Artist - BIGBANG【빅뱅】 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Artist BIGBANG【빅뱅】

Who is your bias?

• Total voters

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

"My interest is to further spread the popularity of Korean Pop [K-Pop]. Therefore, I decided to create this thread so that fans can talk, share, and post different things related to this band. I hope to keep this thread updated not only in their new releases of music videos, songs, and performances but also any sort of media they make an appearance in."

GROUP INFORMATION

Fandom Club Name: V.I.P​

BIGBANG [빅뱅] is a South Korean Boy Band under the label of YG Entertainment. The group consists of 5 members:
  1. Kwon Ji-yong [G-Dragon or GD]
  2. Choi Seung-hyun [T.O.P or Tempo]
  3. Lee Seung-hyun [Seungri or V.I]
  4. Kang Dae-seong [Daesung or D-LITE]
  5. Dong Young-bae [Taeyang or SOL]
They made their official debut on August 19th, 2006 and is currently on hiatus. Some of their well-known songs include Haru Haru, Lies, Last Farewell, Tonight, Bad Boy, Blue, Fantastic Baby, Monster, Loser, Bae Bae, Bang Bang Bang, We Like 2 Party, If You, Sober, and Let's Not Fall In Love.

GROUP MEMBERS

Name: Kwon Ji-yong [권지용]
Stage Name: G-Dragon [지드래곤]
Roles: Leader, Lead-Rapper, Dancer, and Occasional Vocalist​

G-Dragon was born in Seoul, South Korea on August 18th, 1988. He is a South Korean singer-songwriter, record producer, fashion icon, and rapper. Some of his well-known music solos includes Heartbreaker, Crayon, One of a Kind, That XX, Coup D'etat, Crooked, etc.

Name: Choi Seung-hyun [최승현]
Stage Name: T.O.P [탑]
Roles: Main Rapper, Visuals, and Occasional Sub-Vocalist​

T.O.P was born in Seoul, South Korea on November 4th, 1987. He is a South Korean singer-songwriter, rapper, and actor. Some of his well-known movies/films and dramas includes IRIS, 71: Into the Fire, etc.

Name: Lee Seung-hyun [이승현]
Stage Name: Seungri [승리]
Roles: Sub-Vocalist, Dancer, and Maknae​

Seungri was born in Gwangju, Gwangsan District, South Korea on November 12th, 1990. He is a South Korean singer-songwriter, MC, and actor. Some of his well-known music solos includes What Can I Do, V.V.I.P., Let's Talk About Love, etc.

Name: Kang Dae-seong [강대성]
Stage Name: Daesung [대성]
Roles: Lead-Vocalist and Dancer​

Daesung was born in Oryu-dong, Guro District, Seoul, South Korea on April 26th, 1989. He is a South Korean singer-songwriter, actor, and television host. Some of his well-known music solos includes Look At Me Gwisoon, Wings, etc.

Name: Dong Young-bae [동영배]
Stage Name: Taeyang [태양]
Roles: Main Vocalist and Dancer​

Taeyang was born in Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on May 18th, 1988. He is a South Korean singer-songwriter. Some of his well-known music solos includes Wedding Dress, Only Look At Me, I Need A Girl, I'll Be There, Eyes, Nose, Lips, 1AM, Ringa Linga, etc.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I like "Blue". I used to repeat the song very often and include it in my playlist. The song is cool. It's very 'blue' haha I like something blue.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like "Blue". I used to repeat the song very often and include it in my playlist. The song is cool. It's very 'blue' haha I like something blue.
I agree. I also like that song a lot. I'm not sure if you follow or keep up with BIGBANG but in case you don't, you should check out their song, Blue, in the 2015-2016 FINAL MADE Tour in Japan.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Now I am playing Blue. Trying to reminisce

Do you have any recommendation? Which one of their songs is your favorite?

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Now I am playing Blue. Trying to reminisce

Do you have any recommendation? Which one of their songs is your favorite?
Honestly, I like almost all of BIGBANG's songs and my favorites would be a long list. I would have to select my favorite songs out of each album because there are so many. However, most of the songs in the recommendation list will be songs that I like.

Before I post my recommendation list, what type of songs do you like? That way, I can give you a few songs that I think would fit your category for music. Also, if you are interested in a member or have a bias, I can give you some of their solos which are also good.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Honestly, I like almost all of BIGBANG's songs and my favorites would be a long list. I would have to select my favorite songs out of each album because there are so many. However, most of the songs in the recommendation list will be songs that I like.

Before I post my recommendation list, what type of songs do you like? That way, I can give you a few songs that I think would fit your category for music. Also, if you are interested in a member or have a bias, I can give you some of their solos which are also good.
I bet BIGBANG is one of your favorite, am I right?

I kinda like beat one, or melancholy/blue one. Does each of them make solos? Hm I think I am kinda interested in T.O.P.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I bet BIGBANG is one of your favorite, am I right?

I kinda like beat one, or melancholy/blue one. Does each of them make solos? Hm I think I am kinda interested in T.O.P.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I am a hardcore V.I.P. Haha.

As for the recommendations, I think you might like some of these. Some are melancholy and some have a Blue kind of vibe to it. By the way, when you say beat, is it like upbeat, hip-hop style, or more like electronic sounds? I'll have more lists to come after this one.

Recommended Songs List
Whichever ones you've already heard, feel free to ignore. Also, T.O.P is actually one of the very few members who doesn't have many solos. Not sure if you are interested in movies/dramas but he is an actor so he has a few of those. The only two songs T.O.P really released were Turn It Up Loud (2010) and Doom Dada (2013). He is a rapper so I don't think you'll like these songs. But since you like T.O.P and Park Bom, some of these songs might interest you.

G-Dragon and T.O.P [Feat. Park Bom]
BIGBANG and 2NE1 Bonus/Special

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yes, you are absolutely correct. I am a hardcore V.I.P. Haha.
Have they held a tour or a concert in USA? And have you come to one of their events?

As for the recommendations, I think you might like some of these. Some are melancholy and some have a Blue kind of vibe to it. By the way, when you say beat, is it like upbeat, hip-hop style, or more like electronic sounds? I'll have more lists to come after this one.
Why thank you. You bothered providing me those links. Yea sure I'd like it. Hmm I think the beat vibe I meant is like SNSD's Mr Taxi.

But since you like T.O.P and Park Bom, some of these songs might interest you.
Wow even they have already made some duet songs! Never had I known of this before.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Have they held a tour or a concert in USA? And have you come to one of their events?

Why thank you. You bothered providing me those links. Yea sure I'd like it. Hmm I think the beat vibe I meant is like SNSD's Mr Taxi.

Wow even they have already made some duet songs! Never had I known of this before.
Actually, they just held many concerts here in the United States recently. It was their 2015-2016 MADE Tour. I believe some the places they performed were in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Anaheim, and Newark. The final performance in Seoul just passed a week ago or so. Unfortunately, I didn't go because I was too busy with exams, studying, etc.

Hmm... SNSD's Mr. Taxi is kind of a unique song... Hopefully, I can find something like it from BIGBANG. Haha.

Recommended Songs List
I'm running out of songs so I'll probably start giving some of the member's solo songs in the next list. They are actually really good. Some of them are just as good as the songs that the group performs as a whole.

Sorry about the inactivity. As promised, here are some of the member's solo songs that I personally recommend.

Recommended Songs List

[G-Dragon]
[Taeyang]
[Seungri]
[Daesung]

BIGBANG just released their last two MV's which completes the MADE Album! Check them out!

Check out BIGBANG's comeback performance on SBS Inkigayo!

Check out BIGBANG's performance in 2016 SBS Gayodaejun!

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Check out BIGBANG's Performance (Goodbye Stage) on SBS Inkigayo! This may be their last time performing as a group since T.O.P is leaving for military service on February 9th, 2017.

Check out Daesung's new music video!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I like T.O.P. His pitch is cool. So low and heavy.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
BIGBANG is starting this new series called "Run, BIGBANG Scout!". Check it out!

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I heard T.O.P was found unconscious this morning due to overdose. Hope he will be okay

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard T.O.P was found unconscious this morning due to overdose. Hope he will be okay
Yeah... It doesn't sound too good. Been keeping a close eye on the news for the past 20 hours and it's been going back and forth. First, news came out that T.O.P was rushed to the hospital, and then rumors from the Korean media said he woke up. A few hours later, a close friend of T.O.P denied it and said he was still unconscious. Now, the police are saying he is in stable condition. But his own family are denying it, saying that he was close to dying. It's really frustrating and sad to see a small scandal become one of the biggest controversies in the world.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
G-Dragon just released his new music video from his album, "Kwon Ji Yong". Check it out!

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Taeyang just released two new music videos from his album 'White Night'. Check them out!

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Check out Taeyang's live performances for 'Wake Me Up' and 'Darling'!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It seems that T.O.P will be alright, first of all very glad that he is getting help for his mental health issues at the moment. Also, the fact that he got of relatively easy (They have requested a different position in the military for him, no prison sentences caused by his drug use. Only probation).
I suspect we aren't going to hear from him in a very long time. That is good, I really want him to heal and to feel better again!

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It seems that T.O.P will be alright, first of all very glad that he is getting help for his mental health issues at the moment. Also, the fact that he got of relatively easy (They have requested a different position in the military for him, no prison sentences caused by his drug use. Only probation).
I suspect we aren't going to hear from him in a very long time. That is good, I really want him to heal and to feel better again!
Agreed. But the recent news regarding his controversy may make it harder for him to recover, especially since this could damage his reputation even further.

Update: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/08/trainee-in-tops-marijuana-controversy-speaks-up-once-again

I wish him the best in all of this and hope that BIGBANG will get together again.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

inthecity

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
G-Dragon of course!!!!

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Check out BIGBANG's last single as a group before heading off to the military!

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I know I'm a little late on this but check out Seungri's new music video and album!

Personally, I really liked the other songs in his album. My favorites were...
  • BE FRIEND (16:56)
  • ALONE (23:48)
  • GOOD LUCK TO YOU (27:37)