Info - One Piece Manga/Anime - Questions and Answers | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info One Piece Manga/Anime - Questions and Answers

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
You have to kinda take into account the flow of the story, and personally I think it makes sense that at first "it seems rare", but then afterwards not so much.

When the story starts, you're dealing with regular people and citizens in far away countries, you know. They're not exactly the center of the world.

Devil Fruits are, above all, a source of power, so it's no wonder that the further you move towards the New World (where all the pirates are and stuff) you'll find more and more people with abilities and their DF powers.

Also, take into account that piracy involves a lot of stealing, murdering, pillaging, etc., so pretty much any pirate (if he/she works hard enough) could get their hands on a DF over time, since they even usually sell those to the highest bidder.

Besides, it's not like the DFs become "rarer and rarer", because once the user dies the Devil Fruit is always "reborn", so there's always plenty of them around.
That makes sense. I figured that the East Blue was sort of "the neck of the woods" of the world. I didn't know about Devil Fruit being reborn though, but that could no doubt help with so many of them sprouting up out of no where.

Thank you for the answer! :)

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
That makes sense. I figured that the East Blue was sort of "the neck of the woods" of the world. I didn't know about Devil Fruit being reborn though, but that could no doubt help with so many of them sprouting up out of no where.

Thank you for the answer! :)
No problem!
Oh and also (spoilers if you're not up to date with the anime/manga):

We know that the Marines (Vegapunk) are also experimenting with Devil Fruits, and Doflamingo was also mass-producing Devil Fruits, which means that now there's even more DFs around!

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
No problem!
Oh and also (spoilers if you're not up to date with the anime/manga):

We know that the Marines (Vegapunk) are also experimenting with Devil Fruits, and Doflamingo was also mass-producing Devil Fruits, which means that now there's even more DFs around!
I am not caught up at that point (on episode 517) but I had it spoiled for me a long time ago, the same with
Ace's death, Luffy's parentage etc because while reading Naruto I saw a lot of people reacting to it. It seems like having more DF around can provide for interesting interactions in the future though.

In all I can't believe I have waited so long to get into this manga/anime. It has been such a fun ride (especially when I'm sick and can't move much lol). Oda really created a masterpiece which I feel like it is a spiritual successor to Dragon Ball.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I am not caught up at that point (on episode 517) but I had it spoiled for me a long time ago, the same with
Ace's death, Luffy's parentage etc because while reading Naruto I saw a lot of people reacting to it. It seems like having more DF around can provide for interesting interactions in the future though.

In all I can't believe I have waited so long to get into this manga/anime. It has been such a fun ride (especially when I'm sick and can't move much lol). Oda really created a masterpiece which I feel like it is a spiritual successor to Dragon Ball.
It's a lot better than Dragon Ball in many ways though... for one, Akira was making the manga as he went along, as opposed to Oda who clearly has a big, big plan in motion, with everything planned *years* in advance!

Anyway, sorry if I spoiled something for you in my first post, that's why I used the spoilers thing in the next one :/.

So you're only watching the anime, not reading the manga? Will you move on to the manga once you've finished the anime?
Hoping you're having a blast though :P

I kinda dropped the anime since it entered the current arc because the animation was really meh and I hated the unnecessary filler that they added.. So instead I'll just wait and then watch everything in bulk.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It's a lot better than Dragon Ball in many ways though... for one, Akira was making the manga as he went along, as opposed to Oda who clearly has a big, big plan in motion, with everything planned *years* in advance!

Anyway, sorry if I spoiled something for you in my first post, that's why I used the spoilers thing in the next one :/.

So you're only watching the anime, not reading the manga? Will you move on to the manga once you've finished the anime?
Hoping you're having a blast though :P

I kinda dropped the anime since it entered the current arc because the animation was really meh and I hated the unnecessary filler that they added.. So instead I'll just wait and then watch everything in bulk.
You didn't spoil anything for me, don't worry. Much of the show was already spoiled for me long ago. I don't really mind, it's been fun either way. :)

I might go to the manga when I catch up on the anime, but I'm not sure yet. I avoid manga as much as I can because reading it makes my eyes hurt, but I suspect I won't be able to wait for new episodes/seasons and will give in. :lmao

(also, I skip fillers. I don't watch them for any show, though I have heard the fillers for One Piece are generally decent. Later, when I have time, I intend to go over fillers and longer arcs so I can really get the info dug into my mind.)

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
You didn't spoil anything for me, don't worry. Much of the show was already spoiled for me long ago. I don't really mind, it's been fun either way. :)

I might go to the manga when I catch up on the anime, but I'm not sure yet. I avoid manga as much as I can because reading it makes my eyes hurt, but I suspect I won't be able to wait for new episodes/seasons and will give in. :lmao

(also, I skip fillers. I don't watch them for any show, though I have heard the fillers for One Piece are generally decent. Later, when I have time, I intend to go over fillers and longer arcs so I can really get the info dug into my mind.)
Unfortunately I wasn't talking about those kinds of fillers... I'm talking about the canon/official episodes, in which they add fillers in... It's terrible.

I'll just give you a generic example: in the manga, there's an epic fight, and Luffy finishes off the enemy with one move. In the anime, however, the "one move" isn't enough, and they make Luffy struggle needlessly, something that doesn't happen in the manga. Know what I'm saying? I hate when they just can't stick to what "happens" in the manga... :/

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Unfortunately I wasn't talking about those kinds of fillers... I'm talking about the canon/official episodes, in which they add fillers in... It's terrible.

I'll just give you a generic example: in the manga, there's an epic fight, and Luffy finishes off the enemy with one move. In the anime, however, the "one move" isn't enough, and they make Luffy struggle needlessly, something that doesn't happen in the manga. Know what I'm saying? I hate when they just can't stick to what "happens" in the manga... :/
Oh, wow...maybe I do need to read the manga too. That's a huge difference in story and development. Is the Thriller Bark arc even more enjoyable in manga format? Because that had me laughing almost every minute. lol

Also, I guess they did that to make the content last 30 minutes? Though they could just wait and combine actual content into that 30 minutes. :xp

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh, wow...maybe I do need to read the manga too. That's a huge difference in story and development. Is the Thriller Bark arc even more enjoyable in manga format? Because that had me laughing almost every minute. lol

Also, I guess they did that to make the content last 30 minutes? Though they could just wait and combine actual content into that 30 minutes. :xp
That's actually when I started watching, when the episodes airing were the Thriller Bark arc I believe. However, I can't say because I haven't read the entire manga, but I've never seen people complaining about that arc in terms of adaptation, though I could be wrong.

As far as I can remember, the "filler" thing started only after the timeskip, if that helps! But yeah, you definitely want to take a look at the manga if not for that reason alone!

Well, look at it this way. The episodes (right now) last 24 minutes.
6 minutes alone are for the intro/recap, which leaves you with about 15 mins worth of new material, which in itself adds more to the actual content to only stretch it further, so... yeeeah, that's why I kinda dropped it.

I am fairly certain that there was a time where an episode of One Piece had more than 1 chapter's worth of content, which is why they all seemed well paced, but sadly that is no longer the case.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
@Eigengrau

Hmm, then I will give the manga a shot when I finish the anime and need to read the manga anyways. I really love the anime, so if that's good even with the changes, I can imagine what the original content is like. If Usopp, Nami and Chopper are still the trio of three (funny) cowards then I will definitely enjoy it. :gar

Freid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh boy.. One Piece fillers are trash but I'd say they're the least of the anime's problems.

Here are some of the anime's recent masterpieces.

Zoro is a dumbass that pokes his shirts with his swords.

What the hell even is that?

I approve of this one.

Ok on second thoughts, these might not be as bad as when the anime uses terrible fillers to pad out canon episodes, but fillers in themselves aren't deal breakers for me. It's when they're mixed in with canon content and you can't escape them, so you have no choice but to sit through those 30 minutes of Hancock day dreaming about marrying Luffy in the middle of a war while you're wondering when it's gonna end and it never does!

Last edited:

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Oh boy.. One Piece fillers are trash but I'd say they're the least of the anime's problems.

Here are some of the anime's recent masterpieces.

Zoro is a dumbass that pokes his shirts with his swords.

What the hell even is that?

I approve of this one.

Ok on second thoughts, these might not be as bad as when the anime uses terrible fillers to pad out canon episodes, but fillers in themselves aren't deal breakers for me. It's when they're mixed in with canon content and you can't escape them, so you have no choice but to sit through those 30 minutes of Hancock day dreaming about marrying Luffy in the middle of a war while you're wondering when it's gonna end and it never does!
Oh my! lol

You know, as I watched I always thought "are their breasts getter bigger and bigger every episode?". Now...now I know they were getting bigger. Well, despite its flaws, I'm having massive fun with the anime. When the animation isn't bad (which I personally found to be rare (again, skipping filler)) I have had a lot of laughs and fun and considered the art good where I used to think it was unbearable. :hurr

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh my! lol

You know, as I watched I always thought "are their breasts getter bigger and bigger every episode?". Now...now I know they were getting bigger. Well, despite its flaws, I'm having massive fun with the anime. When the animation isn't bad (which I personally found to be rare (again, skipping filler)) I have had a lot of laughs and fun and considered the art good where I used to think it was unbearable. :hurr
I loved the animation from the very beginning until the timeskip, more or less. I especially liked the earlier seasons, the way they were drawn and animated and everything.

strawhatcrew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
so i was rereading one piece and at fishman island pekom and tamago said bigmom will make tea party in four days.. is this the same sanji wedding party or different party? o.O

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
so i was rereading one piece and at fishman island pekom and tamago said bigmom will make tea party in four days.. is this the same sanji wedding party or different party? o.O
I believe so, remember that the whole events of Dressrosa happen in a single day, same for Punk Hazard I think. If there had been a previous Tea Part before Sanji's wedding I think Big Mom would've already opened the treasure box... then again now that I think about it it's kinda weird that Big Mom didn't say anything related to Sanji back on FI if she was already planning on kidnapping him and such...

strawhatcrew

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
its different tea party.. the party pekom mention at fishman island is different..
and the tea party/sanji wedding party different too.. big mom must love to do tea party lol

from chapter 827-

after luffy defeat doflamingo

tea party pekom and tamago said in fishman island

BigBadDogg

Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hi everyone,
Has there ever been a full grown giant who has eaten a DF, specifically a logia one? Wondering as that would be near impossible to stop.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has there ever been a full grown giant who has eaten a DF, specifically a logia one?
No that I know of in the manga. There has been one in Anime (filler), her name is Lily Enstomach.

Wondering as that would be near impossible to stop.

"Has anyone encountered a giant with a Logia ability? That's what I will become once I eat Mera Mera no mi" - Hajrudin

BigBadDogg

Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
No that I know of in the manga. There has been one in Anime (filler), her name is Lily Enstomach.

"Has anyone encountered a giant with a Logia ability? That's what I will become once I eat Mera Mera no mi" - Hajrudin
Thanks for the reply. I did not remember that scene. I would like to see some giants with DF abilities soon.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the Skypia arc, we see that Enel/Eneru doesn't retain his logia intangibility when Luffy hits him. The reason is later explained because he is rubber. I was ok with that until I saw this:

We see that Kamakiri is using a wooden spear, which is thrust into Enel's head. I googled it and learned that wood is a poor conductor of electricity like rubber. Therefore, as the iron end of the spear is stabbed in he should be intagible, but when the wood enters there his real body should be harmed. Therefore, Enel should be dead.

If there is something I am missing please tell me.