Mag Talk - Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021) | Page 53 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shounen Sunday (Shogakukan) - Part 2 (2015 - 2021)

Your opinion about the 1st episode of Komi-san, wa Komyushou desu?

• Amazing

• Very Good

• Good

• Average

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Sunday #21 (19/04):
Daiku no Hatou (Lead Color Page, New Series)
Meitantei Conan (Cover)

Komi-san wa、Komyushou Desu。
Major 2nd
Maiko-san chi no Makanai-san (Color Page)
Hoankan Evans no Uso 〜Dead or Love〜 (32 pg.)

Tenshou no Quadrable
Hatsukoi Zombie
Maou-jou de Oyasumi
Magi (Color Page)
Souboutei Kowasubeshi
Be Blues!
Dagashi Kashi
Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake! (Color Page)
Hiiragi-sama wa Jibun o Sagashite Iru。
Kyoukai no Rinne
Aozakura - Bouei Daigakkou Monogatari
Tokiwa Kitareri!!
Tenshi to Akuto!!
Saike Mata Shite mo
Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo
Keijo!!!!!!!!
Dameterasu-sama。
Sunday Hikagaku Kenkyujo
Arata Kangatari (Absent)
Gin no Saji (Absent)
Ryoko (Absent)
Zettai Karen Children (Absent till Summer)

#22・23:
Cover: Gosho Aoyama World
Lead CP: Youkai Giga by Satou Satsuki (New Series)
CP: Hoankan Evans no Uso 〜Dead or Love〜, Magi
Absent: Ryoko, Zettai Karen Children (Till Summer)

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Maiko-san had a score for around 8,100 copies sold in its 1st week.

Manga One/Ura Sunday will have a new series batch, there's one interesting new serialization which is an adaptation of oneshot that showed up in one of Jump Next issues in 2015, Bokura no Q is the name of it. A rare thing to see a oneshot serialized in other publisher.

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I remember this, it was in the first issue of Jump Next in 2015 same issue as Takuan and Batsu oneshot

it's like Parasite but instead of aliens, big black balls heehee follows people around and gives them powers, normal people can't see the balls only its users can see it

some use it for evil other use it for good

the mc uses his to stop the people that use it for evil

it was a cool oneshot and I liked it, I'm surprised Jump let it go, the art is a little wonky but it could be fixed

I'll follow it on Ura Sunday for sure

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
There has a been a large increase in Detective Conan merchandise this year. Going to have buy some of those figures...

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I remember this, it was in the first issue of Jump Next in 2015 same issue as Takuan and Batsu oneshot

it's like Parasite but instead of aliens, big black balls heehee follows people around and gives them powers, normal people can't see the balls only its users can see it

some use it for evil other use it for good

the mc uses his to stop the people that use it for evil

it was a cool oneshot and I liked it, I'm surprised Jump let it go, the art is a little wonky but it could be fixed

I'll follow it on Ura Sunday for sure
Didn't saw it but I looked on the net for the reception and it seemed to be the most popular oneshot this issue with Takuan. He had two years to improve himself, so the art problem could be more-or-less gone. I'll also look forward to it.
There has a been a large increase in Detective Conan merchandise this year. Going to have buy some of those figures...
That's true, whenever I go to websunday to check something, every week (every) there's at least 5 new stuff for Conan and it takes around 50% of all news they post there. Super rides on Conan merch and I won't be surprised if they will do new Conan themed magazine in Shogakukan or just don't bother and change Super for it.

Also I'm officially launching battle manga crisis in Sunday 'alarm.gif'. Magi is ending, Mushi is ending, Tokiwa most likely is ending, Saike future isn't sure, ZKC is on hiatus and will end though most likely in the next year, Ryoko future is grim, Keijo should end this year too, Arata hiatus and when it comes it'll restart only for it to end and We don't know how Quadrable will do. In the worst case scenario, Sunday at the end of the year can only have ZKC as a proper battle manga and Souboutei as 'half' of it. There will probably be new series of this type but as long as they'll not be done by big names they can come and go quick.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Also I'm officially launching battle manga crisis in Sunday 'alarm.gif'. Magi is ending, Mushi is ending, Tokiwa most likely is ending, Saike future isn't sure, ZKC is on hiatus and will end though most likely in the next year, Ryoko future is grim, Keijo should end this year too, Arata hiatus and when it comes it'll restart only for it to end and We don't know how Quadrable will do. In the worst case scenario, Sunday at the end of the year can only have ZKC as a proper battle manga and Souboutei as 'half' of it. There will probably be new series of this type but as long as they'll not be done by big names they can come and go quick.
I've been sounding this alarm for a while, lol. I feel like the maagazine is just embracing it's identity as a sports/comedy/slice of life/romcom magazine at this point. Action series just don't seem to do that well for whatever reason (My guess is people just prefer to go to Jump for that?) The recent hits in WSS have had that in common --they're not action series. Granted the magazine has a weird way of not promoting anything so that could be a problem they could address, though honestly action wise there isn't anything they could animate other than more of Magi maybe. Either way, if they're just accepting that WSS is not an action magazine, then that might be for the best. I do hope RYOKO manages to come back soon, but that sounds unlikely --and even when it does return it might be just to end. It's sad since they really were trying to make it the next big thing.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I've been sounding this alarm for a while, lol. I feel like the maagazine is just embracing it's identity as a sports/comedy/slice of life/romcom magazine at this point. Action series just don't seem to do that well for whatever reason (My guess is people just prefer to go to Jump for that?) The recent hits in WSS have had that in common --they're not action series. Granted the magazine has a weird way of not promoting anything so that could be a problem they could address, though honestly action wise there isn't anything they could animate other than more of Magi maybe. Either way, if they're just accepting that WSS is not an action magazine, then that might be for the best. I do hope RYOKO manages to come back soon, but that sounds unlikely --and even when it does return it might be just to end. It's sad since they really were trying to make it the next big thing.
I can get behind the fact that Sunday have more slice-of-lifish, comedies and romcom series because as I said many times over not genre counts for me but overall quality of the story but shounen mag is sad without good battle manga and also I feel like it's down to Ichihara not actually pushing that much for them, he tried with Ryoko but it kinda backfired. I think that the tactic of putting more experienced mangakas to do more battle/action series with occasionally more talented guys trying it and giving newcomers to do lighter series is a better tactic here. I just hope when Magi and Mushi will be gone they actually get a decent battle manga that I can look forward to just like I do with them - only it needs to do better sales-wise than Mushibugyo.

Ryoko 2nd volume is listed to drop on 6/16 according to Amazon so we can hope that Kaito could be back in June. At least if they will decide to not push the date even more in time.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
Speaking of Ura Sunday, I need to check it out. My disdain for digital has kept me away from it. The Whistle sequel and horse racing manga have enticed me...

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
#22-23 :
Keijo (End)

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yaiba fully scanlated = never
Yaiba licensed = never
Yaiba anime fully subbed = never
Yaiba anime localized = never

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :devil-mad

raikou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For those who update with Keijo, is it cancelled or natural end?
I want to catch up but ask first.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
New For those who update with Keijo, is it cancelled or natural end?
Look like canceled. 18th (last) volume out in july.

Torca

Reaction score
Country
Poland
So my guess was actually true?! Though I though it would end in #21 but it had a one issue break so it counts.

I love Oda tribute to Ran, Tanabe's Kaito, Fukuchi's Yaiba and Satsuki's Onimaru. Love this tributes.

Oberon

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Sunday #22・23 (26/04):
Gosho Aoyama World (Cover)
Magic Kaito (Special Chapter, Part I)

Maou-jou de Oyasumi
Youkai Giga (Color Page, New Series, 25 pg.)
Daiku no Hatou (24 pg.)

Tenshou no Quadrable
Hoankan Evans no Uso 〜Dead or Love〜 (Color Page)
Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!
Magi (Color Page)
Komi-san wa、Komyushou Desu。
Major 2nd
Maiko-san chi no Makanai-san
Be Blues!
Kyoukai no Rinne
Dagashi Kashi
Souboutei Kowasubeshi
Hatsukoi Zombie
Tenshi to Akuto!!
Aozakura - Bouei Daigakkou Monogatari
Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyo
Saike Mata Shite mo
Birdmen (Monthly Series)
Hiiragi-sama wa Jibun o Sagashite Iru。
Tokiwa Kitareri!!
Dameterasu-sama。
Keijo!!!!!!!! (End)
Sunday Hikagaku Kenkyujo
Arata Kangatari (Absent)
Gin no Saji (Absent)
Meitantei Conan (Absent)
Ryoko (Absent)
Zettai Karen Children (Absent till Summer)

#24:
Lead CP: K・O・I by Tamiki Wakaki (New Series, 61 pg.)
CP: Be Blues!, Hatsukoi Zombie, Tenshou no Quadrable
Absent: Meitantei Conan, Ryoko

-----

Probably, I say probably because I can't clearly see the preview, Be Blues! will reach his climax in WSS #24.

Last edited:

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
K.O.I is finally coming! It seemed like it took forever since the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.