Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

Hanzō

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Boruto will follow a similar way as DBZ and plenty of other mangas did.. random villain pops out of nowhere and is much stronger than our heroes. They barely manage to survive... villain gives the hero some time for some reason *insert eye of the tiger tune" training session begins, our hero is much stronger and wins the battle.

For the next arc just rinse and repeat..

I do not have any expectations from such a cash cow anymore..

Last edited:

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
When?

He only gives the Ok.
Giving an "okay" is consenting to it being canon. Here is an interview he did about the series:

Kishimoto said:
I am separated from it, but I check over each chapter as it's being made so I'm still part of the team. Because I'm still involved, I can't really look at it from a fan's point of view, especially since the current story is still adapted from the movie script I created.
Also, discussing how the process of creating this new anime and how it is daunting—an anime connected to the new manga—also points towards it being canon. He's not as actively involved as he was before, but he oversees the projects and helps keep them on point. It's canon.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
RAWs are out and Sarada's dress is getting shorter and shorter. :cookiehand

http://readnaruto.com/chapter/boruto-naruto-next-generations-chapter-015/

Looks like we
have our new enemy finally! It seems like we're finally getting somewhere with the story!

EDIT

Watch the magical transformation of Pedo Sarada to Better Sarada and weep for the better that you don't have. t-t

>

Last edited:

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Styx lmaooo eww!! I seriously can't believe people could get turned on by this. At least it doesn't affect her personality wise but shit is just weird and random.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It changes her personality a lot, actually. She's more Ino now than Sarada, but personality wise its not as damaging as it could be...

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter is out if anyone cares. Chill ending to a terrible arc. New villains look interesting and we're finally getting info on the curse mark. So much for the B-rank mission.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What the hell even is this series? I don't think the arc was terrible, but it was incredibly bland and uninteresting. It felt like the author was trying to do a spin on the Land of Waves, but watered it down. And then they decided to water it down some more for safe measure.

Finally getting to seal stuff, so that'll be interesting...maybe. The translation of the group's name, if it's correct, makes me think that these folks are going to be the opposite of Jinchuriki somehow.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yes the only part of this arc that has me interested so far is this Kara Group. I suspect that these seals may steal power from Ninja? But surely Boruto was given his seal by that Kaguya wannabe? So I'm not really sure.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes the only part of this arc that has me interested so far is this Kara Group. I suspect that these seals may steal power from Ninja? But surely Boruto was given his seal by that Kaguya wannabe? So I'm not really sure.
I think the seals do seal Chakra or screw with it somehow, changing it from how it normally functions.

Going by Kaguya's child's words, the seal came from defeating a "god" or whatever, so while it wasn't intentional, Boruto did get it from him.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Were the seals were created after studying how the Ōtsutsuki clan could "eat" chakra and instead negates it? Would be cooler than just some bad guy figuring it out by himself. Also, really hope the Kara group has good motives and just doesn't become a new Akatsuki.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
What the hell even is this series? I don't think the arc was terrible, but it was incredibly bland and uninteresting. It felt like the author was trying to do a spin on the Land of Waves, but watered it down. And then they decided to water it down some more for safe measure.

Finally getting to seal stuff, so that'll be interesting...maybe. The translation of the group's name, if it's correct, makes me think that these folks are going to be the opposite of Jinchuriki somehow.
What would be the opposite of Jinchuriki?

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hmm, maybe that something is feeding some entity the Kara group is after?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What would be the opposite of Jinchuriki?
Instead of housing a monster of pure chakra, they are a vessel devoid of chakra and using the seals or something else as a source of power. Boruto being unable to keep the his strength or Rasengan formed makes me think that is the case.

Absorbing chakra is a possibility, but I think they may want to destroy chakra as a whole, which would lead to the breakdown of the ninja as we know them, which is what the first chapter insinuated the plan was. At least, it was the dude that Boruto was fighting's end goal.

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
Instead of housing a monster of pure chakra, they are a vessel devoid of chakra and using the seals or something else as a source of power. Boruto being unable to keep the his strength or Rasengan formed makes me think that is the case.

Absorbing chakra is a possibility, but I think they may want to destroy chakra as a whole, which would lead to the breakdown of the ninja as we know them, which is what the first chapter insinuated the plan was. At least, it was the dude that Boruto was fighting's end goal.
I doubt we've seen the full extent of Kara yet, the group is searching for seals that only come when killing interdimentional "gods" so it's likely they have at least one member with the Rinnegan to hunt Otsutsukis and read their stuff.

As for what those seals are, I have an idea which would need a topic of it's own.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
As for what those seals are, I have an idea which would need a topic of it's own.
You may as well post it here. Boruto isn't the monster that it's predecessor was and might not be for a long time, if ever, so it won't have it's own space for sub threads and the like. Plus, this thread isn't exactly poppin' with posts so you should be fine. It'll give us something to discuss until next month.

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
You may as well post it here. Boruto isn't the monster that it's predecessor was and might not be for a long time, if ever, so it won't have it's own space for sub threads and the like. Plus, this thread isn't exactly poppin' with posts so you should be fine. It'll give us something to discuss until next month.
I wrote it in my Tumblr blog:

To cut it short it, the seals can give people the power to rival even Otsutsukis by using heavenly energy. However, they are as dangerous as if not more dangerous than using Sage Mode without training and could destroy all Shinobi if forced upon them em masse.

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Well...

I wrote it in my Tumblr blog:

To cut it short it, the seals can give people the power to rival even Otsutsukis by using heavenly energy. However, they are as dangerous as if not more dangerous than using Sage Mode without training and could destroy all Shinobi if forced upon them em masse.
how does it destroy all shinobi?

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
how does it destroy all shinobi?
The survival rate for Sage training is absurdly small. While there were only two sages in Naruto's entire generation and even less on previous generations, Mount Myoboku is filled with statues from hundreds or even thousands of people who died trying to learn the art.

Orochimaru's cursed marks, which have a survival rate of 1/30, are nowhere near true sages but give another grim figure of how dangerous it is to force Senjutsu onto people incapable of standing it.

If Orochimaru were to bite every Shinobi on the planet, the population would drop to 1/30 of it's original size. Worse than that, a good part of the survivors would become corrupted due to Senjutsu's predisposition to drive people crazy with power like Jugo.

To answer your question, imagine that breaking the boundary between heaven and earth would infect every Shinobi on the planet with Shinjutsu.

If only 1/100 shinobi survive forcibly becoming shamans and the majority of those survivors decide they are no longer shinobi and must destroy those who are then we get exactly to where Boruto and Kawaki stand.

It's a lot like X-Men origins in which the villain would nuke the world so that only mutants could survive in it and mutants that didn't follow him would be purged.