Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Well...

The survival rate for Sage training is absurdly small. While there were only two sages in Naruto's entire generation and even less on previous generations, Mount Myoboku is filled with statues from hundreds or even thousands of people who died trying to learn the art.

Orochimaru's cursed marks, which have a survival rate of 1/30, are nowhere near true sages but give another grim figure of how dangerous it is to force Senjutsu onto people incapable of standing it.

If Orochimaru were to bite every Shinobi on the planet, the population would drop to 1/30 of it's original size. Worse than that, a good part of the survivors would become corrupted due to Senjutsu's predisposition to drive people crazy with power like Jugo.

To answer your question, imagine that breaking the boundary between heaven and earth would infect every Shinobi on the planet with Shinjutsu.

If only 1/100 shinobi survive forcibly becoming shamans and the majority of those survivors decide they are no longer shinobi and must destroy those who are then we get exactly to where Boruto and Kawaki stand.

It's a lot like X-Men origins in which the villain would nuke the world so that only mutants could survive in it and mutants that didn't follow him would be purged.
did you just reveal the entire plot for the boruto series in a few sentences?

1337 haxor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
did you just reveal the entire plot for the boruto series in a few sentences?
Who knows, I just try to find patterns on the avaiable information wheter they are real or not.

One thing is true though, you'll need a whole new set of powers for the antagonists to make a believable threat to the established cast.

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...

Who knows, I just try to find patterns on the avaiable information wheter they are real or not.

One thing is true though, you'll need a whole new set of powers for the antagonists to make a believable threat to the established cast.
Or they just need freaking powerful sealing jutsu and be insanely adept with using them, if you can seal Kaguya, you can seal Naruto, Sasuke e and co.

I don't think we would hear about new kinds of power sources, at least not until very late in the story's development. The mark in Boruto disrupts chakra, and given the recurrent theme that the Ootsutsuki somehow are adept (or maybe even dependant) on consuming chakra and natural energy, the seals are probably related to that than to new kind of energy. If you really want to end the shinobi world you'll have to revert mankind to the time prior to Hogoromo´s teachings, where people didn't have the ability to access spiritual energy, the best way to achieve this is to lock chakra away somewhere it can't be accessed, just like in the beginning all chakra was stored in the Shinju, the easiest way would be storing chakra on another dimension in which you'll can't access without chakra.

The flaw in the whole concept of Shinjutsu as another source of power in the form of "spiritual energy" is that chakra already is the mix of physical (shintai) and spiritual (seishin) energies, and spiritual energy is already an almost infinite source of energy since it can be expanded indefinitely by study, meditation and experience. Chakra (the mix of spiritual and physical energies) is only limited by the physical condition/stamina of the user. There are people like the Uzumaki clan which have a body with a higher ability to develop their own physical energies, thus allowing them to access more spiritual energy and people like Orochimaru or Kakashi with a more limited ability to develop their own physical energy, just like there are people in real world which physical constitution allow them to develop more muscle mass than other or people with a body type that allows them to run very fast in very short time and other which can run for very long times albeit not so fast.

Since the whole concept of a spiritual based energy already exists it is unlikely that something similar will show up, at least in the form you described. But there's always the possibility of something on those lines.

Also the problem with using natural energy is not that very few people are able to tap it or that thet die or go crazy simply by tapping it, the real problem is that it is very difficult to balance. Fukasaku's explanation to Naruto still holds, essentially when you tap natural energy you instantly access the total energy of the entire world around you, and it need a lot of physical energy to be able to access the large amount of spiritual energy needed to balance the three kinds of energy, since most people don't have enough physical energy to do so they can't use it, and even when they do, very few people have enough control over the 3 kinds of energy needed to balance it for prolonged time. It is like an amateur pool swimmer being thrown into the surf on a very windy and stormy day, despite their ability to swim very well, very few would survive for long times because very few have the stamina to withstand it. Juugo's clan goes crazy with natural energy exactly because they can't balance it well enough and start to transform in whatever weird beast natural energy transforms people before they become stone.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Shiiit, I can't wait! It looks like it'll be a good chapter!

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter is out.

Seems like I spoke too soon about things becoming interesting because, somehow, Kara was the most boring aspect of this chapter.

Seeing Naruto fight Boruto was the most entertaining part. It's interesting that Boruto is still feeling the affects of the seal and Shikaidai is the only one to notice he wasn't fighting normally.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hell no eefrit this was the best chapter since this series started! It's been mostly a joke and an abomination but I'm really looking forward to Kara and whoever is in that container. Could be an Uchiha. The Jigen leader dude and the one girl caught my interest the most. Maybe it's hope after all, so far so good but they do remind me of Atatsuki, which could be good or very bad.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The container is probably the dude we saw at the start of the series.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Have to admit I laughed at them last chapter calling them Akatsuki rejects, but this chapter they've started manifesting personalities. I like this Koji guy. But unfortunately he's going first so I'm going to predict that grandpa was the weakest and then him. Hopefully I'm wrong. The girl looks cool as well. For a minute I thought the pattern on her eye was the Rinnegan but it's not. I'm looking forward to seeing if it's just a design or if it's some sort of rinnegan knock off with some sort of ability.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It was nice, but pretty short. The training scene was cool but it felt like it was just thrown in there for the sake of it. A longer scene with more use of the prosthetic would have made it more useful, in my opinion. Overall though...good chapter. :)

Container dude...Kawaki maybe?

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is it that we have to wait till this dude becomes Hokage to see him use anything outside of his go to techniques? It's funny but depressingly sad at the same time.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lmao I was thinking the same. I first was wondering when Naruto learned Earth Style but then I remember he was blessed with all the chakras of the 9 jinchūrikis. But only now we see it. They've been nerfing Naruto since he became Hokage

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Why is it that we have to wait till this dude becomes Hokage to see him use anything outside of his go to techniques? It's funny but depressingly sad at the same time.
I can understand why he didn't use it during the original story, since story wise only a few months passed between learning how to use wind release and acquiring his Rikudou Powers, certainly it didn't pass more than a year between the Kakuzu/Hidan arc and the War arc. I doubt anyone else could pull learning wind release, learning how to add elemental nature to rasengan, learning sage mode, taming a biiju, learning bijuu mode, rikudou sage mode, learning all bijuu elemental natures, and still incorporating everything neatly on his base fighting style. Sasuke maybe could pull all this, but we'll never know since Sasuke poweru-ups were usually more incremental and logically sequenced than Naruto's.

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
The container is probably the dude we saw at the start of the series.
I don't think so, if you look carefully you'll see that this vessel guy is mechanical with puppet joints.

There is still no sight of Kawaki yet but the name of the organization and their project imply they'll try to stuff the tailed beasts inside that thing.

Or they just need freaking powerful sealing jutsu and be insanely adept with using them, if you can seal Kaguya, you can seal Naruto, Sasuke e and co.

I don't think we would hear about new kinds of power sources, at least not until very late in the story's development. The mark in Boruto disrupts chakra, and given the recurrent theme that the Ootsutsuki somehow are adept (or maybe even dependant) on consuming chakra and natural energy, the seals are probably related to that than to new kind of energy. If you really want to end the shinobi world you'll have to revert mankind to the time prior to Hogoromo´s teachings, where people didn't have the ability to access spiritual energy, the best way to achieve this is to lock chakra away somewhere it can't be accessed, just like in the beginning all chakra was stored in the Shinju, the easiest way would be storing chakra on another dimension in which you'll can't access without chakra.

The flaw in the whole concept of Shinjutsu as another source of power in the form of "spiritual energy" is that chakra already is the mix of physical (shintai) and spiritual (seishin) energies, and spiritual energy is already an almost infinite source of energy since it can be expanded indefinitely by study, meditation and experience. Chakra (the mix of spiritual and physical energies) is only limited by the physical condition/stamina of the user. There are people like the Uzumaki clan which have a body with a higher ability to develop their own physical energies, thus allowing them to access more spiritual energy and people like Orochimaru or Kakashi with a more limited ability to develop their own physical energy, just like there are people in real world which physical constitution allow them to develop more muscle mass than other or people with a body type that allows them to run very fast in very short time and other which can run for very long times albeit not so fast.

Since the whole concept of a spiritual based energy already exists it is unlikely that something similar will show up, at least in the form you described. But there's always the possibility of something on those lines.

Also the problem with using natural energy is not that very few people are able to tap it or that thet die or go crazy simply by tapping it, the real problem is that it is very difficult to balance. Fukasaku's explanation to Naruto still holds, essentially when you tap natural energy you instantly access the total energy of the entire world around you, and it need a lot of physical energy to be able to access the large amount of spiritual energy needed to balance the three kinds of energy, since most people don't have enough physical energy to do so they can't use it, and even when they do, very few people have enough control over the 3 kinds of energy needed to balance it for prolonged time. It is like an amateur pool swimmer being thrown into the surf on a very windy and stormy day, despite their ability to swim very well, very few would survive for long times because very few have the stamina to withstand it. Juugo's clan goes crazy with natural energy exactly because they can't balance it well enough and start to transform in whatever weird beast natural energy transforms people before they become stone.
I see your point but the concept I speak of is more like the natural energy of the spiritual realm than some utterly alien power nobody saw before.

Just like natural energy is a type of physical energy akin to physical chakra, divine energy is a type of spiritual energy akin to spiritual chakra.

Shinjutsu is the art of harnessing the divine energy of the spiritual realm into the physical realm, it's like Senjutsu but the natural energy is different because It comes from a different realm.

The principle to master it is the same as the one taught by Fukasaku, the big difference is that you harness it from a link to the spiritual realm rather than standing still in the same place.

According to my theory, it is the endless source of energy powering the Edo Tensei zombies from the other side.

When one has both Shinjutsu and Senjutsu, they can balance one another in proportions far beyond human limits because you are using another world rather than your body's energy for the task.

When the two forces mix akin to ying-yang release, they form a reality warping energy better described as magic because it can ignore the laws of the Universe. Hence I came to call using it Majutsu.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The guy we saw at the end of this chapter doesn't have to be the guy in the container. It could be the dude sent to retrieve the container dude. Also, I don't think those are puppet joints. I just think they're sandals terribly drawn from that angle.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Oh boy, it sure as been a long time since I last checked on Boruto gotta say I like and dislike a few things:
-Sarada´s outfit (no, dont be fanservy with the best girl, godamn no!:nowant)

Well...

I wrote it in my Tumblr blog:

To cut it short it, the seals can give people the power to rival even Otsutsukis by using heavenly energy. However, they are as dangerous as if not more dangerous than using Sage Mode without training and could destroy all Shinobi if forced upon them em masse.
This I like, not only does it tie up loose ends regarding how Hidan´s god Jashin could make him immortal, Edo Tensei and few other ritual techniques, etc... but it also adds a lot of a spiritualism concept to chackra, this proves, "tensei" jutsus are truly the most hax, consideering by majority default they have strong ties to the spiritual world.

It could make Boruto look a bit more like Bleach though, those seals could give to the user a similar ability to that of the quincy´s minus the necessity of needing to be close to the spirit energy.

If this spirit thing is real, we´d need to see more "tensei" jutsus being displayed though, that aside I think the real threat of trying to do such Shinjutsu is that it could fuck up the whole life and death cycle which was already hinted in the canon to be a reason why the jutsu had been baned and not just the shinobi, like the Kara group could seriously end up erasing the whole world with that kind of power, remember that the Tenseigan had a power strong enough to split the moon into two, if Kawaki gets a bigger power-up than that with his seal he´d be like a God Level Threat from OPM, walking around basically ants, there wouldnt even be a need for more contract seals to be unleashed, for more devastation, when you can have more than enough power to destroy the earth being passed down to a single person (that would make a Naruto Death at the hands of Kawaki quite believable). The main question here though is control, it´s very difficult to believe any ninja no matter how skilled will learn to control that power, I really hope the author doesnt abuse the genius card and makes both Kawaki and Boruto having full control over the art, too soon.

Last edited:

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I see your point but the concept I speak of is more like the natural energy of the spiritual realm than some utterly alien power nobody saw before.

Just like natural energy is a type of physical energy akin to physical chakra, divine energy is a type of spiritual energy akin to spiritual chakra.

Shinjutsu is the art of harnessing the divine energy of the spiritual realm into the physical realm, it's like Senjutsu but the natural energy is different because It comes from a different realm.

The principle to master it is the same as the one taught by Fukasaku, the big difference is that you harness it from a link to the spiritual realm rather than standing still in the same place.

According to my theory, it is the endless source of energy powering the Edo Tensei zombies from the other side.

When one has both Shinjutsu and Senjutsu, they can balance one another in proportions far beyond human limits because you are using another world rather than your body's energy for the task.

When the two forces mix akin to ying-yang release, they form a reality warping energy better described as magic because it can ignore the laws of the Universe. Hence I came to call using it Majutsu.
The problem is not that the idea of a "divine" ellement is unfeasible, but that whole idea of a spiritual world in Narutoverse is far fetched not by a little bit. Kishimoto could've done it with the Ootsutsuki clan, but preferred and alien origin. The only inkling that some sort of spiritual world may even exist relies in the the concept of the shinigami on Shiki Fuin and on the fact that Edo Tensei brings back the soul from a dead person from somewhere. Edo tensei in itself is explained with the two types of energy used to create chakra, also the technique is not that insanely powerful one just by itself, since it is of no use to be able to bring fooder ninja, and most users could not muster enough power to bring the likes of Hachirama, Madara and a cadre of dead Kages like Orochimarized Kabuto, Orochimaru or the technique's creator Tobirama. The only really "overpower" bit is the fact that unless the caster dispels it, Edo Tensei could essentially run forever, even if the caster is dead. Hidan's "divine" origin to his powers seems to be widely regarded as lunacy in all media it appeared until now, it seems that everyone just considers it as just some crazy jutsu.

But Kishimoto did some crazy s**t in his day, who knows what the new guys could really do if they start to go crazy in their ideas?

1337 haxor

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...
The problem is not that the idea of a "divine" ellement is unfeasible, but that whole idea of a spiritual world in Narutoverse is far fetched not by a little bit. Kishimoto could've done it with the Ootsutsuki clan, but preferred and alien origin. The only inkling that some sort of spiritual world may even exist relies in the the concept of the shinigami on Shiki Fuin and on the fact that Edo Tensei brings back the soul from a dead person from somewhere. Edo tensei in itself is explained with the two types of energy used to create chakra, also the technique is not that insanely powerful one just by itself, since it is of no use to be able to bring fooder ninja, and most users could not muster enough power to bring the likes of Hachirama, Madara and a cadre of dead Kages like Orochimarized Kabuto, Orochimaru or the technique's creator Tobirama. The only really "overpower" bit is the fact that unless the caster dispels it, Edo Tensei could essentially run forever, even if the caster is dead. Hidan's "divine" origin to his powers seems to be widely regarded as lunacy in all media it appeared until now, it seems that everyone just considers it as just some crazy jutsu.

But Kishimoto did some crazy s**t in his day, who knows what the new guys could really do if they start to go crazy in their ideas?
As far as evidence goes, Edo Tensei summon spirits from something called the Pure World.

Besides that we had Hagoromo summoning himself and past kages from the afterlife using the Rinnegan, we have Indra and Ashura playing reincarnation tag and we have Hamura visiting Hinata's dreams.

There is some kind of afterlife in the Naruto verse, we just don't know how it works.

Besides, the Vessel of Kara is supposed to be the key that unlocks the gate so It wouldn't be surprising if the gate in question is the legendary cave leading to Yomi of the Shinto mythology.

mangah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
this ninja stuff is problem ...

just some scientist manage to make some stuff to absorb all jutsu ... this make ninja and their power useless ....

you need just some "Absorbing chakra ninja tool" to be immune against 90% of ninjutsus ...

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well...

As far as evidence goes, Edo Tensei summon spirits from something called the Pure World.

Besides that we had Hagoromo summoning himself and past kages from the afterlife using the Rinnegan, we have Indra and Ashura playing reincarnation tag and we have Hamura visiting Hinata's dreams.

There is some kind of afterlife in the Naruto verse, we just don't know how it works.

Besides, the Vessel of Kara is supposed to be the key that unlocks the gate so It wouldn't be surprising if the gate in question is the legendary cave leading to Yomi of the Shinto mythology.
Yes, there is the concept of the Pure World and the Middle Plane, but other than passing mentions once or twice in over 700 chapters, there is very a very few material for it to go on and to link it to the main story, specially since it is already established that chakra is the the power connecting all these planes.

It is not impossible make your idea work, but given the little attention the series did to these "dimensions" and the spiritual side of things, it is hard to see them becoming something important in the near future. But maybe, in the very long run, it would be feasible to introduce and develop these ideas.

this ninja stuff is problem ...

just some scientist manage to make some stuff to absorb all jutsu ... this make ninja and their power useless ....

you need just some "Absorbing chakra ninja tool" to be immune against 90% of ninjutsus ...
You still have to be skilled enough to be able to use it properly in combat, no matter how powerful a weapon is, if the user does not have enough skill, it will always be trumped by skilled adversaries