Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 368 Discussion / 369 Predictions | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 368 Discussion / 369 Predictions

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Bam was already dead by then Arlene tried to suicide many times. Seeing his wife going insane trying to suicide while his son dead might be enough to push a man to the ledge..idk.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Either way that neither Gustav nor Eduan, who from what we've seen at were inclined to go against Zahard, didn't side with V and Arlene makes me think there is some darker truth about those two which we don't know. I mean, apparently Eduan would have preferred V be king. That's a pretty big statement.

It really makes me wonder what is on that floor where Zahard stopped and sealed the tower. Because that started this whole fight. It wasn't Arlene and V's son. It was Zahard and the 10 Family Heads essentially blocking that top floor and them rebelling against it.

I feel like we're going to find out that opening that particular door has some serious downsides. Something bad enough that he's willing to sacrifice everything to prevent it.

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Great chapter.

Love when there's plenty of info about Shinsoo... but this time it was kind of obvious what was told, now figures take the plate on power... a thing that i dislike, yet the technique of absorb/expulse is interesting, so Nen-esque and i like it!

The info of V took the highlight of the chapter, it really give us more depth to the romantic mystery that engulfs Tower of God's drama, glad to see that SIU continues to perform well on that side, it's great to see how his storywriting skills come to deliver small fractions of info. Eduan's looks pretty crazy in a normal appreciation, i think that's why he had a friendship with an opposite like V, and just like that... i tend to think that V got many similarities with Gustang, and maybe a terrible situation both had to face... just guessing ofcourse, but Gustang also becomes more interesting with this.
Gossip is powerful here :lmao

Wangnam and Icarus were mentioned! the latter already is liked by our MC, ja! mah gal is just a heartbreaker. Androssi stopped to transport... and now she's carried xD damn, so funny. Koon' side was also funny to read, an improvement in his relationship could create another set of reactions that would make my read more funny, so i hope for them.

Rak's tension hope it takes the inner way! Hope to see more about the wall foreshadowed before, want to see more about it! No forgetting about Hansung too, he knows too much about such facts! takes you to think if all the training to Baam those years was meant for his promise with Eduan more than his allegiance with FUG, he too dwells in mysterious developments after all.

Next chapter, it comes the Koon show, hope it doesn't drags.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even if Zahard didn't actually kill him I am sure he put V in a situation that lead to his death/suicide. Maybe even something similar to the Hanzou/Pain backstory in Naruto. I should probably reread the floor of death again so I can piece together V's backstory. I am sure there are a lot of details we are missing from the story. I am glad Baam inherited his father's personality and monstrous abilities :D. I really hope the rest of the group will be able to support Baam moving forward. I wonder if we will see Koon getting some training from the spear master during this arc. That would help him with his offensive abilities and I am still interested in that stone panel that looked like Rak's ancestor.

I also found it very interesting that Edan sided with V over Zahard and that tells me he was an incredible person in terms of personality and power. If the top head of the 10 Families chose V I am sure he had a very good reason for it.

HonArie

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even if Zahard didn't actually kill him I am sure he put V in a situation that lead to his death/suicide. Maybe even something similar to the Hanzou/Pain backstory in Naruto. I should probably reread the floor of death again so I can piece together V's backstory. I am sure there are a lot of details we are missing from the story. I am glad Baam inherited his father's personality and monstrous abilities :D. I really hope the rest of the group will be able to support Baam moving forward. I wonder if we will see Koon getting some training from the spear master during this arc. That would help him with his offensive abilities and I am still interested in that stone panel that looked like Rak's ancestor.

I also found it very interesting that Edan sided with V over Zahard and that tells me he was an incredible person in terms of personality and power. If the top head of the 10 Families chose V I am sure he had a very good reason for it.

I feel like you're reading too much into it.
Baam does not seem to have the personality of V, he seems to be more like Arlen. Father's abilities?

Eduan only mentioned V was more suitable to be king. Seemed the reasoning behind it was him being interested in the inhabitants, which in increased over time. Whereas, Zahard and the rest would get less and less. Zahard was more likely suited for leading their expedition, not the tower. Eduan didn't side with V, he only stated one of two aspects V is more efficient than Zahard.
Eduan is not the top head of the 10 families, if you mean by power and influence amongst them. We don't really know how they rank by power aside from Hon being the strongest.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I feel like you're reading too much into it.
Baam does not seem to have the personality of V, he seems to be more like Arlen. Father's abilities?

Eduan only mentioned V was more suitable to be king. Seemed the reasoning behind it was him being interested in the inhabitants, which in increased over time. Whereas, Zahard and the rest would get less and less. Zahard was more likely suited for leading their expedition, not the tower. Eduan didn't side with V, he only stated one of two aspects V is more efficient than Zahard.
Eduan is not the top head of the 10 families, if you mean by power and influence amongst them. We don't really know how they rank by power aside from Hon being the strongest.
I think it's been said before that Eduan was the strongest after Hon but I am not sure. Anyway, the Arie and Koon families have a rivalry going on so it's probably the case.

HonArie

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's been said before that Eduan was the strongest after Hon but I am not sure. Anyway, the Arie and Koon families have a rivalry going on so it's probably the case.
I don't believe that was stated. The only thing to have been mentioned is the Ha, Koon and Arie families rivalry. Which has nothing to do with them personally.

All we know about the family head Eduan in terms of power - he is now the second greatest spear bear in the tower's history after Enryu. I believe Bloom Eurasia is after Hon.

matw123

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I don't believe that was stated. The only thing to have been mentioned is the Ha, Koon and Arie families rivalry. Which has nothing to do with them personally.

All we know about the family head Eduan in terms of power - he is now the second greatest spear bear in the tower's history after Enryu. I believe Bloom Eurasia is after Hon.
In the ranker's ranking Arie Hon is at 5th place, Eduan is 6th and Blossom is 13th.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Comparing the family heads gets pretty difficult because a lot of them have different specialties. The rankings are supposed to give a general idea of who is stronger. But in different situations and different teams it probably changes things a lot.

Arie Hon is a Fisherman(close to mid range fighter) which is what most of the top rankers are. He's the best swordsman in the tower and the strongest fighter among the 10 family heads.

In terms of Spear Bearers(long range fighters) Eduan is the strongest behind Enryu. Supposedly when he pairs up with Hendo Lok Bloodmadder, who is a Defender, they are invincible. So basically if Eduan has a tank protecting him he's monstrous.

Blossom is actually a Wave Controller(support caster essentially). The second strongest behind Baek Ryun who is the guy currently running Wing Tree and Mazino's best friend.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And some more fun facts about Eurasia Blossom. She's famous for being lazy. Has a child's appearance. And the princess that went crazy due to the 10 month series trap Enne Zahard was her and Gustav's love child. Which can only mean one thing...

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Lol, Gustang.

A good chapter. Asension is known as "spear master", I wonder if he will meet Khun outside someday too.

This whole story about V and Zahard feels strange, Eduan says V was more suited to be a king and Zahard had an opposite personanality, but like the clan heads and Zahard changed, what can guarantee that V did not go towards the wrong path too? And How did Hansung know about V and that V had a son that would come? Time is different in this data world, but I wonder if Hansung got this information before he became data, or someone from outside came and told him like Zahard did with his data self.

This new concept about Shinsu quality is interesting. Which sort of Shinsu does Baam have?

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol, Gustang.

A good chapter. Asension is known as "spear master", I wonder if he will meet Khun outside someday too.

This whole story about V and Zahard feels strange, Eduan says V was more suited to be a king and Zahard had an opposite personanality, but like the clan heads and Zahard changed, what can guarantee that V did not go towards the wrong path too? And How did Hansung know about V and that V had a son that would come? Time is different in this data world, but I wonder if Hansung got this information before he became data, or someone from outside came and told him like Zahard did with his data self.

This new concept about Shinsu quality is interesting. Which sort of Shinsu does Baam have?
Take what Eduan said about V, that he would have been a better king than Zahard and add that to when the GoG told Baam that the Great Warriors ruined the Tower.

IMO, V would have ruled the tower closer to what the Guardians intended, if he ruled at all. This is not contradictory with what the ten heads did... they followed Zahard to create his kingdom which was beneficial to them, but it clearly wasn’t the best for the Tower. At the HF data Eduan still is close enough to the ground that he can see this, but perhaps once he climbed the tower he was so high in the sky he couldn’t understand V’s perspective anymore.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Take what Eduan said about V, that he would have been a better king than Zahard and add that to when the GoG told Baam that the Great Warriors ruined the Tower.

IMO, V would have ruled the tower closer to what the Guardians intended, if he ruled at all. This is not contradictory with what the ten heads did... they followed Zahard to create his kingdom which was beneficial to them, but it clearly wasn’t the best for the Tower. At the HF data Eduan still is close enough to the ground that he can see this, but perhaps once he climbed the tower he was so high in the sky he couldn’t understand V’s perspective anymore.
I'm not so sure about that.

I mean, the obvious chain of events would be like this right?

1. Zahard and his comrades reach the 135th floor.
  2. The Guardians offer them all immortality and ruler ship of the tower as long as they stop climbing.
  3. Zahard and the 10 Family heads accept that but Alrene and V reject it.

That would be the most obvious way for this whole thing to go down but there are a number inconsistencies with the things we know.

The source of immortality is a contract with the Guardians. And Arlene was immortal too. Meaning whatever the deal Zahard and the 10 Family heads agreed too. She did too. If she was with V and he wouldn't do it. Why would she do that?

Why were Arlene and V so dead set on continuing the climb? If they just wanted to raise a family that's not the way to do that. I get the desire for freedom and all that but the Tower is not exactly a hellscape. And why is the organization born of his rebellion FUG so evil in everything they do?

Why did Zahard scatter and hide the key to the tower like he did instead of destroying or protecting it himself. It's not like he lacks confidence in his own abilities. So why the deception?

Then there is this data Zahard. Why did he quite suddenly change from chunni adventurer to tyrannical king? Why did he suddenly view his friends as enemies and try to eliminate them. This is a data world. He knows that. What's the point in conquering this place? What does he gain by doing that other than spending an eternity alone?

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

V was the favorite of both Arlen (and some other people), maybe that was why he elicited the fury of Zahard. But again, we don't know the reasons Zahard sealed the entrance to the higher floors neither we know much about V. Eduan says he was more fit to be a king because he liked other people while Zahard only grew in arrogance while climbing. It's strange though, that someone that liked people so much would kill himself with a wife and a kid to take care of (it really feels that there's a part missing on this tale). In this regard, Baam had more tenacity than his father and instead of killing himself, he fought (and joined FUG) just to keep his friends safe.

Gustang could have said V was the worst person he knew because they had constrasting opinions, but it still feels there's more to it.

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, the obvious chain of events would be like this right?
  1. Zahard and his comrades reach the 135th floor.
  2. The Guardians offer them all immortality and ruler ship of the tower as long as they stop climbing.
  3. Zahard and the 10 Family heads accept that but Alrene and V reject it.
I dont think so.... There are a few more problems with this chain of events:
  1. The immortality contract was offered by the 100th floor guardian
  2. Arlene obviously accepted the contract
The contract may have allowed them to continue climbing as long as they did not conquer (maybe enter) the 135th floor. There is little information on the 135th floor so we don't know if it is the last floor or even special. All we know is that for some reason this floor was made the ceiling. We also know anecdotally that the guardians did not like what Zahard and company did to the tower and this may have played into the contract to ensure they did not continue further.

V does not take the contract likely out of hatred for Zahard while Arlene probably took it trying to keep the peace. Recall that she was always brokering peace between them. I think it is obvious that she later regrets this.

When Zahard stops the adventure and proclaims himself king, it is doubtful that Arlene is pregnant. Recall Zahard proposes to her at this time. I bet she actually does not become pregnant until well after V and her lost all hope of winning over the other warriors and continuing the climb. Meaning that Zahard killed her baby because he is the ultimate ass and the worst kind of person.

As for Gustang, I think he liked Arlene as well. He may have sided with Zahard but I think he hoped that things could have been reconciled. Gustang liked thinking of himself as the whale and probably did not understand V's affinity with the tower inhabitants. Then V does the worse thing ever and abandons Arlene. Arlene who has now lost it all and struggling mentally. This is where Gustang steps in and provides her with the information on how to leave the tower and cements his opinion of V as the worst kind of person. One who abandons someone who he supposedly loves in her absolute hour of need.

Ha ha...IMO

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am thinking that perhaps V rejected immortality because he didn't deem it necessary perhaps. The big question here is, why did the 13 climb the tower at all? Coming from the vast outside to a tiny tower is a bad gamble for people that kinda seem to have been a huge deal outside. Many of them probably even had powers resembling those they have inside the tower on the outside. Obviously not shinsoo based of course but the yeon fire seems to precede the head's arriving to the tower for instance.

Anyways, what I am thinking here is that V found no reason to get immortality because the group's endgame wasn't to rule the tower. As eduan said, most of the heads cared less and less about people within the tower as they climbed. Meanwhile V cared about them. So... why bother to rule over tower folks if they care so little about them? I would argue that the context here is that zahard and co ended up wanting to rule the tower out of selfish reasons. They simply wanted power and to live forever. Meanwhile V actually cared about the well being of people within the tower. He would have probably aimed to be king but since his objective wasn't just a power grab but rather the well being of people within the tower he didn't see the need to get immortality and rule forever. He probably would have become king, do his best to make people within the tower better and then simply die naturally when his time came.

And this perhaps explains why gustang does not like v all that much. Gustang wasn't necessarily happy with zahard but he seems to be the kind that would severely object to being considered in the same category as tower residents. So perhaps he thought little of V because he might have held tower residents in even higher regard than his own companions.

I just thought of something.... Isn't it weird that the 10 heads got immortality contracts as they climbed the tower rather than at the end? How do those contracts work in regards to tests? It sounds kinda dumb that a bunch of immortals would take administrator tests. The risk would be non existent to them. The only way this works is that their immortality did not apply to tests.....
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Gotta say, now I am interested in yura. On one hand she is related to someone whose family has a curse that makes them have a high risk of stillborns... And on the other the ha family. That apparently wants very much to kill her. Clearly both sides of her family are big deals, random unknowns do not get cursed for no reason.

So... why even go through the trouble of wanting to kill her? What rule did her mother break by breeding with this random blue guy?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont think so.... There are a few more problems with this chain of events:
  1. The immortality contract was offered by the 100th floor guardian
  2. Arlene obviously accepted the contract
The contract may have allowed them to continue climbing as long as they did not conquer (maybe enter) the 135th floor. There is little information on the 135th floor so we don't know if it is the last floor or even special. All we know is that for some reason this floor was made the ceiling. We also know anecdotally that the guardians did not like what Zahard and company did to the tower and this may have played into the contract to ensure they did not continue further.

V does not take the contract likely out of hatred for Zahard while Arlene probably took it trying to keep the peace. Recall that she was always brokering peace between them. I think it is obvious that she later regrets this.

When Zahard stops the adventure and proclaims himself king, it is doubtful that Arlene is pregnant. Recall Zahard proposes to her at this time. I bet she actually does not become pregnant until well after V and her lost all hope of winning over the other warriors and continuing the climb. Meaning that Zahard killed her baby because he is the ultimate ass and the worst kind of person.

As for Gustang, I think he liked Arlene as well. He may have sided with Zahard but I think he hoped that things could have been reconciled. Gustang liked thinking of himself as the whale and probably did not understand V's affinity with the tower inhabitants. Then V does the worse thing ever and abandons Arlene. Arlene who has now lost it all and struggling mentally. This is where Gustang steps in and provides her with the information on how to leave the tower and cements his opinion of V as the worst kind of person. One who abandons someone who he supposedly loves in her absolute hour of need.

Ha ha...IMO
That answers some of the problems but not all of them. Right now I think there are some fundamental issues with the idea that.

V = Good
Zahard = Bad

I'm not saying Zahard isn't a terrible person. But the more we learn the less it seems like the situation was as simple as Zahard and the 10 Families getting drunk on power and V trying to play the white knight.

We've seen in the Tower that opposing something bad doesn't necessarily make something good. FUG have so far been worse than the Zahard Empire right? At least in terms of what we've seen them do.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like Zahard sealed the key to climb higher because he didn't want to be challenged for title of King. Zahard seems like a schemer so it would make sense to seal away the key in a very elaborate way. Maybe he heard rumors about guardians on other floors having the power to undo immortality pacts on lower floors, who knows. Zahard seems like he wouldn't want to be challenged after going through all that to become the king.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
There was an interesting comment in the Lines comment section. V can mean 5, Baams name is 25 ie 5^2. The second coming of V anyone?

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
That answers some of the problems but not all of them. Right now I think there are some fundamental issues with the idea that.

V = Good
Zahard = Bad

I'm not saying Zahard isn't a terrible person. But the more we learn the less it seems like the situation was as simple as Zahard and the 10 Families getting drunk on power and V trying to play the white knight.

We've seen in the Tower that opposing something bad doesn't necessarily make something good. FUG have so far been worse than the Zahard Empire right? At least in terms of what we've seen them do.
Honestly, I think you or another frequent poster on here was right when they said that FUG could end up being the good guys. It seems like SIU is trending that way and setting up the narrative that Zahard's empire and the 10 Families are worse. We haven't seen much of them but a lot of characters we have run into have had reasons to hate the 10 Families. Not all of them are warranted but it doesn't sound like their regime is good. I am sure this comes back to the path Baam has to walk and hwa ryun's comment about it being a new path.

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I dont think FUG will end up being the good guys, their motive of ousting Zahard might be seen to be the better choice as we go through the story but i cant see them becoming the good guys. Baam will defeat Zahard with Koon and co ie with hsi own grp, FUG and others might aid him in the process and might join his cause given he formed a new club which doesnt have the baggage of being the worst kind of terrorist in the tower .