Discussion - Mother of Chaos | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mother of Chaos

SinofWraith

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyoneelse think she may be on DK or SD level ? Also i just noticed she was first mentioned in chapter 234 .So Merlin's familiar and the other races outside of the 5 clans come from her

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Very unlikely. The shear fact that the most powerful creation of her's can't even stand up to a albion speaks for how low compared to the DK and SD the MoC is. She'll probably be above the Fairy King and Giant king. But on par with the DK&SD is absurd.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If theres a Mother, there could be a father..

Also, she could a "Quantity over Quality".

Considering the Vampires sided with the demons early in the war and then defected, I don´t think MC has a agenda, she probally is a mindless energy thingy

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Very unlikely. The shear fact that the most powerful creation of her's can't even stand up to a albion speaks for how low compared to the DK and SD the MoC is. She'll probably be above the Fairy King and Giant king. But on par with the DK&SD is absurd.
Who says the Vampire clan are her strongest? There's a Dragon God out there and judging by it's title should be stronger than the vampires.

Napstablook

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Who is to say the 5 clans did not come from her?

From how i understand Nakaba's answer to the question, he meant that all life came from this mother of chaos, inclusive of the 5 main clans.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who is to say the 5 clans did not come from her?

From how i understand Nakaba's answer to the question, he meant that all life came from this mother of chaos, inclusive of the 5 main clans.
he in no way said such. He said that aside from the five clans there are monsters which all come from the mother of chaos.

titantron91

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I think the Mother of Chaos is more of a primordial entity instead of a god-like entity like the Supreme Deity and the Demon King.

Primordial entities are not necessarily godly but they are ancient and must have quite the durability, longevity, and stamina. In short, they're really hard to kill and probably has ancient magic that no one knows about.

Plus, they are, at times, essential and fundamental components of a dimension/reality/universe. Killing them would have bad repercussions for everyone.

Last edited:

PeanutButterJelly

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Considering series was inspired by the Bible and other holy books, it could be that the Mother of Chaos was inspired by Lilith? Maybe Vampires and Trolls were her creations?

Could she have been the DK and the SD ? Like, nephilim? Idk
Just hope we got more info on her.

Mythoclast

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Who says the Vampire clan are her strongest? There's a Dragon God out there and judging by it's title should be stronger than the vampires.
Where is this stated?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So far the strongest mother of chaos related being we have seen is izraff and he is a bit of a letdown overall. At 4.8 PL he is not even outside what humanity can achieve. At the very least humanity's kings of old should be able to easily handle him. Realistically speaking for the mother of chaos to be all that the races under her would have to compare to the demon clan or goddess clan strength wise. Heck, the demon king's miasma creates high level demons out of run of the mill snakes.. I guess there is the dragon god out there but him being worshipped by zarpa, a powerless barbarian, is not much of an indication of anything. From a barbarian's perspective a red demon would seem pretty godlike also. Early in the manga tyrant dragons were feared by holy knights however when hawk eats one he gets about 600 pl and when he eats a red demon he gets about 1k pl. Then again, the most important thing to consider here is that we don't know anything about other mother of chaos creations. The dragon god could be as weak as a green demon or as strong as a commandment given the information we have..... The mother of chaos is probably reasonably powerful but her power could reasonably be anywhere between a high level demon and the demon king which as we know is a fairly large range. Nakaba does seem to be building up to something with her, if she is meant to be an enemy at some point odds are that will be something the current cast would be able to deal with. That would make her comparable to the sins nowadays, and that is assuming nakaba wants her to be dealt with by the sins and not, say, gilthunder.

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
My money is on that being Meliodas.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Since Meliodas knows everybody I’m assuming he definitely knows the Mother of Chaos. Who knows maybe Meliodas was smashing her first :cheez:3c

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I remember reading somewhere about MOC last year. It was Undina saying:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...33-discussion-234-predictions.3008859/page-23

You should check the mythology around the Hundun entity, starting from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundun

Hundun
(Chinese: 混沌; pinyin: Hùndùn; Wade–Giles: Hun-tun; literally: "muddled confusion") is both a "legendary faceless being" in Chinese mythology and the "primordial and central chaos" in Chinese cosmogony, comparable with the World egg...:nerd

I'd ran into it(not the actual being, the concept:p) years ago when I was reading on Religious History, but I tend to forget info I don't normally use, especially if associated with anything...too... scary<_>.

So I'd imagine, in NnT,
- If it's pertaining to the dimension the action takes place in, it might be a "god" of the same standing or higher than the SD and DK, someone like a demiurge.
-If these "dark" beings all come from the Demon Realm, it might be a predecessor to the DK and Izraf( I'm not sure, but did they mention the Vampires' home dimension? I haven't managed to locate yet a translated fanbook card for any of the VC members)
-Or it could be someone preceding all these god-like beings and someone answering all these questions and theories on DC and GC having been one people at some point.
Anyway, @Notice me Escanor senpai brought something very interesting to the table and now I'm kinda hoping Arthur was actually asking Orlondi for more info on this MoC, not Merlin, though it's likely about Merlin and, ideally, info on one could lead to info on the other:true
I know, I'm asking for too much:slowly
From this page on the discussion is mostly about her in this topic.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
http://thewayofshawn.blogspot.com.br/2012/01/mother-of-chaos.html
--- Double Post Merged, ---
If we translate the origin of the name Mother of Chaos them, she is the same as Hundun (chaos, confusion, etc) Mother, in other words, Merlin's most loved animal like we could see in the databook lol.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
My money is on that being Meliodas.
Since Meliodas knows everybody I’m assuming he definitely knows the Mother of Chaos. Who knows maybe Meliodas was smashing her first :cheez:3c
Small problem with that Meliodas is a demon not a dragon.

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Small problem with that Meliodas is a demon not a dragon.
Demons can transform and Matrona husband is from the Savage Tribe aka the same as second Elizabeth. My money on Elizabeth died and the DRAGON sin Meliodas in rage/grief transform into something and the Savage Tribe saw the transformation and started worshipping it aka Dragon God.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Demons can transform and Matrona husband is from the Savage Tribe aka the same as second Elizabeth. My money on Elizabeth died and the DRAGON sin Meliodas in rage/grief transform into something and the Savage Tribe saw the transformation and started worshipping it aka Dragon God.
Hmm you have a point I guess. But I doubt Meliodas would transform into a Indura over Elizabeth death though.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I remember reading somewhere that the Demon King supposedly respected or feared the Mother of Chaos?

Might be from a user just speculating, but is this ever mentioned anywhere?

As for my interpretations, I'd believe that she might be God level, considering the ability to create life seems pretty omnipotent.