The Last Person To Post Wins - Inanna | Page 71 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Last Person To Post Wins - Inanna

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Damn. Which city? And do they know why they did it? Seems religious reasons if they bombed churches..
Surabaya. Jihad as usual, I guess. Wrong place :fail

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
It is 8'D but I think I never cooked it, neither anyone here.

Yep, it's my sis' favorite game from those old school ones. It's a long game, so I was lazy to level up at some parts :P but the story is incredible. I'd play that agan when I have time.
Yeah ^^ I think Moria Gallery alone is what makes it long, tho xD
So you gon come on here and tell me you ain't crazy?
I'm not. Ask around.
You sound like me with these bad excuses for negative behavior score :nah
O.O I lived enough to see Gry talking about his negative behavior!!!
My city was bombed this morning. 3 churches bombed, 10 dead. The culprit is a family apparently. Parents and their 2 sons and 2 daughters.
._. I'm sry to hear about that. Thought your place was kinda safe from those... but I guess we get lunatics anywhere :/ 3 churches, wow... Could have been a way bigger tragedy, I'm glad you're safe :/

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah ^^ I think Moria Gallery alone is what makes it long, tho xD
And saving the world in past, present and future XD Dhaos is one of my favorite villains from games, that ending :emocat

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Oh look, it's almost time to start spamming. <_>

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Nooo, I'd rather we start spamming now, then everyone stops at 1490 and only 1-2 people are left to end it :nod

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yay! Starting with cute gifs!

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Btw, @Farfalla , I've watched epi 9 of Violet Evergarden, that's how watching this anime feels like:emocat:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's complicated :grumble

The best gameplay, and thus the best Fire Emblem game, is Fates: Conquest. Not on normal difficulty(which is too easy), or even on hard, but playing it on Lunatic. The word lunatic sounds like a crazy unfair challenge, but it is very fair(for the most part). No other FE game has even remotely as good a difficulty curve. The maps are also very well thought out, as are the enemy stats, placements, weapons and skills. It is the pinnacle of a great FE experience.

While the gameplay is similar in all 15 games, most games are unique in several gaemplay elements added to it, so being a veteran in some games isn't much of an advantage when playing a new game, so you don't need to play some of the beginner friendly FE games like 7 or 8. That experience only helps you grasp the gameplay of other FE games faster since it's the same at the core.

You should either start with 7, 8, 13 or 14. 7 and 8 are GBA games, they are fun and good games, but personally 7 was too easy, 8 was simple enough even on the hardest difficulty, but better than playing 7.
13 and 14 are 3DS games. I started with 13(awakening), played it on Hard(Lunatic there is pretty unfair and you just have to cheese it with some broken unfun tomes and characters, an example of a very bad difficulty setting). Hard isn't difficult but no walk in the park either, found it ideal back when I started. The characters are nice and you'll end up caring about a lot of them as you play. But it's the first game with the pairup mechanic, which in retrospect was a bad mechanic. In the next game, 14(Fates) they improved the pairup mechanic and it's a lot better.

Hm I wrote a lot even though I held back as much as possible. :grumble The mobile game doesn't even compare to the actual games, a very watered down version. So maybe you're not even sure yet if you'd like playing the games.
So since the 3DS games you'd have to buy, I'd recommend you emulate either FE7 or FE8 and try playing either of the two a little, see if you like it. FE7 has no difficulty settings(only after you beat the game once or twice), it could be a bit too easy for you, but considering it's your first FE game it could be just right. FE8 has difficulties, if you decide to try that one just try playing it on the hardest setting. The difference between the difficulties is actually really small, and even the hardest one is still one of the easiest games in the series.

If you end up liking 7 or 8(whichever you want to try) or even play through it fully, then I'd recommend playing Fates. Starting with Birthright Lunatic, reducing the difficulty if it gets too hard. But Birthright is in general much easier than Conquest, much easier. Birthright Hard is easier than Conquest Normal, and Birthright Lunatic is somewhere between Conquest Normal and Conquest Hard. When I played Fates I first went Birthright to make myself familiar with the new game's mechanics and how to play it, so that I could use that knowledge when playing Conquest afterwards. And trust me, you don't wanna play Conquest without being very familiar with the mechanics :XD

Oh and, unlike in Heroes, in all FE games if you let someone's HP go to 0 they are dead forever, so you will have to restart the chapter every time you lose a person to play better and make sure nobody dies this time. At least that's what pretty much everyone does, restart the chapter to not lose your units. 13 and 14 have the option of playing "Casual mode", where units don't die like that. I'd avoid playing on Casual and put it on Classic instead.

Hope this explains it somewhat, if not then you can give me more questions.
Wow man, this is a lot of info

Thanks, then I should try FE8 first since I already have a GBA emu in my laptop, then give Fates: Birthright a try. :nod

Haven't played the game, but surely, if you are going to restart anyway, each time a character dies, then what's the point of ever playing on classic?
Casual just saves you the effort of a restart

The only game I can remember ever restarting when a character died was the original Cannon Fodder (Ain't no way I'm gonna lose anyone from my dream team - Jools, Jops, Stoo and RJ for ever)
Ikr? :XD It would take a lot of strain off your mind when playing, but I've got to agree with Gry in this one too.

When I was little I played a game called Dark Cloud for the PS2 and it was the typical RPG with active action, with the pecularity what you level up would be the weapons instead of the characters. Of course those weapons could break and you had to repair them before their "HP" reaches 0 or else its gone forever.
Many people complained about this but it was that tension and sense of awareness what made you truly focus in the game. If you fought an armored/sturdy enemy you would have to be extra-careful and plan your attacks or else you could lose your Chronicle sword +7 with maxed out stats that you developed since it was a small dagger after dozens of hours grinding monsters in dungeons through the whole game!! :arf Yeah, personal experience ._.

Years later I discovered there was an special item that repaired your weapons automatically during combat, taking that handicap out completely. I tried it once and decided to never use it, since it reduced a lot the concern you had for your equipment and made the combat way too easy and carefree.

I guess the permanent deaths in FE works in a similar way.
I'd like to help, but I've only played Fire Emblem for mobile, ceratinly Gry and Farfy can give more details about other games :XD I only played old school RPGs so far, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasy.
Oh, I thought you were into it aswell since you knew about all those characters :XD
Never played Chrono Trigger though, from Nintendo I was just a Zelda fan.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Likely won’t even be here. Unless I win it from bed on my phone by chance.
Please, whoever wins... Jörmungandr. Jormungand. Whatever you wish to call it. It’s the right choice.

Reactions: z.5

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Wow man, this is a lot of info

Thanks, then I should try FE8 first since I already have a GBA emu in my laptop, then give Fates: Birthright a try. :nod

Ikr? :XD It would take a lot of strain off your mind when playing, but I've got to agree with Gry in this one too.

When I was little I played a game called Dark Cloud for the PS2 and it was the typical RPG with active action, with the pecularity what you level up would be the weapons instead of the characters. Of course those weapons could break and you had to repair them before their "HP" reaches 0 or else its gone forever.
Many people complained about this but it was that tension and sense of awareness what made you truly focus in the game. If you fought an armored/sturdy enemy you would have to be extra-careful and plan your attacks or else you could lose your Chronicle sword +7 with maxed out stats that you developed since it was a small dagger after dozens of hours grinding monsters in dungeons through the whole game!! :arf Yeah, personal experience ._.

Years later I discovered there was an special item that repaired your weapons automatically during combat, taking that handicap out completely. I tried it once and decided to never use it, since it reduced a lot the concern you had for your equipment and made the combat way too easy and carefree.

I guess the permanent deaths in FE works in a similar way.
Lambino :clingy FE8 is very nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. There's a suspend option for when you want to stop mid-chapter, but can only be loaded once. There's also savestates but.. yeah, don't get too used to those. Maybe you can allow yourself 1 savestate per chapter or something, since it is your first FE game, maybe helps you avoid some starting frustrations until you have a hang of the basics.
Some things like the support mechanic aren't really explained in the game I think, so you can look how those work while you're playing. The effects of the supports aren't too important in the GBA games, but the units that can support each other get to talk with each other which makes you know and like them more. You'll likely unlock several ones with just playing, not knowing how they are made.
It's not too difficult and will teach you some fundamentals :nod Let me know if you like it and other thoughts when you get to playing. And it's not too long of a game either.

Yes what you said sounds exactly like the point of permadeath in FE. Playing on classic has you a lot more attached to your units, you care for them and it makes you think twice about whether you attempt to risk that 50% hit chance. The key is planning ahead for a lot of situations, and even if rng screws you over a little to be able to adapt and save the situation. Has you think and play more strategically and carefully. Your strats should not try to rely on hit rates/avoid too much. Placement is the most important, and in some chapters speed is too.

Kinda reminds me of KnB now, of Hyuga's training to destroy his figurines whenever he misses a shot to always be under pressure so he gets used to it :derp :hyuga

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
And saving the world in past, present and future XD Dhaos is one of my favorite villains from games, that ending :emocat
Yeah, the character and his story is memorable for sure :emocat that ending was mindblowing.
Btw, @Farfalla , I've watched epi 9 of Violet Evergarden, that's how watching this anime feels like:emocat:

XDDD Yeah! I think that was the single episode that made me cry. I was fine during it, seeing how things proggressed and all was sad ._. but the end.... .____.