Question - Is Hiro Mashima aware of the hate he and Fairy Tail gets in the west? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Is Hiro Mashima aware of the hate he and Fairy Tail gets in the west?

natsu x777

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Well, Hiro Mashima I dare to say that it is the manga with the most followers on Twitter, you have already reached 2 million in 6 years.

His new manga was published in 6 different languages (from the West are English, French and Portuguese)

Fairy Tail is the third best selling manga in the history of the weekly Shounen magazine with 64 million copies sold worldwide without counting spin off and digital sales

They come 3 spin off and the completion of their anime, which is long-lasting and will adapt what is left of the manga and perhaps its sequence.

It is with SnK and at the time Vagabond the best-selling series of Kodansha (before the NnT boom)

On the internet is the majority of pages to read manga illegally commanded the tops with One Piece, Naruto and Bleach as many readers.

I think that to think that an account with these data is easier to use than the previous one, but when most of those who criticize do not consume the product, when we talk about hate is normal, not everyone can like it, but despite all its faults, Fairy Tail did not cease to be one of the most commented sections in this forum.

Hiro is very aware of what his fans want at that moment, but he can not please everyone and the Japanese have priority.

With the data I added and did not look anymore when Hiro went to the comic with New York with all the support he had, just say that FT is one of the most hated, I think it was wrong, he only had the same criticism as Bleach and maybe Naruto because they did not meet the expectations that such a popular manga should have for those fans when they came to their story for which they were attracted

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, Hiro Mashima I dare to say that it is the manga with the most followers on Twitter, you have already reached 2 million in 6 years.

His new manga was published in 6 different languages (from the West are English, French and Portuguese)

Fairy Tail is the third best selling manga in the history of the weekly Shounen magazine with 64 million copies sold worldwide without counting spin off and digital sales

They come 3 spin off and the completion of their anime, which is long-lasting and will adapt what is left of the manga and perhaps its sequence.

It is with SnK and at the time Vagabond the best-selling series of Kodansha (before the NnT boom)

On the internet is the majority of pages to read manga illegally commanded the tops with One Piece, Naruto and Bleach as many readers.

I think that to think that an account with these data is easier to use than the previous one, but when most of those who criticize do not consume the product, when we talk about hate is normal, not everyone can like it, but despite all its faults, Fairy Tail did not cease to be one of the most commented sections in this forum.

Hiro is very aware of what his fans want at that moment, but he can not please everyone and the Japanese have priority.

With the data I added and did not look anymore when Hiro went to the comic with New York with all the support he had, just say that FT is one of the most hated, I think it was wrong, he only had the same criticism as Bleach and maybe Naruto because they did not meet the expectations that such a popular manga should have for those fans when they came to their story for which they were attracted
Biggest issue hear is that few reviewers actually have munch real good to say about it. Most moderate fans see it as a gulty pleasure (myself included) and it's sales as the third best selling WSM has more to do with being the first major series in the magazine to turly make it big in the west. And that was as the Bleach craze had died and naruto was slowing down, it filled a niche. It's popularity is if anything in spite of it's quality rather then because of. (also helps that the series got two big booms in popularity and attention around two arcs. The tenrou and tartaros arcs, both of which of considered the best in the series.)

natsu x777

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
[QUOTE = "Gut's is the man, post: 4833374, member: 197875"] Lo más importante es que pocos críticos realmente se han dado cuenta de lo que dicen. La mayoría de los fanáticos moderados lo ven como un gran placer (incluyéndome a mí) y sus ventas ya que el tercer WSM más vendido tiene más que ver con ser la primera serie importante de la revista en hacer grandes triunfos en el oeste. Y eso fue cuando la locura Bleach había muerto y Naruto se estaba desacelerando, llenó un nicho. Su popularidad es, en todo caso, a pesar de su calidad en lugar de por eso. (También ayuda a que la serie tenga dos grandes auges en popularidad y atención en torno a dos arcos. Los arcos tenrou y tartaros, ambos de los cuales se consideran los mejores de la serie). [/ QUOTE]

That's true, it came at the time it was and became popular, people see what people criticize and suddenly they end up liking it, it's simple attraction, and Hiro puts his sleeves all you want to see (Fights, romance, jokes, suspense) whether it does it right or wrong or satisfies us it is a matter of each

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
[QUOTE = "Gut's is the man, post: 4833374, member: 197875"] Lo más importante es que pocos críticos realmente se han dado cuenta de lo que dicen. La mayoría de los fanáticos moderados lo ven como un gran placer (incluyéndome a mí) y sus ventas ya que el tercer WSM más vendido tiene más que ver con ser la primera serie importante de la revista en hacer grandes triunfos en el oeste. Y eso fue cuando la locura Bleach había muerto y Naruto se estaba desacelerando, llenó un nicho. Su popularidad es, en todo caso, a pesar de su calidad en lugar de por eso. (También ayuda a que la serie tenga dos grandes auges en popularidad y atención en torno a dos arcos. Los arcos tenrou y tartaros, ambos de los cuales se consideran los mejores de la serie). [/ QUOTE]

That's true, it came at the time it was and became popular, people see what people criticize and suddenly they end up liking it, it's simple attraction, and Hiro puts his sleeves all you want to see (Fights, romance, jokes, suspense) whether it does it right or wrong or satisfies us it is a matter of each
Except he avoided romance for the most part.

natsu x777

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
[QUOTE = "Gut's is the man, post: 4834211, member: 197875"] Excepto que evitó romance en su mayor parte. [/ QUOTE]
although in Rave I feel that I handle it very well, since it was not only with the protagonists

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
[QUOTE = "Gut's is the man, post: 4834211, member: 197875"] Excepto que evitó romance en su mayor parte. [/ QUOTE]
although in Rave I feel that I handle it very well, since it was not only with the protagonists
I thought we were talking about FT.

Gabo

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Do not confuse criticism with Hate.

If FT were hated in the West they would never have taken the Spin off or the omnibus versions of the Manga.

A year from its end is one of the most commented sleeves and it is obvious that of the most beloved, since it is seen that its influence is greater than what is believed.

But hey, simply this topic is an indication that FT is so important that you take your time to participate here.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well when a series got the amount of haters and trolls that Fairy Tail got it will really hurt the series popularity and that means that the sales will greatly decrease and the creators wont be able to laugh there way to the bank anymore.
This is one of the reasons why i think the Fairy Tail and Hiro Mashima hate is only a western thing because the reason why they make so much Fairy Tail stuff and other Hiro Mashima things is probably because it earns plenty of money in Japan and that means Fairy Tail and Mashima must still be very popular and respected over there.
Its also mostly the Japanese that earn the anime and manga industry its money so thats the audience they mostly listen to and care about and that Edens Zero is still continuing the friendship and fanservice stuff that people in the west complain about so much must mean that the Japanese really likes those things and dont want him to stop doing it.
Not everyone cares what trolls think about them. Trolls feed off of negativity and not everyone wants negativity in their life so they combat it with something positive like just laugh it off or ignore it. :) Life is too short to care what others think by reading toxic posts. Mashima seems like the type to just create his story without fear, which is as manga creators should feel.

Laboon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Fairy Tail is the sixth best-selling manga in the West ... :facepalm youre so wrong boy :confused:

natsu x777

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Fairy Tail is the sixth best-selling manga in the West ... :facepalm youre so wrong boy :confused:
That I did not know, what are the first 5? Do you have the data on how much they sold these series?

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
The transformer films are the fifth highest grossing movie franchise ever. (the live action ones) point reputed.

Laboon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That I did not know, what are the first 5? Do you have the data on how much they sold these series?
Sales outside of Japan.
- Naruto: 95 000 000 (72 + 1 = 73 volumes).
- Dragon Ball: 90 000 000 (42 volumes).
- One Piece: 75 000 000 (88 volumes).
- Slam Dunk: 48 640 000 (31 volumes).
- Bleach: 30 000 000 (47 volumes).
- Fairy Tail: 19 130 000 (60 volumes).

The transformer films are the fifth highest grossing movie franchise ever. (the live action ones) point reputed.
Are you comparing a movie franchise with a manga franchise that has 60 Volumes? :cookiearf
your mind :wooo

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sales outside of Japan.
- Naruto: 95 000 000 (72 + 1 = 73 volumes).
- Dragon Ball: 90 000 000 (42 volumes).
- One Piece: 75 000 000 (88 volumes).
- Slam Dunk: 48 640 000 (31 volumes).
- Bleach: 30 000 000 (47 volumes).
- Fairy Tail: 19 130 000 (60 volumes).

Are you comparing a movie franchise with a manga franchise that has 60 Volumes? :cookiearf
your mind :wooo
No, just saying that sales don't showcase quality.

Laboon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
No, just saying that sales don't showcase quality.
Look your URL bruh:
is-hiro-mashima-aware-of-the-hate-he-and-fairy-tail-gets-in-the-west
isnt about quality, its about popularity :wooo

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Look your URL bruh:
is-hiro-mashima-aware-of-the-hate-he-and-fairy-tail-gets-in-the-west
isnt about quality, its about popularity :wooo
So you can sell a million books in a country and not discover you are the butt of a joke and loathed. (Twilight, fifty shades of grey, naruto in it's later arcs, bleach after soul society, Sword Art Online, etc)

maredaer

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kuwait
who cares i enjoyed the manga and all of us so who cares about the sales or the hate numbers is numbers if you love something love it ans support it thats all fir me i have all the volumes and the spinoffs to idc anyone say and i enjoyed every sc of it

Axelkam

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Riverrun
No, cuz the fans are more than the non fans/haters i guess but i'm sure he knows he can't please everyone.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Doesn't translate to quality.

Personally, I believe the manga is deserving of some of the hate and criticism it gets since Mashima has really screwed up on parts of the manga, but some people go too far.

CyberLance

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I personally think that Fairy Tail is a quality series.
Its not perfect no and there are some stuff i wish could have been done differently but for the most part i think the series is great and in my opinion it does not deserve the huge hate it gets.
I agree with some of the criticism maybe but people are really exaggerating things because its so popular to hate on this series.
I think that many people like and enjoy Fairy Tail more than most of the other series even if many people dont want to admit it because liking Fairy Tail is so taboo in the anime and manga community or else it would not get so good sales and so much attention.
I think many people that actually like Fairy Tail pretend to dislike it so they wont be insulted for it.

Fairy Tail does many important things better than most of the other series that most people never really mention when they talk about "quality" like lovable characters that you enjoy spending time with, a nice enjoyable atmosphere, a fun and enjoyable world and funny comedy for example.
And when people talk about storys in these series they usually only seem to care about how complex it is but its also important that it feels fun and enjoyable and to me the story in Fairy Tail is maybe not as complex as in other mangas but it feels way more fun to follow.

The story in the Dragon Ball animes is very simple but i suspect that many people enjoy that story more than the more complex storys in other series.

Last edited:

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Real question, even if he is, why would he care? Honestly allot of the criticism I hear for FT relates directly to style choices more often than execution. Like the dislike of friendship speeches, but everybody was energized when Goku told Loren not to mess with his friends. Another perfect example being the Zeref fight. Would I have preferred more flashy spells, hell yes. Yet the critique of the one-shot victory, lgnores that Zeref and Natsu were fighting in the background of at least 8 chapters. It downplays Natsu attempts to win beforehand, like when he erased him. It's a work of fiction, and open to critiques, but it was overall a good story, despite what minor things you or I might want to change.