Shounen - Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Yakusoku no Neverland by Kaiu Shirai and Posuka Demizu

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
so it needs at least 10 years to finish?
I guess it's less than that if we're to assume TPN doesn't have any hiatuses.

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
so it needs at least 10 years to finish?
Every year we got less than 50 chapters of YnN. Around 8 chapters are in every volume. We're at volume 10 right now. I'll leave the math to you ;)

I think it's a good decision, with too long works quality has a tendency to drop and I don't think it's a kind of story, that can be continued forever.

deyna

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I guess it's less than that if we're to assume TPN doesn't have any hiatuses.
yup. considering there aren't any breaks because of hiatuses except for japan's national holidays
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Every year we got less than 50 chapters of YnN. Around 8 chapters are in every volume. We're at volume 10 right now. I'll leave the math to you ;)

I think it's a good decision, with too long works quality has a tendency to drop and I don't think it's a kind of story, that can be continued forever.
right. keeping it too long for 20 years makes people get bored of the manga. people will only want to read last chapters when it's about to end.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
[mod=Belserion]Hi Everyone.

Would anyone be interested in writing reviews for the Yakusoku no Neverland chapters similar to the Fairy Tail ones. If so, let me know and I can make a thread for it.

Thanks![/mod]

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Love that cover :wtf

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Really unexpected, I tought this was going to be a long-running shonen. But maybe is better this way.
Still, there are a lot of things that need to be answered, so the last arc should be a little longer :grumble.

Last edited:

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Really unexpected, I tought this was going to be a long-running shonen. But maybe is better this way.
Still, there are a lot of things that need to be answered, so the last arc should be a little longer :grumble.
it'll probably end around volumes 20-30, so it should be good for the last arc.

I am pretty sad that it's going to be over soon, but like Arjuna said, hope that it ends on a high note.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well it wouldn't be the first last arc that lasted 10+ volumes lol, so I guess the author's estimate of 20-30 volumes is still feasible. Still find it somewhat weird, so I'm not sure if maybe he just means "part" instead of "arc", basically meaning that it's at the latter half of the series. We will see, but I don't doubt that there still are 2 more years of Neverland ahead of us.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
well actually from the very start it was expected not to be a long running manga, its a death note/monster lenght like (and actually im glad, bc those kind of stories dont fit long running format, death note was 12 volumes, monster was 18) so it definitely makes sense at least to me. That said, last arc might be very long, can possibly be over 100 chaps.
Also a couple of months ago (in February) authors said they have reached half of the story (they used the word turnaround point) : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/da...land-has-reached-its-turnaround-point/.127412

I think the story was never designed to be a long one, the author said according to this itw he didnt want the story to be dragged too long and he thinks it should reach about 20 volumes, 30 at most (50 chapters = 1 year publication, 20 volumes is 4 years serialization which is not that short, 30 volumes is already 6 years).

"Votre script de base faisait 300 pages. Jusqu’où aviez-vous imaginé l’histoire de The Promised Neverland ?

K. S. : Le manuscrit de base allait jusqu’à ce que les enfants s’évadent de l’orphelinat. Dans l’idéal, j’aimerais, en accord avec mon éditeur, que l’histoire ne se prolonge pas trop. Idéalement, je prévois une vingtaine, voire une trentaine de tomes [dix ont déjà été publiés au Japon]."

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
I share the same opinon as you, Erin-chan. Of course I find it unfortunate that this manga will come to its end soon (well soon... perhaps in a year or two, so I think that might be enough to answer (hopefully) all the questions) however, at the same time I am glad. Mangas with these typs of stories (mystery and horror most of the time) shouldn't be long running mangas with over 300+ chapters. The reason behind that is mostly because if it drags out too long, it will loses it touch, its view of the story itself what it was made for, adding perhaps unnecessary mysteries or goals that shouldn't be there in the first place or better said; it might lose its whole purpose and most imporantly, people will become uninterested in it also. Mostly these mangas have particularly one main goal and for that they only have to answer the why//when/how events and what they can do to find a solution or answer, kind of depends what the story is about of course. It kind of reminds me of Pandora hearts that has the same kind of genre (mystery and dark fantasy) for example. That manga only had 105 chapters (but then again it was a monthly manga), however that one ended on a high note imo. There was also a manga with a similar genre (forgot its name) that was dragged out too long and because of that most people lost its interested including myself, because of unnecessary building ups etc..

So yeah, I am quite glad with this announcement and hopefully it will end on a high note.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India