Discussion - Who are your favourite characters? | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who are your favourite characters?

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Escanor
Diane
Elizabeth
Meliodas
Gowther(before he got his emotions back)
Dreyfus

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh and i forgot Ludociel, love that guy/girl.
Diane? Really?
Yep and my list is in order of best to worst too, so i like her better than everyone below her on that list. If you're asking why, its because i just love her development as a character, so deep, so amazing, good stuff.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh and i forgot Ludociel, love that guy/girl.

Yep and my list is in order of best to worst too, so i like her better than everyone below her on that list. If you're asking why, its because i just love her development as a character, so deep, so amazing, good stuff.
You have provided two fantastic laugh this night.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You have provided two fantastic laugh this night.
Ha, was sort of punking you this time since Diane gets a ton of shit for being underdeveloped, but i am also somewhat serious now that i think about it. Diane is genuinely a great character, better than Meliodas, and better than Elizabeth.

Putting aside her general perky and enjoyable personality that i do like a lot, my main reason for liking her is similar to the reason i like Elizabeth, an extraordinarily talented member of her race but also an outcast of said race, she doesnt like killing for no reason but grew up in a society centered around death and violence. But where she surpasses Elizabeth imo, is the fact that she got actual development towards this aspect of her. For Elizabeth we are just told "oh she hates killing and decides to talk to demons instead", but with Diane we actually got an on the ground experience of Diane on the battlefield told to fight and kill, we actually got to see her struggle with it. And even better we got her friend Dolores who was even more adverse to killing than she was, get killed as a result her aversion to battle, and Matrona, the woman telling her to kill, to fight and not worry about the lives of her allies, lose her life for Dianes sake. To me that whole aspect of Diane really is just a more reasonable and fleshed out version of Goddess Elizabeth's ideals.

Oh and i loved kid Diane's whole backstory with King, and how it was eventually tied together with her crush on Meliodas and how she was given her sin of envy, was really a great moment when i read that. Her whole thing with Gowther and Dolor was alright as well, running away from Zeldris was a good way to end her trial.

So yeah, while Diane hasnt had a great deal of development and i wish Nakaba would spend more time on her, the development she has had has been great imo, and quality>quantity for me.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ha, was sort of punking you this time since Diane gets a ton of shit for being underdeveloped, but i am also somewhat serious now that i think about it. Diane is genuinely a great character, better than Meliodas, and better than Elizabeth.

Putting aside her general perky and enjoyable personality that i do like a lot, my main reason for liking her is similar to the reason i like Elizabeth, an extraordinarily talented member of her race but also an outcast of said race, she doesnt like killing for no reason but grew up in a society centered around death and violence. But where she surpasses Elizabeth imo, is the fact that she got actual development towards this aspect of her. For Elizabeth we are just told "oh she hates killing and decides to talk to demons instead", but with Diane we actually got an on the ground experience of Diane on the battlefield told to fight and kill, we actually got to see her struggle with it. And even better we got her friend Dolores who was even more adverse to killing than she was, get killed as a result her aversion to battle, and Matrona, the woman telling her to kill, to fight and not worry about the lives of her allies, lose her life for Dianes sake. To me that whole aspect of Diane really is just a more reasonable and fleshed out version of Goddess Elizabeth's ideals.

Oh and i loved kid Diane's whole backstory with King, and how it was eventually tied together with her crush on Meliodas and how she was given her sin of envy, was really a great moment when i read that. Her whole thing with Gowther and Dolor was alright as well, running away from Zeldris was a good way to end her trial.

So yeah, while Diane hasnt had a great deal of development and i wish Nakaba would spend more time on her, the development she has had has been great imo, and quality>quantity for me.
If I were a girl. I would have peed myself with laughter.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
If I were a girl. I would have peed myself with laughter.
Because me shattering your idea of Diane being a bad character was so hilarious? I know, me too. Who's your favorite character/s?

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because me shattering your idea of Diane being a bad character was so hilarious? I know, me too. Who's your favorite character/s?
Diane is crap an dlittle more then tet's and booty.

My favorite are: Ban, Zeldris, estarossa/mael, Dryfus, King.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Diane is crap an dlittle more then tet's and booty.

My favorite are: Ban, Zeldris, estarossa/mael, Dryfus, King.
Ha, you got Mael on your list and you're giving me shit for picking Diane? Talk about peeing yourself with laughter. Ban's a good shout though, forgot to include him on my list.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ha, you got Mael on your list and you're giving me shit for picking Diane? Talk about peeing yourself with laughter. Ban's a good shout though, forgot to include him on my list.
It's actually estarossa. I included mael due to necessity.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why Estarossa? Cause he killed Mel?
He was a fun entertaining villain, cool look, nifty powers, felt like a legit threat and was scary, the mystery surrounding him was interesting. (where the mystery lead too was not good but the build up was phenomenal in spite of the payout.)

Bittersweettea

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
My favorites are Mael/Estarossa, Zeldris, Hendrickson, Elizabeth, Ban and Wild (the previous chapter made me love him). I like Mel and Arthur, too. And Ludociel, the only racist character I like because of how straightforward/honest he is in his views and how determined he is to eradicate his enemies. Him being in Margaret's body made me like him more.

Magiie

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Merlin is the best
Did you know Gowther is a doll?
You can see it two chaps ago. Impressive!