Seinen - Houseki no kuni | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Houseki no kuni

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Houseki no kuni

Author: Haruko Ichikawa
Genre:
Fantasy, Action, Slice of life
Serialized In: Afternoon
Publisher by: Kodansha
Synopsis:
In a mysterious future timeline, a new life form called Houseki (Gems) inhabit a world destroyed by six meteors, leaving only a beach surrounded by ocean. The 28 active Gems must fight back against the deadly Moon people who seek to turn the Gems into decorations. All Gems are assigned a specific role to play in their community, such as fighter, medic, weapon-smith, etc. Though they hope to fight the Moon People, Phosphophyllite, or Phos, is a Gem who is given no assignment due to their lack of any skills until the leader of the Gems, Kongo , asks them to make a natural history encyclopedia. Phos attempts to find a more exciting job than their currently assigned one, but ends up getting in over their head. in MAL

I'm surprised that there was no actually thread for it.
Well @niichan @Erinyes now you guys have a place to come to when you catch up and @revo when you start it.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
I haven't watched the anime nor read the manga yet however dat girl has dark blue/purple eyes, blue long hair and looks pretty just like my lovely Bern. You know what they say, when something looks even a slightly bit as Bern or just reminds me of her then you know it has always my damn attention. However currently I have not really the time to pick something new atm but I will add it in my list.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
you have to start it now !!!
did you watch the anime , btw ?
How could you forget that Erin :scry. Of course I watched the anime. That's the reason I got interested in the manga in the first place.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
How could you forget that Erin :scry. Of course I watched the anime. That's the reason I got interested in the manga in the first place.
My bad sorry Demon, i had a doubt, i remember now you even nominated dia in anime awards for 2nd char ! sorry

btw Bort is one of my fave gem, phos is amazing one of the best all time "female char i do refer them as females despite them being genderless/mineral.

ofc i am aware the manga is still ongoing and that things might go in various ways, but so far its one of my faves, hope it will not disppoint :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I haven't watched the anime nor read the manga yet however dat girl has dark blue/purple eyes, blue long hair and looks pretty just like my lovely Bern. You know what they say, when something looks even a slightly bit as Bern or just reminds me of her then you know it has always my damn attention. However currently I have not really the time to pick something new atm but I will add it in my list.
you wont regret it @Purity of Magi
i would recommend you maybe whenever you can to start with the anime, i think its amazing visually and maybe most appealing for a newbie, though the manga is great too.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
So I'm really the only one here that is updated with the manga, man I can't even start talking with what's going on

I really recommend the anime just to see the visual for it being the best CG anime ever, I shall wait for you when u pick it up

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Mind as well tag some who could be interested in reading this
@Arjuna
@Elusia
@Brandish
@Emperor Spriggan
@Purity of Magi
I was interested in watching the anime and reading the manga of this. I thought it would be another one of those shows that are good despite its animation, but since I heard that it had a solid story, characters and animation, I'm very surprised and happy about it.

The manga is supposedly as beautiful as the anime too. So I'm definitely going to put it on my watch/read list.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
This is form the special edition vol.9
There's more in it but these are the only one that I found scanned, will look for more
Hey @syx now that you have finished reading PH come read HnK :derp after you have recovered that is form PH

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Going to start with it tonight. But I'm not sure if go with the manga or the anime :grumble.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Going to start with it tonight. But I'm not sure if go with the manga or the anime :grumble.

XP
Okay, but seriously, whatever suits you. For me, I'd go for the anime first, since on its own, it looks pretty good.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Well I could say the manga as even though the adaptation is good, they did miss a lot of things especially in the final episode where they skipped 6 chapters and that are needed to understand what happen afterwards in the story.

Just watch some scene of the anime to see how's the animation sometime later if you're curious.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hey @syx now that you have finished reading PH come read HnK :derp after you have recovered that is form PH
Which chapter should anime watchers start to read? As of yet, I have other series in my todo list which I have to attack, but HnK surely does deserve a spot in that list as well.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Which chapter should anime watchers start to read? As of yet, I have other series in my todo list which I have to attack, but HnK surely does deserve a spot in that list as well.
Chapter 30 is the best place to start form for anime watchers.

Reactions: syx

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I have heard from many people that this is a great series but sadly my list is full now and time management problem is there so most probably I won't be able to read it.

But I will definitely keep this in my "Plan to Read" list :verily

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Needed to post this as it's amazing what the peoples are doing, it's so beautiful just like the story <_> ( plus it have no spoilers, oh do I have so many things to share that are spoilers but I shall wait before sharing them when enough people join in the train )
Spoilers out
And I have to say
ICHIKAWAAAA JUST END MY SUFFERING ALREADY

Here the raw and credit goes to 4chan...yes 4chan but it's messing so I'll just put them all here

This panel broke me...did the baby admirabilis just try to take out it's shell and give it to phos to mercy him :emocat damn you ichikawa

Everytime I see this Cairn I just ask myself where did everything go wrong...why did she have to become like this ? #bringbackGrumpyCairn2k18

:arf:handgun
Delete this

What alex say in the end translation form 4chan too
"Phos, bring me with you next time. I asked the doctor in charge of Padparadscha, and it seems that if I receive medical treatment, I can remain red all the time."
Plz don't be the next cairnV2 plzz oh god no..I don't like this..I don't trust what the lunarians will do to he, I mean look what hey did to best Grumpy boy cairn plus what happen this chapter btw in nutshell what the doc said to LaPhos is either
"Revive all gems completely and kill off an entire race of living beings to do so"
Or
"Being able to gather the shards of all gems and have a slight chance of revival, but not guaranteed and especially not guaranteed for their memories" :8C

WHYYYYYYYYYY:cookiearf either way this is more and more like ventricosus case in the past where they promised to bring back her people and her brother but in the end their ended up betraying her.
I'm sure phos won't choose option 1 but man the other gems on the moon will definitely not like like....:emocat phos will be all alone not like he isn't now but it could be in a worst lvl

Also what the heck is this :m3j

Dia is already corrupted by this manipulative ship
I'm out here
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Chapter out