Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021) | Page 119 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MangAniMY

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

btw that background can be misleading... it actually said"twitter"

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
WSM is really stepping it up with all of the anime adaptation they've been giving out lately. Everything about Juliet's adaptation has been great, from the voice acting to the animation. Even the pacing has been really great. Domestic na Kanojo is getting one, Gotoubun's adaptation I think will cause the series to skyrocket even more than it already is. It has seriously been growing at an incredible exponential rate in Japan and elsewhere online around the world. Ahiru is getting one, and now so is Fire Force. This will help them keep pace with WSJ's Zumo, Neverland, Kimetsu, WNL and now Dr. Stone (probably) all getting anime adaptations.

Eden's Zero is all but guaranteed to receive an anime adaptation at some point, and Fumetsu will probably get something as well at some point in time given the author's previous success (whether it'll be an animated TV series or movie I'm unsure). Kanojo Okarishimasu and Tokyo Revengers are both also prime candidates given their success. Runway would make a nice show, but I could see this going down the route of a live-action series. Senryuu would be amazing, but I think it'd be a bit challenging to adapt since the main heroine doesn't actually speak her lines.
Eh, I wouldn't say that about Juliet anime. It's too panel by panel to me without that much of input by the director to make use of the media, while the animation is average at best. I watch it because I like the characters and such but the adaptation is just average.

ChocoBar9

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like David but they are not the best choice for this series especially when its only appeal is its art.

Scruffy8642

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wew, David is a lot better than most other options, so I’ll take it.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I may try watching an episode of Fire Force once the anime comes out. I've been a little curious about it since it seems to get some praise on here but never really got around to looking into it

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
It all depends on staff. I'm more worried whether they have the resources to do Jojo, Tsubasa and this series along with whatever else has/will be announced.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like David but they are not the best choice for this series especially when its only appeal is its art.
who have they done? never heard of this studio. Iris animated finally :nerd. Benimaru too.

I may try watching an episode of Fire Force once the anime comes out. I've been a little curious about it since it seems to get some praise on here but never really got around to looking into it
you like only romances right? you're not gonna like this G lol. It has fanservice if you're into that tho

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
It all depends on staff. I'm more worried whether they have the resources to do Jojo, Tsubasa and this series along with whatever else has/will be announced.
Part 5 and Tsubasa should both be done by Spring/Early Summer. Summer or Fall is really the best bet for it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
who have they done? never heard of this studio. Iris animated finally :nerd. Benimaru too.
Dont tell me you haven't seen Jojo man!
But yeah they're very much low budget incarnate and a lot of people were shooting for BONES since they animated Soul Eater and Soul Eater Not! the author's previous works and they do have some wonderful effect animators who worked on MHA, Mob Psycho, etc which would have brought his art to life but DavidPro is a mixed bag in terms of production despite handling adaptations well.

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
you like only romances right? you're not gonna like this G lol. It has fanservice if you're into that stuff
Romance/comedy/SOL; I'd say that's 95+% of what I follow.That's what I figured about Fire Force, but it doesn't hurt to keep an open mind. Fanservice is alright if done well.

Ecchi Boy

Reaction score
Country
United States
But yeah they're very much low budget incarnate and a lot of people were shooting for BONES since they animated Soul Eater and Soul Eater Not! the author's previous works and they do have some wonderful effect animators who worked on MHA, Mob Psycho, etc which would have brought his art to life but DavidPro is a mixed bag in terms of production despite handling adaptations well.
I am grateful for my favorite manga getting an adaption, in a way its your reaction that determines if you will enjoy the anime, if you negative you will hate it but if your positive you will love it and be grateful for it got a adaption. But the choice is yours what you choose is your choice alone.
Complaining isn't going to get anything done is it?:3c

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Along with Tsubasa and JJBA Part 5 to complete, David also has Ensemble Stars next year and Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (in 2020). And now this. Hopefully they can pull through.
Looking forward to this if it is the JoJo/Tsubasa staff's next project.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Cool, I'm looking forward to it. I've enjoyed most of DP's work and I think they'll do good job with this project, Fire Force seems quite appropriate for DP. Hopefully they aren't too overcrowded. I'm optimistic about this one.

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Complaining isn't going to get anything done is it?:3c
You got me there especially when there's not even a PV out. I mean I don't care that much about Fire Force to begin with and it we could have gotten a lot worse than DavidPro so for better or for worse at least with them it'll be adapted well.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Depends on the staff. I know the last David Pro show that was hated was Sakurada Reset.

LuckyJim

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
I kind of thought A1 was going to pick up the series, definitely didn't expect David Pro. I'm excited to see this series finally get an adaptation, although I kind of hope they either get through the early chapters quickly, or add something to them other than just doing a panel for panel adaptation.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Part 5 and Tsubasa should both be done by Spring/Early Summer. Summer or Fall is really the best bet for it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A bit funny how pretty much everyone says SE anime ending is horrible ( and it is more or less is though I would not say manga ending is that great either) but netherless they still want this studio for Fire Force

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
A bit funny how pretty much everyone says SE anime ending is horrible ( and it is more or less is though I would not say manga ending is that great either) but netherless they still want this studio for Fire Force
Yeah because by the end of the day they did a phenomenal job on it and is the main reason why the series got any attention hell Ohkubo started changing his art to closely mimic the anime as a result which paid out well for him. I can't really fault the anime much since they ran out of material and the fact that the manga got a lot worse as it went on with an arguably worse ending to boot and despite all that people still want a remake/continuation from them now that its finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.