Games - Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over... | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
As for Obito, I still stick with my statement that he wasn't entirely bad, just that what he turned into and how he was treated was entirely bad.
I would've liked the comment if not for that line
:hmph

Kishimoto should've stuck with Madara, Obito should've remained dead. As simple as that.
Although I agree that Obito should have remained dead, I don't think that adding back in Madara was necessary (or even a good idea to begin with).

As I said above, we already had 2 perfectly adequate (already established into the manga. Both being strong enough to be a legitimate threat and each possessing a legitimate reason/plan to achieve their aims) villains - we didn't need to dig any more up from the past.

I mean, you reintroduce Madara - now, what is is plan? Why is he back? To take over Konoha/the world?
Is this an interesting enough reason to resurrect him?
Would he be a better, more interesting, villain than Pain or Orochimaru?

Sure, I get that people would have wanted to see Madara (hell, I'd have liked to have seen him - if done right), but it could have been done with a prequel chapter (like the Obito one, the Nagato one - or something like TBTP in Bleach).

This could be combined with Sasuke finding one of Madara's old scrolls - like a banned technique scroll (similar to the mass shadow clone jutsu one) - on his search for Itachi.
Maybe showing how the world was like during Madara/Hashirama's time, how powerful the two were, and how Hashirama finally beat Madara ('cause that fight would have to be shown).

It would have been an easy way for Sasuke to have gained some more abilities, without just pulling them out from nowhere in a fight.
... and during Sasuke and Naruto's final fight, Naruto could've pulled some of Hashirama's old moves (maybe learned from Jiraiya/Kakashi/someone from Konoha) only to have Sasuke countering them with Madara's technique - maybe a flashback to that exact technique (the one Naruto used) being the one that beat Madara, showing how Sasuke has surpassed Madara...

Or, we had already seen that resurrection was possible (A la Edo Tensei [that fucking technique...]), it's entirely explainable for the rinnegan (the SOT6P's eyes) to have a technique that powerful [or something comparable].

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I would've liked the comment if not for that line
:hmph

Although I agree that Obito should have remained dead, I don't think that adding back in Madara was necessary (or even a good idea to begin with).

As I said above, we already had 2 perfectly adequate (already established into the manga. Both being strong enough to be a legitimate threat and each possessing a legitimate reason/plan to achieve their aims) villains - we didn't need to dig any more up from the past.

I mean, you reintroduce Madara - now, what is is plan? Why is he back? To take over Konoha/the world?
Is this an interesting enough reason to resurrect him?
Would he be a better, more interesting, villain than Pain or Orochimaru?

Sure, I get that people would have wanted to see Madara (hell, I'd have liked to have seen him - if done right), but it could have been done with a prequel chapter (like the Obito one, the Nagato one - or something like TBTP in Bleach).

This could be combined with Sasuke finding one of Madara's old scrolls - like a banned technique scroll (similar to the mass shadow clone jutsu one) - on his search for Itachi.
Maybe showing how the world was like during Madara/Hashirama's time, how powerful the two were, and how Hashirama finally beat Madara ('cause that fight would have to be shown).

It would have been an easy way for Sasuke to have gained some more abilities, without just pulling them out from nowhere in a fight.
... and during Sasuke and Naruto's final fight, Naruto could've pulled some of Hashirama's old moves (maybe learned from Jiraiya/Kakashi/someone from Konoha) only to have Sasuke countering them with Madara's technique - maybe a flashback to that exact technique (the one Naruto used) being the one that beat Madara, showing how Sasuke has surpassed Madara...

Or, we had already seen that resurrection was possible (A la Edo Tensei [that fucking technique...]), it's entirely explainable for the rinnegan (the SOT6P's eyes) to have a technique that powerful [or something comparable].
I guess it's good to see that you seem to care quite a bit about Naruto, even if it's mostly complaints :XD But I think you misunderstood, I don't mean that Madara was necessary or should've been the final villain, just that Kishimoto should've stuck with that reveal. Talking about the whole "I am Uchiha Madara" reveal from Tobi, it's when I finally could laugh about all the people who wanted him to be Obito... only to be proven wrong many years later :emobirb Pain or even Orochimaru could have been good final villains on their own, but at least stick with Madara if you introduce him as the sorta last boss, instead of things bullshit Obito reveal near the end.

Reactions: z.5

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yep, all these are where they deserve to be :awe Natsu, Kirito, f*cking Yuki...

Kill it with fire pls

There is nothing redeeming about him - he is worse than 100% bad (his 'badness', like the god of the bible, breaks logic, language, and reality).

I bet this pick of mine surprised absolutely no one - at least no one who has ever heard me talk about Naruto before.

This character is the shittiest character in all manga – even characters who are designed to be shitty, or characters from shitty mangas (mangas more shitty than Naruto I mean), are less shit than Obito.

This character went from a joke of an underling, to a mastermind, to a sympathetic narrator, to an evil villain, to a victim, to a corrupted villain again, to an 'unfortunate hero'...

Akatsuki too serious? Not enough ‘funny characters’? -> introduce a masked joke

Want to push the Uchiha-Senju story? -> make Obito the secret leader of the Akatsuki

Want a big reveal? -> have him take off his mask and show that he is a Uchiha (not necessarily a bad thing, in principle, but pretty unnecessary)

Want to humanise Obito (and also help push the bullshit ‘the Uchiha were the victims’ message)? -> Show how Obito used to be kind, but turned following seeing Kakashi kill his [unrequited] lover (she didn't even realise he cared. He said less to her than Hinata said to Naruto... Like, were we really meant to think anything about their 'relationship'?!?)

Want to reintroduce Madara? -> have him, somehow, already know Obito and be guiding him to evilness

Want to redeem the Uchiha? -> (other than trying to pull some sympathetic nonsense with Madara) have Obito try to turn good (Darth Vader style) at the end

His character swung from one thing to another, almost at random.

• His powers – Bullshit and OP, in the way only a Uchiha can be
  • His look – uninteresting
  • His importance to the story - we already had 2 good enough villains [Orochimaru and Pain], who both served different purposes and could each bring interesting things to the story (they were introduced early, hadn't got boring yet, and each had a lot left to offer). There was no need to replace both of them with another, random, Uchiha (perhaps the fact that they weren't Uchiha was the reason they were replaced?!?). By replacing them, as the big bad, he single-handedly ruined their contributions to the manga also (well, excluding Orochimaru's cameo at the end).
  • How threatening he appears – this varies from page to page. Sometimes he is menacing, sometimes an unfortunate victim, sometimes a joke…
  • His master-plan – to put everyone under genjutsu, so he doesn’t have to be upset about his girlfriend/not-girlfriend dying?

He, like Itachi, symbolises the switch in Naruto. The switch being one of the main things I believe led the manga into the mess that it ended up as (see the Itachi post, as it’s kinda the same thing).

Literally my least favourite character in manga (in the anime he’s the same, just with an annoying voice added on).

There was no need for this character – he served no useful purpose in the story (the only ‘purpose’ he served was to ruin it).

I hate him so much!

My only regret, in this whole game, is that there is another character people hate more than Obito.
Zim you should nominate Obito for Best Husbando, theres still time... :lambirb

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Why nominate Obito, when there are far superior Uchiha Husbando picks in Naruto?!?

*waits patiently for the usual Itachi/Sasuke picks*

PHEW
Luckilly I managed to get in there first...

I do enjoy a challenge... if I really can get Sasuke to win, there is no saving the people on this forum

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Yep, all these are where they deserve to be :awe Natsu, Kirito, f*cking Yuki...

Kill it with fire pls

Make up your mind Yuki
Whenever I hear this I felt like slapping Yuki

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
1st place
43 Points
Died of a broken heart - when your crush would rather be in an incestual relationship than settle down with you...

Ah, good old Sakura.
If ever there was a wasted character, she was surely it.

As the manga progressed, all 3 of the main characters (yes, I include her in this list - though, perhaps I shouldn't) were seen to grow and develop. They each followed on in the footsteps of the famous, legendary, Sannin - and were equally interesting, as a result of that...

... or so it should have been.

Naruto and Sasuke did indeed follow in the footsteps of Jiraiya and Orochimaru, respectively.
Sakura, however, was not so lucky.

Sure, she did learn Tsunade's techniques (becoming, pretty much, a clone of her) but that was where her character stopped developing.

She was the manga's chance at a strong female character - a goal which might have been achieved under any other mangaka.

It was such a waste.

Then we have her infatuation with a guy who flat-out hated her (how anyone is meant to buy her ending up, and having a kid, with him beggars belief [I really thought Sasuke would die celibate - as befitted his character])
The guy tells her, to her face, that he hates her - she doesn't bat an eyelid
The guy leaves her, without a word of goodbye, and then runs away whenever she gets close - she takes this as him playing hard to get
The guy tries to murder her, all to stop her following him - she really can't take the hint
The guy mind-fucks her with Tsukuyomi - she must, surely, be a masochist to want to end up with a dick like this?!?

She is even willing to lie to one of her best friends - a man she knows loves her (though, why, I'm not sure - if I recall correctly, it's got something to do with her forehead?!?)

So
- uniqueness is 0
- emotional complexity is 0
- how good a role-model she is is 0

I mean, Hinata also made a showing in these rankings. But Hinata, for all her faults, has about as strongly developed character as Sakura.
Also, more importantly, Hinata was never one of the 3 main characters.
AND, Naruto, as much as he ignored her, was never a dick to Hinata.

At least Kishimoto never tried to make Sakura into an object of sexual desire - as some mangakas do with their female characters
- that truly would have been fucking painful to read...

Linali

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Sakura won - why I'm not surprised? :derp I expected she'd be the only character from my list, who can reach the top. Totally deserved - she's wasted space potential and she was unbearable for most of the series. First she was annoying with her visible fangirlism over Sasuke-kun and being a bish for Naruto and his obvious feelings for her. Later she was annoying with her silent fangirlism over Sasuke-kun and being bish for Naruto and his obvious feelings for her. Why did she fell in love with Sasuke to begin with? Iirc, she had a crash on him like every girl, because he was the prettiest boy in her class and how did it escalated in such strong feeling? Because he said she's pathetic at the very beginning of their relationship? Because he kept on ignoring her later? Because revenge and becoming stronger than Naruto ment more for him than staying with her? Dejm, even after <Boruto spoiler> their child was born, he was always outside of a village, not knowing his daughter's face! And here I thought women are better in reading subliminal signals. Unless she's a mental masochist - then it'd make sense.

She was suppose to be 2nd Tsunade, but something went wrong - she's not even close to her mentor. She only copied her abilities to become at least a bit useful as a healer and it was all her development in the series. Maybe there would be more room for the development, if she wasn't so focused on becoming Mrs Uchiha. I say no! for female protagonists, who exist only for shipping purpose! :sexyarf

But I like her "Inner Sakura" - I have something like that too :fan

So this is it! Thank you for hosting @zimbardo, it's good to let the bile and frustration leave one's body once in a while :awe Do you plan to show some statistics?

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Thank you @zimbardo I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: z.5

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
BTW I might have missed,can anyone tell me which place Erza got?

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Smartass here, Sasuke can't use Tsukuyomi.

Oh no!

What a shameful mistake to make...

I should really cram up on my husbando, if I am ever going to be able to ride his wave to victory in the upcoming competition
:emocat

Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Oh no!

What a shameful mistake to make...

I should really cram up on my husbando, if I am ever going to be able to ride his wave to victory in the upcoming competition
:emocat
Yeah, really shame on you, zim. Even you should realize now that Sasuke wasn't all that bad towards Sakura.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yeah, really shame on you, zim. Even you should realize now that Sasuke wasn't all that bad towards Sakura.

Now that I'm rooting for him, it's clear that he was positively saintly to her.

It was probably just my jealousy, of Sakura, clouding my vision