Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021) | Page 125 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm rooting for Blue Lock. The series looks interesting and Magazine have been looking for a new sports series for a while. I think it has the potential to make it.
I hope it survives too. I've been following the raws and it looks really cool, I really like the character designs. I think it'll follow the Tokyo Revengers steps growing slowly and will be safe.

Jovan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like Gamblers Parade isn't doing too well.
1/17
98 Gamblers Parade Vol.1
1/18
172 Gamblers Parade Vol.1

While Blue Lock is showing signs of growth, I believe.
1/17
16 Blue Lock Vol.2
221 Blue Lock Vol.1
1/18
43 Blue Lock Vol.2
242 Blue Lock Vol.1
I am guessing Blue Lock is going to make it to Oricon this time? Seems like there is potential.
Gamblers Parade to no surprise bombed for Volume 1. Oh well. Another Japanese manga that fails to show up on Oricon #1023424

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm rooting for Blue Lock. The series looks interesting and Magazine have been looking for a new sports series for a while. I think it has the potential to make it.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's safer than Yoru, Gambler, and Shichiha (which although it hasn't had a volume out yet, it seems to be ranking really low in the TOC). I'd say it's about as safe as Mako-san, which although Blue Lock's most recent volume charted a little above Mako, the EiC doesn't seem to grade 5-page 4-komas as strictly as a full-length series.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
If I had to guess, I'd say it's safer than Yoru, Gambler, and Shichiha (which although it hasn't had a volume out yet, it seems to be ranking really low in the TOC). I'd say it's about as safe as Mako-san, which although Blue Lock's most recent volume charted a little above Mako, the EiC doesn't seem to grade 5-page 4-komas as strictly as a full-length series.
I love the art style and the concept behind it is really cool so I hope you're right :nod

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the art style and the concept behind it is really cool so I hope you're right :nod
What about Blue Lock differentiates it from other sports series, such as Days? Note: That's not sarcasm lol, but I couldn't figure out a way to word my question without sounding snarky haha. I don't really know anything about it besides the brief summary I saw online

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
What about Blue Lock differentiates it from other sports series, such as Days? Note: That's not sarcasm lol, but I couldn't figure out a way to word my question without sounding snarky haha. I don't really know anything about it besides the brief summary I saw online
To keep things short. A large group of young talented people get put into a huge futuristic style training facility. It has the intensity of an action battle shonen series and that's mostly because of how excellent the art is. It can be quite over the top, it gives off Kuroko's Basketball vibes for sure. So for now it isn't your typical sports series. It also has gorgeous character designs, so I feel like it will be popular with the fujoshi as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maki Oze - Saeko Kamijou

She seems to be a new seiyuu.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

A new visual with the mascots, celebrating the 119 Japanese emergency number, which is used for calling the fire fighters or emergency medical services. (the day and the month this was posted on corresponded with the emergency number). In case you were wondering, the 110 number is used for calling the police in Japan.

Takehisa Hinawa - Kenichi Suzumura

I wonder if the Ahiru no Sora anime has been cancelled. It was announced almost a year ago and we literally haven't heard a single thing about it since February 2018. The last signs of any activity was on the official Instagram account at the end of October last year. It's not looking good for this project. :oh

Last edited:

Inumaru

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I wonder if the Ahiru no Sora anime has been cancelled. It was announced almost a year ago and we literally haven't heard a single thing about it since February 2018. The last signs of any activity was on the official Instagram account at the end of October last year. It's not looking good for this project. :oh
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-ahiru-no-sora-manga-enters-final-arc/.141711
Here says the anime will premiere this year.

1/21-1/27 Shoseki Ranking estimations. (11 days)
21,914 Blue Lock #2
14,881 Mako-san #3
*5,194 Gamblers Parade #1

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess Kodansha will give another chance to Gamblers, but this is an absolutely disastrous start to go with. Blue Lock giving some life signs, hopefully it continues to rise.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-ahiru-no-sora-manga-enters-final-arc/.141711
Here says the anime will premiere this year.

1/21-1/27 Shoseki Ranking estimations. (11 days)
21,914 Blue Lock #2
14,881 Mako-san #3
*5,194 Gamblers Parade #1
That is slightly encouraging, but let's see if the official website or account for the anime also announces something soon.

I guess Blue Lock is doing fine? It would probably be a good idea to keep it around for now, since they have been looking for a new sports series for a while.

LuckyJim

Reaction score
Country
Buy Moria
Where can I find weekly ToC listings for WSM? It seems like this is the only one of the 4 major weekly shonen magazines that doesn't have them regularly posted here.

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shonen Magazine #09 TOC:

Kanojo, Okarishimasu (LCP)
Fire Force
Days
Domestic na Kanojo (CP)
Tokyo Revengers
Gotô-bun no Hanayome
Mako-san ha Shindemo Jiritsu Shinai
Ahiru no Sora
Bakemonogatari
Seven Deadly Sins
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Runway de Waratte
Eden's Zero
Orient
Gamblers Parade
Blue Lock
Senryû Shôjo
Kishuku Gakkô no Juliet
Shichiha Gojuroku
Danshi Kôkôsei wo Yashinaitai Onee-san no Hanashi
Yoru ni Naru to Boku Wa
Hitman
Diamond no Ace Act II

#10 Preview
Days(LCP)
Ahiru no Sora(CP)

Last edited:

ruggia

Reaction score
Country
South Korea

Cooking Master Boy (Chuuka Ichiban) is getting a brand new anime adaption
  • Director: Itsuro Kawasaki
  • Series Composition: Itsuro Kawasaki
  • Character Design: Saki Hasegawa
  • Animation Cooperation: Production I.G
  • Studio: NAS

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker

Akitaru Oubi - Kazuya Nakai

This is an unexpected choice but I think I like it.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Reprints for Orient and volume 4 will be released March 15th

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Bakemonogatari manga PV

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Bakemonogatari manga PV
Honestly I was very surprised finding out this manga is that popular. I mean it is based on LN series that has already pretty decent anime so adding manga to franchise felt... pointless? I suppose. And here it is. Selling like hot cakes.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Last edited:

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shonen Magazine #10 TOC:

Days (LCP)
Tokyo Revengers
Domestic na Kanojo
Ahiru no Sora (CP)
Diamond no Ace Act II
Seven Deadly Sins
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Eden's Zero
Runway de Waratte
5-Toubun no Hanayome
Fire Force
Boarding School Juliet
Senryu Girl
Blue Lock
Hitman
Orient
Gamblers Parade
Shichiha Gojuroku
Bakemonogatari
Fumetsu no Anata e
Danshi Kôkôsei wo Yashinaitai Onee-san no Hanashi
Yoru ni Naru to Boku Wa
Mako-san ha Shindemo Jiritsu Shinai

#11 Preview:
Seven Deadly Sins (LCP)
Runway de Waratte (CP)

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm thinking of binge reading through Orient. Is at risk of cancellation? I don't really follow WSM, more of a WSJ guy and wondered if the same standards apply here. Orient is near the bottom of the rankings and with WSJ rankings arent much of an indicator.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm thinking of binge reading through Orient. Is at risk of cancellation? I don't really follow WSM, more of a WSJ guy and wondered if the same standards apply here. Orient is near the bottom of the rankings and with WSJ rankings arent much of an indicator.
I was thinking of doing the same. It's definitely safe, the sales are good enough and I expect them to try to make this and Edens Zero their next big battle shonen series after the Fire Force anime airs. For WSM the sales seem to be a better indicator if something can survive or not and the recent reprint announcement for all the Orient volumes is promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.