Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 422 Discussion / 423 Predictions | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 422 Discussion / 423 Predictions

Ripcord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
lol! Even SIU is aware things appear to be slowly progressing (this becomes more evident in just a few chapters). Well, at least he's honest.

I agree! Someone should make a thread connecting Baam to Enryu... almost as if they were related or something! ;)
Well not necessarily related but this probably confirms that Enryu was an orb user and this is how he made so many spears of shinsoo - although it is mentioned that he made over “9000 bangs.” Considering that most people who saw that rain of shinsoo died there likely isn’t a good record of it or those that lived didn’t get a good look.

I still don’t get if the orb is harder to make than 12 bangs for example. Does it count as one bang or many in terms of concentration? Given that Bam needed thorn ignition to make more than one orb I would think it’s hard to make. So how many bangs is the equivalent of an orb?

Interesting development this chapter. It’s about time we started seeing more of the inner workings of FUG.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well not necessarily related but this probably confirms that Enryu was an orb user and this is how he made so many spears of shinsoo - although it is mentioned that he made over “9000 bangs.” Considering that most people who saw that rain of shinsoo died there likely isn’t a good record of it or those that lived didn’t get a good look.

I still don’t get if the orb is harder to make than 12 bangs for example. Does it count as one bang or many in terms of concentration? Given that Bam needed thorn ignition to make more than one orb I would think it’s hard to make. So how many bangs is the equivalent of an orb?

Interesting development this chapter. It’s about time we started seeing more of the inner workings of FUG.
I'd stress the orb is not THAT comparable to a bang. An orb is a tool, a bang is just an unit of energy which a regular can make. An orb requires very high tension and has the specific function to maximize shinsoo. Bangs do not have any such requirement nor do they have any shinsoo maximization function.

I doubt there will ever be a direct orb to bang correlation. Though my assumption is that one orb has greater effect than all the shinsoo a wave controller could otherwise summon on his own given that the orb has a maximization function. I guess this explanation would raise the question of how one goes about making more than one orb though.... Perhaps the orb itself makes it easier to gather shinsoo? If it does then using multiple orbs does not seem too insane. And perhaps even in this scenario I am focusing too much on the shinsoo part.. Orbs exist as real objects and when not in use they are probably just empty balls which an user just charges with shinsoo....

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also I realize that only those with the orb attribute can use it so it’s the elite of elite
I'd stress the orb is not THAT comparable to a bang. An orb is a tool, a bang is just an unit of energy which a regular can make. An orb requires very high tension and has the specific function to maximize shinsoo. Bangs do not have any such requirement nor do they have any shinsoo maximization function.

I doubt there will ever be a direct orb to bang correlation. Though my assumption is that one orb has greater effect than all the shinsoo a wave controller could otherwise summon on his own given that the orb has a maximization function. I guess this explanation would raise the question of how one goes about making more than one orb though.... Perhaps the orb itself makes it easier to gather shinsoo? If it does then using multiple orbs does not seem too insane. And perhaps even in this scenario I am focusing too much on the shinsoo part.. Orbs exist as real objects and when not in use they are probably just empty balls which an user just charges with shinsoo....
You’re right we may never get an equivalency and that might not even make sense. Broad brush it must be more efficient and powerful than bangs. We haven’t seen any real orbs yet I don’t think, Bam and Evankhell seem to make theirs out of shinsoo, but we know shinsoo based objects have real counterparts.

I guess I don’t like the orb because it kinda removes a measure we had for how strong he was. Before the number of bangs gave us a quick insight to how powerful the wave controller was. I guess now it depends on the size of the orb.

Also I would generally think that multiple orbs is not the most efficient way - if your shinsoo fill rate is too high for a single orb you probably need to make/get a bigger one. Maybe in the Zahard fight Bam just didn’t know how to make it bigger.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Regarding the chapter I don’t get this though - Bagarav is Yama’s and isn’t the entire dog system underneath of him? I don’t understand why Deng Deng is being kept from Yama if they’re all in that system under Yama.

Unless this dog system is a legitimate Tower system that Bayload took from. Bagarav is FUG though so he should be working to break Deng Deng out for Yama... I don’t get it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Also I realize that only those with the orb attribute can use it so it’s the elite of elite

You’re right we may never get an equivalency and that might not even make sense. Broad brush it must be more efficient and powerful than bangs. We haven’t seen any real orbs yet I don’t think, Bam and Evankhell seem to make theirs out of shinsoo, but we know shinsoo based objects have real counterparts.

I guess I don’t like the orb because it kinda removes a measure we had for how strong he was. Before the number of bangs gave us a quick insight to how powerful the wave controller was. I guess now it depends on the size of the orb.

Also I would generally think that multiple orbs is not the most efficient way - if your shinsoo fill rate is too high for a single orb you probably need to make/get a bigger one. Maybe in the Zahard fight Bam just didn’t know how to make it bigger.
When garam was explaining the 13 month series we saw an orb. Its probably the only instance of a physical orb we have seen so far. Unless SIU pulls some shenanigans. On another note, it just hit me that the orb might be the colorless December. An orb seems mostly transparent, hence why you can see the shinsoo inside.

I doubt even the size of the orb is that much of an indication in the long run because tension is a thing. As bam gets stronger he is bound to be able to concentrate his shinsoo more...

That's a real possibility as well. Maybe multiple orbs will end up being used to adjust to the technique. One way or the other an orb, while powerful, does alter how techniques are made and used. When using bangs for techniques you can use a number of them or even attack from multiple angles... In turn when using the orb all attacks invariably start from the orb. Many smaller orbs can potentially be used for techniques which specifically require the positioning of multiple bangs...

Brian Taboada

Reaction score
Country
United States
Regarding the chapter I don’t get this though - Bagarav is Yama’s and isn’t the entire dog system underneath of him? I don’t understand why Deng Deng is being kept from Yama if they’re all in that system under Yama.

Unless this dog system is a legitimate Tower system that Bayload took from. Bagarav is FUG though so he should be working to break Deng Deng out for Yama... I don’t get it.
I think the reason that Deng Deng was hidden away, was as a political power play. The winner of the 3 fang festival determines who is most influential in the dog pound under Yama. By hiding the best rookie, the chances are the Fang will be captured by one of the teams. I bet there are other things being done as well to ensure their individual victories.

Last edited: