The Last Person to Post Wins - Zlatorog | Page 56 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Last Person to Post Wins - Zlatorog

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
greed. Mostly they, indeed, do such order change to give the character(s) a bit of development (aka as you mentioned, between child Thorfinn and teenage Thorfinn). Also, yes, the end conclusion is actually what matters especially at this point, and I don't expect them to have some major cuts or some original shit to happen in the end unless it somehow managed to fit with the actual storyline
I worried for a bit because I saw someone break down the amount of chapters adapted per episode, and the last 8-10 episodes were going to need higher than the average we had so far in the season. So even though doing away with the nonlinear structure in the beginning and the 1.5 episode of filler ended up not being the end of the world, I worried a bit about whether it was necessary if the last episodes end up feeling cramped.

Hm, I do understand that you had prefer to have the second half quality being consistent as it was in the first half, but personally I still think they are doing a pretty fine job and somehow I haven't been all too bothered by the animation quality of the second half that much. I am honestly fine with it as long as I don't see very noticable derpy faces/body movements or whatever shit like this
No, it's not anything like Studio Pierrot Naruto-level derp. It's just a bit rough and definitely became more noticeable compared to earlier in the season.

Well I hope Berserk will get it though.. it honestly would be a shame if a decent manga like Berserk gets such a shitty adaption and never get a redo. :/
The reason I'm not optimistic is it being still close to Berserk 2016, so while it may happen, how long we'll most likely have to wait for it leaves me feeling a bit indifferent.

Reeeally :heh

Now tell us how it's so much better than friends and himym

liductan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The 'highly' part still makes the exceptions surprising, what's the big deal in expecting what's common? XD
It's a choice. I don't care why you do it or not. I'm the exceptions with a few things in my adulthood lol
That's why I say y'all don't know me like that.

What I find is funny is, people can't seem to understand or they wanna act like they pity me lol
Sheeps.. ..

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
How many devils work on you then? O:
At this point in time I can elaborate no further
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's a choice. I don't care why you do it or not. I'm the exceptions with a few things in my adulthood lol
That's why I say y'all don't know me like that.

What I find is funny is, people can't seem to understand or they wanna act like they pity me lol
Sheeps.. ..
I don't think it's pity, mostly playful curiousity. You're not obliged to answer or elaborate :p
You giving an answer that's unexpected is only more reason for curiousity. Not because it's 'weird', we're judgy or we 'pity' you, but just because your take on the topic in itself could be interesting.

Also, 'you don't know me' is weird to say on a forum. For one, we do know some things about you, and two, whatever we know is what you decided to reveal lmao
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Not everyone is wired the same, even if society is highly sexualized - doesn’t mean it drives every individual.
Isn't an interesting trend that media is actually becoming less sexual? 🤔

Last edited:

liductan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
At this point in time I can elaborate no further

I don't think it's pity, mostly playful curiousity. You're not obliged to answer or elaborate :p
You giving an answer that's unexpected is only more reason for curiousity. Not because it's 'weird', we're judgy or we 'pity' you, but just because take on the topic in itself could be interesting.

Also, 'you don't know me' is weird to say on a forum. For one, we do know some things about you, and two, whatever we know is what you decided to reveal lmao
Very well. Fair point.
I wasn't directing this at every one here though. It was based on my personal experience. I usually don't care to talk about it but evil asked and I don't mind answering.

Honestly, when I say y'all don't know me like that, it doesn't mean no one knows anything. I'm saying, I might be different than what you're expecting because I can tell what most think of me on here. That's all.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Last edited:

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Now, if I had done that then I'd understand a bit more if you thought I was being edgy. But I was literally just linking to a clip which fit the conversation. Other sitcoms weren't involved in the convo.

Sounds like you've just met some obnoxious Seinfeld fans and get triggered at the sight of the series.

Though tbf I do like it more than those two, but I've been watching Seinfeld since I was 14 and "found" the others through my wife when I was like 19 (and have had to sit through more re-watches of them than I personally would've thought was necessary). Doesn't mean I don't like those shows, though.

And tbh Friends fans are way more obnoxious than Seinfeld fans when it comes to having the "superior series" but ok.
Could never relate to friends, was too young for seinfeld and always found it didn't age well to rewatch it. i was ending high school when mother aired, so i guess i had a connection to that flat humour over a period of time, but I don't have the jokes landing anymore.

I think I'm pretty indifferent to any of them. I just find it hilarious that people our age are sometimes such hardhore fans, when yeah, they probably conciously had to consume the show in their adulthood, not so much when it first aired.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Any of you guys watching Good Omens?

Tag @Brandish and @Eigengrau prolly would like it

Me, zimb and Faust, that I know of, have seen it and discussed it thoroughly (back when it came out though). I wanna say Ust too.. Maybe Tom too by now.

I've mixed feelings about, is the short version.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I haven't seen it yet. I was angry at Amazon Prime Nordic that they didn't simulcast Vinland Saga so I never subscribed.

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Pls don't hit me, but no, I haven't seen it, and I can't say I have any interest in seeing it...

I was curious about it when I heard news of the adaptation, but I hated the first trailer, found it quite bad/cringy, not really something for me. Now of course, that was just the trailer, might not necessarily reflect the quality of the show, acting, story, etc... but yeah it's just not for me I fear, nothing draws me in at all.

I do want to see Watchmen, but I'll wait until all episodes have come out.

Haven't really seen any shows this year other than True Detective S3 I think, have been on a movie-binge lately to try and see as many movies as last year. I think I'm gonna fail x_x

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I haven't seen it yet. I was angry at Amazon Prime Nordic that they didn't simulcast Vinland Saga so I never subscribed.
Hm, I've been able to watch Vinland from day 1 though... I think?

Lots of good stuff on Prime now, recommend it.

I could repay the favor from when I borrowed your Yle if you want. :nod

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Also started this last night...pretty good so far.

Yeah, like it a lot too, for what it is. Tom praised it to no end so had to watch it, and really look forward to s2 now.

Not at all the same type of shows, but if you're the kind who likes everything @gnut and going through Prime, then Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel are two of the best shows on TV right now. The Man in the High Castle is also pretty solid. Also Sneaky Pete (co-produced by the guy who ran House and Brian Cranston, who also plays the bad guy) is great, but was cancelled recently.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll check them out.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Mrs. Maisel is feel-good comedy with very characteristic characters through and through so if that's not your cup of Joe then maybe it's not for you. But it's one of my favorites.

Fleabag is also a comedy - a bit more dirty or "naughty" as the Brits would say - but also very thoughtful and full of grief and loneliness........ But it's a hoot, I swear! :sweat

I'm reading the latest chapters of Haikyuu with an underlying grief. Can't believe this is the last arc... felt like the series could just keep going on getting more and more intense for years to come.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Mrs. Maisel is feel-good comedy with very characteristic characters through and through so if that's not your cup of Joe then maybe it's not for you. But it's one of my favorites.

Fleabag is also a comedy - a bit more dirty or "naughty" as the Brits would say - but also very thoughtful and full of grief and loneliness........ But it's a hoot, I swear! :sweat

I'm reading the latest chapters of Haikyuu with an underlying grief. Can't believe this is the last arc... felt like the series could just keep going on getting more and more intense for years to come.
Haikyuu is ending? That's sad.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

I'll keep Good Omens in mind if I feel like a show binge. It kind of reminds me of Supernatural.

Haven't watched much lately. Chernobyl was the only complete season I watched this year, and that was alright. I tried Black Mirror which was okay too.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Haikyuu is ending? That's sad.
Yeah the "Final arc starts!" announcement came as a shock to me, very unexpected (especially the way the story is unfolding - won't say more at the risk of spoiling something)

Status
Not open for further replies.