Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021) | Page 196 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Magazine News & Discussion (2014 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serinox

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
It would feel really really really odd if both Nanatsu and 5toubun are still running in late-January.
Especially with NNT doing its whole epilogue fake-out and Nakaba originally saying in August 2018 the series would end about a year later in August 2019... it feels bizarre that the series is still going on.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Damn, they weren't kidding when they said that's all Tamaki was used for... it fuckng sucks because I really liked her design and personality when she was first introduced and I wanted to see more of her but... not like this.
Lol this is really sad, I only read up to between chapters 90-100, and I do recall Tamaki losing her clothes at every single turn but this is just ridiculous
It gets even sadder. Look at what the anime announcement chapter was spent on, it pretty much expands upon the clip I shared.

A "gag" now turns into a love interest for Tamaki. Not gonna hate too much since I have hardly read the series but boy its hard to take serious. Hopefully its not as bad as I make it out to be.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
It would feel really really really odd if both Nanatsu and 5toubun are still running in late-January. Both of them are giving very strong vibes of "ending in 4 chapters". Dunno about Domekano because it can easily stretch into new subplots.

I feel we are going to have some strong months in terms of new serializations. I also hope to see the next big romcom happening (and I have high hopes in Cuckoo).
No, I can definitely see GoToubun running for another volume or two. I still feel as if there are things left to explain. Especially after this latest chapter, becuase hol-ey fucking shit, I wasn't expecting that but I'm not disappointed. I just want it to be expanded upon. Yotsuba was probably the choice that would generate the least amount of salt, but that's still a lot of salt I'm seeing everywhere.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It gets even sadder. Look at what the anime announcement chapter was spent on, it pretty much expands upon the clip I shared.

A "gag" now turns into a love interest for Tamaki. Not gonna hate too much since I have hardly read the series but boy its hard to take serious. Hopefully its not as bad as I make it out to be.
Yeah its not, this chapter was hilarious and no one complained about when was released, its just a joke character that not even appeared anymore in the manga, theres no romance about these two, what a overreaction lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, if you guys want to talk about Tamaki in the manga at least read until the last chapters because she get some great moments and development in the last arcs

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Just itching to throw "SJW" out there.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah its not, this chapter was hilarious and no one complained about when was released, its just a joke character that not even appeared anymore in the manga, theres no romance about these two, what a overreaction lol

Also, if you guys want to talk about Tamaki in the manga at least read until the last chapters because she get some great moments and development in the last arcs
That sounds nice. I do enjoy Fire Force so far, she’s just one of the weakest links. It’s not even that she’s used for fanservice, it was more like that was kind of all she was in the beginning.

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Thats good to hear. Ill be giving it a try during the holidays anyway.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That sounds nice. I do enjoy Fire Force so far, she’s just one of the weakest links. It’s not even that she’s used for fanservice, it was more like that was kind of all she was in the beginning.
The thing is, it's nothing to take seriously, the anime even tonned down many scenes but when i read the manga at the time i wasn't even "ohh this is unnecessary" because it's very clear that is just a joke, is just one panel and thats it, but in the anime people just started to overreact about this taking everything out of proportion, and in this last episode it seems like just came back at full force (with certain person in this forum being a absolute toxic show on Twitter attacking the author and fans) as if it's the first time people saw fanservice in a anime, i do wonder what would happen if Kenichi ever gets a new anime or Kimi wa 008 xD

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
That Dragon Slayers looks, uh, interesting.

CHRISTAN

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Yoshiaki Sukeno (author of "Twin Star Exorcist" from Jump SQ) will launch "Senpai ga Boku o Tori ni Kiteru" manga series in Kodansha's Magazine Pocket app on December 5.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Synopsis:
"The romantic comedy story centers on a girl with giant breasts and a boy "like a small animal." Ken Yamada is a student council officer who starts to feel like his life is in danger. The beautiful and intelligent student council president Rei Jinjūji utilizes her giant chest for her own ends. When Rei presses her breasts against Ken, he feels like she is trying to kill him."

SOURCE:

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States

Gotoubun no Hanayome ends in 14 volumes.
This recent chapter should mark the end of Volume 13, meaning we're less than 10 chapters from the end. Holy fucking shit, he did it. The madman actually made the genki girl/childhood friend win a harem bowl. i have never seen this in my life.

EDIT: Still a little apprehensive because anything can happen, but this right here is real hard evidence that this isn't a bait and switch.

Last edited:

Chuck_Atlas

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Well shit, there goes one down, time to see when SDS and DomeKano announce their endings officially

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well shit, there goes one down, time to see when SDS and DomeKano announce their endings officially
The fall of the old guards begins. Weekly Shonen Magazine's really gonna look a lot different by the end of 2020. I think more anime adaptations will be announced to boost other manga as we transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.