Hangout - MangaHelpers Awards 2020 - Hangout | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout MangaHelpers Awards 2020 - Hangout

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Gajeel the Promoter
Chapter 1; The Anime League
(please Sky don't delete this it took forever :feelsbadman)
Welcome good people. As you can see, the MangaHelpers Awards are currently taking place for it's second year in our magnificent forum. Here we nominate, as a community, who we think are the bests for each categories going from Best Opening to Best Manga of 2019 to Best Adaption of 2019 and so on. There is no better feeling than being a strong family supporting each other's nominations and talk trashing behind our screens whenever we see Black Clover getting nominated somewhere am I right? Now, as you may know, there is also a possibility to earn a badge with a character from the series that you bet on if you win the game. That's exactly where my ad comes in handy. Would you like to get the best chances at winning this award? Do you want to see Deku or Eren as your badge? Or do you simply want a place where you can see other people's opinions on manga and anime? Then you're at the right place! The Anime League is the perfect answer to those requests!

The Anime League is a place where you can share your favourite seasonal anime with around 13 active people each week but we don't talk about that. There, you will be up to news with every new anime each season and you will also be able to see what people think about that anime or that other anime. That way, you will have an idea about what the MH community likes and what it dislikes and that's how it can be helpful for this event. It might no cover the manga part but it will definitely be a strong point for the anime ones. Now you might be asking yourself, on what do I base myself to make such statements. Well dear readers, here are the stats that I was able to cultivate from last year MangaHelpers' awards.

we will not take into consideration that Arjuna won the Awards by betting on a manga series that has nothing to do with anime.
So as you can see, only Anime League players have won the MangaHelpers Awards in the past! Your chances at winning this game will rise up to 77% for next year's event if you start now! Now I know that some of you might say that you do not have enough time to participate in the Anime League and I can understand, but please consider it. The minimum requirement is to watch 3 episodes each week which will only steal you 1h10 of your time each week. You only need to share your top 3 each Sunday (and it would be gladly appreciated if you could comment on your choices too :) ).

Oh why am I so desperate you're asking? Well, we've been under the tyranny of Count Wowzers the Groot since Fall 2017 and no one has enough power to take him down. Therefore, we need more people so we can take his throne and start a new era of the Anime League where a big community share and comment on what they watched each week. That you are 50 years old or 13 years old, a shy person or a joyful one, an active user or that person that shall be reading this in 2022 while lurking through the deep parts of the MangaHelpers forum, anyone is welcomed. Please take in consideration my advertisement and with that being said, let's have a fun MangaHelpers awards.

Do not feel obliged to participate in the Anime League if you really can't or if you don't want. I will not be tagging people for those same reasons.
Have a nice day,

Last edited:

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gajeel the Promoter
Chapter 1; The Anime League
(please Sky don't delete this it took forever :feelsbadman)
Welcome good people. As you can see, the MangaHelpers Awards are currently taking place for it's second year in our magnificent forum. Here we nominate, as a community, who we think are the bests for each categories going from Best Opening to Best Manga of 2019 to Best Adaption of 2019 and so on. There is no better feeling than being a strong family supporting each other's nominations and talk trashing behind our screens whenever we see Black Clover getting nominated somewhere am I right? Now, as you may know, there is also a possibility to earn a badge with a character from the series that you bet on if you win the game. That's exactly where my ad comes in handy. Would you like to get the best chances at winning this award? Do you want to see Deku or Eren as your badge? Or do you simply want a place where you can see other people's opinions on manga and anime? Then you're at the right place! The Anime League is the perfect answer to those requests!

The Anime League is a place where you can share your favourite seasonal anime with around 13 active people each week but we don't talk about that. There, you will be up to news with every new anime each season and you will also be able to see what people think about that anime or that other anime. That way, you will have an idea about what the MH community likes and what it dislikes and that's how it can be helpful for this event. It might no cover the manga part but it will definitely be a strong point for the anime ones. Now you might be asking yourself, on what do I base myself to make such statements. Well dear readers, here are the stats that I was able to cultivate from last year MangaHelpers' awards.

we will not take into consideration that Arjuna won the Awards by betting on a manga series that has nothing to do with anime.
So as you can see, only Anime League players have won the MangaHelpers Awards in the past! Your chances at winning this game will rise up to 77% for next year's event if you start now! Now I know that some of you might say that you do not have enough time to participate in the Anime League and I can understand, but please consider it. The minimum requirement is to watch 3 episodes each week which will only steal you 1h10 of your time each week. You only need to share your top 3 each Sunday (and it would be gladly appreciated if you could comment on your choices too :) ). The only excuse that I shall accept fully is if you tell me; ''You know, I used to be an anime watcher like you until I took an arrow to the knee'' and that arrow refers to a baby.

Oh why am I so desperate you're asking? Well, we've been under the tyranny of Count Wowzers the Groot since Fall 2017 and no one has enough power to take him down. Therefore, we need more people so we can take his throne and start a new era of the Anime League where a big community share and comment on what they watched each week. That you are 50 years old or 13 years old, a shy person or a joyful one, an active user or that person that shall be reading this in 2022 while lurking through the deep parts of the MangaHelpers forum, anyone is welcomed. Please take in consideration my advertisement and with that being said, let's have a fun MangaHelpers awards.

Do not feel obliged to participate in the Anime League if you really can't or if you don't want. I will not be tagging people for those same reasons.
Have a nice day,
Gajeel, I accept your plea for I am the child of prophecy, dattebayo!

Last edited:

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This past year, I've picked up maybe a couple anime series per season, and haven't followed any manga with regular consistency since Claymore ended (which was the manga that brought me to these forums to begin with :P), so with a small pool to begin with, standouts that I would consider worthy of nomination are even harder to find.

That said, might throw in something here or there, not so much to try to win anything, but just as a different perspective, or to bring attention to some more obscure or less popular choices that may get passed by.

Now to try to remember exactly what aired in 2019...

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Hmm just want to know, when will it end tomorrow, I hope it's late 29 so I can nominate when I come home after my tests

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have a few questions:
1-For cover do we count Japanese or English release?
2-Are inner covers allowed or just the front cover? If not, are those chapter covers allowed on the best page category?

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
And here I am nominating at the last minute, again...

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finished voting, now it’s time for the Super Bowl.

Reactions: Sky

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The semifinals are over!

We will take a short break to prepare and then return with the great finale!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Aaaaaand we are live again!
Vote for your favourites in the final round of the MangaHelpers Awards!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally got the chance to come in an vote. Got to say usually I'm horrified when I jump into the last round of a something like this and see what made it. Not this year. Pat yourselves on the back. In my subjective opinion you all did pretty good.:verily

There were only like 3 categories that hurt my feelings.:feelsgoodman

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bronze finish in the betting game, I’ll take it in my debut participating in the awards. @Gajeel sensei I promise I will reach even higher. Congrats @Sky and @Arjuna, but watch out next year, I’m right there.