Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk | Page 414 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2020] - Discussion and ToC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
MANGAHELPERS "TOC" POLL ISSUE #51 - VOTING!

The poll for issue #51 is now open, vote for your favorite chapters of the week clicking HERE!

Alongside the release of Sakamoto Days, the extra series this week are:

-Dragon Ball Super 66
-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 52
-Ghost Reaper Girl 10

Good Votes!

Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=Halloween]Henceforth, I will be deleting posts that complain about Weekly Shonen Jump having too many/not enough gag/battle/exorcism/sports/etc series.

These posts are not insightful, and do not meaningfully contribute to this thread. Also, this decision is not up for discussion, so posts discussing this decision will also be deleted.[/mod]

Last edited:

Ryuusei

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
呪 僕 O マ ブ S C D 破 C B 夜 C 僕 あ 灼 ぼ チ 高 ア 森 A 仄 ぼ 次号カラー ヒロアカ アンデラ 夜桜 約ネバ 道産子 GIGA 岸本先生が描くコラボポスター 爆豪クリアファイル
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP)
My Hero Academia
One Piece
Mashle
Black Clover
Sakamoto Days (CP)
Dr. Stone
Magu-chan: God of Destruction (CP)
Build King
Mission: Yozakura Family
Me & Roboco
Ayakashi Triangle (CP)
Shakunetsu no Niraikanai
We Never Learn
Chainsaw Man
Koukousei Kazoku
Undead Unluck
Moriking
Agravity Boys
Honomieru Shounen
Bokura no Ketsumei

Issue #1
Cover & LCP: My Hero Academia
CP: Undead Unluck, Mission: Yozakura Family, The Promised Neverland, Dosanko Gyaru wa Namaramenkoi

GIGA Preview
Collab poster by Kishimoto
Bakugou clear file

Last edited:

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Vigilantes -My Hero Academia Illegals- #9
Plus, the subtle foreshadowing in that cover....
Shirakumo means "white cloud". Kurogiri means "black mist".
That foreshadowing is fucking genius, and this is now my favorite Vigilantes cover. I REALLY hope that they adapt part of this into the anime as it'll definitely help with context.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Again, I feel like the duo behind Vigilante should move away from the series and start their own series without a connection to an existing universe

I like Vigilante just fine but I think the connection to MHA is the worse thing about the series

anyway...speaking of sales, pretty strong week to Dr Stone, but it's 6 days worth right? let's see how it holds up, curious to see where it goes
Platinum End the new king of the 30k club lel

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Again, I feel like the duo behind Vigilante should move away from the series and start their own series without a connection to an existing universe

I like Vigilante just fine but I think the connection to MHA is the worse thing about the series

anyway...speaking of sales, pretty strong week to Dr Stone, but it's 6 days worth right? let's see how it holds up, curious to see where it goes
Well, good thing is, Vigilantes is nearing the endgame now. Hopefully, the duo can take this experience and turn it into a worthwhile career.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I'm just curious as to why Vigilantes isn't on Manga+. One Punch Man I can understand since I think it's on Young Jump's site rather than WSJ, Jump SQ, or Jump+, but Vigilantes is a Jump+ manga.

I used to read it every week but lost track of it last year because Viz stopped supporting their app on Kindle, so I had to switch to Manga+ which still works.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm just curious as to why Vigilantes isn't on Manga+. One Punch Man I can understand since I think it's on Young Jump's site rather than WSJ, Jump SQ, or Jump+, but Vigilantes is a Jump+ manga.

I used to read it every week but lost track of it last year because Viz stopped supporting their app on Kindle, so I had to switch to Manga+ which still works.
Yeah, makes zero sense, they could also be releasing the Team Up Mission spinoff from Saikyo Jump that looks quite interesting but they aren't too, they didn't even bothered to pick Quartet Knight (BC spinoff) that no Manga Editor were translating at the time, sometimes they do miss a lot of potential stuff but pick things like Hina Change or Dear Sa-chan

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guys, if you wish to further discuss Vigilantes plot and the like, please do so in that series specific section/thread.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
oh man!!! all this talk about Vigilante made me remember!!
I forgot to do my annual update on JUMP BATTLE MANGA FUTURE

Koko dake no himitsuby Iwamoto Naoki (magico): not published yet, (edited: Iwamoto published in November 2018 a one shot in JumpSQ.Rise called Eiru ga Matte Iru)
DAME GAME by Horie Ryuu : not published yet, Horie Ryuu currently does Yuusha to Maou no Love Come in Manga Life Storia
Kachigumi! by Miura Satoru : not published yet
Iron Knight by Yagi Tomohiro : cancelled, and so was Red Sprite, Yagi last work is Wasuremono Tantei oneshot in 2018
Yoakemono by Shibata Yuusaku : cancelled, currently does Zipman!!
Jorei Senshi Kitamakura-kun by Kukita Fumiaki : not published yet
Kaizou Ningen Rogii by Miki Yuu : cancelled, Miki didn't do much after Ginatashiki miniseries in 2016
Kaibutsu Kangoku by Oosuga Gen : not published yet, he did Golem Hearts which was cancelled, his newest work is Fantasies oneshot in 2019
Stealth Symphony by Narita & Amano : cancelled, Narito does Dead Mount Death Play and Amano's Mist Gears Blast got cancelled
Parasite B/Mitsukubi Condor by Ishiyama Ryo : cancelled, Ryo did Amalgam of Distortion which was cancelled and his most recent work was Hakamori Shounen Juuju Henkei oneshot in GIGA this past December
EGG KNOCKER by Furuhashi Hideyuki & Miyokawa Masaru : not published yet, Hideyuki does Vigilante & Masaru does Shijin-sou no Satsujin both ongoing on Jump Plus
Shippuu no Nakayoshi by Suganuma Tatsuya: not published yet, Suganuma Tatsuya last work was Risky Magician oneshot last year

Last edited:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
oh man!!! all this talk about Vigilante made me remember!!
I forgot to do my annual update on JUMP BATTLE MANGA FUTURE

Koko dake no himitsuby Iwamoto Naoki (magico): not published yet Iwamoto Naoki is missing ever since Meteor Syndrome
Iwamoto published in November 2018 a one shot in JumpSQ.Rise called "Eiru ga Matte Iru", for some reason this isnt listed in most of Database sites despite the entire magazine's issue raw being available to download. The color page:

DreamcastDazia

Reaction score
Country
England

Why? Its always affected the main manga. Since the beginning. Is this a problem you have always had it just a problem now?

Ebrietas-

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
So I'm not allowed to have an opinion on One Piece other than putting it on a pedestal?
There is a big difference between "I don't care about One Piece characters" and "People today don't like One Piece characters" which is not an opinion but a factually wrong biased statement. Straw Hats still clearly some of the most popular manga characters and even when its nearly 100 volumes long the manga still sells absurdly high numbers with nothing else other than Kimetsu comparing so obviously people still care

Dellinger

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Guys, if you really want to debate my One Piece opinions with me, do it in PMs. This thread is not the place for it.
What opinions ? You can’t even back them up.

Also this thread is just fine since it’s a WSJ discussion thread

NeeNeen

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
maybe also add some jump plus titles?
I'd like to, but I don't have any rankings or sales of Jump+ titles to serve as an example. The dynamic probably isn't the same as for WSJ titles.

It's worth noting that Yozakura and Mitama also had the unusual occurrence of premiering after Kimetsu's entire backlog was taking up 17-18 slots that the other series didn't have to attempt to compete with. If I was trying to be fair and exclude this outlier event, I'd say Yozakura probably would've wound up between Chainsawman and Act-Age, while Mitama likely would've been between Samurai 8 volumes 1 and 2.
But every new series from now on will have that (as long as Kimetsu keeps going), so it's not all that unusual anymore. It's probably easier to adapt the other way around and just add 17-18 to the rank of the older titles if you want to compare them.

It is, but only in Spanish for some reason.

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Why? Its always affected the main manga. Since the beginning. Is this a problem you have always had it just a problem now?
it's a problem I've since the beginning
I enjoy Koichi's and the gang adventures and interactions but the world feels small and limited and they can't really do anything significant in it since this is a prequel

but my biggest issue is the tie-ins from the main series
to me whenever a character from the main series shows up it always feel forced, outta of place and they add nothing to the story

they can't build tension with them since we know the like of Ingenium or Aizawa or whoever shows up survived whatever will be thrown at them
not to mention the story takes place in a world where All Might have not retired yet so why the worry? surely the world greatest hero will deal with any serious threat

Xzone

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
There is a big difference between "I don't care about One Piece characters" and "People today don't like One Piece characters" which is not an opinion but a factually wrong biased statement. Straw Hats still clearly some of the most popular manga characters and even when its nearly 100 volumes long the manga still sells absurdly high numbers with nothing else other than Kimetsu comparing so obviously people still care
To be honest, I don't like(and many people agree) many Strawhats characters after the time skip tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.