Theory - Black Clover Eclipse Manifestation... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Black Clover Eclipse Manifestation...

Will Devils Retain Their Own Body or Manifest in the Body of people akin to Elf Rez Arc?

• Yes Devils Will Retain Their Own Body when they flood the world...

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No Devils Shall Manifest akin to Elf Arc via Possession of existing bodies...

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Daoloth

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Salve I ask anybody who reads this to take the time to vote for what they think will happen... Those that read Berserk will understand this better than those who don't... Essentially Black Clover is likely to have an event happen where their world is flooded by Devils... This could be by opening a gate between the Underworld much like the Shadow Palace did if recall that. I originally thought they would have their own physical form if they entered the world... Then I started to think of another theory that I'll present in greater detail now...

I think its possible the Devils much like the Elf Rez arc will take over bodies of existing people who are already tainted... Nathan when he used his spell curse candle ritual disk or so noticed a fair amt of flames of different sizes depending on the hex or curse... Henry for example had a rather decent sized one indicating he has been cursed, while an even bigger flame existed in the Heart Kingdom from Loro being hexed. There were a fair amt of tiny or smaller flames which I think can be representations of those who are cursed to tainted by stealing the mana of the Elves along with murdering them. I'll give a few examples of how I think it will manifest along with those it will possess. I think anybody that was taken over the the Elf Rez Arc would be possible though I'm going to present mostly those who were not...

1st Henry we know is cursed, he has a condition where he has to absorb mana to maintain his life... He uses reinforcement magic to keep himself alive by doing this... I can see a Devil taking him over which will make his body strong while boosting his ability... So I see the Black Bull base becoming more devilish, like a giant Minotaur or Gorismo... Where he drains the mana of living things like Vegetation causing it to die much like Asta has shown in certain clips. We also know the Spade Kingdom had tech setup where it drained the mana of people to make their fortress move... Hence I think Henry will be able to capture people when the Devil takes him draining their mana to power him to become vastly stronger. It will be like the Rampaging Devil or something like that instead of the current Bull. Then they will have to try to find a way to save Henry for free him from this without killing him...

2nd King Clover I think is a false King, I believe the Clovers like him along w/ Damnatio including the Magic Parl seized power from the rightful lineage of Silva along with Vermillion if not others. I think he is tied to the Chancellor who was taken over by Zagred or directly connected to that person shown in the black shadow stealing the mana along w/ the others before the elf massacre. I can see a Devil taking him over if he isn't already a Devil pretending to be weak and useless. His Light magic will become Darklight or Devil Light magic making him a pretty difficult enemy to defeat. They need to maintain the lie so the truth of how they obtained power is never revealed. I think for sure he will turn out to be a bad guy one way or another that perhaps will be killed by Sekke the King Slayer :). Remember this is same idiot that was ready to have Yuno along w/ Asta put to death... If only he knew Yuno's real heritage then he would have probably shut his stupid idiotic mouth :).

3rd Damnatio has shown he was ready to murder a child for simply looking at people... I'm not sure there any existing or prior laws that would ever allow something like that to happen. If anything Marie even in the elf form was being forced to use her magic or gaze by her brother who would be found guilty as her guardian. His threats to Asta would have resulted in civil war at best making the kingdom weak to be taken over by Spade or Diamond. That Damnatio would destroy the kingdom to keep the corrupt people in power including himself is more than enough evidence. The tactics he used would make me think if a Devil took him over he would become a better person. His artifact along with magic would be rather lethal when Devil powered. The fact he would even rule against his own family shows himself to be wicked. You can look into history for many examples of this, even stories like Man in the Iron Mask. Its common for a family member to kill his siblings or relatives one way or another to gain power. I'm not being critical at all, yet look into the House of Saud, how the current person who rules Saudi got his power. That is broken up into like Fiefdom's its pretty interesting they have their own laws or ruler but he is the main leader there... North Korea you often hear stories of him feeding his relative to his dogs... Usurpers tend to do this as well. I suspect the Clover House married into the Silva and Vermilion... The father was probably a Clover, when the Prince/Princess didn't produce an heir they were able to grab the seat of power. Keeping the true history from ever coming out while showing the Clover is the hero helped them keep this hold for over 500 years. Anybody that is a threat to them keeping power they use the corrupt court systems or laws to get rid of. Italy has some of the harshest laws against the mob while those in power are the real criminals... Even in the USA people like Cuomo or De Blassio are worse than any mobster... Irish Mafia had like Whitey Bulger I think it was who had Senator as brother or something... Everything I seen shown form Clovers is that they are corrupt while least the Silva family or Vermillion are half decent. Even those powerful families fear this guy, those who should be beyond this kind of fear know he is bad news...

4th Langris has already shown he has seed of evil to manifest the Sinister Mana etc... He always makes me think of the Marquis De Sade, he is rated a 5 in cold heartedness so I think a Devil would make him a nicer guy. His magic would be very dangerous, even more than when he was the elf. I do think most were rooting for him in the elf form to kill King Clover so I think this would be the 2nd time he was a bad guy not the 3rd time is the charm :). Though they have a lot of triads in BC, doing things in 3, even in comedy they think doing it 3 times if funnier or what they call pro wrestling these days. Damian from the Omen is another guy I could see Langris being, after they save him from the Devil maybe he will become a decent person :).

5th Lucifero I think might take over the King of Clover Kingdom then use its own military to fight each other... In general I think those related to Dark Triad will take over their hosts sending them to hell... Either way I don't think it will work out for them, though the world will be a better place in the end even if it don't go as they expected :).

6th Loropechika Queen/Princess of Heart Kingdom... This might be where she dies or tells Noelle she has to make the contract w/ Undine then agree to become the next Queen of Heart in her place according to the contract... I'm not sure if this would bind her to stay in Heart of if she can still travel etc. We are told that Loro will die from the curse, that might still be true, maybe she will turn into something akin to what Licht did when he used Forbidden Magic... I could see Megicula actually taking over this body if the gates are opened or the tree of death or whatever... I had to edit this since I forgot to mention this at last second hehe. She would probably be pretty dangerous to try to take down, I could even see her die spawning a Devil like in Aliens when they burst from the stomach :). You get the idea, maybe the reason to curse her is to allow a Devil to spawn from her death or take her over when they complete what needs to be...

There other characters I could think of including Gordon's family or anybody that has non commoner blood that hasn't been taken over already by elves... I wonder how the Witch Queen is connected as I think she used devil fused magic from language in spellbook. I thought she had a clover on it but might be wrong. My guess is she would be the mother of original Wizard King or somebody important or that stole mana from elves. I think using Forbidden Magic eventually will turn a person into a devil especially if they are beloved by the mana like an elf. Secre was too weak so she only became some sorta Cambion or Anti-Magic Bird... Its unclear to me if a Devil gains your body sending you to underworld or you literally become a devil staying in this world or getting sent there physically. You already see the curse of Weg gives people horns or other things that slowly make them look more like a Devil. Licht was able to manifest himself into a Demon but seemed to have lost control for the most part. I would not be surprised to find out Asta's Devil is somebody Damnatio sentenced to death including his own father heh.

Let me know what theories you might have related to this via reply... Vote for what think either way even if decide not to comment... I'm real interested to see how people think this will go down. I'd like to know why you voted the way you did as well if possible ;).

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Very interesting parallels with real world stuff.
Though i am not sure what the exact Berserk comparison is here, what is Eclipse compared to.
While i dont think we will get a shonen type Eclipse in BC, i do kinda think we will get the merging of the other world with the real world, aka Great Roar of the Astral World (a global event that happened in Berserk) where the physical world merged with the Astral world. With the merging, probably after the Spade arc, mythical creatures and devils/demons will ascend and spread throughout the continent. My guess

2) While not outright stated, I also think it was kinda hinted that the Kira family was one of the leading nobles that got manipulated by the devil and stole the magic of the elves, which is why the current royal families have this much magic power, especially the Kira. With the death of Lumiere and Tetia, the true royal family kinda died out and as time passed the Silvamillions got replaced by their cousin/branch families Silva and Vermillions. The Kira now having the colossal magic power of the elves basically stole themselves into being the leading royal family and taking on the Clover name. The Clover name aint a family name, but just a title that is given to the ruling family, thats actually a neat nod to medieval times and how royal families worked in our history.
I think, since centuries passed the truth about the nobles got kinda lost and i doubt it will be addressed anymore, unless the remaining elves demand justice, but its nice to have that information back in your head for potential future revelations.

I'll read the rest of the post some time later :grin2 the Berserk and the Kira family things caught my eye so i just wanted to respond to it with a quick post.

To answer the real question, i think that when the "door" to the other world opens, the devils will come pouring out with their own bodies, not needing a vessel like with the corrupted 4 leaf grimoires.

Last edited:

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Very interesting parallels with real world stuff.
Though i am not sure what the exact Berserk comparison is here, what is Eclipse compared to.
While i dont think we will get a shonen type Eclipse in BC, i do kinda think we will get the merging of the other world with the real world, aka Great Roar of the Astral World (a global event that happened in Berserk) where the physical world merged with the Astral world. With the merging, probably after the Spade arc, mythical creatures and devils/demons will ascend and spread throughout the continent. My guess

2) While not outright stated, I also think it was kinda hinted that the Kira family was one of the leading nobles that got manipulated by the devil and stole the magic of the elves, which is why the current royal families have this much magic power, especially the Kira. With the death of Lumiere and Tetia, the true royal family kinda died out and as time passed the Silvamillions got replaced by their cousin/branch families Silva and Vermillions. The Kira now having the colossal magic power of the elves basically stole themselves into being the leading royal family and taking on the Clover name. The Clover name aint a family name, but just a title that is given to the ruling family, thats actually a neat nod to medieval times and how royal families worked in our history.
I think, since centuries passed the truth about the nobles got kinda lost and i doubt it will be addressed anymore, unless the remaining elves demand justice, but its nice to have that information back in your head for potential future revelations.

I'll read the rest of the post some time later :grin2 the Berserk and the Kira family things caught my eye so i just wanted to respond to it with a quick post.

To answer the real question, i think that when the "door" to the other world opens, the devils will come pouring out with their own bodies, not needing a vessel like with the corrupted 4 leaf grimoires.
Thanks I was trying really hard to think how to word the question and title :). I thought the Eclipse was the merging part when everything went crazy etc... I wasn't expecting Yami to lose an eye or watch Dante have his way while he watched w/ Vanessa etc ;). I was thinking how the initial part then the aftermath without the X rated content hehe ;). I do think it will be edgy, though not have an 18+ to read or anything hehe.

I was taking the name Clover literally... I was thinking Silvamillion was like the mother who was from both of those houses... Like how people do the last names with -'s for their maiden name then the new last name etc. King Diamond didn't seem odd to me since I like Mercyful Fate along w/ his solo stuff. Queen of Hearts, yet I guess for Spade it don't quite work thinking of King Spade hehe. I wonder if Finesse would get taken over too since she has that weird weak condition or was sickly.

I also thought it might be like a 7 deadly sins type of aspect. Where if you have a severe or high degree of something like greed or arrogance in case of King Clover it would lead to getting taken over. I would guess in many cases the mother of those who were taken over by elves are of the lines who stole their mana. Does that mean its Damnatio Kira not Clover as his last name? For Yuno to get taken over it must have meant his parents line were guilty of something too. The magic parliament must be corrupt keeping certain families in power to keep their control over the kingdom. I notice a trend where a parent dies young or under strange circumstances or we never see them or get a name. Luck/Finrall/Noelle among others so its probably going to be some reason or connection shown eventually.

What started to get me thinking of them taking over bodies was how William used that spell to regain the lost souls of humans while sending Elves back. I figure that Tree of Death or whatever would be a bit or a reverse where Devils take the tainted or cursed souls over while they are sent to Hell basically or Underworld etc...

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I voted they will retain their bodies. I can't recall too clearly but did Zagred want to take over peoples bodies or was he just after a grimoire? It seemed to me his body worked just fine, but maybe it was the dimension they were in that made it easier for him to operate? I think it comes down to how they can function outside of their realm. Dante/Lucifero, Vanica/Megicula seem to be mutually beneficial relationships so in a way it seems the devils need hosts, at least for a while. But after they complete the ritual for the Tree of Qliphoth it remains to be seen whether the hosts will still be necessary.

Daoloth

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I voted they will retain their bodies. I can't recall too clearly but did Zagred want to take over peoples bodies or was he just after a grimoire? It seemed to me his body worked just fine, but maybe it was the dimension they were in that made it easier for him to operate? I think it comes down to how they can function outside of their realm. Dante/Lucifero, Vanica/Megicula seem to be mutually beneficial relationships so in a way it seems the devils need hosts, at least for a while. But after they complete the ritual for the Tree of Qliphoth it remains to be seen whether the hosts will still be necessary.
Zagred wanted to take over Licht's body so he would "Be Immune to Light Magic" so he could defeat Lumiere... He also wanted to have the spellbook so he would be able to properly manifest his full power using spells... Prior to that he seemed to exist in some sorta black cloud form akin to Dimple from Mob Psycho where he was able to take over the Chancellor to attack Lumiere to tie him up so he could complete his plan having the humans steal the mana then kill the elves and Tetia. Its very unclear how he was able to take over control of David Swallow when he was Baval then Lonne or Ronne... I've yet to see anybody show me where Lonne/Ronne came from as for any magical knight squad like the rest of the elves. I always thought he was the traitor because of that, they seem to pass out after he exists their body. I thought Ronne/Lonne died when he when Zagred got his body back, I think they escape Shadow Palace with him according to some fan wiki I read but didn't remember seeing it personally. Licht can't seem to use any magic without those artifact swords that drain mana, he had too much mana to drain using that magical item. Hence they probably charge when he holds them, yet in the Demon King form he was able to use the 4 elements making me think its linked to primordial or chaos while Devils are Lawful organized etc. Then I think Zagred hid in the 4 leaf Light spellbook that would pick Patri which really confuses me. Where did that book come from if Lumiere still had his light magic book from the statue etc...

I'm pretty sure everybody that benefited from stealing mana of the elves was going to end up dead or taken over by Devils if not their prodigny or offspring whatever term. Eye of the Midnight had all of their members wearing the eye/key necklaces die when the Elves were brought back including Sally, Rades etc. I'm least 50/50 expecting the Dark Triad to lose their bodies, Devils only use people they don't have anything of mutual benefit. You never gain or benefit when working with Devils or things of that nature they always have a plan to make pay w/ soul or whatever ;). Its possible they will become Devils when they lose their bodies which is how the sub devils are made.. While they have more Eternal ones or those that were Fallen Angels, Gods, things of that nature.

I was 100% sure at one point Yami would break the barrier Dante was talking to which would let them flood into the world. While they might be able to obtain a 5 leaf from turning somebody who has a 4 leaf into despair to gain a spellbook. They would not be able to get them from the tower like the other mages. Then I thought they would either be a solid body entering this world, a spirit body akin to Salamander, Sylph, Undine, or a floating cloud like Zagred was that can take over certain people who meet a criteria. They are pretty weak compared to their full potential if they don't have a spellbook to allow them to use spells from the underworld or whatever. Why would Zagred go to all that trouble, even another 500 years to get a spellbook along with reclaiming his own body if it wasn't important to have it?

Yami has dark magic that he uses a sword to conduct or channel akin to how Asta has the artifact swords that allow him to use the Anti or dispelling type of magic besides his own power of swords. Hence I figure the Tree of Qliphoth will basically work the same way the tree did when Asta did his thing to help William restore the human souls to their bodies etc. I'm thinking if they complete the spell they are planning the Devils will take the bodies of hosts who are tainted by seed of evil that stole the mana/their ancestors did the deed etc. Then they would at least have spellbooks which would make them more powerful while also having bodies people might care about to try to restore the souls into. Zagred was probably setting things up for them to do this before he was stopped besides having his own motivations or goals. Fighting him in the Shadow Palace he was much weaker than if he was able to escape there into their world as well. I can only speculate if he took over Licht it was an upgrade over his existing body for him to abandon it... Given the name of the swords its likely they were banished/killed by them then sealed away by the pact of the ancient humans/elves.