Fantasy - Laxus and Jellal vs Hades | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Laxus and Jellal vs Hades

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Laxus

Jellal

Vs

Hades

Conditions
Laxus has the Power-Level he had during the Tenrou Arc
Jellal has the Power-Level he did during the Tower of Heaven Arc
Jellal has access to all of his spells
Jellal and Laxus are bloodlusted

Restrictions
Devils Heart
Demon's Eye
Fairy Law

Intent
To Kill

Distance
40 feet

Round 2

Conditions
Erza joins Jellal and Laxus
Erza starts in her Heaven's Wheel armor
Erza has the Power-Level she had during the Tenrou Arc
Laxus has the Power-Level he had during the Tenrou Arc
Jellal has the Power-Level he did during the Tower of Heaven Arc
Jellal has access to all of his spells
Hades starts with Demon's Eye active
Hades has access to the Devil's Heart for as long as he did in Canon
Everyone is bloodlusted

Restrictions
Fairy Law
Nakagami Armor

Intent
To Kill

Distance
40​

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hades both rounds, he was fucking around most of the fight and by the time he got serious the cats had already fucked him over. Plus Grimoire Law isn't restricted

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Hades both rounds.

Mid diff-high R1, high diff R2.

Even with GH and devil's eye restricted, he's still at a level where he can mid diff healthy Makarov, and is above Warrod who's >> Jura (GMG) ~ Laxus (GMG) > x784 Laxus/Jellol

Edit: just noticed Hades has access to GH and devil's eye in R2. He no diffs three of them in that case

Last edited:

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
I can see team win R1, they def win R2.

Hades both rounds.

Mid diff-high R1, high diff R2.

Even with GH and devil's eye restricted, he's still at a level where he can mid diff healthy Makarov, and is above Warrod who's >> Jura (GMG) ~ Laxus (GMG) > x784 Laxus/Jellol
I don't think base Hades is above Jura, let alone Warrod. I even think Gildarts could solo Hades even with DH during Tenrou, and Jura was said as strong as Tenrou Gildarts.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't think base Hades is above Jura, let alone Warrod. I even think Gildarts could solo Hades even with DH during Tenrou, and Jura was said as strong as Tenrou Gildarts.
Hades has forever been above Warrod in power. This was the portrayal regarding them in FT founding. Hades was the genius that Zeref taught, grasping concepts and power very fast, while Warrod was lagging behind. Hades also became the GM of FT, when Warrod was still around, again suggesting that he's the stronger among them.

Any way, being able to mid diff healthy Makarov is all I need to believe that Hades is superior to Jura. Makarov was the strongest 'good guy' of the series, before Alverass arc. This is why, the Spriggans' comparisions were made to Makarov. And not Jura, Laxus or Jellol. (regarding Brandish : "she is someone who is even above the level of gramps")
This (Hades being able to mid diff Makarov) is solely based on feats.
Though, to extend Hades above Warrod, I use portrayal between them as well.

Gildarts was only able to mid-high diff Bluenote, the 2nd in command of GH. What makes you think he can solo Hades? Also, pre timeskip, Makarov > Gildarts as well.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Hades has forever been above Warrod in power. This was the portrayal regarding them in FT founding. Hades was the genius that Zeref taught, grasping concepts and power very fast, while Warrod was lagging behind. Hades also became the GM of FT, when Warrod was still around, again suggesting that he's the stronger among them.

Any way, being able to mid diff healthy Makarov is all I need to believe that Hades is superior to Jura. Makarov was the strongest 'good guy' of the series, before Alverass arc. This is why, the Spriggans' comparisions were made to Makarov. And not Jura, Laxus or Jellol. (regarding Brandish : "she is someone who is even above the level of gramps")
This (Hades being able to mid diff Makarov) is solely based on feats.
Though, to extend Hades above Warrod, I use portrayal between them as well.

Gildarts was only able to mid-high diff Bluenote, the 2nd in command of GH. What makes you think he can solo Hades? Also, pre timeskip, Makarov > Gildarts as well.
Hades was stronger than Warrod when he was alive, then Warrod was stated much stronger than Jura who was compared to Gildarts. Base Hades is at best slighty stronger than Jura (which i don't think he is) but he's not much stronger than Jura unlike Warrod.

Gildarts was stronger than Makarov even during Tenrou and i'm pretty sure it was stated during Gildarts first appareance. Laxus was giving a match to Hades, Laxus who is much weaker than Gildarts during Tenrou. Hades is above Gildarts only with DH but Gildarts only has to explode the ship with the heart and fight against base Hades.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Hades was stronger than Warrod when he was alive, then Warrod was stated much stronger than Jura who was compared to Gildarts. Base Hades is at best slighty stronger than Jura (which i don't think he is) but he's not much stronger than Jura unlike Warrod.

Gildarts was stronger than Makarov even during Tenrou and i'm pretty sure it was stated during Gildarts first appareance. Laxus was giving a match to Hades, Laxus who is much weaker than Gildarts during Tenrou. Hades is above Gildarts only with DH but Gildarts only has to explode the ship with the heart and fight against base Hades.
Unless you think Warrord jumped up a tier in 7 years while being 120 years old and way past his prime, Warrod at x784 ~ Warrod at x791 < base Hades

Nah, Hades was way stronger. He defeated Laxus with a weaker attack than what Makarov tanked. At the end of the fight, he had no injuries as well. This isn't something a Jura tier will be able to accomplish.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Wait I thought Devil’s heart was what gave Hades his stamina and magic power.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Wait I thought Devil’s heart was what gave Hades his stamina and magic power.
It's something that Hades can activate, like FH for Zeref. When Hades uses GH, his MP jumps up tiers and he gains access to Devil's eye.
Without heart, he just reverts to his base, that's all. We saw that when Hades' heart got deactivated, he didn't suddenly became a weakling; it still required the combined effort Laxus and team Natsu, amped by Tenrou tree this time, to defeat him. See the final part of Hades' fight.

Sinister Spirit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Round 1: Not sure. In my opinion, a fight between Tenrou Gildarts and Base Hades would've been close, but only because Gildarts can crush Amaterasu seals before the formula is fully cast, making it complicated for Hades to cast an A100.
I do think Jellal + Laxus combined have more raw power than Gildarts, but they can't counter/weaken Hades' spells like him, so it's purely a matter of speed: Which would take less time to cast? Jellal's Abyss Break + Laxus' Secret Art combined, or Hades' Amaterasu 100? First hit should win.

Round 2: Hades low-mid diff. Adding Erza won't make a difference compared to Hades getting bloodlusted and using his full powers.

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Amateratsu 100 oneshots them all.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
i always thought marakarov was a tier above jellal, erza and laxus (going by erza performance against jose and laxus preparing himself to fight markarov in ff arc)
and i also thought only reason markarov lost to hades was because of number of advantages hades had in that fight.
so for me markarov =< hades
and markarov was a tier above jellal, erza and laxus.

i also thought laxus could have given a hades a mid diff fight if it wasnt for natsu contractual obligation of fighting the big boss.
i think jellal + laxus should have a chance of taken out hades if they played their cards right.