Fantasy - Jellal vs Azuma | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Jellal vs Azuma

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Jellal Fernandes

VS

Azuma

Conditions
Jellal is allowed to use 100% of his power
Jellal has the power-level he did during the ToH arc
Jellal has access to and uses all of his spells/magic
Azuma does not have access to the power of the Tenrou Tree
Jellal and Azuma are bloodlusted

Restrictions
None

Intent
To Kill

Starting Distance
30 feet

Round 2

Conditions

Jellal has access to 100% of his power
Jellal has access to all of his magic/spells
Jellal has the power-level he did during the ToH arc
Azuma has access to the power from the Tenrou Tree
Jellal is not nerfed by the loss of the Tenrou Tree
Jellal and Azuma are bloodlusted

Restrictions
None

Intent
To Kill

Starting Distance
50 Feet​

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
R1 : Jellal. mid-high diff

R2: can go either way. Azuma will have more fire power, while Jellal will have more mobility and versatility. I give Jellal extreme diff.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
R1, High diff for both sides, cant deside
R2. Azuma high-mid diff. I think if he hits him with Terra Clamare, it would be almost oneshot. But it is really hard to even land a hit on Jellal

Turntables

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love this idea, they both had big impacts on Erza.

R1-I'd give it to Azuma. Azuma just does better and takes a full on photon slicer from Erza. With the tree branches, he blocked multiple attacks easily from her. Meteor is fast, but all we know is that it's faster than that Natsu. Erza outdoes Natsu in speed as well even before she fights Azuma based on taking on Racer and Cobra at the same time.
R2-Defintely Azuma now. The tree literally gets faster movements and has taken Gildarts+the other members' powers. Tower Burst GG.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
R1) jellal might have a chance. but azuma is physically superior
R2) this azuma is far stronger than jellal.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Meteor was faster than Laxus too against Jura. He also used it to outclass Cobra and Racer.

Jellal's physicals are being underestimated here. DF Natsu slammed him through the tower, and he still kept fighting. Not sure why people are just assuming Azuma steamrolls here. With speed factored in, I'd even go so far to say Jellal has the advantage in h2h.

Also, depending on how much of a gap you think there is for Erza between TOH and Tenro, Jellal might actually have better attack power than base Azuma. I say this because Altaris supposedly would have killed Natsu or Erza. And if it wouldn't have, then Simon just killed himself for no reason.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meteor was faster than Laxus too against Jura. He also used it to outclass Cobra and Racer.

Jellal's physicals are being underestimated here. DF Natsu slammed him through the tower, and he still kept fighting. Not sure why people are just assuming Azuma steamrolls here. With speed factored in, I'd even go so far to say Jellal has the advantage in h2h.

Also, depending on how much of a gap you think there is for Erza between TOH and Tenro, Jellal might actually have better attack power than base Azuma. I say this because Altaris supposedly would have killed Natsu or Erza. And if it wouldn't have, then Simon just killed himself for no reason.
Meteor was barely faster than laxus. Yes he out sped pre ts bad guys.
But as far as we know jellal meteor is only faster than natsu. Nothing more
Speed is not factor here. While everything else goes to azuma. Meteor faster than natsu does not means its will cause any sort of problem for azuma
There is little gap, but it doesn't matter altars isnt killing anyone anymore than laxus lightening Halbert

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Speed is not factor here. While everything else goes to azuma. Meteor faster than natsu does not means its will cause any sort of problem for azuma
There is little gap, but it doesn't matter altars isnt killing anyone anymore than laxus lightening Halbert
It was much faster than Laxus. It blitzed Jura clean, and dodged a bunch of Jura's attacks while drawing the array for Grand Chariot. When Laxus tried to blitz Jura, he got smacked down. Twice. Jellal outspeed Racer and Midnight in Tartaros. That's after Racer got new magic to actually increase his speed and Cobra was a match for Erza in Starry Night. Granted this is post-timeskip Jellal, but it's not like the speed of meteor would have changed.

So why did Erza tried to shield Natsu? And why did Simon try to shield Erza? Surely if both Natsu and Erza could survive the hit, then Simon just killed himself.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe Laxus didn’t want to kill anyone

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was much faster than Laxus. It blitzed Jura clean, and dodged a bunch of Jura's attacks while drawing the array for Grand Chariot. When Laxus tried to blitz Jura, he got smacked down. Twice. Jellal outspeed Racer and Midnight in Tartaros. That's after Racer got new magic to actually increase his speed and Cobra was a match for Erza in Starry Night. Granted this is post-timeskip Jellal, but it's not like the speed of meteor would have changed.

So why did Erza tried to shield Natsu? And why did Simon try to shield Erza? Surely if both Natsu and Erza could survive the hit, then Simon just killed himself.
It was one time man. Barely a fight. Jura would handle that fine afterwards. That is why jellal had to resort to sema. Meteor wasn't gonna do sh!t.
Racer never got new magic. Starry arc isn't in the manga.
Racer and cobra together are around os erza speed. Azuma handled her just fine
Drama nothing more. Natus survived alot of things, doubt jellal mid tier spell will kill him. Especially since we know laxus strongest move didnt even kill wrecked gajeel.
And Yes, Simon killed himself. Mishma way of making drama.
We have to look at things from greater perspective. Jellal strongest move isn't alteris, it was abysal break. We have stronger characters than him, like zero and hades. They couldn't kill anyone. Jellal wasn't gonna do it either
Hell azuma tera clemare didnt kill erza. That sh!t had some magic from all guild members
Would you really put altaris say above haven Halbert by that much. What about the moves hades landed on the good guys
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maybe Laxus didn’t want to kill anyone
I dont think it works like that for every spell. Just fairy law and stuffs like that. Laxus or other would have noted that laxus attacks are weaker some how

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont think it works like that for every spell. Just fairy law and stuffs like that. Laxus or other would have noted that laxus attacks are weaker some how
Why would they noted his attacks were weaker. Personally I don’t know if someone could control their magic so it doesn’t kill anyone no matter how powerful it is. Of course the really reason why Laxus didn’t kill anyone was because Hiro didn’t want him to

It was one time man. Barely a fight. Jura would handle that fine afterwards. That is why jellal had to resort to sema. Meteor wasn't gonna do sh!t.
Drama nothing more. Natus survived alot of things, doubt jellal mid tier spell will kill him. Especially since we know laxus strongest move didnt even kill wrecked gajeel.
We have to look at things from greater perspective. Jellal strongest move isn't alteris, it was abysal break. We have stronger characters than him, like zero and hades. They couldn't kill anyone. Jellal wasn't gonna do it either
Hell azuma tera clemare didnt kill erza. That sh!t had some magic from all guild members
Would you really put altaris say above haven Halbert by that much. What about the moves hades landed on the good guys
I think Jellal had a hard time against Jura because Jura can defend himself from most of Jellal attacks which are mostly long range. Now Azum can also do the do the same thing

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why would they noted his attacks were weaker. Personally I don’t know if someone could control their magic so it doesn’t kill anyone no matter how powerful it is. Of course the really reason why Laxus didn’t kill anyone was because Hiro didn’t want him to

I think Jellal had a hard time against Jura because Jura can defend himself from most of Jellal attacks which are mostly long range. Now Azum can also do the do the same thing
Because his lightning isn't hax, well mostly. If his attacks could kill, that means it should be that strong. In other words, if laxus was subconsciously not trying to kill anyone, his attack power would go down. Something that would be noted by himself and Freed
I dont think weaker attacks can kill unless some sort of hax is involved

I think jura could even handle jellal meteor. Sure jellal would get one or two hits in, but nothing that will change the game
Same for azuma. Meteor isn't a game changer here

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because his lightning isn't hax, well mostly. If his attacks could kill, that means it should be that strong. In other words, if laxus was subconsciously not trying to kill anyone, his attack power would go down. Something that would be noted by himself and Freed
I dont think weaker attacks can kill unless some sort of hax is involved
Why would it matter if it’s hax or not. Like I said no one died because Hiro didn’t want anyone to die. Mages don’t need to use powerful attacks to kill someone and I don’t think how much power you put it a spell really matter either because most of the people that have killed someone didn’t use their strongest spell

I think jura could even handle jellal meteor. Sure jellal would get one or two hits in, but nothing that will change the game
Same for azuma. Meteor isn't a game changer here
I didn’t say anything about Meteor what I said was Jura’s magic was a good counter to Jellal’s magic

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I never said meteor hits hard. It does, however, make him Jellal faster than Laxus.

Sure he did. Racer didn't have any actual speed magic in Oracion Seis. He just slowed other people down. But I digress. Anyways:
]

I'd say Jellal is faster.

Sure....Abyss Break is probably even stronger than Altaris. Erza thought it would have smashed the entire tower of heaven. It probably would have heavily damaged DF Natsu, if not outright defeated him. Remember, the power for DF Natsu when he fought Zero came from Jellal. Zero and Hades could easily kill anyone from team Natsu.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why would it matter if it’s hax or not. Like I said no one died because Hiro didn’t want anyone to die. Mages don’t need to use powerful attacks to kill someone and I don’t think how much power you put it a spell really matter either because most of the people that have killed someone didn’t use their strongest spell

I didn’t say anything about Meteor what I said was Jura’s magic was a good counter to Jellal’s magic
Huh can't really comment on it. For me, if it's non hax, stronger spell should have higher chance of killing. But I can see where you are coming from.

I see
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I never said meteor hits hard. It does, however, make him Jellal faster than Laxus.

Sure he did. Racer didn't have any actual speed magic in Oracion Seis. He just slowed other people down. But I digress. Anyways:
]

Sure....Abyss Break is probably even stronger than Altaris. Erza thought it would have smashed the entire tower of heaven. It probably would have heavily damaged DF Natsu, if not outright defeated him. Remember, the power for DF Natsu when he fought Zero came from Jellal. Zero and Hades could easily kill anyone from team Natsu.
You are not taking things like jura was expecting laxus to do something like that. But he definitely wasn't expecting mystogan to drop his staves and start using heavenly body magic.
Again its still only one exchange.

We dont know racer magic changed from os to tartarus. Nothing is mentioned in the manga.

These panels means nothing. Sure post ts jellal is faster than pre ts erza. That isn't good.
Bad guys fall back in power ranking. Raijinshu got taken out by one demon gate. I doubt tartarus racer would be able to do anything against gmg gray. Minerva got low diffed by kayoka.

In pre ts time. Jellal meteor might have been as effective as racer slowing magic. People saying pre ts jellal is faster than os racer is just headcannon

No they couldn't either.
Zero most likely can't kill erza period
Unless hax is used or erza is magicless.
And we saw hades couldnt kill wendy without doing that strainy face hah Thing. and He couldn't kill magicless laxus. He has slim chances of killing something like erza

Killing is plot related. It might portray power but seriously when laxus can causally kill ajeel but jellal gc and sema can't kill angel. I think its plot related
--- Double Post Merged, ---

]

You are not taking things like jura was expecting laxus to do something like that. But he definitely wasn't expecting mystogan to drop his staves and start using heavenly body magic.

We dont know racer magic changed from os to tartarus. Nothing is mentioned in the manga.

These panels means nothing. Sure post ts jellal is faster than pre ts erza. That isn't good.
Bad guys fall back in power ranking. Raijinshu got taken out by one demon gate. I doubt tartarus racer would be able to do anything against gmg gray. Minerva got low diffed by kayoka.

In pre ts time. Jellal meteor might have been as effective as racer slowing magic. People saying pre ts jellal is faster than os racer is just headcannon

No they couldn't either.
And we saw hades couldnt kill wendy without doing that strainy face hah Thing. and He couldn't kill magicless laxus. He has slim chances of killing something like erza

Killing is plot related. It might portray power but seriously when laxus can causally kill ajeel but jellal gc and sema can't kill angel. I think its plot related

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

No they couldn't either.

Jellal charged at Jura. Jura made a wall to block, and Jellal ran around it and blitzed him anyways. I fail to see how this doesn't prove that Jellal is faster than Laxus. The guy even drew the circles for Grand Chariot while dodging Jura's attacks.

There's really no reason the events of the Starry Night arc aren't canon. The Zentopia cult from Starry Night is mentioned in the manga. Racer specifically got a suit that enhances his speed from that arc. He wears that suit in the manga.

Even if Jellal's speed improved over the timeskip, the same would be true for all the other characters he's fighting. Racer would have gotten faster. As would Laxus, Jura, ect. If Jellal was faster than them post-timeskip, then he was probably faster than them pre-timeskip too.

How does Erza survive genesis zero? Hades would have murked the whole group if Happy didn't destroy his heart. And really, even if altaris wouldn't have killed Erza or Natsu, even heavily damaging them would make him competitive with Azuma.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Huh can't really comment on it. For me, if it's non hax, stronger spell should have higher chance of killing. But I can see where you are coming from.
That’s the thing most of the characters that did kill someone didn’t use their strongest spell. So maybe strongest doesn’t always mean deadliest

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jellal charged at Jura. Jura made a wall to block, and Jellal ran around it and blitzed him anyways. I fail to see how this doesn't prove that Jellal is faster than Laxus. The guy even drew the circles for Grand Chariot while dodging Jura's attacks.

There's really no reason the events of the Starry Night arc aren't canon. The Zentopia cult from Starry Night is mentioned in the manga. Racer specifically got a suit that enhances his speed from that arc. He wears that suit in the manga.

Even if Jellal's speed improved over the timeskip, the same would be true for all the other characters he's fighting. Racer would have gotten faster. As would Laxus, Jura, ect. If Jellal was faster than them post-timeskip, then he was probably faster than them pre-timeskip too.

How does Erza survive genesis zero? Hades would have murked the whole group if Happy didn't destroy his heart. And really, even if altaris wouldn't have killed Erza or Natsu, even heavily damaging them would make him competitive with Azuma.
If they aren't in the manga then they are just fillers. Allowing manga to move forward than anime. Nothing more.
If racer had gotten faster than so has erigor gone stronger. You think erigor could replace natsu in tartarus arc.
Irrelevant bad guys don't get stronger. Atleast comparable to main characters. You honestly think tartarus racer could beat gmg gray?

Jellal is not that fast. Just one exchange is not enough.

Altaris would not heavily damage them either. Natsu will be Worst than gc but maybe stillset up. Erza is gonna get up in about as easily as she got up from tower brust of azuma. Maybe little worse. But nothing that will slow her down.

Genesis zero is hax. So plot to get out of it.
Hades murking them still doesn't put him near jellal altaris is weird as hell. This shows jellal isn't capable enough to kill natsu or erza, since even hades cant, atleast not easily

I think jellal gc would be around azuma tower brust. Alteris is above that. Abysal break is even above that. Tera clemare is above all of that.
But jellal magic isn't gonna help him against someone like azuma. Slow and long distance spells won't work against azuma

That’s the thing most of the characters that did kill someone didn’t use their strongest spell. So maybe strongest doesn’t always mean deadliest
Which makes no sense at all. But yeah you are correct. Stupid writing

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If they aren't in the manga then they are just fillers. Allowing manga to move forward than anime. Nothing more.
If racer had gotten faster than so has erigor gone stronger. You think erigor could replace natsu in tartarus arc.
Irrelevant bad guys don't get stronger. Atleast comparable to main characters. You honestly think tartarus racer could beat gmg gray?

Jellal is not that fast. Just one exchange is not enough.

Altaris would not heavily damage them either. Natsu will be Worst than gc but maybe stillset up. Erza is gonna get up in about as easily as she got up from tower brust of azuma. Maybe little worse. But nothing that will slow her down.

Genesis zero is hax. So plot to get out of it.
Hades murking them still doesn't put him near jellal altaris is weird as hell. This shows jellal isn't capable enough to kill natsu or erza, since even hades cant, atleast not easily

I think jellal gc would be around azuma tower brust. Alteris is above that. Abysal break is even above that. Tera clemare is above all of that.
But jellal magic isn't gonna help him against someone like azuma. Slow and long distance spells won't work against azuma
Events in the arc are literally referenced in the manga. Racer's speed boost comes from his new suit, which he now wears in the manga. Racer didn't have speed magic before. Now he can actually run fast.

Erigor probably has gotten stronger. In fact, he did. He was in the Starry Night arc too. This also doesn't help your argument. I think Tartaros Racer is still faster than GMG Gray. Whether or not he can beat Gray is a different story, but he took on Halphas Mirajane in Starry Night for a good while, so he wouldn't get stomped.

Jellal is faster than Laxus. One exchange is more than enough. You've shown me nothing.

Alright, so Simon killed himself. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about Jellal killing Simon from now on.

So no counters to Genesis Zero?

Hades was going to kill Natsu until Laxus interferred. And fairly casually too.

It's a good thing that Jellal is pretty fast then.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Events in the arc are literally referenced in the manga. Racer's speed boost comes from his new suit, which he now wears in the manga. Racer didn't have speed magic before. Now he can actually run fast.

Erigor probably has gotten stronger. In fact, he did. He was in the Starry Night arc too. This also doesn't help your argument. I think Tartaros Racer is still faster than GMG Gray. Whether or not he can beat Gray is a different story, but he took on Halphas Mirajane in Starry Night for a good while, so he wouldn't get stomped.

Jellal is faster than Laxus. One exchange is more than enough. You've shown me nothing.

Alright, so Simon killed himself. I don't want to hear anybody complaining about Jellal killing Simon from now on.

So no counters to Genesis Zero?

Hades was going to kill Natsu until Laxus interferred. And fairly casually too.

It's a good thing that Jellal is pretty fast then.
ok ok tell me how is the manga effected afterwards by OS new magic. does midnight uses gensis zero against august? does cobra stalemates an average springgan?
you dont know that. it took gray reasonable amount of time to figure out racer magic. after that arc, racer got almost zero screen time. i see no reason for mishma to upgrade something he aint gonna use.

ok i will refer you to the panel of erza with dual swords blitzing laxus so fast that he couldnt even raise his arms (unlike jura who created an entire wall). so tell me is current erza alot faster than current laxus. (one exchange is enough right?)

lol take that up with jellal

ah more fillers
there is no evidence that jellal meteor was faster than racer slowing magic pre ts. non at all

hades nearly killed wendy with that hah yell thing. i dont remember if its only in anime though. that was some effort. hades took as much time and effort to use that move which was supposed to kill natsu (?) as much as jellal did to charge up his altaris.

sadly no. azuma will handle jellal meteor as easily as he handled erza souring armor (i think that did happen in the manga). i think even more easily because erza went cqc with that armor, meanwhile jellal still have to stay away from azuma to do any sort of spell

Last edited: