Voting Round 1 - Gintoki Sakata vs. Shalltear Bloodfallen | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Gintoki Sakata vs. Shalltear Bloodfallen

Who wins?

• Gintoki Sakata

• Shalltear Bloodfallen

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gintoki when he realized he pulled this matchup and got inserted into this game as fodder.

Look I love Gin. He's great. And he is more badass than he generally gets credit for with how he gets matched up against like space aliens and monsters as well as samurai stuff. But my Shaltear is several tiers above him in every respect combat wise.

Shaltear Bloodfallen for those who don't know is an OP vampire pervert from Overlord. Who is the strongest of all the central characters in a 1 on 1 battle.

The reason I picked her above everybody else I know, and thought she'd be fun, is that she has counters for a lot of cheap gimmicks I expected to see.

• As an undead she is immune to most status effects.
  • She can reverse time to undo a hit she takes 3 times a day
  • She resists weapon damage and spell damage.
  • She has the highest stats of anybody in Overlord.
  • She is highly capable in both melee and ranged spell combat.
  • She can fire a javelin with perfect accuracy and homing 3 times a day.
  • She can summon a wide variety of very strong vampires and undead.
  • When she lands a hit with her lance it heals her. This can be used on her summons to heal that way as well.
  • With her world item equipped , the Overlord equivalent of reality warping, she becomes immune to the effects of other reality manipulation.
  • She can unleash an AOE shockwave that does a huge amount of damage 2 times a day.
  • She can create a duplicate of herself with most of the same abilities.

In essence Shaltear is a balanced fighter that can do everything well, brings her own army, and has a ton of skills that make a melee fighter like Gintoki's task of beating her next to hopeless. She could overpower, outlast, and outfight him in pretty much every way.

"It can't be helped if you don't know how high the stars are, right? Childish thoughts like being able to touch the stars by reaching out for them are best left for a girl with childish sentiments like Aura. They're disgusting when you hear them coming from an adult."

- Shaltear Bloodfallen speaking to an unlucky swordmaster.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Another Shaltear quote that fits this matchup...

"...Could it be that you're not actually that strong? I thought you were stronger than those chaps at the entrance...Sorry about that, I measure strength in meters, so I can't discern differences of a millimeter or two." - Shaltear Bloodfallen being genuinely apologetic.

I have to get these out now because I know what's coming in the next round of this tournament. :feelsbadman

Last edited:

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
From what I understand overlord characters are pretty weak so going with Gintoki

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
What can Gintoki do ( i still have to read/watch Gintama .... please dont hurt me)? The only thing i know about him is that he is an expert swordsman with inhuman speed and strength .
We had someone like that in Overlord, and Shalltear traumatized him with her pinky finger. If Gintoki is just a powerful swordsman, he should not even register on Shalltear's radar.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
He's just a really really good swordsman with guts. He fights some pretty absurd stuff later one though like an immortal planet monster thing. Didn't solo it though.

He also uses a wooden sword, which he buys via mail order. Because her weapon immunity is based on weapon class. So like Reinhard's Sword O' ReZero Bullshit would probably damage her no problem but Gins would do nothing.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Shalltear here.She is too haxy (and strong too) for Gintoki

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
A character from a non-magical world vs a character from a magical(game)-world. Ugh. Poor Gin stood no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.