Voting Round 2 - Alucard vs. Satoru Gojo | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Alucard vs. Satoru Gojo

Who wins?

• Alucard

• Satoru Gojo

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It would be really great if someone could post manga panels explaining and/or showing his abilities in action.
Sure - I don't have my manga copies on hand to go by, but I've found a few images online that should help

here's the anime version, if that helps

He literally has his face blown off - and then reappears in the manga, completely unharmed, later on

He clearly states it [the power] is reliant on 'self observance' (thus against the real world physical laws) and not 'external observance'

He also states why it causes Alucard to cease to exist - as the power [Schrödinger's] can not identify itself - this happened as Schrödinger allowed himself to be absorbed into the sea of souls within Alucard - thus, giving Alucard his power, causing the power to lose itself, causing him to cease to be

Again, it reinforces that he is only everywhere if he can observe himself - otherwise he is nowhere (as in, he does not exist)

Now, this one page is the biggest mindfuck, as far as I'm concerned, as it suggests that when he did not exist, he could still do stuff (kill the souls that resided within his body, to find himself again)

That, sir, is existing when you do not - doing stuff when you are not around to be able to do anything - and is, as far as I'm concerned, complete and utter nonsense

I hope that helps - when I get the manga back from my friend I will post more images if you want (it'll be after this tournament, however, due to fun Corona, no meeting others, reasons...)

Unfortunately, google wouldn't give me images relating to Schrödinger appearing inside Zorin Blitz's head (you'll have to use the Youtube link posted previously for info on that), nor him 'being' in other places in the manga

Last edited:

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Can you share Schrodinger losing his book? That's a very funny moment. 😁

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Nah....if he wanted you to know the ability he could have had Gojo explain it. The inner monologue implies that thinking is still occurring it's just that Jogo has nothing in his moveset that allows him to do anything at that point.
I dunno - I do actually see what Nii was saying

To me, it does appear that he can think - but it would be a fucking awful chapter if there wasn't any explanation at all as to what was happening - inner monologues are a common thing in Manga/Anime, so a useful tool to explain what someone is going through

But aye, I'm conflicted - reading it naively, I read it the exact same way you explain
After speaking to Nii, I can easily see how it could be taken as a writer's technique, not to be taken as him actually thinking

It's certainly arguable, I reckon

As to the idea of nothing allowing him to do anything - that's where Alucard shines - if he can see himself outside of the technique, he is outside of the technique
It sounds like there is nothing quite like Schrödinger's powers in JJK, so it's easily explainable how the technique is impossible to escape within the confines of that story

Part of the power system in JJK is that explaining things (sometimes) to your opponent can enter you into a binding vow that makes the ability stronger. So there is merit to explaining your techniques. Not to mention he elaborates on the ability right after that page
Yeah, I'll just have to take your word on this - as I've not read JJK

If so, then [as far as I'm concerned] him being able to think [be cognizant] makes sense and Alucard can escape

Can you share Schrodinger losing his book? That's a very funny moment. 😁
sure...

I don't see how it relates to this fight, but

All it shows is that, although the power grants omnipresence, it doesn't grant omniscience (though, I don't recall anyone arguing that, or anything like it, so far)

I mean, if the power gave him omniscience then there'd be absolutely no way that infinite information would affect him either - and all discussion relating to it would be null and void

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I actually just like this as a pannel because it's funny. Nothing more.

And here was I thinking. Does this Alucard have all his powers therefore the souls inside of him? If yes, this fight wouldnt even have his initiative because he would be too busy dealing with all the souls inside him taking counsciousness. Perfect chance for a Purple.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Does this Alucard have all his powers therefore the souls inside of him?
Nah, no souls, he killed them all off already - otherwise he wouldn't exist in the first place, to even have the fight (due, again, to Schrödinger's powers)
:emocat

As to the powers, it's not clear/explained/shown if he does or doesn't have them - so I don't think they're worth discussing in this thread (I doubt many of the ones that were shown would be that useful in this particular matchup, in all fairness)

Last edited:

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Nah....if he wanted you to know the ability he could have had Gojo explain it. The inner monologue implies that thinking is still occurring it's just that Jogo has nothing in his moveset that allows him to do anything at that point. Part of the power system in JJK is that explaining things (sometimes) to your opponent can enter you into a binding vow that makes the ability stronger. So there is merit to explaining your techniques. Not to mention he elaborates on the ability right after that page.
No, it truly is how Nii stated. It's just an inner monologue explaining to us readers how it works. Read what's highlighted on this panel. That's the second time he used his domain expansion. It's explicitly stated that they were all unconscious within his domain.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I have another question about Alucard.
When people say, he can exist in your head or mind. Does that mean like he can physically exist in your brain or something, or its like he can exist in your mind as a thought, not in a physical sense?

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
When people say, he can exist in your head or mind. Does that mean like he can physically exist in your brain or something, or its like he can exist in your mind as a thought, not in a physical sense?
Unclear

I assume that it's like a thought - only one that is him (and you can't think away) at that precise time (so he won't be physically manifested anywhere else)

It's not really clear in the manga, but that makes the most sense to me

It also appears that he's free to act however he wishes, whilst inside your mind

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Only in a thought projection sense. People assuming he will simply spawn inside Gojo and explode him are tripping.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Both scenarios should be possible. There is a instance of the Cat literally walking around in someone's mind among their memories.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

No, it truly is how Nii stated. It's just an inner monologue explaining to us readers how it works. Read what's highlighted on this panel. That's the second time he used his domain expansion. It's explicitly stated that they were all unconscious within his domain.
Do you consider this situation applicable to Alucard? They were non sorcerers.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Only in a thought projection sense. People assuming he will simply spawn inside Gojo and explode him are tripping.
Yeah, never shown - although I don't recall anyone saying, if they were it's a pretty weak argument

It's explicitly stated that they were all unconscious within his domain.
To me, that sounds like it could easily be read as them being left standing unconscious after the technique had been used - not that they were left unconscious within his domain

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like there are lots of ways to neutralize Gojo. He gets sealed pretty much all the time after all.

The issue for me is that isn't Alucard's skill set. He can't seal Gojo's abilties and even his mental attacks in the end would just be attacks. Which I'm not sure would be able to deal with Gojo's defense at all.

Inversely I feel like killing Alucard would be a massive pain in the ass, for anybody really. But a pain in the ass that is actually well suited to Gojo's experience and abilities dealing with curses and such.

So I'm saying this is actually a really even battle but I'm giving it to Gojo. That said, I think Gojo would lose to the first person that comes along with sealing powers. Since he's like a magnet for getting sealed, trapped, imprisoned, or otherwise neutralized.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Jammin
How well do you think Gojo could deal with Alucard grabbing hold of him and draining all his blood?

In the Hellsing manga the target appears to be totally unable to do anything, once the draining starts (and, due to the format of manga, it's not clear how quickly this is accomplished)

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
When Gojo used the domain for 0.2 seconds he literally got everyone inside IV's range into a "stun condition" for a short period of time. Not just humans. The difference being the cursed spirits could awake from it faster, hence why he said they could counter attack at any moment and he was ready for it even during a rush to kill thousands of transfigured humans in less than 300 seconds. Meanwhile normal humans had to wait months.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Excluding the fact that Alucard probably falls firmly under the realm of 'cursed spirit' and so would 'recover faster'...

Stunning Alucard does nothing to win the fight, if you lack the powers to kill him at all (I've yet to see anything - outside of a possible mental breakdown - that Gojo has to take Alucard out/that Alucard can't easily deal with)

You could keep him stunned for aaages and it still wouldn't end the fight permanently

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Excluding the fact that Alucard probably falls firmly under the realm of 'cursed spirit' and so would 'recover faster'...
Stunning Alucard does nothing to win the fight, if you lack the powers to kill him at all (I've yet to see anything - outside of a possible mental breakdown - that Gojo has to take Alucard out/that Alucard can't easily deal with)

You could keep him stunned for aaages and it still wouldn't end the fight permanently
The thing is that in the example used by the other comrade Gojo wasn't trying to kill the spirits nor exorcise them. I can give you the context about what's happening during the fight, but it's total spoiler if you plan to watch or read JJK.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jammin
How well do you think Gojo could deal with Alucard grabbing hold of him and draining all his blood?

In the Hellsing manga the target appears to be totally unable to do anything, once the draining starts (and, due to the format of manga, it's not clear how quickly this is accomplished)
Pretty effectively, I would think. He's protected by his infinity to some degree. He's got all kinds of spacial manipulation stuff too. Then there is his domain, which he activates pretty much instantly.

He's just a tough opponent to straight up beat. I feel like with him he's more vulnerable to those that can shut down the abilities of other or seal something within a space. Or attack indirectly. Even if Alucard hit him with something the attack would end up on the other side of infinity so I'm not sure if that blood or life or whatever could even get back to him. That barrier of infinity is always there.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The thing is that in the example used by the other comrade Gojo wasn't trying to kill the spirits nor exorcise them. I can give you the context about what's happening during the fight, but it's total spoiler if you plan to watch or read JJK.
If he didn't intend then it's not really evidence for it's use in this fight

I'm happy to be spoiled, I dunno if I'll ever get around to reading it

Please post anything that you believe might be useful in this fight
:verily

Pretty effectively, I would think. He's protected by his infinity to some degree. He's got all kinds of spacial manipulation stuff too. Then there is his domain pretty much instantly.
I mean of he did grab him and start draining

I believe Alucard is quite literally omnipresent (as the manga says he is) - so bypassing any infinite distance and touching Gojo is already done
Other people don't

I don't think it's very profitable getting into that again...

I just want to know, if Alucard did grab and start draining, would it work?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
If he didn't intend then it's not really evidence for it's use in this fight

I'm happy to be spoiled, I dunno if I'll ever get around to reading it

Please post anything that you believe might be useful in this fight

I mean of he did grab him and start draining

I believe Alucard is quite literally omnipresent (as the manga says he is) - so bypassing any infinite distance and touching Gojo is already done
Other people don't

I don't think it's very profitable getting into that again...

I just want to know, if Alucard did grab and start draining, would it work?
Then maybe? I guess the question at that point becomes drain to where exactly?

Gojo is protected by the infinite void around himself. So Alucard would have to appear inside of him. Which I guess, miiiiiight work. Though once he triggered his domain I'm not sure how that would effect the process. I guess I don't know enough about Alucard's abilities to really answer. He's not as durable as somebody like Millim or Shiraori would be. He's super human but not godlike in those areas as far as i know.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So I guess, "I don't know" is my answer.

Reactions: z.5

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think Alucard just needs to always be holding him then

I reckon, to see Alucard's omnipresence like I do, just imagine it like the omnipresence that the God of the Bible has

Could he 'be' past Gojo's infinity?
Could he touch Gojo whilst Gojo is using his infinite distance technique?

If you think he could, as he is omnipresent, then Alucard can, as he is also omnipresent

So I guess, "I don't know" is my answer.
I think "I don't know" is a fine answer, when dealing with any abilities that casually break the laws of physics (such as Alucard's or Gojo's)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.