Voting Round 2 - Alucard vs. Satoru Gojo | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Alucard vs. Satoru Gojo

Who wins?

• Alucard

• Satoru Gojo

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, so long as that's clear

Not quite sure why you bothered discussing for that long then, if you had no intention at all of taking Alucard's powers at face value
:noworry

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Debating is good. That's all.

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
The manga shows and says that Gojo can do certain things, he can - the manga says Alucard/Schrödinger was everywhere/omnipresent, they are
Omnipresence, omnipresence, omnipresence... you're taking it too literally zim. He only jumps around, teleport, like in the panel where the General explains his power. You always make it sound like he has the omnipresence of God which doesn't seem to be proven unless you can show me a panel of Alucard appearing at two specific places at the same time. The same way you assume that he is omnipresent, I can assume that no matter how close he teleports to Gojo, there will always be an infinite between the two as the finite space distorted by Gojo becomes a convergence of series.

If there is one party that is 95% interpretation, it would be Alucard, not Gojo. This whole thread is basically just one side assuming Alucard's power, and I don't really blame you for that, I blame the author for not explaining it explicitly enough, while the other is stating concrete information (not just, I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time...) that can be found on the wiki/panels on Gojo such as his Domain Expansion, the Six Eyes, Infinity, Hollow Purple.

We're getting absolutely nowhere, and we will never get anywhere. I don't see the point in continuing this discussion. Save your time.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Debating is good. That's all.
At the risk of derailing this thread, 'Debating' requires mutual respect to actually take things as stated and not just ignore one side's feats to cheat a 'victory'

That is not debating - that is time wasting

Gajeel, my friend, you are not right. It was firmly stated as being everywhere not teleportation

He's never in 2 places at once because he never observes himself as being in 2 places at once - that's not how his omnipresence works in the manga (like how he isn't omnipresent in time)

It is far less interpretation than you are saying - the only thing that is unclear is where Alucard returns. That's it
  • Teleportation doesn't get you inside someone's mind
  • It doesn't cause you to cease to be when you can't recognise yourself
  • It doesn't bring you back from having your head blown off by a shotgun
  • It doesn't make you 'everywhere and nowhere'
We don't need wiki panels for Alucard - it is clear enough in the manga that it's not simple 'teleportation'

In fact, I'd say the feats shown are clearly explained if you take the 'everywhere' part as stated (as in: he's everywhere)

It's even clearly stated that it isn't the same as the uncertainty principle/famous cat-in-box from real world physics

You might not like it - but it really is as simple as omnipresence

Last edited:

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Omnipresence, omnipresence, omnipresence... you're taking it too literally zim. He only jumps around, teleport, like in the panel where the General explains his power. You always make it sound like he has the omnipresence of God which doesn't seem to be proven unless you can show me a panel of Alucard appearing at two specific places at the same time. The same way you assume that he is omnipresent, I can assume that no matter how close he teleports to Gojo, there will always be an infinite between the two as the finite space distorted by Gojo becomes a convergence of series.

If there is one party that is 95% interpretation, it would be Alucard, not Gojo. This whole thread is basically just one side assuming Alucard's power, and I don't really blame you for that, I blame the author for not explaining it explicitly enough, while the other is stating concrete information (not just, I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time...) that can be found on the wiki/panels on Gojo such as his Domain Expansion, the Six Eyes, Infinity, Hollow Purple.

We're getting absolutely nowhere, and we will never get anywhere. I don't see the point in continuing this discussion. Save your time.
Teleporting doesn't grant you immortality or the ability to walk around in someone's mind among their literal memories. Technically you are free to assume what you like. People are often very difficult in battle threads when they have their personal biases. I really like JJK, I just honestly don't think Gojo has presented anything so far to prove he could handle an immortal being of Alucard's caliber.

How does Gojo circumvent Alucard's immortality? How does he stop mind control?

Based on evidence in the manga, the Cat's immortality is something that can be triggered after actual death. Unlike the typical regeneration Alucard had before. Alucard wouldn't even need to fight Gojo. He could literally just sit there and have Gojo spend days trying to kill him only to die from dehydration. He is after, only human.

Reactions: z.5

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't see how I'm being disrespectful. I'm not ignoring Alucard's show abilities, you guys are just kickin it up a notch while ignoring everything Gojo have at his dispossal.

But if you starting to take it personally, considering your well being, I'll leave it like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.