Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
I've this feeling that the movie is the last time we see SD, and that she will join her dark counterpart by the end of it. Based on translations of "Untold Stories" here and there, I don't think Nakaba has big plans for her. I hope I'm wrong of course. But if the movie is all about her, I like her to use his energy to fully revive the goddess clan. If it was not for the wrong decisions of SD and DK, noone would suffer this much. So how SD will pay for her sin?
So IF SD was gonna leave the NnT universe for real, then the revived GC WOULD need a ruler. Mael and Ludo could have a more important role than being mere killing machines in this case.
It seems the story of the movie might go back and forth in past and future and I don't think the goddess clan being revived anytime soon, if it does and SD is defeated I would want Mael to be the next GC leader similar to how Zeldris is the current ruler of the Demon world

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Top pic: Nakaba Suzuki's drawings are the original work!!
Middle pic: A silhouette of a new enemy looms over the peaceful Britannia!?
Bottom pic: Meliodas and Zeldris join forces against the enemy!!

Now for the bottom texts:
1 - It's set in Britannia after the conclusion of the Holy War. And in the middle of King and Diane's wedding ceremony...
2 - Giant and Fairy armies raid the peaceful land!! How does that happen...!?
3 - The enemy armies are led by the second Fairy King Dahlia and the Giant craftsman Dubs!! What is their goal!?

Last edited:

Vortigern

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
So not only are we getting the Supreme Deity, but even Dahlia and a major figure in the giant clan? This movie initially seemed like a fanservice epilogue for the people that really wanted to see King and Diane's wedding, but now it's shaping up to be something pretty big for the series as a whole. I think this stuff probably should have been included in the manga, but I can understand Nakaba wanting to end things with Arthur's revival, given his importance in the sequel.

Also, I'm kind of still hoping that there's going to be some sort of an 'Original Goddess' character in the movie as well. It's probably the most significant parallel between the Demon and Goddess clans that's still missing. Then again the Original Demon wasn't all that impressive so perhaps it would be unnecessary.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The previous FK and GK? Nice! Good to see that they are going to be used.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nobody gonna talk about this being a sequel to the anime... and Escanor is in the roster... and Not Arthur?
Escanor is a Sin, Arthur is not. He can still appear via flashbacks and stuff. Plus not everyone is a manga reader.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
From the information we have, it sounds like some members of the Giant and Fairy races do not appreciate peace and union between their races, particularly in how King and Diane are going to marry and presumably delete the division between both races and unify them into one. This makes sense with the themes of NNT in general, with pretty much all the races disliking the others and only trusting in themselves. Although, it does raise some questions.. like how Dahlia or this other Giant King wasn't involved in Holy War 2.0 or had any significance into the story up until now, but maybe Nakaba forgot about them and really wanted to tie loose ends so this is the best we got.

I think this is particularly important for Diane, she was just handed the title as Queen and we never saw her really change the Giants from a suicidal clan who loves fighting to one more linear with her own belief system, something Drole wanted. Although, King & Diane are probably just so much stronger than these previous rulers, so the conflict isn't going to have tension in terms of a power threat, but more of a cultural one IMO.

Now for the Supreme Deity.. finally! It's good she's getting a movie dedicate to her, although.. 2 hours (not even that) to introduce her, get across her motivations, relationships, etc and then conclude her in that time span is pretty worrying. Especially, when you consider Nakaba's record with how he handled the Demon King being fairly poor/decent in some areas.

Although what I'm really worried about is how much Elizabeth is going to get in this movie. Nakaba in the manga seemed to love to give the screen time to Meliodas & Zeldris more when it came to the Demon King, which is fine I guess as they do have more importance as a father/son relationship, but the poster showing Mel/Zel obviously fighting against the SD really does not inspire me with confidence. I'm honestly expecting Elizabeth to get the usual girlfriend/lover screentime with nothing else to add. No dynamic or background between herself and the Supreme Deity, nothing but the ''Oh she's a threat let's defeat her Mel uWu'' which is honestly sad when the SD/Eliz relationship so far seems pretty interesting but I'm doubting Nakaba is going to go further with it. He could even go further with Elizabeth as well, tying in more about the ''Bloody Ellie'' persona she had, presumably under her mother's influence and then when it comes to the final fight against the SD, have Elizabeth be the core person in the fight or have her deliver the final hit.

I don't know, the movie looks good but my favourite character is probably going to get shafted so Meliodas & Zeldris get another villain to decimate as brothers even though they had 20-30 chapters against the Demon King in doing so and Elizabeth had half a chapter..

Not getting my expectations too high.

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland

Dahlia used to look like this in the 3DS game that came out in 2015. After he relinquished the throne to King some 1000 years ago he walked into the gym and never came back, until now. Or maybe there's hormones in the groundwater of the Fairy King's Forest. Must be all those factories.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
I'm super excited for this movie, so it's not just about supreme deity but something probably even higher??

Anyway that goddess figure with multiple pair wings in the background of the first picture, is that Supreme Deity? Doesn't look like her honestly from back it looks more like s male figure

And lastly hope Mael has a significant role in the movie

EDIT - from the text by fks it doesn't seem SD is going to play the villain here, or maybe?

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Nobody gonna talk about this being a sequel to the anime... and Escanor is in the roster... and Not Arthur?
Escanor is not dead yet in the anime, so they probably kept him in the poster to avoid potential spoilers.

Anyway that goddess figure with multiple pair wings in the background of the first picture, is that Supreme Deity? Doesn't look like her honestly from back it looks more like s male figure
Eh, it could be her possessing Mael, which is a sure possibility IMO.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dahlia looks so weird physically for being a fairy, but I see he also has rainbow wings like Gloxinia, so I dont get why Nakaba made King the only fairy king with non-rainbow wings.... is it possible his wings are still not yet full developed? Or maybe it's just Nakaba was lazy thinking on King's wings design and he didnt want to colour them for that time. Who knows.
But Dahlia has only 2 wings instead of 4 like Gloxinia and King, interesting.

I think I like much more Dabuzu's design than Dahlia's.

But my question is... why are they against the union of their races? Is it because they didnt like how Drole and Gloxinia handled their alliance in their era and therefore they dont want that to be repeated with King and Diane's era?

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Escanor is not dead yet in the anime, so they probably kept him in the poster to avoid potential spoilers.

Eh, it could be her possessing Mael, which is a sure possibility IMO.
Yeah it would be awesome if that's the case but zooming in we see Mael flying in between meliodas and zeldris. And honestly taking over and possession have been very repetitive now

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Now that's a complete surprise. I love it man.
Dabuzu is the one who made the CoED. His involvement in the movie means a lot.
The poster and new info seem to imply these to new villains are serving SD or at least their deeds benefit her.

One of the weird claims in late NnT was that SD is sealed in CoED too. And now we have Dabuzu here. For those who always seek parallels between GC and DC, Dahlia and Dab working for SD makes a nice equivalent to Glox and Dolor who at some point joined the 10C. In this case, cursed by the light may also refer to what SD did to these two guys.

It's the first time we see SD from behind. But didn't she used to have 5 pairs of wing?
It may be a mere drawing mistake or she is in fact ... weaker? The appearance reminds me of 4C Mael while the pose Itself clearly belongs to Escanor sama.
But wwhat's with the similarity? Random and meaningless like several other cases? Or she probably tried to possess Mael for real at that time? Perhaps she is even Mael's true mother making Mael and Eli brother and sisters. Stupid ideas lol.

Escanor is absent from the new material as expected from a true sequel movie.RIP man.

Dahlia is unexpectedly humanoid and mascular. For a second I thought he is Escanor. So I naturally like him more than the other fairy kings :verily. Nakaba perhaps mixed "Jehan of Pride" and "Escanor of Lust" to create this guy.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So not only the Supreme Deity, but also Dahlia and the Giant craftsman that created the Coffin of Eternal Darkness? All of these characters are going to be explored, developed and have their fate decided (?) in a... 2 hours movie? I mean, don't get me wrong, the movie sounds really interesting. Far more than the previous one which seemed to be more like pure fanservice than anything else, but I fear two hours is just too little for the number of characters and potential plot points that should be treated.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Man seeing that even SD had one fairy king snd giant king in her side makes me think of the theory of a OG Goddess more realistic, maybe Nanashi was the former OG Goddess

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
From the information we have, it sounds like some members of the Giant and Fairy races do not appreciate peace and union between their races, particularly in how King and Diane are going to marry and presumably delete the division between both races and unify them into one. This makes sense with the themes of NNT in general, with pretty much all the races disliking the others and only trusting in themselves. Although, it does raise some questions.. like how Dahlia or this other Giant King wasn't involved in Holy War 2.0 or had any significance into the story up until now, but maybe Nakaba forgot about them and really wanted to tie loose ends so this is the best we got.

I think this is particularly important for Diane, she was just handed the title as Queen and we never saw her really change the Giants from a suicidal clan who loves fighting to one more linear with her own belief system, something Drole wanted. Although, King & Diane are probably just so much stronger than these previous rulers, so the conflict isn't going to have tension in terms of a power threat, but more of a cultural one IMO.

Now for the Supreme Deity.. finally! It's good she's getting a movie dedicate to her, although.. 2 hours (not even that) to introduce her, get across her motivations, relationships, etc and then conclude her in that time span is pretty worrying. Especially, when you consider Nakaba's record with how he handled the Demon King being fairly poor/decent in some areas.

Although what I'm really worried about is how much Elizabeth is going to get in this movie. Nakaba in the manga seemed to love to give the screen time to Meliodas & Zeldris more when it came to the Demon King, which is fine I guess as they do have more importance as a father/son relationship, but the poster showing Mel/Zel obviously fighting against the SD really does not inspire me with confidence. I'm honestly expecting Elizabeth to get the usual girlfriend/lover screentime with nothing else to add. No dynamic or background between herself and the Supreme Deity, nothing but the ''Oh she's a threat let's defeat her Mel uWu'' which is honestly sad when the SD/Eliz relationship so far seems pretty interesting but I'm doubting Nakaba is going to go further with it. He could even go further with Elizabeth as well, tying in more about the ''Bloody Ellie'' persona she had, presumably under her mother's influence and then when it comes to the final fight against the SD, have Elizabeth be the core person in the fight or have her deliver the final hit.

I don't know, the movie looks good but my favourite character is probably going to get shafted so Meliodas & Zeldris get another villain to decimate as brothers even though they had 20-30 chapters against the Demon King in doing so and Elizabeth had half a chapter..

Not getting my expectations too high.
It would make more sense for Elizabeth to end her mother alongside Meliodas, since she is to blame for a majority of the events of the series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So not only the Supreme Deity, but also Dahlia and the Giant craftsman that created the Coffin of Eternal Darkness? All of these characters are going to be explored, developed and have their fate decided (?) in a... 2 hours movie? I mean, don't get me wrong, the movie sounds really interesting. Far more than the previous one which seemed to be more like pure fanservice than anything else, but I fear two hours is just too little for the number of characters and potential plot points that should be treated.
Honestly, it needs an Endgame or Synder Cut-length style in order for the film to be truly fleshed out.

Bang

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Poor Elisabeth and Gowther are covered by text. And Merlin is not even there. Also, where is Hawk-sama? Don't tell me we'll have a movie without him. Maybe he just couldn't fit there after purgatory.
Meliodas and Meliodas2 will probably be the main focus of the movie, to my dismay.

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Poor Elisabeth and Gowther are covered by text. And Merlin is not even there. Also, where is Hawk-sama? Don't tell me we'll have a movie without him. Maybe he just couldn't fit there after purgatory.
Meliodas and Meliodas2 will probably be the main focus of the movie, to my dismay.
Yeah, Eli and Gowther not getting any love sucks. Honestly, I hope she doesn't appear because Merlin does kill a chunk of the sense of danger in the series.