Anime - Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Nanatsu no Taizai The Movie: Cursed By Light (Subs out)

Mighty Escanor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So not only the Supreme Deity, but also Dahlia and the Giant craftsman that created the Coffin of Eternal Darkness? All of these characters are going to be explored, developed and have their fate decided (?) in a... 2 hours movie? I mean, don't get me wrong, the movie sounds really interesting. Far more than the previous one which seemed to be more like pure fanservice than anything else, but I fear two hours is just too little for the number of characters and potential plot points that should be treated.
Given how the two characters we were waiting for weren't SD and somebody else, but Dahlia and Dabuzu, I don't think SD will appear until late in the movie. We are not aware of the situation there, but SD's chance of surviving the movie and enter the world of 4KotA seems to be higher know. So I think just two new characters will be introduced, explored, and have their fate decided with less than enough development of course.

It would make more sense for Elizabeth to end her mother alongside Meliodas, since she is to blame for a majority of the events of the series.
Based on NnT norms, it doesn't make sense for any of the current characters to end SD. They needed a god tier entity to destroy another god. So possibilities are:

1. Ellie was always a god in disguise but was too afraid/shy! to activate her powers!

2. SD will just be unsealed and realized in the world by the end of this movie and her story is concluded in sequel manga. She is perhaps the cause of some troubles in 4KotA.

3. SD tries to atone for her sins by sacrificing herself and revive her clan. The new information makes it less likely though.

4. Seeing how everyone including the loyal 4AAs doesn't agree to her deeds and decisions anymore, she may change sides and become an ally in the sequel while working to rebuild her clan.

Btw, unless another retcon is pulled out of arse, no god is there among the good guys to END her.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So not only the Supreme Deity, but also Dahlia and the Giant craftsman that created the Coffin of Eternal Darkness? All of these characters are going to be explored, developed and have their fate decided (?) in a... 2 hours movie? I mean, don't get me wrong, the movie sounds really interesting. Far more than the previous one which seemed to be more like pure fanservice than anything else, but I fear two hours is just too little for the number of characters and potential plot points that should be treated.
This could have been cool if it wasn't a movie. The fact that it will also be a movie with mediocre animation at best with inconsistent art doesn't help :/

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given how the two characters we were waiting for weren't SD and somebody else, but Dahlia and Dabuzu, I don't think SD will appear until late in the movie. We are not aware of the situation there, but SD's chance of surviving the movie and enter the world of 4KotA seems to be higher know. So I think just two new characters will be introduced, explored, and have their fate decided with less than enough development of course.

Based on NnT norms, it doesn't make sense for any of the current characters to end SD. They needed a god tier entity to destroy another god. So possibilities are:

1. Ellie was always a god in disguise but was too afraid/shy! to activate her powers!

2. SD will just be unsealed and realized in the world by the end of this movie and her story is concluded in sequel manga. She is perhaps the cause of some troubles in 4KotA.

3. SD tries to atone for her sins by sacrificing herself and revive her clan. The new information makes it less likely though.

4. Seeing how everyone including the loyal 4AAs doesn't agree to her deeds and decisions anymore, she may change sides and become an ally in the sequel while working to rebuild her clan.

Btw, unless another retcon is pulled out of arse, no god is there among the good guys to END her.
Well, there's the Sacred Tree, the third god, but it doesn't really do anything except when it comes to the fairy king.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor is not dead yet in the anime, so they probably kept him in the poster to avoid potential spoilers.

Eh, it could be her possessing Mael, which is a sure possibility IMO.
Awh okay. that makes sense...

Also to the other guy who said Arthur isnt a sin... That doesnt matter.. because without spoiling it, Arthurs role is as Important and Prominent (possibly even more important) than Melidoas

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
In regards to the Supreme Deity's threat level, it's oddly strange when you consider:

-If Arthur is in this movie, she has little to no threat since he's basically Chaos right now and it took the DK/SD at 100% of their original powers to seal Chaos away, and this version of the SD is 50% or even less.

-If Arthur is not in this movie, then suddenly she becomes almost undefeatable considering Meliodas gave up his God powers and none of the sins are at that level. Although if we take the Demon King's fight with them (sure, horrible power scaling but its canon) it seems all of the sins/elizabeth/zeldris together could maybe stand a chance against her, maybe more if the 4AA side with them and less if they're against them.

So really, I'm just expecting Meliodas to pull his true magic out of his ass again TBH, and then have a cute brotherly moment with Zeldris making a joke of the SD as every other character, including Elizabeth, become cheerleaders and nothing more.. mhm

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
-If Arthur is not in this movie, then suddenly she becomes almost undefeatable considering Meliodas gave up his God powers and none of the sins are at that level. Although if we take the Demon King's fight with them (sure, horrible power scaling but its canon) it seems all of the sins/elizabeth/zeldris together could maybe stand a chance against her, maybe more if the 4AA side with them and less if they're against them.

So really, I'm just expecting Meliodas to pull his true magic out of his ass again TBH, and then have a cute brotherly moment with Zeldris making a joke of the SD as every other character, including Elizabeth, become cheerleaders and nothing more.. mhm
Following the mighty trend of jobbing, I would rather argue the SD will be overwhelmed by Ominous Nebula. Think about it. The DK jobbed against Mel's OG magic, so why the little brother can't have a similar feat against a God of a similar caliber? Zel has already shown his OG magic but if I had to guess, it will be revealed that he was afraid (like a certain someone :3c) to not fuck up his allies during fights and that's why he subconsciously restrained the power of the technique. Since now his allies are way more powerful and have the power of plot and love by their side, he'll no longer have to worry about these little things. It has setup as well since Ludoshel admitted that Ominous Nebula was beyond Flash, power that comes from the SD. Mel shouldn't have his OG magic in this movie. But guess who still has it? That's why Zel has an important position in the movie poster, because he'll be the absolute key to bring down the SD. The dots are all connected.

You would think she would have an important role considering her mother is on the movie and considering we barely know anything of her "bloody" backstory but she'll keep being irrelevant. The meme can't possibly die at this stage, so be ready. The letters of the poster hiding most of her face is foreshadowing of this :teehee

Hopefully it is what you say, because the SD is a character that deserves to have her own arc and not meet her end on a 2 hour movie which will not only be about her, but also about Dahlia and the Giant craftsman, pretty important characters on their own.

Last edited:

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Following the mighty trend of jobbing, I would rather argue the SD will be overwhelmed by Ominous Nebula. Think about it. The DK jobbed against Mel's OG magic, so why the little brother can't have a similar feat against a God of a similar caliber? Zel has already shown his OG magic but if I had to guess, it will be revealed that he was afraid (like a certain someone :3c) to not fuck up his allies during fights and that's why he subconsciously restrained the power of the technique. Since now his allies are way more powerful and have the power of plot and love by their side, he'll no longer have to worry about these little things. It has setup as well since Ludoshel admitted that Ominous Nebula was beyond Flash, power that comes from the SD. Mel shouldn't have his OG magic in this movie. But guess who still has it? That's why Zel has an important position in the movie poster, because he'll be the absolute key to bring down the SD. The dots are all connected.
Now that you put it in this way, it all makes sense lmao. It may enter too bad it's good category since this scenario is really beyond the worst lol.

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
The previous FK and GK? Nice! Good to see that they are going to be used.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Escanor is a Sin, Arthur is not. He can still appear via flashbacks and stuff. Plus not everyone is a manga reader.
I am confused... wasn't the previous gk dolor? jesh... plot holes once again in this mans writing... will he ever learn?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am confused... wasn't the previous gk dolor? jesh... plot holes once again in this mans writing... will he ever learn?
I am the one in the wrong :XD. Dolor was indeed the firsy GK. Dubs was the one who made the CoED, but it's possible that he replaced him after Dolor left.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
The teaser came out:

And the HQ poster (click to enlarge):

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So the blue haired dude is Dahlia? I was confused after seeing the pics of the game.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The teaser came out:
If the animation/art stays this consistent throughout then you won't find me complaining about it! Hopefully that's not pre-animated.

Wonder if any good feats can come out of this like the Bleach or Naruto movies...

Killerbee12

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mael is in the poster

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Really this is just great..we getting dahlia...which means more showtime for king and fairies in general as well and also SD...the movie is gonna redeem so much....

@FKS what does the titles for the two "antagonists" say ?....in the teaser... and can we move this thread to sticky ones..

We have Dabuza the blue guy...the one who created the seal....so that's how maybe SD is released?

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like the movie sets off the setting for Four knights of the apocalypse.
Dahlia & Dabuzu being Giant & Fairy might do something to cause Arthur to hate other races.
Most recent chapter the amber knight said Arthur wants to remove other races and only keep humans around.
He already most likely hates demons due to the loss and following destruction of Camelot and him losing to Chandler and Cusack etc.
Since the SD is in this too it can complete his now new canonical hatred for other races “apparently”.

Still find it weird that Dahlia and Dabuzu are the main antagonists in this film considering how strong Zel & Mel are. Also I didn’t know Giants can live for thousands of years.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Really this is just great..we getting dahlia...which means more showtime for king and fairies in general as well and also SD...the movie is gonna redeem so much....

@FKS what does the titles for the two "antagonists" say ?....in the teaser... and can we move this thread to sticky ones..

We have Dabuza the blue guy...the one who created the seal....so that's how maybe SD is released?
None other than "Second Fairy King Dahlia" and "Giant craftsman Dubs".

As for sticking this thread, why not. After all, the one for the previous movie was stickied, if I recall correctly.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Both giant craftsman dubs and second fairy king are extremely OP for making the bros and sins fight seriously and there's some good action as well. SD might play a big role but I think her role would mostly be putting the premise for the sequel 4Knoa

And she's doesn't also seem to be an villain as well and we might get to see her full face a hint of her powers and as always Mael has zero role it seems, I swear he's still being done so dirty

There's a new legion of celestial warriors that we shown in the first

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Both giant craftsman dubs and second fairy king are extremely OP for making the bros and sins fight seriously and there's some good action as well. SD might play a big role but I think her role would mostly be putting the premise for the sequel 4Knoa

And she's doesn't also seem to be an villain as well and we might get to see her full face a hint of her powers and as always Mael has zero role it seems, I swear he's still being done so dirty

There's a new legion of celestial warriors that we shown in the first
They are strong, but they can't be that OP unless they got some kind of power ups in this movie. Dolor was the strongest Giant, King is now the strongest Fairy King in history.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
They are strong, but they can't be that OP unless they got some kind of power ups in this movie. Dolor was the strongest Giant, King is now the strongest Fairy King in history.
Yeah that won't make sense for the plot or else the 3rd holy war would have been ended by just these two.
But the fact that they're pressuring up Meliodas who's probably the strongest character bar chaos that says something