Semifinal - Homura Akemi vs. Son Goku | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Homura Akemi vs. Son Goku

Who wins?

• Homura Akemi

• Son Goku

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Whats with the rainbow powerups in both threads :XD
Would Hermano be able to beat such a powerup
Tfw we reached powers more ridiculous than El Hermano and Gohan Blanco Perfecto.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Looking forward to see if being omnipotent = omniblessed. That will be an amazing discussion and worthy final that totally won't be a popularity contest.
I mean, Goku will still win this since his power level scaled surpasses Homura's universe rewriting because Broly once broke the laws of physics for a second with some beam attack. :pjsalt

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I mean, Goku will still win this since his power level scaled surpasses Homura's universe rewriting because Broly once broke the laws of physics for a second with some beam attack. :pjsalt
I think Goku might win out of popularity alone and then lose to Vegeta in the final, but in reality it should be a popularity contest between Madoka and ReZero, whose characters should had been banned.

Happened twice from punching '-'

It's a fun event on paper but I think next time there should be harsher limiters, and whenever someone breaks them they are insta out, lol.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Happened twice from punching '-'
Yeah, that totally changes much. :frankerz

I think Goku might win out of popularity alone and then lose to Vegeta in the final, but in reality it should be a popularity contest between Madoka and ReZero, whose characters should had been banned.

It's a fun event on paper but I think next time there should be harsher limiters, and whenever someone breaks them they are insta out, lol.
Agreed. We fundamentally disagree on scaling and on Dragon Ball but we absolutely agree that both Homura and Reinhard should have been banned.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
That would mean that my boi, that i murdered for some reason, would win the tournament :3c
I would have made it so that both Vegeta and Goku would get butchered in the most cruelest of ways.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oi x2
Most of the power i been campaigning for are her own, madokami doesn't have mind manipulation or sealing ability
Also the big difference between her and madokami is the fact madokami takes on all universe despair to maintain it, meanwhile homura give the middle finger to kyubey and torture him by making him the container, she can control the despair

The main power that are the same are overseeing universe but it's not like that useful in a battle, most powers I'm heavily campaigning for are homura own powers, kinda the reason i didn't want to bring in the bow last round as that it's a copy of madoka powers but she have it.... And I'm having a problems campaigning only with guns even tho it's kinda the reason i nominated homura, i wanted a gun campaign :guns

Guns are way cooler after all than bows even if the bow more powerful

As i said above homura isn't an omnipotent god, she have limits
I feel like of tetsuo the one who passed in round and not goku, that could been more challenging as he does counter a lot of homura powers
Kinda the reason i also voted tetsuo, more challenge, better fight...

A fight doesn't have to consist of punch and hits, homura never been that type even as a magical girl, she the one that more stealthy and like to overpower the opponent with her time stop and combo guns and explosions

And that did carry on in her akuma form
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mind manipulation
Time manipulation
Time rewind
Seal ability
Control despair ability
A bow that love to one shot shit and is aoe (kinda erase what part it hits)
Familiars she can control
A labyrinth she can control what's inside of it

And school calling once again for me will be back later but those are the one that come to my mind without thinking much
She also can exist in a place but not really be there but you can notice her as seen by what sayaka did in the movie
I know, you didnt bring the Goddess card until the LoN fight and tried discussing her proven powers over the unknown ones.

Yeah, that totally changes much. :frankerz

Agreed. We fundamentally disagree on scaling and on Dragon Ball but we absolutely agree that both Homura and Reinhard should have been banned.
I would be totally fine with both of them being banned for future editions.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
That would mean that my boi, that i murdered for some reason, would win the tournament :3c
I would have made it so that both Vegeta and Goku would get butchered in the most cruelest of ways.
Bro.

You made such awesome campaigns just to screw over Aladdin when he was about to defeat possibly the strongest contender of this tournament (perhaps after Homura, who may just rewrite the universe and make it so Od Laguna and Reid don't exist).

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Bro.

You made such awesome campaigns just to screw over Aladdin when he was about to defeat possibly the strongest contender of this tournament (perhaps after Homura, who may just rewrite the universe and make it so Od Laguna and Reid don't exist).

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
She doesn't need to punch or hit if she can just rewrite the universe and turn be it Goku or Tetsuo into Mumen Rider. :hmm
Dude she isn't a creator, yes she can manipulate the universe but even that have limits and it isn't a granted ability (not like it matters in battle), as i said above if she had that ability she could fixed all madoka magica problems of the series

She doesn't have that ability, yes she can seal someone powers and manipulate their memory but not rewrite them off existence....

Stop making homura more overpowered than she really is :arf
I still think she can beat goku tho just for the fact he not immune to mind manipulation (i think) and he still a human that have emotions so he affected by her ability to control despair that she shown at the end of rebellion

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dude she isn't a creator, yes she can manipulate the universe but even that have limits and it isn't a granted ability (not like it matters in battle), as i said above if she had that ability she could fixed all madoka magica problems of the series

She doesn't have that ability, yes she can seal someone powers and manipulate their memory but not rewrite them off existence....

Stop making homura more overpowered than she really is :arf
I haven't even watched Madoka, I'm just taking the piss.

But if she can seal Goku's powers isn't that an instantwin anyway?

I still think she can beat goku tho just for the fact he not immune to mind manipulation (i think) and he still a human that have emotions so he affected by her ability to control despair that she shown at the end of rebellion
Interesting but Goku just defeated Xehanort one or two rounds ago. According to his campaing that guy had the power to control people as long as they had any darkness-like emotion (like despair I guess) in their hearts, so I'd say Goku is considered immune to that.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
?

Interesting but Goku just defeated Xehanort one or two rounds ago. According to his campaing that guy had the power to control people as long as they had any darkness-like emotion (like despair I guess) in their hearts, so I'd say Goku is considered immune to that.
She is an abstract concept,Goku can't even harm her.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
She is an abstract concept,Goku can't even harm her.
I was only addressing the part about the mind manipulation powers.

On that topic you brought up, I can always just argue that "his power level surpasses abstract concepts because he's multiversal".

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Not the same thing, xehanort control the negative emotions already inside someone hearts, homura on the other hand forces despair of other people (magical girls) into someone
Even kyubey someone we know isn't affected by that got crippled because of the intensity of those emotions

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Not the same thing, xehanort control the negative emotions already inside someone hearts, homura on the other hand forces despair of other people (magical girls) into someone
Even kyubey someone we know isn't affected by that got crippled because of the intensity of those emotions
If there are no special conditions like the target already having some despair inside of him then yeah, I agree, Goku has nothing to stop that kind of mental attack (that I know of).

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India

On that topic you brought up, I can always just argue that "his power level surpasses abstract concepts because he's multiversal".
Having greater powerlevel means nothing outside DB,not that it matters though Homura is on a higher plane of existence and is stronger than him.

One of her feats from Rebellion movie

She created an universe where Goddess Madoka was turned into a normal transfer student and brought back Sayaka as a normal girl.

She is not omnipotent no doubt but her feats are above anything in DB.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Her mind manipulation isn't the control despair one
Her mind manipulation basically make you think stuff that never happened or the fact you don't have specific power even tho you have it

We see that with how she made sayaka and nagisa normal people even tho they suppose to be "secretary" to madokami and have witch transformation
In reality, they do have these powers, they just not aware of it even there

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Having greater powerlevel means nothing outside DB
Tell that to best boy Midora. :frankerz

Her mind manipulation isn't the control despair one
Her mind manipulation basically make you think stuff that never happened or the fact you don't have specific power even tho you have it

We see that with how she made sayaka and nagisa normal people even tho they suppose to be "secretary" to madokami and have witch transformation
In reality, they do have these powers, they just not aware of it even there
I see. So she chould make Goku forget he's a saiyan? If that worked his power level would remain the same but he wouldn't transform into his SSJ forms nor go UI anymore.

He would also forget things like how to throw a proper kame I guess? :hmm

Well, anyway, the DB enthusiast will know better than I do but I don't remember Goku having anything special to defend against the mind tricks (nor against the despair infusion thingy) other than the power level argument.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
If there are no special conditions like the target already having some despair inside of him then yeah, I agree, Goku has nothing to stop that kind of mental attack (that I know of).
I mean someone that already with despair, this ability probably won't work... But up to debate, not like the people left are like that
I think tetsuo had sth like this... Kinda a shame he was out

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Previous campaign

Since I already posted all about Goku powers I'll focus on the battle with Homura.

1. Homura's arguments lack validation. Where is the proof for those powers?
2. Homura arguments are based on the movie and twisted by interpretation.
3. If she indeed had such powers she wouldn't be allowed in the tournament.

I don't think Homura would be able to rewrite things especially out of her world.

As for her other powers they are overcome by Goku.

Her time stop is easily countered by restraining her and in a straight up fight Goku wins.

Vote Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.