Final Match - Reinhard van Astrea vs. Homura Akemi | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Match Reinhard van Astrea vs. Homura Akemi

Who wins?

• Reinhard van Astrea

• Homura Akemi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
From my understanding Reinhard cant be influenced by god powers, not because of his blessings, but because of that damn sword. As long as he has the Reid sword, god powers "should not" work on him, or he is just higly resistant to them. Otherwise like in the parody chapter, Solomon's Wisdom and the Sacred Palace would have outhaxed him. But this does look a more even fight. Its basically Reinhard vs Satella right?
What makes reinhard so op isn't the sword but his blessings, certainly the sword give him the boost for the fact he can cut through anything but there a reason why the previous swords saints weren't as powerful as reinhard
The blessing, one of the previous sword saints is literally now being manipulated as a zombie, the sword certainly didn't manage to protect them

What i got at least is that in my recherches it's possible to strip blessing away if the area is isolated, lambu now says it weaken it but still that does say that mind manipulation could work in her labyrinth because of that
Also homura and satella definitely have a lot in common but don't misunderstand that they the same, they not, it just the time manipulation
Satella still bound by od laguna... sealed away
The fact he be in her labyrinth is gonna make her mind manipulation possible, it doesn't matter if the sword can cut through anything if he doesn't know it plus whats stopping homura form sealing the sword in her soul gem
It's part of reinhard powers afterall

The sword can't be broken but there nothing stating it can't be sealed

Can't Homura basically rewind time every time it's not looking well against Reinhard, giving her infinite retries to figure out the best way to both prepare for the battle against him and to do things better/differently?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Which frankly didn't help against Walpurgisnacht, but in the god form Homura should have a lot more options than she had in her weaker state.
She certainly can, btw the reason homura can never win alone (And i mean alone, mutli other rewind she did beat Walpurgisnacht but she wasn't alone but she had to rewind cuz madoka fuck up sth, either died or... Died) against Walpurgisnacht is because she a direct counter to her guns that are technically fire, and walpurgisnacht is resistant to fire
Later on she have more kit with the fact she have the same bow that managed to one shot walpurgisnacht
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Btw I'm still getting that blessing can be stripped if the area is isolated
It's one of the reasons why authority are more powerful than blessings

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
To tell the truth Homura can do to Reinhard what she did to Madoka and Sayaka

Kyubey even says "the world is being rewritten"

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So what's to stop Homura from just drawing him into the labyrinth to nerf or remove his blessings, keep his phoenix blessing from being renewed, making him believe his Dragon Sword is a rotten banana, putting a hand grenade in each of his pockets then walking away all like...

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Still don't see why Homura couldn't just drop Felt's corpse at Reinhard's feet, either the real one or one she just created.

Also, does Akuma Homura have all the abilities of normal Homura? Because normal Homura is skilled as fuck, she could probably beat Rein in direct combat, and he don't really have a counter to timestop as far as I've seen, so auto-dodge is gone. Plus Labyrinth sealing his abilities.

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
England
btw the reason homura can never win alone (And i mean alone, mutli other rewind she did beat Walpurgisnacht but she wasn't alone but she had to rewind cuz madoka fuck up sth, either died or... Died) against Walpurgisnacht is because she a direct counter to her guns that are technically fire, and walpurgisnacht is resistant to fire
Later on she have more kit with the fact she have the same bow that managed to one shot walpurgisnacht
You can rather say:

Homura as a human (not as a deity obviously) isn't relying on her magic damage. She relies on her 'psychical damage' (or as you said, her gun weapons), which, Walpurgisnacht is immune against. Homura never showed a timeline where she actually infused her magic into her weapons, so its basically her failing continuesly defeating Walpurgisnacht (I exclude the timeline where she used the bow that belonged to Madoka). Another matter is Walpurgnisnacht is based on helplessness. You can particulary say that Homura herself is quite ''helplessness'' considering that she keeps desperately failing to save Madoka in each time line. No matter how many times she has rewind time, no matter how stronger she become by each timeline. As long as she keeps being in the desperate state she is (or rather said was, because, in the end even she figured out the 'hows' and 'whys' and ascedenting herself into godhood and break the cycle of law), she, herself as a magical girl will never be able to defeat Walpurgisnacht alone. This fact will not change, but it also shows that her love for Madoka keeps growing each time as well hence the ''hows'' and ''whys'' I said previously lol.

Madoka, on the other hand, is anything, but helplessness. She is what you can say ''hope'', hence she has no trouble defeating Walpurgisnacht. She is basically a whole counter to the witch (this also implies why Madoka, as the witch named Kriemhild Gretchen, cannot be defeated. Her nature is based on ''mercy'' and as long as there is no misfortune in the world or as long as Witch Madoka believes grief does not exist in the world, she will think that her 'barrier' is Heaven).

That aside, Homura is the opposite of what Madoka represent. In a sense, this also can give you an indication that both Goddoka and Homura Akuma have the opposite abilities. It's just as Homura said: she will upset the law of a god, because she considers herself as 'evil'. Homura is the darkness to Madoka's light. In the end, love is indeed a strong emotion after all.

#Yuripower

Now I will just continue to spectate and waiting patiently for the sequel to Rebellion.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Homura's Labyrinth is not a realm outside of the Universe but a dimension born of her powers. Od Laguna on the other hand admins the Universe autonomously , its something beyond what Akuma Homura can reach.

How does a "Goddess" seal the powers of a God that is higher than her in the hierarchy?
Im not saying she cannot counter some of Reinhard's blessings, what Im saying is that she cannot rewrite or seal Reinhard, she's not stated to have that Authority at all and you said it yourself, please be clear.

Also how do you seal the Concept busting divine Sword's powers in the first place?
I mean, if it's a pocket dimension or divine domain she herself created it would be outside Od Laguna's influence. How does Od Laguna influence something that was created independently of it? Seems very similar to Shiraori's "god zone" to me.

Even if Od Laguna had full control of the universe they were fighting in (which is not a given). How is that control going to extend to a dimension created by another god? It's her home turf so to speak.

-------------------------

Though the greater problem to me is the time hax. She could do so many things to destroy him and he can't do anything to her. To even hurt her he'd need to swing that sword of his. That takes time. Which she can apparently deny him. If you can't move inside stopped time I don't know how you're going to do anything.

What is to stop her from stopping time and pouring a pad of reinforced concrete around everything but his head? He wouldn't even be able to move much less reach his sword and she could unfreeze time and hit golf balls of his head while he tries to dig his way out with his chin.

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The patrons should just give it a red bull or two and make the fight happen fully energized :xp
Exhaustion is not an option in a final :^_^

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The Play of the Game of this tournament is still Aladdin's match.
You mean the grand play where i murdered my magi :amuse definitely "Play of the Tournament"
The best match imo was definitely Reinhard vs Vegeta. I had a lot of fun reading that.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I mean, it is a work week.. :amuse

Not to mention I feel like Lambu is approaching the status of...

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
@Lambu Don't die on me! You still have one more task to fulfill...this is your obligation! :arf

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
DB fans don't have to argue that their characters can beat everyone anymore that's why :catshrug.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
You mean the grand play where i murdered my magi :amuse definitely "Play of the Tournament"
The best match imo was definitely Reinhard vs Vegeta. I had a lot of fun reading that.
Yeah, I hate to keep reminding you of that I kind of don't but it's all fun and games but I was very, very amused by that ending. :XD

Reinhard vs Vegeta has been the most intense match of the tournament, no doubt.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't disagree but Illiya's underdog win over that ReZero guy has a special place in my heart.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I didn't know Homura was from Fairy Tail.
the power of madoka reference to other series is too powerful

( i needed to post this somewhere but didnt find a place so here)

Status
Not open for further replies.