Games - Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Mafia Game 94 - Magi: The Crests of Magic - END GAME

Who do you consider the MVP of this game?

• Holt

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • + Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • - Holt

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • -/+ Holt

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • GrySun

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Belserion

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Erinwet

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hardy

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Evil3ye

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Pando

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Boobyfosh

• Haya-san

• Margi

• Desin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scary Sakura

• Hermit

• Seraph

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Seiko

• Marma

• Distrustedspeed

• DD

• Pompom-chan

• Jinx

• Big nose shinobi

• James

• Shobu Oak

• Equaling Hell

• Asako and Threeson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
so choosing to give the rukh (PM votes) to the right player can turn out very crucial.
Mafia has huge advantage here, they can discuss of it at night. and favor their mates obviously, reason why multiples parties (possibly 3) make sense. and that's why i think there might be lovers and possibly masons, so not only mafia get the advantage of communication.

And yeah i get 2 avys, instead of choosing, lets not those beautiful arts go to waste !

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Figured I'd do a quick response to some mechanics related questions about the game before bed.

All Magi are magicians, but while all magicians have a role at the start, not all magicians are Magi. No Magi are selected in the game until after Day 2. How they're selected is unknown to the masses.

Pretty much, anyone that wants to enter the dungeon and vote on who gets the Metal Vessel (role ability and Extreme Magic ability) can.

Everyone is told at the start via PM what their role is and that includes whether they are a magician or a Goi.

At the end of a day phase with dungeons in it, all the players in a particular dungeon get PMed a list of players in the dungeon and each player can vote of any of them through their own personal PMs.

No night pads for dungeons! You all from the Sacred World of Uga Land might be built different, but us from Alma Torran need time to sleep.

While all players in a dungeon get a list of the other players in said dungeon at the end of the day phase, players will have to sort out who is worth voting for themselves.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Speaking of sleep...
Son, srsly that all magis are magicians bu not all magicians are magi shit just made me even more confused :/

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
All [Magicians] start with a role and can potentially replace a dead [Magi] if one is loved by the [Rukh]

The 3 [Magi] are Magicians, but each can also choose to give 2 night action priority boosts and have a super-vote (counts as 2 votes) in dungeons. The first 3 Magi will be secretly selected among the magicians living in the game at the end of Day 2. Upon the death of a Magi after D2, the player most loved by the Rukh becomes the new Magi at the end of the following phase.
From the original post. There are no Magi yet, just Magicians.
Magi will be chosen in D2.

So for the difference between them:
- Magicians know their role, “can potentially replace a dead magi if loved by the Rukh” (I suppose we will know what that means later)
- Magi are magicians. But, they have a little extra something (on top of being magician). Dungeon super vote/Priority boost.

This does mean that there are more than just 3 magicians.

hope this helps a little?

Baka Taichou

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
But magis don.t have roles right, they ovtain them in dungeons?

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
No, the people that can be picked to be a magi are magicians. So they know they their roles too

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So for the difference between them:
- Magicians know their role, “can potentially replace a dead magi if loved by the Rukh” (I suppose we will know what that means later)
- Magi are magicians. But, they have a little extra something (on top of being magician). Dungeon super vote/Priority boost.
Thats how i interpret things too. So gois can get 1 use "extreme role" depending on the donjons they choose and Magicians can get an extra feat additional to their own role.
But magis don.t have roles right, they ovtain them in dungeons?
No, they are one of the magicians so they have role. they get just an additional feat, if i m not mistaken.

edit typo

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I see you’re going to try to kill me all game? With your bare hands?

Yes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So fresh new day, and seems hosts clarified on a lot since yesterday, should all make more sense now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hm seems more straight-forward that I read it now. The 3 Magis will only start existing after D2, so far all players are either Magicians and Goi.

The metal vessels(basically 1-shot role usages) can only go to Goi. So I assume there are more Goi players among us than Magicians. Still not sure whether sharing if we're Magician or Goi is a good idea, I'd say no but some have practically already done that it seems via role hinting so might as well go all the way with it now.

Whoever gets a metal vessel at night should be examined thoroughly next day, as it's very easy for mafia to influence it to give it to one of their Goi. Plus it should be simple for everyone to reveal who they voted and why, and any inconsistencies can be spotted easily.

The rukh thing means dead players will actually be able to vote for metal vessels/Magis, so even dead players can keep playing.

@SonOfDaws @Asako just some specific questions:

1. What does it mean to "unequip" the metal vessel? Since it says nowhere about equipping, I assume it gets auto-equipped as soon as it's obtained? But then what does unequipping accomplish?
2. What happens if most votes in the dungeon go to a Magician? Since presumably we only get names, but not highlighted who is a Goi, how do we avoid voting a Magician and wasting the metal vessel?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Pretty much, anyone that wants to enter the dungeon and vote on who gets the Metal Vessel (role ability and Extreme Magic ability) can.
Wait so it's not just a 1-shot use role, but metal vessel owners get a role + a special 1-shot power?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
My understanding is that some people don't have roles, which makes them goi and electable by PM voting to get the dungeon super power that will be announced the next day (confirming them as goi the next day).

The others with roles can also be voted for but instead of getting the dungeon super power they will become magis granting them an extra vote in the following dungeon.

There clearly have to be more magicians than just three, otherwise the magi replacement wouldn't make any sense. We don't know the ratio of magicians and goi though, but so far only three people have come out as magicians.

I wouldn't vote for someone who is magician myself though, as giving our gois potential killing weapons are much more important than giving someone an extra vote to elect them as magi.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
At the end of a day phase with dungeons in it, all the players in a particular dungeon get PMed a list of players in the dungeon and each player can vote of any of them through their own personal PMs.
So this is like, voting right after the day phase ends? Like right before the night phase thingie starts :hmm

No night pads for dungeons! You all from the Sacred World of Uga Land might be built different, but us from Alma Torran need time to sleep.

While all players in a dungeon get a list of the other players in said dungeon at the end of the day phase, players will have to sort out who is worth voting for themselves.
Eh?

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
I want to enter the Sound Dungeon, please.

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Asking just in case, but am I allowed to quote @SonOfDaws' answers to several questions I asked him in a PM? Cause they would answer some of the above questions.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Asking just in case, but am I allowed to quote @SonOfDaws' answers to several questions I asked him in a PM? Cause they would answer some of the above questions.
Not sure, quoting hosts is normally forbidden, i know in this case, it is different, but maybe ask Sony-kun to post in the thread what he did answer to you, or rephrase his answers.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
No, better rephrase the answers to be on the save side. Host PM quoting is always iiky, disregard the content itself.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I’ll be working up until the last few hours of this phase. Will be trying to read up a bit during the breaks 😊

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Damn, not being familiar with Magi certainly does not help. So entering Dungeons means you can't use any action right? My role is active but rather boring so I will probably be joining a dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.