Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 518 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 518 Spoilers & Discussion

EternalWinter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter translated

someone please pin
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Since we finally have all the names of the FH I will try with the little information we have to say which Greek gods they belong to.
I'll take the list of Olympians without including Hades.

-For simplicity I will say Zahard represents Zeus
-Eduan is Dionysus I think it's confirmed
-Yeon Hana could be Hestia (virgin goddess who represents the sacred fire) or Aphrodite (I think it says somewhere that she is the most beautiful)
Gustang: Hermes god of messengers and thieves, it is gustang who announces the change and he steals zahard
Bloodmadder: maybe Ares in "the" mythology no one likes Ares and he is put aside as well as being the weakest of the olympians could also apply to Hephaestus but with the name Bloodmadder I lean towards Ares
Ha yurin : no idea maybe athena
Troymerai: artemis for the animal connection
Blossom: no idea maybe demeter with the Enne story
Arie Hon: maybe Apollo with the fact that he is considered above the other Greek gods by being the "most Greek of gods" or Poseidon because he is n2 after zeus
Ari han: I'm not even trying
Tperrie: same
V: same
Arlene: same
Hera also loved her husband who had eyes for everyone else

Z loved only Arlene …..

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
Agreed,season 1 and 2 baam is momma boy but imo s3 baam has potential to make ladies wet considering yuri-sama said he will grow handsome in future.
With how Khun keeps mothering Baam, I'm unsure if girls are gonna be interested. Well at least Hwaryun kinda keep Khun in leash, maybe there is hope.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Don't think so. I saw a few theories/comments even before that love might be cursed in the tower because of the pattern and Zahard's history with love :mono:mono:mono. I think the Tower itself also doesn't really encourage the most healthy of relationships atleast, conventionally, or maintaining them, due to its dog-eat-dog world and lack of morality. Some other examples are
  1. Cha/Dowon- One of them gets sealed. Cha goes batshit insane and kills people iirc and gets himself sealed.
  2. Roen/Daniel- Roen sacrifices herself. Daniel makes a deal with the one Roen tried to seal/the perpetrator to try and get her back to life.
  3. Yura parents- Relationship doesn't seem to be approved because the dude was cursed.
  4. Jinsung/Unknown lady- Lady gets sold off iirc. Jinsung annihilates a branch family and is unable to save the woman.
  5. Goseng/Horyang- I dunno if this is exactly confirmed but they seem atleast mutual? Goseng stops climbing for a while to be beside a comatosed Horyang
  6. Arkraptor and wife- If I recall he was separated from his daughter and wife by the family of his wife who was probably from a notable family. Dadraptor is unfortunately dead without seeing them again.
  7. Gustang and Eurasia- don't know if they were in a very loving relationship but this one ended up horribly after their daughter was sealed off. Gustang was partly responsible for proposing the princess selection program idea to Zahard.
  8. Whatever Yama's/Doom's parents went into.
Even the great family leaders are ambiguous. Ari Han/Yurin Ha atleast had children but their current relationship is unknown. Yeon Hana has some thing with forming a contract to not feel anything towards the opposite sex according to the wiki. Eduan is a womanizer etc etc.

I personally can't see Bam forming romantic relationships since he looks...very uninterested with the advances or attention he gets from others. It could be possible in the end...having a love interest right now would just be another leverage against him and I'm still unsure if he has conviction enough to stay with those he wants to protect.
Well, marriages in part are sustained by the need for each other in times of need to come in elderly years. If you take that away and make both super independant, staying together like that might just be a bother in most cases. They have to live forever locked up to a same person, when they could vary. Don't know for sure how would relationships stay monogamic if people were forever young.

Romance won't stand the crude reality of having that person eternally available. Not saying there wouldn't be other (fun) things possibly keeping them together, but romance at least tends to weaken out severely. Tho I'm not an elder and this Isn't my personal experience, I might be entirely wrong about it.

zoradante1

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
With how Khun keeps mothering Baam, I'm unsure if girls are gonna be interested. Well at least Hwaryun kinda keep Khun in leash, maybe there is hope.
hopefully maschenny will get wet when she sees baam's power imo.

sazon

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Agreed,season 1 and 2 baam is momma boy but imo s3 baam has potential to make ladies wet considering yuri-sama said he will grow handsome in future.
SIU and his design don't agree with her

Don't know for sure how would relationships stay monogamic if people were forever young.
It would be an interesting point to address in a story, not least because 90% of any story that involves eternity is a cliché novel. But we know that in the end SIU is just lonely. lmao

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Im curious HJ is talking about maschenny or 8th son
When he said: “that one in front of here is to high for you” im really want to be the 8th son and because the theory about Mas wanting him to fight him would be true and i really want to see HJ fighting again because i still has doubt if he use that “rage” on Kallavan.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
When he said: “that one in front of here is to high for you” im really want to be the 8th son and because the theory about Mas wanting him to fight him would be true and i really want to see HJ fighting again because i still has doubt if he use that “rage” on Kallavan.
There is no specific reason for jinsung to direct his rage at kallavan though. Kallavan hasn't actually hurt bam and jinsung's rage was originally against his own family and other great families over what happened to his lover. I am all for the rage being a thing in the future but the trigger to that should be actual loss or the specific culprits over what happened to his lover. Given how this arc gets increasingly bonkers with high level people it's not that far out an idea that perhaps someone jinsung specifically hates would show up. Though in turn mascheny apparently wants jinsung to do something for his student... So who knows.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
None of the two IMO. The part about "stands in a place too high for us" can also be read as "Supreme Being" according to translators. As far as we know as readers, there are only 12 characters that someone like Ha Jinsung would surely consider as Gods or Higher Existences:
  • Zahard
  • The Ten Family Leaders
  • Urek (although he's not treated like that; he's not interested either)
While Maschenny and the 8th Son should both be very strong, it's pretty clear they shouldn't be on a level to make Jinsung consider them deities. Given the situation, Jinsung is probably talking about Traumerei the way I see it.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe Mas told Jin that LPB FH was on his way and she shared his intentions for Baam! I also believe she shared Yurin’s intentions for Baam, which is to go rescue Yuri! Jin has that 1000 years estranged relative look lol! Mas #1 goal that she’s been tasked with is to cause chaos!!!

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
But HJ said: “that one waiting in front of here”
So is somebody that is already there that he know or sensed, the only one in front of them is the 8th son
Mmm. The 8th son could be HJ generation.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
But HJ said: “that one waiting in front of here”
So is somebody that is already there that he know or sensed, the only one in front of them is the 8th son
Mmm. The 8th son could be HJ generation.
8th son could have immortality!?

lazybum

Reaction score
Country
France
Immortality as in not dying by age? I suppose that's possible, shinsu can stop you from aging. As in dying from wound and the like? Well White cheated death with his spell, I'm sure other HR can also have ways to cling to life despite mortal wounds or being "killed". For anima, I can see like if your human body dies, you fuse soul? consciousness? with your animal, which what Dokoko did actually.

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
While Maschenny and the 8th Son should both be very strong, it's pretty clear they shouldn't be on a level to make Jinsung consider them deities.
Anybody remember the time when a certain someone argued this point for an entire week?
:umad

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Immortality as in not dying by age? I suppose that's possible, shinsu can stop you from aging. As in dying from wound and the like? Well White cheated death with his spell, I'm sure other HR can also have ways to cling to life despite mortal wounds or being "killed". For anima, I can see like if your human body dies, you fuse soul? consciousness? with your animal, which what Dokoko did actually.
Standard ranker immortality seems to include essentially halted aging after a point. We have seen rankers that date back to the age of genesis and have been active since (lyboric, luch) and they didn't seem to have aged by any meaningful amount since then. And genesis was a long time ago even by tower standards. Genesis was such a long time ago that dowon and cha weren't familiar with second generation slayers. There was also that ranker kallavan fought at the wall of peaceful coexistence...

I think the soul transfer thing we saw from dokoko was specific to his eagle. It's not necessarily the case that other members of the lpb family can or can't do that.

As for the 8th son... We are talking about someone that gave pause to the entire hidden grove team, assuming he still controls that giant snake. Dowon has shown she is pretty powerful... She hasn't yet evidenced being kallavan level but she seems stronger than karaka and division commanders in general. Cha seems even more powerful than her so far. Every time he makes a move he surprises people with his skill or power. It's not impossible that he would be someone with the strength to be relevant among slayers or corps commanders... Hard to say how strong luch was though he is clearly nowhere near at least lyboric. And the others are completely unknown. So the 8th son is incredibly old just in general, has a presumably incredibly powerful shineuh... Bam and co need reinforcements.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Standard ranker immortality seems to include essentially halted aging after a point. We have seen rankers that date back to the age of genesis and have been active since (lyboric, luch) and they didn't seem to have aged by any meaningful amount since then. And genesis was a long time ago even by tower standards. Genesis was such a long time ago that dowon and cha weren't familiar with second generation slayers. There was also that ranker kallavan fought at the wall of peaceful coexistence...

I think the soul transfer thing we saw from dokoko was specific to his eagle. It's not necessarily the case that other members of the lpb family can or can't do that.

As for the 8th son... We are talking about someone that gave pause to the entire hidden grove team, assuming he still controls that giant snake. Dowon has shown she is pretty powerful... She hasn't yet evidenced being kallavan level but she seems stronger than karaka and division commanders in general. Cha seems even more powerful than her so far. Every time he makes a move he surprises people with his skill or power. It's not impossible that he would be someone with the strength to be relevant among slayers or corps commanders... Hard to say how strong luch was though he is clearly nowhere near at least lyboric. And the others are completely unknown. So the 8th son is incredibly old just in general, has a presumably incredibly powerful shineuh... Bam and co need reinforcements.
Lmao there is no indication that Cha is stronger than Dowon. The RoZA requested for Dowon to be sealed not Cha lol! Cha defeated Kendrick who was not strong at all lol!!! How the hell did that impress lol!

Ignorant

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
???????
there’s people older than the family heads without inmortality contract
And HJ just said that there’s somone above baam no him!
In front of them.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
If someone is truly there the 8th son would sense their presence lol! Gustang can’t be there because he preparing for war vs LPB army! Waiting for the readings to conclude to be exact!

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Lmao there is no indication that Cha is stronger than Dowon. The RoZA requested for Dowon to be sealed not Cha lol! Cha defeated Kendrick who was not strong at all lol!!! How the hell did that impress lol!
Cha stayed unsealed and highly active for a while after she was sealed. He could have grown enough in that meantime.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cha stayed unsealed and highly active for a while after she was sealed. He could have grown enough in that meantime.
I never thought about that but I still refuse to believe he’s stronger! We do know that HG fell apart after Dowon was sealed!
SIU has made him out to be inferior story wise. RoZA wanted Dowon to be sealed, sent Kallavan to retrieve Dowon! Dowon is who the RoZA values!!!

Baam needs true Wave Controller for a teacher! And needs someone to show him how to defend properly! Dowon and Kallavan fit those specs perfectly

Last edited:

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I never thought about that but I still refuse to believe he’s stronger! We do know that HG fell apart after Dowon was sealed!
SIU has made him out to be inferior story wise. RoZA wanted Dowon to be sealed, sent Kallavan to retrieve Dowon! Dowon is who the RoZA values!!!
They sent Yasurach to Cha's wall too.