Discussion - Re-rank genius 10 based on their strenght on your own opinion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Re-rank genius 10 based on their strenght on your own opinion

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's probably worth mentioning that Tohno played at 60% against Marui for most of the match though. When he started going all-out was also when the racket slipped out of his hand, so there's very little data about whether he could've broken down Wonder Castle normally over time or not. Also, even though they're his special moves, the executions aren't the main reason why Tohno's part of the G10. According to what Tanegashima said in chapter 233, Tohno's selling point is his strong spirit.

Granted, that's difficult to factor into these sorts of discussions, but it shouldn't be completely disregarded either.

Personally, my concerns with putting Tokugawa higher up is that he didn't draw out the same strength against Volk as he did against Byoudouin. There was definitely a change for the better again at the end, but in my eyes it's important to see how his base power compares to other players.

There's also Black Hole's time limit, so it's not reliable over the course of two or even three entire sets.
Just a quick question. If Ryoga did not left, Tokugawa will not be even part of the genius 10 right? He will be like irie.

About Tokugawa, I doubt he can beat Tanegashima and Oni. Byodoin and Duke is more debatable. Tokugawa COULD have beat Byodoin. Duke and Tokugawa, I can see their match can go either way, Tokugawa is more skilled,But Duke power can make Tokugawa forfeit.

About black hole, every godlike techniques have burden and had limit.

But isn't it the case for top 5? Duke homerun, Onis Kijin, and Byodlin pirates have all burden and limit. I think only Tanegashima void is the only exception here.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If Ryoga did not left, Tokugawa will not be even part of the genius 10 right? He will be like irie.
No way to know for sure, but that's probably correct.

As for limitations, we're not aware of Ki Jin having one I think.

Echizen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I will go with this :

For Hser :
1. Byodoin
2. Tanegashima
3. Oni
4. Tokugawa
5. Duke

For Mser:
1. Ryoma
2. Yukimura
3. Atobe
4. Kintarou
5. Fuji

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I will go with this :

For Hser :
1. Byodoin
2. Tanegashima
3. Oni
4. Tokugawa
5. Duke

For Mser:
1. Ryoma
2. Yukimura
3. Atobe
4. Kintarou
5. Fuji
So, you maintained the genius 5 and switch Duke and Oni. Well, I kinda agree with that. I really cannot see how great Duke is. HE IS GOOD. But the 4 above him are more skilled.

As for Msers. I will put Fuji at 4. And Sanada/Kintarou tied at 5th. Kintarou haa TNK but I don't think he can use it in a long drawn match.

erosares286

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I will go with this :

For Hser :
1. Byodoin
2. Tanegashima
3. Oni
4. Tokugawa
5. Duke

For Mser:
1. Ryoma
2. Yukimura
3. Atobe
4. Kintarou
5. Fuji
I put kintarou over atobe. Agree with your ranking on hser.
1. Ryoma
2. yukimura
3. Kintarou
4-6. fuji, sanada,atobe

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Reranking Genius 10 ( As of Near the end of Byodoin Vs Volk Match)

I think we can update this now. These are my rankings with explanation.

10. Omagari - Imo, he just prove next to nothing so far. He can climb though. I bet he will have a major match. And will show something

9. Ikuto - I don't really like his style. "The negotiations". Especially if that is his calling card. He just lacks techniques and strength compared to his peers imo.

8. Mori - It is close between Mori and Ochi. But I gave Ochi the edge. Mori is a good all around jack of all trades player. But he doesn't have that one specialty and go to move. Though, his sleeping Tennis can be OP at times.

7. Ochi - Ochi and his serve are awesome. It is almost unreturnable. His Mental Strength is also a plus factor. His Mental Pressure can be useful against skilled but mentally weak opponents. But I think he is very beatable as long as you overcome his mental pressure

6. Tono - I think he is a little underrated. With his execution moves, it puts fear to his opponents. The threat to be injured, or even killed is very disturbing to the psychological aspect of a player. However, his lack of self control sometimes makes him falter.

OK, now we go to the serious discussion. The Top 5

5. Duke - Ouch, the mere fact that duke is only 5th shows you how strong Genius 10 are. He is probably the best Power Player in the tournament. And aside from power, he also have finesse that complements his powerful style.

4. Tokugawa - His Blackhole is really amazing. It almost cancels/negate the spin of the ball completely, and have tokugawa have control of the ball. He may up his rank if he show me something next round if he plays.

3. Oni - To be Honest, when Oni activated TNK + Asura against QP. I thought he is the strongest among G10 already. Especially we are told that Oni defeated Byodoin last 2 or 3 years. Oni's combination of power and skills are too dominant, it needed QP to play seriously and activate his god form to beat him. But I think the last 2 can still beat him:

2. Tanegashima - His Void was already unbelievable. Now he just not can only do Void of balls, but also void of himself. He is like kuroko in KNB where his lack of presence makes him invisible and non-existent. Not to mention his ability to return and counter almost all kind of shots.

1. Byodoin- Ok, when I saw Oni and Tanegashima powered up. I told myself, Byodoin must show something to me to consider him above the two. And he CONVINCINGLY did. I reckon Tanegashima and Oni will not even snap out of Volk's infinite loop. Byodoin's World Techniques, Mental Strength,Power, and Spirit makes him a top tier in the tourney. Good enough to compete with Volk, Medanore, or maybe Ryoga. And the fact that he always revive when he died, and becoming stronger each time shows you that he is not even human. He is the Boss for a reason!!!!

PS: Please correct me if I made some mistakes or misremembered. But that is my ranking so far.

Last edited:

erosares286

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Reranking Genius 10 ( As of Near the end of Byodoin Vs Volk Match)

I think we can update this now. These are my rankings with explanation.

10. Omagari - Imo, he just prove next to nothing so far. He can climb though. I bet he will have a major match. And will show something

9. Ikuto - I don't really like his style. "The negotiations". Especially if that is his calling card. He just lacks techniques and strength compared to his peers imo.

8. Mori - It is close between Mori and Ochi. But I gave Ochi the edge. Mori is a good all around jack of all trades player. But he doesn't have that one specialty and go to move. Though, his sleeping Tennis can be OP at times.

7. Ochi - Ochi and his serve are awesome. It is almost unreturnable. His Mental Strength is also a plus factor. His Mental Pressure can be useful against skilled but mentally weak opponents. But I think he is very beatable as long as you overcome his mental pressure

6. Tono - I think he is a little underrated. With his execution moves, it puts fear to his opponents. The threat to be injured, or even killed is very disturbing to the psychological aspect of a player. However, his lack of self control sometimes makes him falter.

OK, now we go to the serious discussion. The Top 5

5. Duke - Ouch, the mere fact that duke is only 5th shows you how strong Genius 10 are. He is probably the best Power Player in the tournament. And aside from power, he also have finesse that complements his powerful style.

4. Tokugawa - His Blackhole is really amazing. It almost cancels/negate the spin of the ball completely, and have tokugawa have control of the ball. He may up his rank if he show me something next round if he plays.

3. Oni - To be Honest, when Oni activated TNK + Asura against QP. I thought he is the strongest among G10 already. Especially we are told that Oni defeated Byodoin last 2 or 3 years. Oni's combination of power and skills are too dominant, it needed QP to play seriously and activate his god form to beat him. But I think the last 2 can still beat him:

2. Tanegashima - His Void was already unbelievable. Now he just not can only do Void of balls, but also void of himself. He is like kuroko in KNB where his lack of presence makes him invisible and non-existent. Not to mention his ability to return and counter almost all kind of shots.

1. Byodoin- Ok, when I saw Oni and Tanegashima powered up. I told myself, Byodoin must show something to me to consider him above the two. And he CONVINCINGLY did. I reckon Tanegashima and Oni will not even snap out of Volk's infinite loop. Byodoin's World Techniques, Mental Strength,Power, and Spirit makes him a top tier in the tourney. Good enough to compete with Volk, Medanore, or maybe Ryoga. And the fact that he always revive when he died, and becoming stronger each time shows you that he is not even human. He is the Boss for a reason!!!!

PS: Please correct me if I made some mistakes or misremembered. But that is my ranking so far.
I put Ochi above Tohno. As for Byodouin, no doubt, right now he is the strongest player on Team Japan. As for the others, my ranking will be like these
2. Oni
3. Tanegashima
4. Tokugawa
5. Duke
6. Ochi
7.Mori
8. Tohno
9. Ohmagari
10. Ikuto
I will put Irie no. 4 or 5 😅

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I put Ochi above Tohno. As for Byodouin, no doubt, right now he is the strongest player on Team Japan. As for the others, my ranking will be like these
2. Oni
3. Tanegashima
4. Tokugawa
5. Duke
6. Ochi
7.Mori
8. Tohno
9. Ohmagari
10. Ikuto
I will put Irie no. 4 or 5 😅
Poor ohmagari and Ikuto.

But I think Ohmagari has a chance to shine in Finals. I think Ikuto's character arc is already over.

Tohno, Mori and Ochi I think are of the same level and can beat each other.

Oh, You have Oni Over Tanegashima. I also had a hard time deciding that. Largely depends on how Tanegashima's Void can counter Oni's Power and TNK

erosares286

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Poor ohmagari and Ikuto.

But I think Ohmagari has a chance to shine in Finals. I think Ikuto's character arc is already over.

Tohno, Mori and Ochi I think are of the same level and can beat each other.

Oh, You have Oni Over Tanegashima. I also had a hard time deciding that. Largely depends on how Tanegashima's Void can counter Oni's Power and TNK
Yep, I put Oni higher than Tane based on their last match. Do you think Tane can do much better than Oni if he plays singles 3 against QP? If Japan wins, for sure Tokugawa will play against Spain, and for sure he will have a huge power up. I also want to see Hser doubles pair from the g10 against Spain. Do you think is there any chance, Tane play again in the Finals?

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yep, I put Oni higher than Tane based on their last match. Do you think Tane can do much better than Oni if he plays singles 3 against QP? If Japan wins, for sure Tokugawa will play against Spain, and for sure he will have a huge power up. I also want to see Hser doubles pair from the g10 against Spain. Do you think is there any chance, Tane play again in the Finals?
I really don't think so. It will be more on Middle Schoolers. Only Hs I think that will surely play is Tokugawa. And maybe Ohmagari if he will be given time to shine. Oh. And Also Irie.

Idk. Since I really think Ryoma, Kintaro, Fuji, and Atobe needs to play.

So, if it is a traditional 2 doubles, 3 singles. I bet it will be like

D2: Ohmagari and Fuji/Kintaro
D1: Atobe/Irie
S3: Fuji or Kintaro
S2: Tokugawa
S1: Ryoma

erosares286

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I really don't think so. It will be more on Middle Schoolers. Only Hs I think that will surely play is Tokugawa. And maybe Ohmagari if he will be given time to shine. Oh. And Also Irie.

Idk. Since I really think Ryoma, Kintaro, Fuji, and Atobe needs to play.

So, if it is a traditional 2 doubles, 3 singles. I bet it will be like

D2: Ohmagari and Fuji/Kintaro
D1: Atobe/Irie
S3: Fuji or Kintaro
S2: Tokugawa
S1: Ryoma
I rather want to see OCHI play in the finals than OHMAGARI, or let them play doubles together atleast we can see a Hser doubles pair in the WC 😁
My lineup in the finals will be
D2. Atobe/Fuji
D1. Ohmagari/Ochi
S3. Irie
S2. Tokugawa
S1. Ryoma
I want to see Irie play singles so we can see his full strength

Adamska

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
1- Byōdōin Hōō( Top tier alongside Monster Volk( hi, Konomi-san), the Vicious Maverick Genius Medanore, and The Devil himself Ryoga).
2- Tanegashima
3&4- Oni/Duke( I can't say who's stronger)
5- Tokugawa( yet to unveil his true strength)
6- Ohmagari
7- Irie
8- Tohno
9- Ochi
10- Mori

Ikuto lacked depth in his matches while he had more presence in different ways. Irie is somewhat a mystery, yet to show his cards. As for Ohmagari, his interaction with Akutsu and his recent appearance where he's saving Boss' hat on his own, a panel of his own. Plus, being #6 only for endurance and two rackets?
As for Duke, some posters said after Tezuka's showtime that he'd beat Duke. I say not yet. We never got to see The Destroyer. No MSer has a chance against him. Mifune wouldn't put Duke against Camus if he'd have no chance of beating Camus or he would be beat by MSers even as strong as Tezuka.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
1- Byōdōin Hōō( Top tier alongside Monster Volk( hi, Konomi-san), the Vicious Maverick Genius Medanore, and The Devil himself Ryoga).
2- Tanegashima
3&4- Oni/Duke( I can't say who's stronger)
5- Tokugawa( yet to unveil his true strength)
6- Ohmagari
7- Irie
8- Tohno
9- Ochi
10- Mori

Ikuto lacked depth in his matches while he had more presence in different ways. Irie is somewhat a mystery, yet to show his cards. As for Ohmagari, his interaction with Akutsu and his recent appearance where he's saving Boss' hat on his own, a panel of his own. Plus, being #6 only for endurance and two rackets?
As for Duke, some posters said after Tezuka's showtime that he'd beat Duke. I say not yet. We never got to see The Destroyer. No MSer has a chance against him. Mifune wouldn't put Duke against Camus if he'd have no chance of beating Camus or he would be beat by MSers even as strong as Tezuka.
Come on. Ryoma Can beat any Hser with plot armor. Jk. lmao (But somehow true,lol)

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Kimijima is mad underrated here. He was putting up a good fight basically playing 1vs2 with those 2 having 30 total in stats.

1. Byoudouin
2. Oni
3. Tanegashima
4. Duke
5. Tokugawa (probably ends at 1 at the end of the series)
6. Kaji (can be ignored because we never saw him play)
7. Ohmagari
8. Kimijima
9. Ochi
10. Tohno
11. Mouri

Straightforward, but after Greece I think Ochi deserves a bump. Unsure about Mouri.

Edit: Oh forgot about Irie. Probably 4th place rn, 5th when Tokugawa gets buffed.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Kimijima is mad underrated here. He was putting up a good fight basically playing 1vs2 with those 2 having 30 total in stats.

1. Byoudouin
2. Oni
3. Tanegashima
4. Duke
5. Tokugawa (probably ends at 1 at the end of the series)
6. Kaji (can be ignored because we never saw him play)
7. Ohmagari
8. Kimijima
9. Ochi
10. Tohno
11. Mouri

Straightforward, but after Greece I think Ochi deserves a bump. Unsure about Mouri.

Edit: Oh forgot about Irie. Probably 4th place rn, 5th when Tokugawa gets buffed.
Ok. I will rerank now as of Finals D2

1. Byoudouin (8C + Revival + Kijin)
2. Tokugawa (Asura + Righteousness Kijin + Black Holes)
3. Oni (TNK + Demon Kijin)
4. Tanegashima (Invisibility and Void Negations)
5. Duke (Buddha Kijin + Power)
6. Irie ( TNK + Heart/Psychological Acting Manipulation)
7. Ochi (Former #4)
8. Kaji (As of Respect as former #5)
9. Ohmagari
10. Kimijama
11. Tohno
12. Mouri

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok. I will rerank now as of Finals D2

1. Byoudouin (8C + Revival + Kijin)
2. Tokugawa (Asura + Righteousness Kijin + Black Holes)
3. Oni (TNK + Demon Kijin)
4. Tanegashima (Invisibility and Void Negations)
5. Duke (Buddha Kijin + Power)
6. Irie ( TNK + Heart/Psychological Acting Manipulation)
7. Ochi (Former #4)
8. Kaji (As of Respect as former #5)
9. Ohmagari
10. Kimijama
11. Tohno
12. Mouri
While I don't dispute Ochi's placement. I don't think we can use Former #4 as a feat. If anything it makes him look bad. He dropped 5 slots and until/ unless we're told there was a reason like Oni's where he dropped not because of Skill but other reasons, we can only conclude that the other 5 are better

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
While I don't dispute Ochi's placement. I don't think we can use Former #4 as a feat. If anything it makes him look bad. He dropped 5 slots and until/ unless we're told there was a reason like Oni's where he dropped not because of Skill but other reasons, we can only conclude that the other 5 are better
I always thought it is because he was partnered with Mouri. And doubles placing are given badges 7-10.

Isnt it too much of a coincidence that Genius 10 Doubles Pairs are 7/8 and 9/10?

Though Tanehashima/Ohmagari are 2/6. Maybe Tane left Ohmagari to compete in singles. and climb up to #2. Maybe Tane was former #5.

But yeah, we need to wait in his Finals Match.

I think it will be explained.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
The reason was that he had lost "something" that he now got back since pairing with Mouri.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My problem with ranking Tokugawa high right now is that if he plays against anyone on the top 5 spots seriously, he needs to go all out with Black Holes and likely dies in the process. At best he can keep them up for a single set but that's already forcing it imo.

...unless his evolved Asura is really that strong and can fight head on against anyone not named Byoudouin without the need of Black Holes.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
The reason was that he had lost "something" that he now got back since pairing with Mouri.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My problem with ranking Tokugawa high right now is that if he plays against anyone on the top 5 spots seriously, he needs to go all out with Black Holes and likely dies in the process. At best he can keep them up for a single set but that's already forcing it imo.
He already Beat Duke. And he was not dying iirc. He even have energy to save Duke's Sister.

Was there a sign Toku wouldnt be able to perform better against Duke if that was 3 sets?