Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 264 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
No chapter this week?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So now I am wondering about sin's identity again... There aren't that many folk who are 3000 years old around. Being named sin and being a fox makes one think of ban but ban is definitely not 3000 years old. 1500 at the most. That said, ban is definitely connected to the fairy king's forest... so maybe sin is a fairy in disguise? A fairy committed enough to not fly. Maybe sin is gerharde? I suppose my memory is a tad rusty on characters potentially at the 3000 year old range.

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
So now I am wondering about sin's identity again... There aren't that many folk who are 3000 years old around. Being named sin and being a fox makes one think of ban but ban is definitely not 3000 years old. 1500 at the most. That said, ban is definitely connected to the fairy king's forest... so maybe sin is a fairy in disguise? A fairy committed enough to not fly. Maybe sin is gerharde? I suppose my memory is a tad rusty on characters potentially at the 3000 year old range.
Apart from Fairy Kings and their siblings, fairies don't live that long. No species lives that long without curses.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Apart from Fairy Kings and their siblings, fairies don't live that long. No species lives that long without curses.
Welp, sure, that is why I suggested gerharde and why his comment about being 3000 years old is so interesting.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Give the spoilers please, also heard Arthur appears this chapter?

Mael of the sun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I remember before serialization, when people were like the series would be around 120 chapters, we have reached 52 and it looks like we a yet to scratch the surface

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So they are called the Dark Talismans.

Nakaba really teasing us about Sin's identity. He is definitely related to the Fairies. I don't remember King himself using a spell like this before.

Hard to believe that Percival can't beat one of these guys by himself. He probably can, but it's nice to see some teamwork.

Redworld96

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So they are called the Dark Talismans.

Nakaba really teasing us about Sin's identity. He is definitely related to the Fairies. I don't remember King himself using a spell like this before.

Hard to believe that Percival can't beat one of these guys by himself. He probably can, but it's nice to see some teamwork.
We also didn't know he had the "Seed of awakening" technique until we saw him using it on Cursed by Light (but maybe this one couldn't be used until he awakened his true powers).
But yes, I am surprised King knows more than we've seen.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
We also didn't know he had the "Seed of awakening" technique until we saw him using it on Cursed by Light (but maybe this one couldn't be used until he awakened his true powers).
But yes, I am surprised King knows more than we've seen.
We haven't even seen all the forms of Chastiefol so stuff like this doesn't surprise me. It's that casual reveal from Sin which does.

Vortigern

Reaction score
Country
Finland
It's cool how the group is not just using the terrain to their advantage but also utilize distractions, spells and strategy. Unfortunately for them, the knight looks like he's going to tank the combo attack pretty easily thanks to his armor. In NNT everyone was so strong that armor offered about as much protection as wet paper, so it's nice that it's actually of some use in the sequel. Hopefully things stay that way, perhaps through the introduction of some kind of magical enchanted armor similar to Percival's cape and helm. Nakaba armor's designs are very creative and they are one of my favorite visuals elements in the series, so I would definitely want to see them featured more. I know that they can be somewhat complicated to draw, but perhaps Nakaba could get around that by making them instantly equippable when necessary through the use of some sort of a magic item, so that he would only have to draw the armor during fight scenes.

Considering how outmatched the good guys are, things certainly seem to be heading towards a scenario where Sin will have no choice but to join the fight. I wonder if that could be related to the scene with Pellegarde. Percival and co. are softies that have so far not killed any of their enemies, but Sin gives me the impression that he wouldn't hesitate to finish off his opponents, especially if they happen discover his true identity. Perhaps Pellegarde has to be brought in to observe the fight because none of the Dark Talismans are going to make it out of the forest alive. Maybe he could even be set up as an enemy for Sin to face later on similar to how Ironside is clearly meant to be Percival's main foe.

I wouldn't read into the 3000 year thing too much. There are very few creatures that can even live that long to begin with, but 3000 years is also roughly how long it's been since the first holy war. If Sin is an established character, he would have to be either Meliodas, Elizabeth, Merlin or Gowther, all of whom can be pretty easily ruled out when the dream of the bride is taken into account. There are technically also some Ten Commandment members and archangels who were around during the first holy war, but the demons didn't age while in the seal and the archangels are 5000-6000 years old so none of them fit the bill. Same thing with Gerheade, who is over 4000 years old. If Sin's claim about being 3000 years old were true, he would have to be a completely new character, which would defeat the purpose of making a big deal out of his true identity in the first place. I think Sin was just joking around and referencing Meliodas while at it, which could be a hint that Sin admires him.

Hawk's species can apparently live for millions of years, but they are a bit of a special case given that they are native to Purgatory.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
I remember before serialization, when people were like the series would be around 120 chapters, we have reached 52 and it looks like we a yet to scratch the surface
Yeah sadly, and by OG nnt we had already got 3-4 sins by now lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Donny as usual not running but fighting ahead was good to see and looking forward to Pelgard and Percival meeting again

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Curious to know what is Elgin's Magic. Carrion Eater is a pretty ominous name. His name and armor's design are hints but I doubt we are going to see him a Human eating people?

The fact that Nasiens tested the effects of the horn probably means they'll need it in this fight.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ayy, King getting some love.

Whoever Sin is, it really seems like they've been thoroughly prepped for this mission. Also, first the casual "friends of the forest" mention and now the Fairy King? Either Sin is Lancelot or he may actually be one of Kiane's kids...*sigh* I wish...

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like Percival shouldn't have much trouble with this knight, especially given his exponential power upgrade using the sword + magic. I guess we'll see what happens.