Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 572 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 44 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 572 Spoilers & Discussion

Headlights

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Let’s be honest there’s no way in hell AA truly thought he could outfox Traum here! Traum has no reason to accept but he did, that should have been the 1st and only red flag!
we will se next chapter when that Khun vault chessboard kicks in...though that just might be the optimist in me.

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thorn is just a weapon to make the task to kill Zahard easier. It doesn't have the ability to nullify contract, hence why non-irregular cannot use it to kill Zahard unless an irregular soul is melted in it (it is the irregular who nullify the contract). I don't think FH can kill Zahard, they are irregular but they signed the immortality contract, binding themselves to it, they are no longer free from that particular contract (it explain why Arlene cannot kill herself). If FH can kill Zahard, Gustang would have used the thorn himself.
I'm not sure this is the case. We don't really know how the Thorn works. Particularly the full Thorn.

We know what Karaka THOUGHT was the case.

We also don't know if Gustang knows where all the pieces are. He might actually just be using Baam to collect them, just to snatch it later.

Or, maybe he'll just use ThornBaam on the end of a stick to jab at Zahard.

We are at 572 chapters but we still have people saying "A only beat B because he had a spear, because he had a shield" for God's sake, animas use shinheuhs, Dokoko still had her whip and without a shinheuh he would be strong but not so much , finally someone (Yenalts) said what I wanted to say, Bellerin and Matte are common rankers, but Tiara we don't know, Khun said there were two rankers but rankers encompass everything, it can be an R, an AR or HR, and Sly think about it, it is logical that Kirin is stronger than a shinheuh from a BH, to kill an anima you definitely have to kill its shinheuh, you saw Dokoko, Ren and probably Yorari who passed their soul to their shinheuh, Pudidy and Perseus would have done the same if their shinheuhs hadn't died too, so if Kirin is much superior to a BH anima it is logical that it is superior to its shinheuh
So... I wonder if two anima go head-to-head, can the one with stronger control just take the shinheuh from the other? Is there some sort of 'bond' that must be overcome? Can you only take the shinheuh if you defeat the pokemaster that uses it?

Baam is going to get Rei to move when he face rolls the remaining 2 branch heads
But they're heading towards HJ and Cha.

HahHahhHhHhHhahahhahahabHhHHhHhHahahahahahahahahahahahHnHnHhhHhBbnHhHjhHhhahHahhAhhahahahahhahahahah
Wtf is he talking about - there is no blog saying Gustang wanted to keep climbing. Sly??
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

we will se next chapter when that Khun vault chessboard kicks in...though that just might be the optimist in me.
I think that ship has sailed. I was hoping it had some ability to force a contract on the winner/loser or something. But, I think the limit of the Khun intellect begins and ends with his delay in the stream. The chessboard was just the means to an end. Also note the 'convenience factor' that even AA expresses at lugging it around...

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I'm not sure this is the case. We don't really know how the Thorn works. Particularly the full Thorn.

We know what Karaka THOUGHT was the case.

We also don't know if Gustang knows where all the pieces are. He might actually just be using Baam to collect them, just to snatch it later.

Or, maybe he'll just use ThornBaam on the end of a stick to jab at Zahard.
We know from SIU that the Thorn can only be used by irregular.

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
That doesn't invalidate or address anything I brought up.
If you don't consider it invalidating, then consider it as completing. Part of what Karaka thought was the case was confirmed by SIU (that only irregular can use the Thorn), so it is not merely we know what Karaka thought was the case, we also know what was confirmed by SIU.

Last edited:

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
That partially invalidate the Karaka part as part of what Karaka thought is confirmed by SIU (that only irregular can use the Thorn).
No, not at all.

There is a big difference between a living irregular using the Thorn, and experimental solution that MIGHT make an irregular weapon. It hadn't been done before, and we'll never know if it was possible (same with FUG/Workshop).

For all we know Thorn is hard-coded to living Baam.

Even Gustang wanted to see it in the hands of an irregular (he himself is an irregular).

Also, Workshop thought it was the demon they put in Baam that would enable Thorn to activate - not his irregularness. So, they're either wrong or there is more to the story that we know. Even SIU says Thorn powers are OP, growing, and not yet all revealed. And that its function is different for the user. The other side of that is only irregulars seem to be able to ignite it. A conundrum.

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
But they're heading towards HJ and Cha.
Who is heading to JH and Cha? Baam and Co? Well the 2 BH were sent to capture the traitor AND BaamCo. I guess JH and Cha could take on the BH, might be a nice showcase of the Elderly fighting, but I think the BH will reach Baam first since JH and Cha cha cha chia are riding TraMusk's Big Rocket Dugong. But since baam has like 1/16th of harem with him, we can see him showcase his Levi powers

Last edited:

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
No, not at all.
Reread my post, it has beed edited.

For all we know Thorn is hard-coded to living Baam.
SIU stated that Rachel just like other irregular can use the Thorn.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Also, Workshop thought it was the demon they put in Baam that would enable Thorn to activate - not his irregularness.
The demon is required to activate it but irregular status is also needed.

SIU statement that only irregular can use the thorn came after the demon revelation.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Reread my post, it has beed edited.

SIU stated that Rachel just like other irregular can use the Thorn.

SIU statement that only irregular can use the thorn came after the demon revelation.
You're proving my point re: Workshop - it was theory. They thought the demon was needed, which Rachel does not have.

Yes, Rachel can use it, but HOW SO? SIU also said its function changes with its user. Rachel can wield it as an irregular, but we don't know what effect that would have.

Gustang, again, is an irregular himself, but wanted to see what Baam can do with the Thorn. There is a reason for that.

And since Workshop was shooting in the dark, so was Karaka. They didn't KNOW if they could successfully meld the two - Baam and a Thorn fragment, to a success, they thought they could, but they didn't even actually know how to use it much less what activated it (irregularity, not the implanted demon).

As such, Karaka's plan might not have worked at all. That was my initial point on that matter.

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
We just saw the thorn activate it on its own or maybe BT activated it but from my observation the Thorn has actively grown along with Bam! Let’s say Karaka did melt Bam at the time and acquired the Thorn it would only be and remain at that weak lvl Bam was compared to now!

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
We just saw the thorn activate it on its own or maybe BT activated it but from my observation the Thorn has actively grown along with Bam! Let’s say Karaka did melt Bam at the time and acquired the Thorn it would only be and remain at that weak lvl Bam was compared to now!
That shouldn't be surprising as SIU says it is a 'growing weapon' - and the obvious part is that it will get stronger as it is incomplete so far.

IMO, the Thorn itself, when full, is sentient like some ignition weapons, and maybe even has Enryu's soul/power - no inert and described as "dead" - dead implies once-'living'

Also note, the Thorn fragment was kept in a 'bowl' - used for living creatures in the Tower.

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
You're proving my point re: Workshop - it was theory. They thought the demon was needed, which Rachel does not have.
I never deny some of them were Karaka's thought/Workshop's theory, I only pointed that part of it is confirmed by SIU:
so it is not merely we know what Karaka thought was the case, we also know what was confirmed by SIU.
Gustang, again, is an irregular himself, but wanted to see what Baam can do with the Thorn. There is a reason for that.
I already mentioned the reason in my post yesterday.

Yes, Rachel can use it, but HOW SO? SIU also said its function changes with its user. Rachel can wield it as an irregular, but we don't know what effect that would have.
It prove my point that it is not hard-coded for Baam as you claim.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who is heading to JH and Cha? Baam and Co? Well the 2 BH were sent to capture the traitor AND BaamCo. I guess JH and Cha could take on the BH, might be a nice showcase of the Elderly fighting, but I think the BH will reach Baam first since JH and Cha cha cha chia are riding TraMusks, Big Rocket Dugong. But since baam has like 1/16th of harem with him, we can see him showcase his Levi powers
Why do you think the BHs were sent to capture Baam and those with him?

O_n_Sly

Reaction score
Country
United States
FWIW I know we hype the Levi PU but the White PU may have been greater!!! Bam had both Thorns ripping plus the aid and support of Rakuhn! In the case of Levi, no thorns needed, same aid and support + Vicente!

Gustang had 2 pieces of the Thorn and willingly gave them to Bam. Yes, an irregular can use it but if it was that simple Gustang would have done so and accomplished his goals already!!!

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never deny some of them were Karaka's thought/Workshop's theory, I only pointed that part of it is confirmed by SIU:
Right, and my point was that Karaka had no idea if the experiment would result in a usable Thorn. Which was something you stated as fact that I was opposing.

I already mentioned the reason in my post yesterday.
Which, as I pointed out, assumes a lot - the least of which is that Gustang has full-knowledge or access to the complete Thorn. Do we know if he tried to activate it? Do we know what would happen had he done so? No.

It prove my point that it is not hard-coded for Baam as you claim.
Let me be more clear - the FUNCTION TO KILL ZAHARD may be hard-coded to Baam - the only function that matters. Other irregulars can in fact use the Thorn. But they might get different results. Again, as already pointed out - SIU says the Thorn functions differently for its different users. Fact: Thorn has different functions, and different users access different functions.

WHY does Gustang, an irregular who can theoretically use the Thorn, need/want to see what happens when Baam uses it.

To put it as Gustang did "I'd like to see the real Thorn in the hands of an irregular"

FWIW I know we hype the Levi PU but the White PU may have been greater!!! Bam had both Thorns ripping plus the aid and support of Rakuhn! In the case of Levi, no thorns needed, same aid and support + Vicente!

Gustang had 2 pieces of the Thorn and willingly gave them to Bam. Yes, an irregular can use it but if it was that simple Gustang would have done so and accomplished his goals already!!!
I'll ask you the same question - do we know if Gustang tried to ignite it? Or what would happen if he did? Why wouldn't he have done so?

Yelnats claim is the Thorn isn't needed to kill Zahard due to the contract-busting abilities. He claims it's merely an amplification tool. Why couldn't Gustang use it as such?

Also note - 2 of 4 pieces is not enough.

Yelnats

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Which was something you stated as fact that I was opposing.
What are you talking about? Did you misread or something? I really cannot understand what you said here. What I stated you were opposing regarding Karaka?

Let me be more clear - the FUNCTION TO KILL ZAHARD may be hard-coded to Baam - the only function that matters. Other irregulars can in fact use the Thorn. But they might get different results. Again, as already pointed out - SIU says the Thorn functions differently for its different users. Fact: Thorn has different functions, and different users access different functions.

WHY does Gustang, an irregular who can theoretically use the Thorn, need/want to see what happens when Baam uses it.

To put it as Gustang did "I'd like to see the real Thorn in the hands of an irregular"
That is an unnecesaary function. When Baam is strong enough, the Thorn can help him to kill Zahard even without such function. Other irregulars (with or without the Thorn) can kill Zahard when they are strong enough (as long as they are free from immortality contract, unlike the signatories who can't even kill themselves).

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thorn is just a weapon to make the task to kill Zahard easier. It doesn't have the ability to nullify contract, hence why non-irregular cannot use it to kill Zahard unless an irregular soul is melted in it (it is the irregular who nullify the contract). I don't think FH can kill Zahard, they are irregular but they signed the immortality contract, binding themselves to it, they are no longer free from that particular contract (it explain why Arlene cannot kill herself). If FH can kill Zahard, Gustang would have used the thorn himself.
See the bold part? That's speculation - by Workshop, Karaka, and you.

Even Reflejo called the whole thing an experiment when he ran into HWR thinking it was Yuto.

The bolded part is just one of the parts I disagree with, but certainly you understand now, no?

That is an unnecesaary function. When Baam is strong enough, the Thorn can help him to kill Zahard even without such function. Other irregulars (with or without the Thorn) can kill Zahard when they are strong enough (as long as they are free from immortality contract, unlike the signatories who can't even kill themselves).
Only you don't know that. The Thorn could be integral in overcoming the King contract for all you know, which only Baam can levy via the Thorn.

Why does Zahard need a King contract when he is ALREADY IMMORTAL AND INVULNERABLE TO ALL IN THE TOWER (to include his irregular 10FHs)?

You don't know the functions yet. None of us do. SIU keeps hinted there will be more, and the user is what matters.

And, you haven't explained why Gustang cannot use the Thorn for purposes other than killing Zahard.

Last edited:

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why do you think the BHs were sent to capture Baam and those with him?
because...Rei said as much to Khun? "I sent 2 BH to collect the traitor AND your friends..."

last time I check Baam and Rak counted as "friends of Khun"

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
because...Rei said so to Khun? "I sent 2 BH to collect the traitor AND your friends..."
Yes, the friends (plural) that are working with... the traitor. Those friends. The ones that left the hotel early by sneaking out. THOSE were the ones that Rei was talking about.

We already knew during the chess match that he knew that Baam was trying to escape via the portal. There is no reveal that he sent his BHs to Baam in that case - Rei thought Baam was outside the room he was in - completely absent of BHs by the way.

He went out expecting to run into Baam. By himself. Why would he send BHs to go through the lobby (which they haven't even done) long before he goes out expecting to do the work before they even come?

He very clearly expected to either a) stop Baam from leaving via the portal or b) go through it behind him.

The BH's were not a part of that plan. He has Baam under his thumb in the hotel - or so he thought.

Headlights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Levi PU is a literal manisfestation of a FH memories and emotions vs White PU is from at best a High Ranker that got wrecked by a Zahard Princess. There is no way the White PU is stronger.