Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion! | Page 595 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2023) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qukiqq

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
England
Two on ice with the next chapter will end ..... it's prologue .
Is this a move to gain more readers?
It is a weird announcement nonetheless

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Two on ice with the next chapter will end ..... it's prologue .
Is this a move to gain more readers?
It is a weird announcement nonetheless
The manga is divided by arcs, chapter 1 called it "Prelude Arc" so is just that, the manga itself isnt ending.

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
more horror/exorcists manga
new manga about hitmen, spies, assassins, yakuza etc trying to live normal lives (something like Sakamoto/Fable)
new manga about monster extermination unit (something like Kaiju8/ World Trigger)
new ping pong manga
new manga about manga making (something like Bakuman)
Kawada return
Tadatoshi Fujimaki return
Naoshi Komi return
Shuutarou Inui debut
Genki Ono (Full Drive) return
Kento Terasaka (Beast Children) return
Neverland duo return
-correct: Fabricant 100, Nue's Exorcist, Ruirui Senki (this is like the third year on the row that i made this prediction and be correct, literally free real estates! )
-correct: Kill Blue
-wrong
-wrong
-wrong
-correct Kawada returned
-correct Fujimaki returned
-wrong, he doing nisekoi new edition
-wrong, this dude went from doing 3 oneshots in a single year to completely disappearing
-wrong
-correct, Terasaka returned
-wrong, Demizu is drawing Beyblade for CoroCoro now

also, all of my J+ predictions were wrong, I just checked all the popular 2022 oneshots and predicted all of them will be turned into a series in 2023
and not a single one was turned into a series, which is weird, no wonder this is the first year in a while they failed to find a big hit

Discomusic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
- Nothing to predict about One Piece, it will keep doing its One Piece thing for another safe year. (well, that wasn't hard)
- HxH will last around 20 chapters and will return on hiatus for the rest of the year. But we won't need to wait another 4 years for the next return. (it lasted 10 chapters. Still believe about the second part, even if not in Jump proper)
- Academia ends late this year, and Black Clover will still be around at the end. It will conclude in 2024 (Totally missed, Academia is still around and Black Clover is interrupted)
- JJK will also still be around by the end of the year, and will reach a second peak in sales thanks to season 2 of the anime. (Probably sales are still the same, not sure about that)
- Even with the anime, Yoza will still be Yoza but it may very well end around next fall. Mash and Undead are both ending, the first sooner than the second. (Yoza is not the same Yoza anymore since the timeskip and also is still around. Mashle ended sooner than Undead, that's for sure)
- Sakamoto will finally explode thanks to anime announcement. Samurai and Witch Watch will also receive an announcement by the end of the year, and will greatly benefit from it, expecially the second. (No anime announcements from any of them so far)
- Blue Box will live a safe year but by the end of it, we will be talking about a possible imminent conclusion. (We are talking about an anime instead)
- HSF finally closes around summer, while Roboco, of course, will live forever. (HSF closed in spring? I believe)
- PPPPPP will last until the end of the year. It won't get an anime but a series of OAV. Akane-banashi will just grow and consolidate, ready to explode in 2024. (Huge fail on PPPPPP)
- RuriDragon will return in spring and in WSJ, meaning that it won't be moved somewhere else. It will still be a huge success. (Unfortunately we are still waiting for it)
- Neither Burn the Witch nor Bleach Hell Saga will be mentioned for all the duration of the year. (Unfortunately true)
- Ginka and Gluna will surprisingly live all year, finding itself a spot in the Yoza tier. TBDS can be considered axed already. (Well, the first ToC positions of G&G and the color page made me excessively optimistic, am I to blame?)
- Of the current newbies, Ichinose will survive with a moderate success, but it will be a short story nonetheless. Cypher Academy will be the most succesful of the group, and the other two will just be axed (I know how bold it is to predict the future of a series that hasn't even debuted yet). (all true except for the axed Ichinose. I also predicted right for series yet to debute!)
- Jump will take note from the trends displayed in the current year, so we will have less battle series and more "atypical" genres such as Slice of Life, mystery or drama. A single spokon will be thrown at us somewhere along the line. No new gags and maybe one romcom on the horizon (no ecchi, this is a thing of Jump+ now). (I think the battle shonen that debuted in 2023 aren't so many? That's debatable. Four spokons (Do Retry, MMA, Two on Ice and Green Green Greens), no gags, no romcoms and no ecchi)
- The first part of the year won't bring us many emotions, but with some estabilished series ending, the second part will have more debuts and the true hit of 2023 will rise from that chaos. (Mashle is the only estabilished series that ended in the end. The debuts were more or less spread through the year. The true hit of 2023 is arguably Kill Blue, which is meh)
- At the end of the year, people will say this was a great year for J and the idea that Jump+ is overshadowing the magazine with its hits will start to fade. (I don't think it was that big of a year for Jump and I lost the perception of it versus J+, but probably no one cares anymore)

animeexpert

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Haikyuu ended just 3 years ago after 8+ years with almost no break, it's too soon for Furudate to comeback with a new serialization :grin
Fr man like doing a weekly series for 8 damn years. For the consumer its whatever but for the creator its like an eternity, a junk of ya life

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Think people's views of Jump+ are declining due to how seemingly Jump+ doesn't mind ending series abruptly in the 11 to 30 chapter range. Feels like this year was a turning point where a series needs to get noticable sales and a following quickly or else they cut it.

Quality wise, it may be below WSJ since only Kindy Wars was its breakout success this year though it started in 2022 but most people discovered it this year...while WSJ has Kill BLue, Nue's Exorcist gaining a following.

Hm I don't think 2023 was big for WSJ, with so much that ended before and BLack Clover's transfer in this past quarter of the year , this felt like a year that showed the magazine is in a transitional year and struggling to find many new tentpoles the size of series that have ended.

galaxy-juice

Reaction score
Country
United States
Think people's views of Jump+ are declining due to how seemingly Jump+ doesn't mind ending series abruptly in the 11 to 30 chapter range. Feels like this year was a turning point where a series needs to get noticable sales and a following quickly or else they cut it.

Quality wise, it may be below WSJ since only Kindy Wars was its breakout success this year though it started in 2022 but most people discovered it this year...while WSJ has Kill BLue, Nue's Exorcist gaining a following.

Hm I don't think 2023 was big for WSJ, with so much that ended before and BLack Clover's transfer in this past quarter of the year , this felt like a year that showed the magazine is in a transitional year and struggling to find many new tentpoles the size of series that have ended.
It's a bit unfair to say "this year was a turning point" when J+ was always like that, we just weren't getting simulpub before.

coldmess

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's a bit unfair to say "this year was a turning point" when J+ was always like that, we just weren't getting simulpub before.
I think they meant the western perception. People on twitter and reditt used to always say J+ is the future and it would surpass the magazine because of Spy Family, Dandadan, and Kaiju 8. Now everyone realizes J+ is mostly trash with a few standouts.

Shonenfan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What jump authors do you think will make a return soon? Of mangaka's who ended their popular series around 3 years ago we have:

* Kubo (Bleach)
* Sorachi (GinTama)
* Shimabu (Toriko)
* Komi (Nisekoi)
* Furudate (Haikyu)
* Aso (Saiki K)
* Miuara (Yuuna)
* Gotouge (Demon Slayer)
* Shirai (without his artist (TPN))
* Tsutsui (WNL)
* Kishimoto (Naruto)
* Usazaki (artist of Actage, no author)
* Phantom Seer Duo
* Red Hood mangaka

Let me know if I miss any.

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Isnt' still too early to do predictions for next year? November still needs to finish, we are largely in advance LOOOL
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What jump authors do you think will make a return soon? Of mangaka's who ended their popular series around 3 years ago we have:

* Kubo (Bleach)
* Sorachi (GinTama)
* Shimabu (Toriko)
* Komi (Nisekoi)
* Furudate (Haikyu)
* Aso (Saiki K)
* Miuara (Yuuna)
* Gotouge (Demon Slayer)
* Tsutsui (WNL)
* Kishimoto (Naruto)
* Phantom Seer Duo
* Red Hood mangaka

I wait for Iwashiro Toshiaki (Psyren), Sakata Kintoki (gintama), Shouichi Aso (Psi Kuso), Miyokawa Maoru (ST&RS), Akira Amano (If Ron is finishing and she would be able to start soon a new series on Jump), Atsushi Nakamura (Agravity Boys)

Of the axed ones: Neru, Red hood, Phantom seer, Candy Flurry's authors. And Magu chan 😭 😭 😭 😭
I wait for Ruri return also and HXH

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
* * Tsutsui (WNL)

They are going to be back with creating a full manga of whatever wins the shuiesha manga maker app prize.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Just learned that Tsurun Hatomune’s Service Wars is ending in Jump+.

MugiwaraPatrick

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

* Kubo (Bleach)
* Sorachi (GinTama)
* Shimabu (Toriko)
* Komi (Nisekoi)
* Furudate (Haikyu)
* Aso (Saiki K)
* Miuara (Yuuna)
* Gotouge (Demon Slayer)
* Tsutsui (WNL)
* Kishimoto (Naruto)
* Phantom Seer Duo
* Red Hood mangaka

I need Shimabu back in this magazine again

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Since there are plenty of members that made the predictions and still active but mostly lurking or not online in the last 2 days, i'm quoting each user to remember:

@shonenblue
@FireFantasyVI (don't know why you suddenly stopped posting, but if you read this, come back lol)
@Archaon
@Mankichi Togawa
@PhinKin
@Thehoennhippo
@ViraXVtuber
@Minsel
@Stivie
@Ignait
@Sarastro
@Dippy Fresh (Don't know why the hell you decided to leave just because of a small argument, but if you read, come back too lol)

Come on guys, make the review of your predictions :super

Isnt' still too early to do predictions for next year? November still needs to finish, we are largely in advance LOOOL
It's based in the fiscal year, and it ends on November.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't think Akira Amano will ever comes back to jump. Since KHR ended she has only been publishing in Jump plus. Likely because she finds Jump plus works better for her. (Similar to how Ishida Sui feels)

I need Shimabu back in this magazine again
Shimabu seems to have health issues so i don't think so
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Since there are plenty of members that made the predictions and still active but mostly lurking or not online in the last 2 days, i'm quoting each user to remember:

@shonenblue
@FireFantasyVI (don't know why you suddenly stopped posting, but if you read this, come back lol)
@Archaon
@Mankichi Togawa
@PhinKin
@Thehoennhippo
@ViraXVtuber
@Minsel
@Stivie
@Ignait
@Sarastro
@Dippy Fresh (Don't know why the hell you decided to leave just because of a small argument, but if you read, come back too lol)

It's based in the fiscal year, and it ends on November.
What a dedication to remember everybody. I guess it is possible because the usual regulars are small in numbers

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
What a dedication to remember everybody. I guess it is possible because the usual regulars are small in numbers
It's more that surprisingly fewer users made predictions, there are many more that consistently comment but didn't made predictions, i was sure @galaxy-juice for example did but not lol

Kiaida

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Glad I didn't try because I would have bet on PPPPPP surviving.

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (November 24)
8. ONE PIECE 107
12. My Hero Academia 39
104, SAKAMOTO DAYS 14
261. The Elusive Samurai 13
355. Mission: Yozakura Family 20
421. Kill Blue 2

Last edited by a moderator:

JBC008

Reaction score
Country

@shonenblue
@Archaon
@Mankichi Togawa
@PhinKin
@Thehoennhippo
@ViraXVtuber
@Minsel
@Stivie
@Ignait
@Sarastro

It would have been nice to talk with FireFantasyVI so we can do the reviews, but I guess me, DiscoMusic, Giblow, and Kiaida have to hold the mantle. And Dippy Fresh, what happened? I loved your commentary and reviews. Please come back.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Btw it may be unpopular opinion but i think both of Amano's series post KHR (eidlive and Ron), likely would not have survived WSJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.