Shounen - The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi | Page 145 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen The Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

taniquetil

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Prince of Tennis 379 Discussion Thread

Yeah, that ending was really terrible, the Kantou finals were a lot better, every other match was alot better than this one. It seemed that that mangaka needed to just, end it quickly. Tezuka and Fuji in the finals was cool. The finals doubles matches just sucked, especially doubles one.

And Echizen vs. Yukimura was uncool, Yukimura wins 4 in a row, then Ryoma wins 6 in a row.

Looks like Ryoma didn't really become Seigaku's pillar after all. he just won one year in Seigaku and left, and used his 'better than Yukimura' status to beat street players in America...yeah...

KuwabaraTheMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Looks like Ryoma didn't really become Seigaku's pillar after all. he just won one year in Seigaku and left, and used his 'better than Yukimura' status to beat street players in America...yeah...
That was really the only part that bugged me. Everything else was great. Ryoma beating Yukimura and the scene where Fuji sees Tezuka smiling and all of that was awesome.

Konomi just fell into the same trap that too many other authors do.

Don't write an epilogue.

The epilogue was the part that was just so stupid. If he had just ended it without those last few pages, it would have been great.

Streifen

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

you know whats bad?.... we didnt even get to see how fuji and tezuka are up to.... not to mention kikumaru, oishi and inui... -.-

konomi couldve atleast shown eiji and oishi get married then fuji having sex change... inui doing girls gone wild then tezuka becoming an accountant... oh well... i guess we expected too much.... but... what the hell... its a freakin lame ending....

Tenshi123

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, I also wish that they'd given us a little blurb on what happened to everyone. Though I loved the part with Tezuka smiling and Fuji laughing at him and Inui's camera. XDDD

*sighs* I'm gonna miss PoT.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

There will probably be an epilogue...the Japanese fanbase is powerful

The only reason we have OVA's is because of demand for it..

So...where to now guys?....i've grown to like a lot of members...off the top of my head..Fayte, Steifen, Gigantor21, Ryocola, and of course Sai...

ABout 90% of my posts are from this board....oh well i hope to see you guys on Naruto, Bleach, ES21 and One Piece boards

And i guess we can always speculate...

Sorata

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

I think POT became a lot lame in the last chapters, the games from the Kantou tournament were so great compared to the nationals; this game against the "invencible Child of God" was so boring when you compare it to Ryoma vs Atobe, Ryoma vs Akutsu or Ryoma vs Sanada(the best game in the entire series), not to mention other great games(Inui vs Renji, Fuji vs Akaya or Tezuka vs Atobe - all games from the Kantou tournament).
I think the mangaka got bored in the ending because the games were so simple plotwise with everyone transforming into super sayajin, anyway it was a great manga; not at the same level has Hajime no Ippo, ES21 or Slum Dunk but a great reading anyway.
I´m really going to miss POT:(

black_crow

Reaction score
Country
United States

The ending seemed a little anti-climactic. but im really gonna miss PoT:crying
I cant believe that kaidou became the buchou. that came out of no where hahaha:p

I hope they make an epilogue or a sequel~~

willy101

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Anyone know anything about the song "Dear Prince to the Prince of Tennis"?

Streifen

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

There will probably be an epilogue...the Japanese fanbase is powerful

The only reason we have OVA's is because of demand for it..

So...where to now guys?....i've grown to like a lot of members...off the top of my head..Fayte, Steifen, Gigantor21, Ryocola, and of course Sai...

ABout 90% of my posts are from this board....oh well i hope to see you guys on Naruto, Bleach, ES21 and One Piece boards

And i guess we can always speculate...
yeah dude... come to think of it... ive been more excited for PoT chapters than the other top mangas.... i really hope that we would have some sort of an epilogue... oh well...
anyhow... in case that i wont be seeing some of you... i would like to say thanks.... :D i enjoyed discussing PoT with you guys... :D

hope to see you guys on other forums... :D

oh and neru... sorry about rick roll... :darn

Neru

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Oh, never mind that. Already forgotten. ^

And yeah, a epilogue is truly needed. It almost seemed as if Konomi didn't wan't to tell what happened to the others. Sure, we saw Kaidoh, Momo and the annoying trio and the super epic fail Echizen in America.
But what we really want to know is what happened to Seigaku graduates.

BearBear

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

The ending was a piece of crap; just like that it was over, they could have extended it with more detail. They built up the entire match and in 1 chapter it's basically over. Ryoma dominates him in like 10 pages and the match is over, It's 4-4 and next thing it's over 6-4, did we blink and miss the entire match?

Best matches were Tezuka and Fuji without question; everything else seemed like a filler. A tie up would have been nice to see for all the loose ends.

Honestly; this is one of the worst and quickest endings of a storyline I've read.

alexlw92

Reaction score
Country
United States

whats with the song? can we download it?

no matter what the ending was, its gonna get criticism, like the harrypotter epilogue. but this one could definately be improved a lot.

it seems like konomi was just doing it as he went along, and ran out of ideas for yukimura. and didnt plan out the end

and if he did, then how the hell did he get a manga to become so popular
or popular enough

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Okay, I don't like the ending either, but I suppose it fits the series. PoT was, imo, never really good, but somehow, I got stuck in this manga in the first place. Might be because I saw the anime first and hated it, so I checked the manga to see if it was better. Then I read a couple of chapters. Then a couple more. It had caught me.

I never liked it, the same thing over again (the variation was really between total domination using some crazy technique and going from the brink of losing to 7-5), but somehow I kept reading the new chapters. I was never glued to the screen, and I never even thought of buying any volumes. And now that I'm glad it's come to an end I'm not sure if it is because it's over, or if I actually liked this silly and extremely predictable series. But either way I have to admit, this manga did a good job to keep me reading it to the, kind of anticlimatic, end. :)

Latis

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

very bad ending, i was hopping some EUA vs Japan Junior team, or something like that..

And whats with that song? horrible.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States

There should have been a tournament between the best players in Japan against the Pro's.

Echizen
Yukimura
Sanada
Tezuka
Fuji
Shiraishi
Atobe

vs

Federer
Nadal
Novak
Roddick
Hewitt
Haas
Moya

Something like that.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

@ Organizizied

In shounen sport series, it's not something new. In fact almost every time the (semi) important matches always ended like that. Last minute goals, last round home run, etc. It's kinda a drawback, true.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada

There should have been a tournament between the best players in Japan against the Pro's.

Echizen
Yukimura
Sanada
Tezuka
Fuji
Shiraishi
Atobe

vs

Federer
Nadal
Novak
Roddick
Hewitt
Haas
Moya

Something like that.
You how it would end right?
*Someone hits the ball so fast that it explodes someone's head. Then,dinossaurs die. Then,the apocalypse. Then, Ryoma and the survivors of the planet start a new Tennis tournament,where the winner gets to rule the planet for 4 years*

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States

^ You should read the POT Believable Storyline thread on Stop Tazmo. We had a team with people like Chuck Norris in it at some point. Playing Tennis in space. Against aliens.

That thread was awesome. :p

alexlw92

Reaction score
Country
United States

or or
it should have ended with a "newcomers tournament", which was referenced multiple times
or anyways
it needed one more chapter

Streifen

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

someone should right a letter..... LOL.... just one more konomi.... :(

sherlock, write a letter dude... hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.