Shounen - Bloody Cross by Komeyama Shiwo | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Bloody Cross by Komeyama Shiwo

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Hey there, here's a discussion thread for the new Shounen GanGan series Bloody Cross. You can get the Raws for the first chapter HERE

DeidaraGrimmjow

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Bloody Cross by Komeyama Shiwo

I have a question: in the last issue of Shonen Gangan, was there a new manga serialization called Blood Type V? It looked cool, and I did not want to get my hopes up for a one-shot or something.

[Cross]

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

hm...this series looks interesting, I'll get my translator on it.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

I have a question: in the last issue of Shonen Gangan, was there a new manga serialization called Blood Type V? It looked cool, and I did not want to get my hopes up for a one-shot or something.
Unfortunately, I think it was a one shot (I've tossed my last issue already so I can't confirm) since this months doesn't have anything called that. The closest thing to that name is Bamboo Blead B.

As for this series, here's a quick summary for you guys :D

this story is about these people who are half angels that are cursed because of their half angel blood. The main girl, Tsukimiya, is half angel and half vampire. The main guy, Hinata, is half angel and half something else (he said what yet). Both of them are looking for the "Book of God" (literally the Written Prophecies of God....Japanese is 神の預言書). and Along the way are lots of troubles and mischief (including a cat girl and I think that other guy was a full blooded angel)

Anyhow, I certainly left a lot of the finer details out, but hopefully we'll get a full time translator on this soon XD (I would, but my time is pretty well spent tling Ultimo and Tenipuri [next month XD]and then all the scanning I do >.>).

Dragonfly

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
China

wow that's quite some raw XD
about 8-15 min each page >.> mostly just 12 min <.<
not to mention, 70 pages a chapter! =O
anyway, here is the sample clean, but need a translator for that to release. u.u

another sample: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8038/bloodycross006nt4.png

Last edited:

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

That's an awesome clean Dragonfly!!! I've been talking with some tlers and seeing if there's one with time that has an interest. I think cnet might have shown an interest I'll need to get back and see

Luco

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Australia

So apparently some of the members of our group (Vagrant Scans) took great interest in this series and started working on it as soon as they saw it. We're currently cleaning and translating it. It's kind of unfortunate that we saw this thread and the interest in it later. So, if somehow we could get a collaboration going we could probably get a good team working on this. (We need a translator!)

Last edited:

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Japan

If no one does any translating in the next day or so i'll do it :p

[sai] Kinda late tay >.>;; A translation was posted even before you posted this... Granted, its a private translation lol[/sai]

Last edited by a moderator:

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Must admit. I wanted to have a read of this. The lack of Edited Manga is devastating. Hopefully, i'll remember to have another look at it when a Edited Manga comes out.

esh

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, any news on the first chapter scan, or raw for chapter 2?

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's in the works, according to the translator scanner :amuse

[sai] I'm not the translator for this series eni >.>
But yeah, I need to go buy GanGan and scan it....just haven't had time because of spring break lol[/sai]

[eni]You're not? Fine, fixed. >.>[/eni]

Last edited:
Reactions: esh

Luco

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Chapter one is on the verge of release.
Chapter two...we found a translator and will be doing it as a joint with Kuu scans.

Last edited:

Pirate1019

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, sorry for the long delay everyone. We've had a series of hitches along the way, but at the very least cleaning won't be an issue from now on since we got an applicant for just that purpose.

Luco

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Australia
...And chapter 1 is out. Sorry for the delay.

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thank you!

Now some story parts I couldn't grasp from the raw have become clear. I like this manga <333

Meromorphe

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I've read the first chapter.
I did not find the way the story is told interesting (especially the enemy that keeps coming back).
I found that the background was not very detailed and too bright, although the action was supposed to be during the night.
The world created for the manga seems interesting, but it is not properly introduced and the story jumps directly to the search for the poweful artefact.
Magic spells look rather good. They are the thing that appeals me the most in the art that is quite decent. I wish the mangaka will have more assistants for the background.

There was a scene that particularly interested me.
The kiss scene expresses a lot of different feelings and intentions between the two characters. I got the impression she wanted to say "I have some desire for you, but I am only interested in playing with you and it's the maximum you will get from me". And he accepted that she wanted to toy him and he also accepted to feel a greater pain later, because the kiss was already something he lusted for.

Hmmm... Am I really discussing about a shonen or being off-topic completely? :eyeroll

eni

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nah, you're still discussing a shounen >.<

Yes, that scene particularly interested me as well. I always look for manga where the characters ain't as distanced as your typical shounen pairings. I want to see how the mangaka keeps the development into that direction up. While the story itself doesn't impress me all that much at the moment, this scene is worth giving it a try over a few chapters :smile-big

The drawing style itself looks 'newbish' to me. A little more on the level of a doujinshika than a mangaka. But art tends to improve, so no problem for me here.

Meromorphe

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I always look for manga where the characters ain't as distanced as your typical shounen pairings.
Yeah, and if they close the gap a little in a typical shounen, it always means one of the two characters is in big trouble and in the verge of death
(recent example: :hinata [offtopic]actually since she seems alive, I wonder what will happen at their next meeting[/offtopic])
Either in Seinen threads or Shounen threads we always rant about this lack in the mangas :amuse Actually, even a pretty normal love story would work for me, if I can find it. In Bloody Cross, whatever the mangaka does, I think their relationship will be twisted.
I want to see how the mangaka keeps the development into that direction up.
Already, a kiss in the first chapter we can hope the mangaka does not make a wall between both of them. Though, I am a bit distrustful about that, because there was a kiss in the first volume of Angel Heart, but really nothing progresses after 27 volumes. Damn, Tsukasa Hojo, I really hate you for that :p
While the story itself doesn't impress me all that much at the moment, this scene is worth giving it a try over a few chapters :smile-big
Since the Manga Editors are kind enough to upload on MH (thank you!), I may try other chapters when they come out, but, to tell the truth, if it was not on MH, I would have abandoned it after reading the first one.

Last edited:

scarletcrimson

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
setting seems interesting enough, i also dont like that they go into the artifcact stuff right off the bat, it makes the characters seem like they know each other and more of whats going on but they really dont, read up to chapter 2....the twisted relationship between the two is the only thing drawing me right now....but since they have the book and the key something has got to happen to send the story in a new direction right?.....the art does need some work done....at this point saying it has potential is not even accurate.....and is the really a shonen....hmmmm

ishikawajoe

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey, love the manga and all!
Thanks for the thread to discuss and all!

Anyway, has anyone else noticed that Chapter2 MQ/HQ RAW of BloodyCross has been removed from Megaupload T_T?

Is there anyone nice enough to repost it up on a different site? ^w^
Thankyou~

...If no one can be bothered I'll try and read if online but i prefer it if i had the downloadable version X_X