Seinen - Dogs: Bullets & Carnage by Miwa Shirow | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Dogs: Bullets & Carnage by Miwa Shirow

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Dogs: Bullets & Carnage ~ Miwa Shirow

Information: In a mysterious city, where laws seem to have become a thing of the past, life is a desperate fight for survival. It is in this urban chaos that we meet four individuals, who face each day staying loyal to an unwritten rule: if you want to live, live by the blade (from mangaupdates.com)

Dogs: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark (Prologue)
Dogs: Bullets and Carnage

Volumes: Six Volumes

Serialized in ultra jump: 59th chapter was published in February edition

Last edited by a moderator:

mitokomon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Re: Dogs: Bullets & Carnage

I read all the volumes a week ago and I love it. The style, the story, the characters they're all awesome. The only bad thing is, that we have to wait a month T_T.
By the way; there's a volume from four years ago as well. Dogs: Stray dogs howling in the dark

RainyFrog

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm about halfway through what chapters are scanlated, and I love it! Heine is so cool (*_*), and the fight scenes and art in general is great. Definitely going to catch up soon.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I read all the volumes a week ago and I love it. The style, the story, the characters they're all awesome. The only bad thing is, that we have to wait a month T_T.
By the way; there's a volume from four years ago as well. Dogs: Stray dogs howling in the dark
Yes Dogs is one volume and is a prequel about four different stories of the four chracters that are playing in dogs: bullets and carnage. Then there's a one volumes side story dogs (and something with twins don't remember exactly).

Dogs: bullets and carnage is the ongoing serie serialized in ultra jump. Atm 21 chapters has been released and let's hope that after a none-released july chapter - chapter 22 will be released in this month's ultra jump

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Volume 2 should be released in tanko format this month.

bobossp

Reaction score
Country
France

I really like this crazy manga !! Looking forward to coming the release. Haine is not the only the only cool character..... Badou is crazzzzyyyyy *_*

imintheradio

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

hi guys,i just started with the dogs:stray dogs howling in the dark..seem like this is the prequel,rite? anyway,i haven't explored much in this manga,but i heard this is a good manga..cant wait to see it..

anyway,can somebody can tell me where can i download the prequel chapter?..thanks!!

ako

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

am currently reading this manga, started out with DOGS when it first came out :D
one of the best I've come across
great story and art work

mitokomon -- thanks so much for the artbook link!!! XD

Last edited:

Chiatsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dogs Bullets and Carnage

Ok, This thread is for the discussion of the manga Dogs Bullets and Carnage.
Personally I think this manga gets constantly overshadowed by all the shonen mangas even though I think this manga is really great and the character development is amazing.

sabret00the

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps I'm missing a beat but I think this manga is lousy. I can see what it's trying to do but it does it so badly. Panels filled with constant action, but you tend to have to look five times just to make it out. the story-line is a mess that is harder to follow due to such little dialogue and when it does show up, it's incredibly convoluted to the point you can tell the author feels taxed to include it. no matter how hard i try, i find it impossible to rate this manga.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I agree. There is a good manga lurking behind the action, the author chooses not to explore it. The characters are interesting and likable, the framework of the plot is interesting. Unfortunately the plot has just been an excuse for gun fights, I heap the same criticism on Dogs as people do for so much shonen; all action, only enough plot development to lead to the next fight. Fewer than 20p. per month really hurts continuity as well.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
It's a monthly series right? I mean the chapters are so small and inconsistent, plus constant breaks. It has a great art style and characters though.

Chiatsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea, I gotta agree the story does have too much mindless violence and gun fights. If the chapters were longer this manga would probably be more popular, but the characters are really interesting and I just really like it.

fanatik

Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I've been dying to know something about Bishop and Heine.
They have the same last name, as we all know. Does that mean they're related by blood? I mean, Ernest did call Heine 'brother'... IMO Ernest's too young to be Heine's father, so... No solid facts were presented yet, but that's kinda natural conclusion based on dramatic scene with Bishop revealing his name and then their little fight with Heine.

Amzy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been dying to know something about Bishop and Heine.
They have the same last name, as we all know. Does that mean they're related by blood? I mean, Ernest did call Heine 'brother'... IMO Ernest's too young to be Heine's father, so... No solid facts were presented yet, but that's kinda natural conclusion based on dramatic scene with Bishop revealing his name and then their little fight with Heine.
I don't think they're related by blood. They're brothers by the fact that they were both "born" from the same experiments.

goda-lei

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is an awesome series, this is one of the only gunslinger mangas (2 my knowledge) and the action scenes are great, personally I think that the story-line and history/interconnections of the characters makes up for any minor negatives like chapter length

I don't think they're related by blood. They're brothers by the fact that they were both "born" from the same experiments.
The bishop is so cool, I'm sure his back-story would be one to watch.
carnt wait for chapter 48

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The explosion was a nice climax to the arc. Nice and heart stopping. I guess the invasion of the surface is next. I miss the twins, hopefully they'll return soon.