Shounen - 8.1 Yamada Yusuke Gekijou by Yamada Yusuke & U.G.E | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen 8.1 Yamada Yusuke Gekijou by Yamada Yusuke & U.G.E

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

8.1 Yamada Yusuke Gekijou by Yamada Yusuke & U.G.E
Genre: Mystery, Psychological, Horror
Serialized: Dragon Age
Summary and Preview:
There is a mysterious group of people who inflict cruel and fatal games on people for their own amusement. Tatsuya and Misa are out on a date in an amusement park when they wander into one of these horrific competitions on the tallest roller coaster on earth. The seats fall out of their 12-person roller coaster car, and they are told that the game will end when all but one person has fallen to their death. Will the passengers be able to find a way to escape the competition? Will there be any retribution against the orchestrators of this sick crime?
Thanks go to tethysdust for the summary.
Scans

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
This actually sounds pretty interesting. But I'm wondering how far they can take this in a shonen magazine? Hope the horror and psychological aspects aren't toned down any.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
This looks pretty interesting but I do wonder how long it can work out. Two people (or three?) have fallen and they have died. So only one can survive but that would mean the rest of the characters wouldn't have an input for a later story.

Well, let's see what it'll bring. It's interesting and mysterious enough for me to keep reading it

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like they way Tatsuya tells his girlfriend to calm down and secretly wants everyone to fall because he wants to be the last one remaining. I do think the girlfriend will be saved despite this. The rules state that game will stop when there is one remaining. Just like when the little girl swung to her dad, I think Tatsuya will use the same strategy to save his girlfriend. 8.1? I want to find out the meaning behind this soon.

shouryuujo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [NEW] 8.1 Yamada Yusuke Gekijou by Yamada Yusuke & U.G.E

interesting story. I guess the manga is a bit different in that there doesnt seem to be a main protagonist... or maybe we will see one? Still not sure how long it will last on the legs of "lets see who survives on this theme park ride" until the FBI/Police/news come knocking on the doors.

CannedJam

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Chapter 2 shows that this series has potential. Things are just beginning. Plus it was sorta sad.

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

This series is kind of weird. The first chapter had very weird pacing and didn't feel like a first chapter at all. I really don't know how this series will continue. It has a good idea, but the execution is strange.

And what is up with the art? Its pretty good, but it looks like it was done digitally as if the author used a pen tablet. Traditional methods would probably help the art look a lot better. Either that or the person who cleaned the scan used way too many effects.

p1xel

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland

I thought some time about the title.And i think that 8.1 means that there always will be 8 players and only 1 will survive(I dont remember how many players were at the beginning).
Anyway,I like the series and i can`t wait for next chapters and more games:)