Seinen - Team Medical Dragon by NAGAI Akira | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Team Medical Dragon by NAGAI Akira

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Team Medical Dragon
By: NAGAI Akira
Genre: Drama Mature Psychological Seinen
Serialized In: Big Comic Superior (Shogakukan)
Scanlated By: Mauzel, Nexgear, Noblesse Oblige, Selene Scans
Sites to Find It On: Manga Toshokan, One Manga
RTS

From Nexgear:
Team Medical Dragon focuses around a genius surgeon, Asada Ryutaro, whose methods have made him a bit of a renegade in the eyes of Japanese doctors. The manga exposes the "illness" of the Japanese hospitals and how their system is not designed to care for the patient.

From ETC:
Dr. Katou is an ambitious woman who seeks to revolutionize the corrupt and inefficient Japanese medical system from within by becoming a professor in a teaching hospital. She enlists a maverick surgeon, Dr. Asada Ryuutarou, to help her with research that would catapult her to a professorship should they succeed and publish. However, Asada's refusal to conform to the system soon threatens to destroy not only her plans but her entire career. Katou is prepared to do anything, including going along with the system, in order to achieve her end goal, but she begins to question whether she has gone too far as Asada's actions bring many of the system's shortcomings to light.

Last edited by a moderator:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
This manga definitely needs to be shown more love here on MH; it’s such a great manga that it does surprise me that nobody seems to be reading it.

It just took one chapter to get me hooked on this series. It is awesome! The story is interesting, addictive, intelligent, unique; you can really notice that the author behind this manga knows what he is talking about and that he puts a lot of work into writing a good story (Liar Game and Giant Killing are the only other series I have felt that regarding their authors when reading them).

The art is great! I especially like the way Nogizaka-sensei draws the characters’ expressions. They can be so powerful and can express the feelings and thoughts of the characters way better than dozens of words; hence why sometimes one page can be filled with just characters’ expressions.

All the characters in this manga are interesting. The characters are all different from each other; each one has his/her distinct personality. That’s why the interactions between the characters are never boring. My favorite characters so far are Asada and Katou.

It’s my first time reading a medical manga, but so far I’m enjoying every single thing about this series. In addition, I’m learning many cool things about the human body and about medicine.

Team Medical Dragon is a manga that makes me reflect and ponder about things that happen in RL, something I like very much since I do enjoy reading thought-provoking stories.

I’m on chapter 13 now and I can’t wait to read chapter 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: R4n

Nagashiwa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I really love this manga!! The story is really great!! only a pity that there are no translators around who translate this brilliant Manga!

Ah for people who don't know.

The Drama will continue in October! season 3 will start!
(*_*)

I really hope some day a German publisher will take this manga and sell it over there!

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really love this manga!! The story is really great!!
I completely agree with you, Nagashiwa. This series is incredible! :cool: Who is your favorite character?

only a pity that there are no translators around who translate this brilliant Manga!
I wonder if the reason why there hasn’t been a new scalantion of TMD in so long is because there are no translators or because there aren’t raw providers; in any case, I really hope a group picks this series up and starts scalanting this manga.

Ah for people who don't know.

The Drama will continue in October! season 3 will start!
(*_*)
Great news! :) Where did you hear/read that info?

Nagashiwa

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Of course Ryu-chan haha
He is just so perfect haha

Yeah I really hope some translators will go on with this one, because it's so damn good.

I saw the news in a livejournal community, so yeah I think if you google you will find the same news around ^^ maybe at d-addicts?

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Of course Ryu-chan haha
He is just so perfect haha
Yay! Another Asada fan. :hi5 I <3 Asada as well. Who is your favorite TMD girl?

I saw the news in a livejournal community, so yeah I think if you google you will find the same news around ^^ maybe at d-addicts?
I have been looking around but I haven’t been able to find any official news regarding a third season. :( While I’m all for another season of TMD, after 2 seasons of a J-drama a live-action movie is what usually follows, so I’m a bit dubious about the news of a third season...hopefully the news are for real and we'll enjoy TMD again this coming October. :)

Last edited:

Nagashiwa

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I actually only care about guys so yeah I don't got a favo girl ^^;;

oh here: http://jdramas.wordpress.com/
Iryu 3
Date: October 2010, Thursdays 10.00 pm
Station: Fuji TV
Cast: Sakaguchi Kenji

(*_*) I can't wait!!

and the manga got 23 volumes already!

raikou

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Wow, so there are TMD fans in MH! I really love this manga, this is my favorite medical manga, aside from say hello to black jack and saijou no meii.

my favorite character is Asada and Arase, i liked katou and ijuuin too. Like what destiny said,the caracters personality is interesting, the surgery is also portrayed really good. The concept of reforming the medical system is really intriguing to me.

i really glad that this manga is licensed in my country, i have read up until volume 11 now!

evoluido

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is on great manga!!! unhappy anyone post any news!!