Shounen - Buyuden by MITSUDA Takuya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Buyuden by MITSUDA Takuya

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

[td]
Volume 1
[sizept=7]Released 7/15/2011[/sizept]
[/td]
Buyyden
By: MITSUDA Takuya
Genre: Sports, Romance, School Life
Serialized In: Shounen Sunday
Mangaupdates

Take Isamu is an elitist 6th grader who looks down at his peers because he is the best at everything he does at school, from looks and smarts, to his luck with girls and his abilities as an athlete. He considers himself to be in the top percent of his age group and is incredibly bored with interacting with the so called normal people. A new student, Kaname Moka, transfers into his school and as she is fairly pretty, Isamu asks her out.

Moka mishears what he says and thinks he wants to challenge her, as she grew up boxing. In fact, Moka is an amazing fighter and can even take down 5 middle school boys at once. Although Isamu can’t stand her violent personality and she can’t stand him for having so much pride, they start to grow attracted to each other. But then Isamu finds out that not only is Moka more athletic than him from all her years of boxing, she's also much smarter than him. Will he able to get over his overly sensitive pride and dive into a romantic relationship? [vyc]

New Series By the Mangaka of Major

Last edited:

DragonSoul

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Re: [NEW] Buyuden by MITSUDA Takuya

i just read the first chapter, it good enough for me to wait another chapter. Also it's funny when main character reacting to the girl

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

The first two chapters were a little slow but good enough to keep reading and see how the story develops. Take was kind of generic, typically arrogant shounen lead. But Kaname is great, tough as nails and a great counterpoint to him. A cliche, arrogant shounen lead is easier to take after a girl had to stand up for him.

Asahina

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I love mangas like this.
I've read many manga stories like this, just not in boxing formation.
It kinda reminds me of "History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi" (beginning chapters of the series). The only difference is that there is not much ecchi-ish like HSDK, and the guy doesn't actually like her until they engage in conversations and situations.

Delinquents are always the bad guys...*sigh*

ZayCon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway

Started this manga today, and I've read all scanlated chapters now. I think it's pretty decent, but nothing spectacular. The story is ok and the caracters are ok, but I don't really like the art. The pacing is also a little slow in my opinion. Will continue to read it weekly though.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Volume 1 HQ Cover:

MJsusan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
China
I have not read it. but from the above description, I am eager to read it

shukketsumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just finished Major and am now thinking of reading this. How is it in comparison?