Seinen - Kangoku Gakuen (Prison School) by HIRAMOTO Akira | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Kangoku Gakuen (Prison School) by HIRAMOTO Akira

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Kangoku Gakuen
By: HIRAMOTO Akira
Genre:
School Life, Romance, Comedy, Echii
Serialized In: YOUNG Magazine

Hachimitsu Academy, known for its strict academic standards and even stricter school code, is making a giant change this year. In the first time in school history, they are allowing boys to be admitted. As Fujino Kiyoshi starts his first day at Hachimitsu Academy he is shocked to find out that there are only 4 other guys in the entire school, making the ratio of girls to boys 200:1. And to their dismay, not one of the thousand girls will talk to them or even acknowledge them. But Kiyoshi and the guys are about to find out about the shadow student council that has been threatening the female students about interacting with male students.

The dream of every guy. You end up in a school full of girls. I knew this mangaka from me and the devil blues and it is his art which I have always liked. The comedy is quite realistic too, those five mostly tell what most guys would think in this situation. I am definitely going to give this a try because the setting is hilarious.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Wow I can't believe this is by the guy that did Me & the Devil Blues. Guess I'll give it a shot.
He should really wrap that one up at one point.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Wow I can't believe this is by the guy that did Me & the Devil Blues. Guess I'll give it a shot.
He should really wrap that one up at one point.
Yeah I totally agree. Me & the Devil Blues is definitely something he should finish.

This is however totally different. The art is amazing. The story itself is easy and not complex at all. I enjoy it though

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I read it the other day and my disbelief at the fact this was written by the guy that did Devil Blues was even bigger.
So incredibly trashy, maybe if the Edited Mangas were a bit better I'd actually be able to enjoy it somewhat... But still, so trashy.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
When I read it, it had a shounen-ish feeling to me? Or maybe the plot is not as complex to be a good seinen? I agree the art stands out from the mediocre story but that and a bit of comedy sheds a good light on this. The characters maybe best, though a "loser" character is common, a harem-y feel? Certainly not my taste but I always expect more when genres are mixed in seinen.

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Started reading this one yesterday, all the way up to chapter 39. So far: how very strange... And yet quite entertaining XD . So I'll be keeping an eye on this one for a while :) .

a harem-y feel?
I dunno if I'd call it harem-y yet, actually. Granted, Kiyoshi has two girls after him now (well sorta): First there's the girl he's interested in, Chiyo... and then there's Hana, with her strange, uh... Interest in him :lmao . Gotta say that the encounters between her and Kiyoshi are, IMO one of the more enjoyable aspects in this manga - their encounters are so twisted and strange, yet there's something sweet about it all, maybe because Hana is acting much like a girl in love, in her own strange way (Defrosting Ice Queen, anyone? :smile-big ). Back to what I was saying, though, only two doesn't really make for a harem though. Chapter 33 implies that Mari may come to have a thing for him eventually, though...

Enn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This seems like a harem, but with a twist given that a huge mass of ladies aren't allowed to talk to the only boys in school.

If this is the person who did Me & the Devil Blues (which is epic to my eyes and mind), I'd definitely give this a shot.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The boys just really remind me of a "Dead Poets Society" kind of bunch. xD

Not a bad thing at all, but it is a mix of two used concepts of harem and of strange young men, that is kind of a setting for the rest of the story, it does not allow much development unless for romance and comedy, I do expect more I guess. :XD Just a mix of genres not suited for my liking.

Enn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
^ Strange men (in strange story) indeed.

I read the chapters that are available online, but it somehow doesn't appeal to me. I guess harem isn't really for my liking.

Ryuzaki L

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Hey guys, i read up to chapter 84, and I'm wondering if everyone did the same, I'll just be spoiling you if you haven't.

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're not the only one. I'm thinking their freedom is short lived I'm not so sure yet. But they've suffered enough.

Ryuzaki L

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
You're not the only one. I'm thinking their freedom is short lived I'm not so sure yet. But they've suffered enough.
I guess Jo will send them all back to prison, before we witness the USC's punishment :gwah

---------- Post added November 09, 2013 at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was November 03, 2013 at 08:38 AM ----------

Seriously now ? Bondage ? his genius plan was bondage ?

Last edited:

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like the latest chapter. I believe the boys are going to start abusing their power and take advantage (treat poorly) of the females in prison in the next few chapters.

---------- Post added January 06, 2014 at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was January 02, 2014 at 06:37 PM ----------

Chapter out
Haha I knew this would happen! Payback time :teehee Once placed in a position of power, people cant help but abuse their authority. This panel had me dying, that's got to be close to 300 lbs of weight on top of her! Anyway, I'm going to assume Meiko is going to attack Andre in the next chapter unless someone intervenes.

Last edited:

Ryuzaki L

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I like the latest chapter. I believe the boys are going to start abusing their power and take advantage (treat poorly) of the females in prison in the next few chapters.

---------- Post added January 06, 2014 at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was January 02, 2014 at 06:37 PM ----------

Chapter out
Haha I knew this would happen! Payback time :teehee Once placed in a position of power, people cant help but abuse their authority. This panel had me dying, that's got to be close to 300 lbs of weight on top of her! Anyway, I'm going to assume Meiko is going to attack Andre in the next chapter unless someone intervenes.
Wait until you see the upcoming chapters, more randomness and misunderstandings :cheez, too bad i can't read Kanji, even if my life depends on it :(

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait until you see the upcoming chapters, more randomness and misunderstandings :cheez, too bad i can't read Kanji, even if my life depends on it :(
How come? You're going to be missing out dude!

Ryuzaki L

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I looked at the raws up until chapter 121, i couldn't understand a thing :( but i saw where it's going :cheez
You've said too much! I'm tempted to go look up the raws now, but I'll just wait for weekly English Edited Mangas. Enjoy the fun and randomness one week at a time :^_^

---------- Post added January 13, 2014 at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was January 07, 2014 at 11:39 AM ----------

Chapter is out!

My predictions were slightly off. Furthermore, I didn't expect he would grab her shirt and throw her. Anyway, this chapter was pretty amusing. "Prior Investment" :lmao Andre is asking for the absolutely worst punishment he can receive from those girls once they've left the prison. I guess next week they'll request to have a nurse visit Meiko or have her sent the infirmary perhaps. A fever isn't to be taken lightly.

---------- Post added January 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was January 13, 2014 at 06:58 AM ----------

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/116341_prison-school-chapter-95/page_1

Flashback arc!? I can't say I'm entirely too interested in reading about their past, but I suppose this is necessary for plot progression. We'll learn why there's so much animosity between the two councils, so it'll make their future clashes perhaps more prominent and meaningful.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This manga is pretty great right now. Ever since Kiyoshi got locked up with the class president it's been like a festival of double entendre and hilarious misunderstandings.

I'm not sure how it's ever going to top this.