Shounen - Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo by YOSHIKAWA Miki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo by YOSHIKAWA Miki

shukketsumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Title: Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (Yamada and the Seven Witches)
Demographic: Shounen
Serialized: Weekly Shounen Magazine
Year Started: 2012

Summary and Preview

Ryu Yamada is a second year student at Suzaku High. Ryu is always late for school, naps in class and gets abysmal grades. His life is a dead bore. The beautiful Urara Shiraishi, on the other hand, is Suzaku High's brightest student. One day, without explanation, their bodies are swapped! Ryu ends up in Urara's body, and Urara in Ryu's.

The old thread for this series has mysteriously vanished, so I made a new one in case the old one can't be salvaged.

Last edited:

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
So this thread was also victim ox ghe server crash :-(((

It's strange. Yamada ecchi level has risen quite a lot and it doesn't bother me too much. I really dkn'g like it usually

So anyone has a guess what is the girl power ?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So anyone has a guess what is the girl power ?
I still believe that her power is mind synchronization/reading, something like that.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Volume 1 cover :

Volume 2 cover :

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
But wouldn't have she noticed the body switch if her power was mind related ?

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
But wouldn't have she noticed the body switch if her power was mind related ?
Good question. I couldn't answer that, unfortunately. My assumption is based on her sayings : "We would pass exam together", so I think she and her gangs are connected with Yamada's mind somehow.

Another thing that perplexes me is that how Odagiri does not affected by her own power when she kisses Yamada again? is that because she's basically cancelling her own power in Yamada?

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
I think she is affected after all she wanted to stay in love with Yamada the first time. So she pretend she didn't want to kiss him whereas she did want to. Though this page makes me wonder if she ever stopped having feeling for him.
Another solution is that they kissed twice in a row

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I think she is affected after all she wanted to stay in love with Yamada the first time. So she pretend she didn't want to kiss him whereas she did want to. Though this page makes me wonder if she ever stopped having feeling for him.
Another solution is that they kissed twice in a row
Her reaction on that last page is natural I think, not a witch-induced feelings. So I think she indeed still has a feeling for him, even though in the recent chapter is not as bold as in the previous chapter. The kissed twice in a row theory makes sense, though.

I'm also curious whether Miyamura would be a villain in disguise, since Ushio says that he's the real "snake".

By the way, I found these pics from the Mahou X site, quite funny :

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
New chapter, hooray for telepathy!

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
So the power was not mind reading but telepathy. That explains things. Also it seems quite tricky to use. But the good thing is that you can the person you share you thought with. This will be indeed useful for the exams indeed since Yamada can be used as a relay

The personality switch is also amusing ( who thought of sket dance again ? )

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm not really sure about how Otsuka's power works though. It seems that she becomes a transmitter of thoughts for people who are already kissed her, then her power is not exactly a telepathy, but also a mind synchronization. I'm wondering how will the power give Yamada any advantage in the future, maybe he doesn't have to switch with Shiraishi anymore if he could just ask for exam answers directly through telepathy (or not, since kissing Shiraishi means undoing the previous witch's power).

---------- Post added September 21, 2012 at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was September 10, 2012 at 05:34 PM ----------

Chapter 30 is up, folks.

So finally Yamada obtains another useful power, seemingly. Too bad this power seems a tad difficult to use. I lol'd when Miyamura suddenly able to transmit his mind to Yamada :XD, so Otsuka's powers are really telepathy + mind transmitter. I'm wondering why this witch-seeking arc a little bit less dramatic than usual. Somehow I cannot sense the development between Otsuka and Yamada.

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Cheating is bad m'kay. Don't be like Yamada and cheat m'kay.

---------- Post added October 07, 2012 at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was September 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM ----------

The Student Council President is one suspicious dude.

---------- Post added October 08, 2012 at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was October 07, 2012 at 07:51 AM ----------

New Chapter, again. If I had to guess, the new witch is clairvoyant.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
A witch who can see the future that can be helpful indeed. But I don't see why she would quit school for that.
And poor Yamada, everybody exploit him. You wonder how he could have passed for a delinquent :-)

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm really curious with what's up in the president of student council's sleeves. My prediction is that he would come again once Yamada successfully find all the witches, and in some way decided to rob the power. Okay, that sounds far-fetched, but that's an assumption I have in my mind right now.

So far this new witch sounds perfectly... normal compared to the other witches. I'm wondering too about her background so she has the clairvoyant power.

masgrande

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I wonder if the new witch doesn't kiss anyone to use her powers?

Draco1988

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I think it's kind of like she need to kiss someone to see the future from that person's perspective. Otherwise, she would just see it from her own perspective.

And yeah, I wonder if the tongue is really needed ^^

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I think the problem now lies on whether she could cancel the future, or just able to see it. It's kinda useless power if she could predict the future but cannot do anything to prevent any imminent danger from happening. It's still cool tho.

And yeah, I wonder if the tongue is really needed ^^
The amount of ecchi in this manga is getting higher and higher. I think YKTMC was not really that suggestive.

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
He wants to know were his "fucking panties" are. :P

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
The cover made me laugh.
This manga is not for kid because it has the most kissing ever :-)
The ecchi in this manga doesn't bother me, because the author so doesn't take it seriously.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
It seems that Yoshikawa Miki realizes that she makes unhealthy amount of kissing in this manga. :p The Cover and Lead Color pages look really nice, but I was expecting more.

My question finally answered, so it's possible to change the future even though we don't know how to do it yet. One trivial thing that bothers me is why suddenly Itou getting embarrassed when kissing Yamada? usually she's just do it without slight amount of doubt.

Draco1988

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I suspect in order to change the future, they would need to combine the power of two witches (in this case, Maria's and Shiraishi)

Regarding Itou, as she said, she'd rather doing the kissing than being kissed, thus she gets embarassed when Yamada initiated it.