Shounen - Claymore by Norihiro Yagi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Menos Torpe

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Claymore is an intriguing series and I wish I could read more of it. Unfortunately, because it is a lesser known title and Viz is already releasing it, no one seems to be doing Edited Mangas. This is a shame, because I really don't want to wait two months for each new volume (at that rate, it will take Viz at least two years to catch up to the Japanese releases).

Now, I don't know Japanese and don't have time to clean raws, so I really have no right to demand that anyone work on the series. But if others are interested enough, I would love to read the newest chapters as they are released in Monthly Shonen Jump (I don't expect anyone to go back and do all the previous chapters).

You can read Viz's translation of the first three volumes here:
http://www.mangatraders.com/files/manga/claymore
Or get more information here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_%28manga%29

RAW Chapters:
http://dm.666ccc.com/html/class23/comic703.html

[bb]This thread will serve as place to discuss smaller topics that don't necessarily need their own thread. Questions about Yagi and the manga in general may be discussed here as well. [/bb]

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: No Claymore Edited Mangas?

there is a fourth volume out by manga sketchbook but it is probably just the viz release. They probably got it early or something

Menos Torpe

Reaction score

All the same, that would be very helpful. But though I'm not familiar with manga sketchbook, when I look at www.manga-sketchbook.org I only see three volumes among their front end releases. Could you provide a link?

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

oh wait, im sorry. I got confused and thought it was volume 04. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up.

Menos Torpe

Reaction score

Nah, that's fine. Volume 4 is out by this post anyway.

Regardless, this is likely beating a dead horse, but I thought I'd mention that I've found RAWs online:
http://dm.666ccc.com/html/class23/comic703.html

The links go left to right in rows. The first nine are links to entire volumes, and after that it goes chapter by chapter. Not up to the recent ones, but better than nothing. Unfortunately, my Japanese isn't good enough to do anything more than that, or I'd just read the chapters myself.

BlackGoku03

Reaction score
Country
United States

That sucks. I really like this series and would love to read past volume 5.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I don't see what the problem is, Sketchbook is still actively scanning the Viz version. Volume 6 was put out recently.

Kyuzo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

barbapapa said:
I don't see what the problem is, Sketchbook is still actively scanning the Viz version. Volume 6 was put out recently.
True that. Sketchbook does a good job and is fast at scanning in new releases.

moogle

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Anyone translate or scanlate this series past volume 6? The plot and action are awesome. :o

Menos Torpe

Reaction score

barbapapa said:
And I'm grateful for that. Knowing that someone is scanning new volumes does help, but it's nothing I couldn't read in a bookstore. It isn't so much a problem as a desire to see the manga at a faster pace than Viz releases, much like the majority of other series here.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

well, with any 'luck' you won't have too much time to wait till viz is all caught up. unless claymore comes out solely in tank form, or makes it into another shuiesha publication

aznboiray

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

awsome manga i cant' wait for next volume to get scanlated

-
i hope the next volume comes out soon.

Last edited:

darth ares

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

eh, the link for the RAW site has expired...any other links?

I hope this gets picked up by some Edited Manga group...well inane is but the'yre still at Vol. 1...

FinalFan

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Claymore

Hello I've found claymore scantalations on this site: http://www.rawmanga.com/claymore.php but they have no translations for any of them. but they have raws up to volume 11 which is wonderful and I was wondering if anyone who does translations could help? please and thank you if you do decide to help. :)

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: Claymore

I'm positive that you were simply referring to the RAW scans because Edited Manga = scan + translation.

Mangatraders has volumes 1-6 as of this time over
here. You'll have to sign up and post in their forums to be able to download though. Another option is through Manga-Sketchbook, which also has volumes 1-6. I haven't download it from either of the two sites, but it seems like both are the ones by Viz.

As for the rest of the volumes, you should make your request at Translation Requests. Don't forget to mention about where you found the RAW. However, I don't know if anyone would pick it up since it is a licensed manga.

It so happened that there's a similar thread about this topic so I'm merging this with the other thread.

EDIT:
Merged.

Last edited:

capyoda

Reaction score
Country
United States

just FYI, the previously linked "raw" can now be found here:

http://dm.666ccc.com/Caricature/703.html

they changed their directory structure, I suppose. and that site isn't japanese, it's chinese "raws." which I suppose aren't raws, they're chinese translations.

anyhow, since I can read chinese.. I'm set till vol 9. was reading vol 7 at B&N just a few minutes ago. the site also doesn't seem to be friendly w/ firefox, so you'll have to use IE to view the pages.

the other link to the raws don't seem to be working, but there's plenty of raw groups so if you want claymore raws, it shouldn't be impossible to find.

either way, waiting for a language you can read sucks. but that's the nature of things.

Bebi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

All of the RAWs are up for torrent on TT.

grayback03

Reaction score
Country
United States

I hope some group besides manga-sketchbook would pick this manga up coz i really got hooked on reading the manga (which i just finished only up to vol. 6) after i have finished watching episode one of the claymore tv.

grayback03

Reaction score
Country
United States

Just finished reading Claymore Volume 7 at Barnes and Nobles and it was an entertaining volume, so if no one's gonna translate or scanlate it, i guess we could only rely on Viz work coz the next volume which is 8 is gonna be released in June.

cero

Reaction score
Country
United States

I still don't believe this manga isn't being scanlated, comeone we have like 4 translator working on naruto/bleach/op FORGODSAKE InuYasha is still being scanlated...y wont anyone pick up this great manga is beyond me... I just hope with the anime being released the series will get more popular, and someone will pick it up. ARRGGGGG