Shounen - Bleach by Tite Kubo | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]40698[/split]

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
Reaction score
Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]55633[/split]

Schabrak

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Bleach Hangout Thread 3.0

About a hundred years ago or so.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lookie what I found while browsing another forum.

I would have swallowed the Zaraki/Unohana pill a lot easier if NUMBER FUCKING 4 WAS IN GODDAMN MANGA KUBO!

Starrked

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kubo is a damn troll. A master of trolls, this hobbit is.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
my little nieces were at work with my brother today, its hilarious because they were asking me to let them watch cartoons on my computer, i said sure you can watch cartoons but you can only watch the cartoons i like,

they said ok

so i started them off at the beginning of bleach, they watched about 6 episodes and were crying when my brother took them home because they wanted to watch more :^_^

the younger niece watched some naruto with me the other day but she got scared, i think they liked bleach more

devstauk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So there i was looking at some of the non canon characters on the bleach wiki and i saw Kōga Kuchiki the uncle to Byakayua which wasn't even the most interesting thing i saw, anyway i looked at when he was 1st introduced which was only in the anime, as i looked further down i noticed a familiar name which was Isshin o.O there's me pretty puzzled but thinking 'it's just a common name surely' then i notice the second name Chiba. This got me thinking even more the voice actor of the character Kōga Kuchiki was Isshin Chiba while i know this probably has no real major intentions to anything to do with an Actual character in the manga who we all know as Isshin Shiba, the names certainly have some similarities but do any of you think this could have been a huge hint to who and what Isshin was i mean the episode Kugo was introduced was 248 which if im correct was after the episode Isshin was introduced as a shinigami.

Could just be my imagination running wild, but who knows right

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can somebody tell me why, Ichigo always looks suicidal...?. lol.

Astray

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm kind of just posting here so I can be on the 1st page of the hangout thread which will immortalize me for awhile. On the other hand I will talk a little bit about bleach, it's not very nice on colored clothing. And does anyone think there's a chance Unohana is still alive?

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah because bleach bleaches, if there is no intended purpose of discoloring shirts.

It would be nice to see her fight, it wholly depends of Kubo's decision to let her slaughter through the Quincy or not.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Is her death not confirmed yet? :gwah

devstauk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nothings ever confirmed with Kubo xD

But lets face it if she is still alive i hope she stays with the Healing squad, I feel if she is alive and a fighter things wouldn't be very fair with two kenpachi's running through SR's like they were nothing, although it would be a good set up for a romantic chapter

Starrked

Reaction score
Country
United States
To kill off Unohana would be the dumbest decision Shunsui could allow to be made. Sure, only one Kenpachi can be alive but this is probably more of a symbolic meaning than literal now. She's more than likely healed herself and has finally awakened the true powers of Zaraki to allow him to be a real Kenpachi.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
To kill off Unohana would be the dumbest decision Shunsui could allow to be made. Sure, only one Kenpachi can be alive but this is probably more of a symbolic meaning than literal now. She's more than likely healed herself and has finally awakened the true powers of Zaraki to allow him to be a real Kenpachi.
I think, this is where Kubo's writing of his characters get people mixed up, because you just hit on a very important point here. Of course, Unohana is the "first" Kenpachi, but she obviously put aside the title for the lead role as Captain of the 4th Division. And she is skilled in healing arts, so I doubt she's dead. More than likely, now that Zaraki's mind is unclouded and back to it's original instinctive state or whatever, she's at peace with revoking the title of Kenpachi and handing it down to someone worthy of it.

If she is dead, than Kubo is on some bullsh*t.

Kage Fuusha

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Bleach - Death Save The Strawberry

Anyone know where I can get a translated copy of this manga?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You mean like a physical copy? Plenty of actual bookstores would have them if you are in the US or Canada. I wouldn't know about the europe situation though. In south america they can be rather hard to find as far as I know. As far as copies online, well, just go to the normal manga reading sites.... Not sure where you can download actual volumes and whatnot but I am pretty sure you can find viable options by simply googling is. Not sure if this is what you wanted to hear.

Starrked

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone start up a riveting conversation in here please because the hangout thread is so sad nowadays. I remember when I first joined about a good four years ago How long ago was sophomore year, jfc...oh my god that was six years ago. I joined six years ago. I was a sophomore in high school and this place was bumpin' man. The hangout thread moved through hundreds of pages so fast it was intense and stimulating because the conversations were always so on-point with how interesting and good they were.

It needs to be revived. It's been months now and this edition of the hangout thread is only on its second page. Lame.

Someone needs to vent about why it's taking Ichigo so damn long to get to Soul Society or the Wandenreich or whatever you wanna call it and is Kira really dead and uggggh WILL YORUICHI EVER GET TO USE HER ZANPAKTOU IN A FIGHT BECAUSE COME ON SHE WAS A CAPTAIN SHE HAS TO HAVE A ZANPAKTOU.

Firebird0ne

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You touched on something that has bothered me about Bleach and, to be fair, other manga/animes. As much as women are represented as lovely and some (like Orihime) may be given a hax power, in general, women are not endowed with the kinds of power that the male characters are. Okay, I'll be honest here, what guy doesn't want some hero types to identify with that sweep in, show their strength and save the day. But 'saving the girl' is becoming sort of annoying. Guys can save their bros too. Girls can be strong and save themselves or *gulp* (I feel my 'man card' slipping out of my hand here) a girl can occasionally save a guy (which has a lot of humorous potential).

Yeah, it's Shounen and aimed at guys, but not all guys are the same, just like not all girls are the same.

Here's what I'm getting at...

Ladies with Bankai...
Yoruichi - haven't seen it
Unohana - got to show it once. It was cool as hell, but wasn't even really explained, so it lost some points.
Rukia - We waited over ten years to see it.
Soi Fon - She's got a nuke, which is great, but has almost as great drawbacks.

Guys...
1) The ones we see/know
Yama, Sasakibe, Rose, Byakuya, Renji, Komamura, Kensei, Toshiro, Ikkaku, Kurotsuchi,

2) The ones we're waiting for
Ichigo, Shinji, Hisagi, Shunsui and Ukitake, Urahara

I just think there is room in this for a not annoying (Yes, I am talking to you Kukakku and Yoruichi!) female who is tough, not overly loud, is pretty, has a bankai and doesn't need to constantly be saved...in fact, gets ticked off when a guy tries to save her. Why? Because it's different, even a little refreshing and can take a guy by surprise. I know I like the feeling of surprise and the little blush I get when a pretty girl I've never seen before pauses as she's going through a door and *OMG* holds it open for me. There's this moment of a) Wow, she knows I'm alive, b) She's different, c) Should I smile back, thank her and accept, because she's smiling and holding the damned door open for me, d) Should I tell her my late mom would scold me in my dreams if I wasn't a proper gentleman and let her go first? e) Is she wearing a wedding ring??? But I could just be a little strange...

The only female character in Bleach who radiates that feeling is Matsumoto, but she is portrayed as pretty, big boobs, but aging and STILL a VC without a bankai. I know Aizen stole a piece of her soul. Maybe somehow she'll get it back and we'll see a bankai from her, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, yes, more balanced representation of genders would be refreshing.

Last edited:

Starrked

Reaction score
Country
United States
You touched on something that has bothered me about Bleach and, to be fair, other manga/animes. As much as women are represented as lovely and some (like Orihime) may be given a hax power, in general, women are not endowed with the kinds of power that the male characters are. Okay, I'll be honest here, what guy doesn't want some hero types to identify with that sweep in, show their strength and save the day. But 'saving the girl' is becoming sort of annoying. Guys can save their bros too. Girls can be strong and save themselves or *gulp* (I feel my 'man card' slipping out of my hand here) a girl can occasionally save a guy (which has a lot of humorous potential).

Yeah, it's Shounen and aimed at guys, but not all guys are the same, just like not all girls are the same.

Here's what I'm getting at...

Ladies with Bankai...
Yoruichi - haven't seen it
Unohana - got to show it once. It was cool as hell, but wasn't even really explained, so it lost some points.
Rukia - We waited over ten years to see it.
Soi Fon - She's got a nuke, which is great, but has almost as great drawbacks.

Guys...
1) The ones we see/know
Yama, Sasakibe, Rose, Byakuya, Renji, Komamura, Kensei, Toshiro, Ikkaku, Kurotsuchi,

2) The ones we're waiting for
Ichigo, Shinji, Hisagi, Shunsui and Ukitake, Urahara

I just think there is room in this for a not annoying (Yes, I am talking to you Kukakku and Yoruichi!) female who is tough, not overly loud, is pretty, has a bankai and doesn't need to constantly be saved...in fact, gets ticked off when a guy tries to save her. Why? Because it's different, even a little refreshing and can take a guy by surprise. I know I like the feeling of surprise and the little blush I get when a pretty girl I've never seen before pauses as she's going through a door and *OMG* holds it open for me. There's this moment of a) Wow, she knows I'm alive, b) She's different, c) Should I smile back, thank her and accept, because she's smiling and holding the damned door open for me, d) Should I tell her my late mom would scold me in my dreams if I wasn't a proper gentleman and let her go first? e) Is she wearing a wedding ring??? But I could just be a little strange...

The only female character in Bleach who radiates that feeling is Matsumoto, but she is portrayed as pretty, big boobs, but aging and STILL a VC without a bankai. I know Aizen stole a piece of her soul. Maybe somehow she'll get it back and we'll see a bankai from her, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, yes, more balanced representation of genders would be refreshing.
Yeah I feel like it's lacking in the feminine area as well. I've just always been a fan of the female characters or female fighters in just about everything and anything. There's this show on HBO called "Looking" and it really touches upon the same thing and makes the most relatable sense. The show is about three gay men living their lives and such and one of them (Jonathan Groff) is a level designer. The discussion was about how he chooses to play as a girl in video games not because he's gay but because the girl is always the outcast in the world of video games and she's overlooked, underestimated, and picked last; as a gay man it was relatable because he's gone through the same ordeals. That's why I can relate too because I've always felt a stronger connection towards the seemingly outcasted female fighters. People like Yoruichi and Unohana are revered only now because they've shown their power but I've been a fan of them from the get-go.

I'm not trying to promote any kind of ordeals or political beliefs because that'd be inappropriate for this thread so please (and this is directed to anyone reading this) don't confuse this as anything but a relation of topics. lol

I just agree with you, dude, that there should be a better representation of the female gender in the manga because the chicks can seriously kick some ass without the help of anyone else. Yoruichi is my choice for alpha female. Unohana would be the wisest but IDGAF I WANT YORUICHI. She's such a babe.