Seinen - Terra Formars by SAGUSA Yu and TACHIBANA Kenichi | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Terra Formars by SAGUSA Yu and TACHIBANA Kenichi

obamamania

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
God, this is quite a manga. I just discovered it yesterday from this thread I think and the reason I kept reading was this page and this page alone:

Kind of the most wtf panel I've seen in a manga in a long time lol, as was the follow-up. I'll definitely finish this when I get the chance, it's a bit odd but I like it.

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The anime for Terra Formars going to start on upcoming fall.

Teppei

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just out of curiousity I checked this manga out after reading the plot summary. So I started with the first few chapters, meaning "Bugs I" arc but wasn't really hooked right away. I kept reading and, oh boy, has it creeped up on me (pun intended XD).

"Bugs II" arc was already cool, but "Annex I" took it to the next level. That's why I'm quite happy that the Anime series gonna start with "Annex I" right away. More action and chararcters from the start.

That's the main strength of this manga for me, alot of characters with different backgrounds and powers and every character has its own agenda. Love it.

We've seen so many insect bases already, now even with plants, birds, eel and bacteria, but as one has mention earlier there is one significant beetle who was left out, I believe for a really strong character, maybe on the roaches side. The Dung Beetle, considered pound-for-pound the strongest animal out there, can carry over 1000 times its own weight.

And guess what, the Scarabaeus, the sacred beetle from ancient Egypt, is a type of a dung beetle. So there would be a tie to the pyramids already. And according to Wikipedia, dung beetles are the only insect which uses the night sky to navigate. Now that's something. But maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Would be a waste of a really awesome base for a M.O. operation. And I'm really curious of the Roman Division leader's base, he stockpiles roaches like they were actually cockroaches. Crazy strong dude. Should be fun to see on which side he is.

Last edited:

The Fool

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Cockroaches can't use animals that weren't used by humans, if I remember correctly. Where was the Dung Beetle?

Teppei

Reaction score
Country
Germany
You're right. I thought it would've been a nice idea, to have a dung beetle base in this series considering the strength level and tie-in with the pyramids and stars to navigate and all that. But there was this Diving Water Beetle, which somehow snuck in with the Roaches before, so maybe there are more type of insects on Mars than cockroaches, who knows. Should be interesting.

The Fool

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The Diving Beetle was the bug of John Welthork from BUGS II. The black guy with dreadlocks. He never showed his power, but he had it.

cleodux

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I just discover this lovely manga from the anime. And after reading bugs 1. I never stop until the current chapter lol. Never thought there will be survivors from bugs 2. But i found Komachi really familiar lol (cos i watch the ep 1 first) and happy that he survived.

Annex 1 arc is whole new level. Everytime someone fight i pray so hard that the character will survive >.<
Survival game sprinkle with politics bring it on!
I think it became my top seinen action manga. Beating Shingeki no Kyojin on my top list.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I dropped this manga after seven volumes (chapter 73) because the focus on different powers and internal battles was getting pretty boring. I'm halfway thinking about trying to pick it back up. I'm wondering if the recent chapters rely heavily on "power battles" so to speak?

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I dropped this manga after seven volumes (chapter 73) because the focus on different powers and internal battles was getting pretty boring. I'm halfway thinking about trying to pick it back up. I'm wondering if the recent chapters rely heavily on "power battles" so to speak?
Tbh it's pretty much the same as it was before. The Edited Mangas are the end stages of China's betrayal and actually I'm quite satisfied with what we got. The number 1 got introduced and he's a beast + we got some pretty dramatic development. Not sure if you will enjoy it much more though, the basics of the storytelling still remain the same.

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Anyone been keeping track of terraformars?

Son-Derling

Reaction score
Country
Germany
so...only up to chapter 128 is scanlated? and last chapter in japan was chapter 143?

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
havent been able to find anything else, so yeah guess you're right

The Fool

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't understand what's happening in the raw chapters. Is what we are reading a flashback? Maybe this happened before cockroaches landed on Earth?

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
I deliberately kept away from the raws, I feel like trying to understand them would be a waste of time, given how terraformars narration is exposition heavy

Eigengrau

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
So I just read through chapters 155-170 (decided to put Terraformars away until I could read a bunch of chapters in one go), and it's a shame that the pages look like raws, the the translation being "plastered" on top of the actual japanese characters and such.

But anyway, maybe it's because I don't follow the manga every time a new chapter comes out, or maybe it's something regarding the translation, but am I the only one who's a bit confused by the story at this point?

Like, for example,
why is Joseph now a bad guy? I mean, I get it that he was a "baddie" since the beginning from all those revelations, but I don't understand what his reasons are...

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So I just read through chapters 155-170 (decided to put Terraformars away until I could read a bunch of chapters in one go), and it's a shame that the pages look like raws, the the translation being "plastered" on top of the actual japanese characters and such.

But anyway, maybe it's because I don't follow the manga every time a new chapter comes out, or maybe it's something regarding the translation, but am I the only one who's a bit confused by the story at this point?

Like, for example,
why is Joseph now a bad guy? I mean, I get it that he was a "baddie" since the beginning from all those revelations, but I don't understand what his reasons are...
Well, howdy folks. Hope we can get this moving.

On the joseph departament, I think that it was VERY poorly handled (when I read it first, I thought they scalation first had skipped a chapter or 2), but from what I got is that he was always RUTHLESS, like splicing eva up and screwing over his crew, but he was content on playing along with the good guys because he wanted Michelle..and when he got controled by chinaguy he went trought a trip and remembered he didint really care for love. Thus he lost his motivation to play goodie 2 shoes and went full asshole mode.

We have to remember that his family is being setup as an antagonist of the manga, since they play by themselves and not a nation/the humanity (unlike the rest of the characters, even the "villians" like chinaguypresident and Bao), HOWEVER, one thing I don´t understand is the involvelment of Joseph with their plot: Is he their Leader? Just a influentional member? Are there branch families? IDK

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
the Arc after Mars pretty much explains everything..About the Earth's government their goals, & the reason for the whole mission. with the story taken a new direction with the cockroaches & earth...