Discussion - What manhwa/manhua are you reading/planning to read? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion What manhwa/manhua are you reading/planning to read?

mup

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i would recommend

Tower of GOD
Mercenary Maruhan
Ultamate Legand Kang Hae hyo
The Gamer
The Breaker
Feng shin ji
divine bell
the flow
dice

Last edited:

BBB

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Monaco
The only onw I read is tower of god.

I tried to like the gamer but it didn't deliver "the feels"

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I'm currently reading a few manhwa/manhua:-

Bride of the Water God - It has the legendary folklore settings which makes readers feel like they are in ancient times and very fairytale-like. I can imagine if it is an anime or live action show, it would have combined with ancient music, costumes, cultures and customs of the past. Additionally the drawings are very attractive, particularly the clothing which makes the characters look like fairies. It is like watching the traditional operas.

Cavalier of the Abyss - This is a manhwa that requires a lot of attention and imagination and has to be read after the first series, Immortal Regis. I have read the first one which was really good. However the second series has a "top-down" style of presenting the plot. Simply put, the story is told from the future and back to the present manner. Thus many get very confused with the story. Nevertheless it is still a good manhwa to read.

1/2 Prince - This was a novel written by a Taiwanese author, which was then adapted into a manhua. I have read all the novels which were completed. However the manhua is still ongoing. The plot sets in a future world that has surreal virtual reality games where players' five senses can be felt similarly to reality. If one gets hit, he/she can feel pain.

It took me a while to finish the novels but it was worth spending the time. I like the futuristic kind of story where virtual reality games exist. In addition, the story was very well written and the drawings (in the manhua) are very nice.

The Legend of Sun Knight - This is another manhua written by the same author as 1/2 Prince. It is a novel story that has been adapted to manhua. I like the nonsensical humour and "self-talks" of the characters that present the plot in a relaxing manner though the setting is in religions and gods. This is a "must-read" manhua and novel.

:super

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Right now I'm reading Tower of God, Noblesse and The Bride of the Water God for manhwa.

I've also started reading The Ravages of Time, which is the first manhua I've picked up. I've always been interested in The Three Kingdoms, and I heard that this series has a similar concept to it.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm working my way through the new series on LINE Webtoon.

Next on my list is Sidekicks. Not sure what to expect. The art looks cool but with theme comedy series like this it's impossible to know if your going get a bunch of gags or a real story. I'll be hoping for the latter.

Asarii

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm reading HIVE, The Gamer and Dead Days from the LINE Webtoon translations. I don't know why I picked up HIVE and Dead Days when they both freak me out. XD

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm reading HIVE, The Gamer and Dead Days from the LINE Webtoon translations. I don't know why I picked up HIVE and Dead Days when they both freak me out. XD
I had stopped reading HIVE a while a go and recently picked it up again. It's a pretty great read just for the comments on LINE at the end of each chapter.

Yoichi Hiruma

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am planning to read A Fairytale for the Demon Lord, it seems really awesome

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I started reading The Gamer, maybe I will restart TOG once I catch up. I am planning to read The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor too.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I caught up will Girls of Wild's and now I started reading The Gamer. I pick my webtoons at random, so I don't have any plans right now.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Currently read The Gamer and Need a girl . The gamer is really nice and it keeps getting better.
Randomly started reading Need a girl but its pretty funny.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
After catching up with The Gamer I decided to read Untouchable and I really enjoyed it. The art is incredbible, the main character is beautiful and the romance is very good as well, it is quite innovative IMO. I already caught up with it, it is getting better and better each chapter. After this I decided to read Dr. Frost and I'm finding it very interesting, principally the moments where Dr. Frost talks about aspects of psychology and how human act based on patterns. I also caught up with it and now I'm going to read Flow, a fantasy.

GOOMOONRYONG

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Currently I am reading Red Storm and it is really cool you guys should check it out. The main character is the next head of his tribe and he comes across this powerhouse of a human named Noah who trains him. The story takes place in the desert and deals with the politics of leading a tribe/conducting war over resources, etc. The story also moves at a pretty fast pace which I enjoy.

Connorm2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well currently all caught up on many of them and really just love all of them!

Currently:
Noblesse
God of Highschool (Was great but the 17 year timeskip really ruined it for me)
Tower of God
Unordinary
Lookisim
The Gamer

Favorite of all: An eye for an eye (A must read). When karma hits the bad guys it hits them hard.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't updated this in a while. So the series I'm currently following are..

• Tower of God (Which I'm loving more than ever right now.)
  • Noblesse
  • The Gamer
  • 4 Cut Hero (The funniest manhwa, or even comic in general, I'm reading right now.)
  • Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
  • The Volcanic Age (Which is a really good newer murim series)
  • Märchen: The Embodiment of Tales (Provided any more chapters ever get translated)
  • Trinity Wonder (... I want Breaker back:emocat)

There are some other series I'm interested in or want to pick back up but those are the ones and reliably reading. Like I could see catching up on Red Storm and Magician at some point. Also Dark Air, City of the Dead Sorcerer, and HIVE.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I am reading Noblesse and Tower of God now.
:feelsgoodman another soul for Manhwa forums.

I'm currently reading:
Noblesse
Tower of God
Dragnarok
The Gamer
(ocasionally)

I've heard good coments about Legendary Moonlight sculptor and Feng Shen Ji, I'll probably read those later.

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I picked a random manhwa to read recently, Niflheim, and I like it, but the english chapters haven't been released for months so I'm disappointed :(

d3ss!309

Reaction score
Country
United States
Talk about manhwa and manhua series you are reading right now or planning to read soon. Feel free to recommend certain titles to other readers. Share the love and magic of manhwa and manhua! <3

For manhwa I'm only following Noblesse, Tower of God, and Song of the Cloud. As for manhua, none at the moment. Kinda busy so I can't read too much~ ^^;
I am currently reading Noblesse. I think this series is pretty interesting.

Clockworkerr0r

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now, I'm reading The Waning Moon! It's a supernatural BL series that's based in a research lab that's been tasked with studying the behavior of werewolves in order to try and get them recognized as a new type of human species. I was really impressed with how the story was built up, and how much mystery is surrounding the people working at the lab, and the werewolf that's held there. It has done a wonderful job of keeping me interested in the story, and I'm dying to learn more about the backstory of the characters, and of the lab itself. If you're into BL/yaoi, I definitely recommend trying it out!