Shounen - Dragon Ball Super | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
MS released the first chapter.

I thought it was confirmed to be after the last movie but it's before even BoG. I think it's the first time Goku is seen actually work in canon, surprised by the art too, it's very similar to Toriyama's.

There's nothing really interesting for now, Goku letting his son work at his place was easily the best scene of this chapter.

smurf777

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's awesome :fiesta:drmke:dancin after the majin buu saga it went down hill from there with GT :xp it's about time they gave this global super famous Anime\Manga the respect it deserve with a proper saga , can't wait :zomg hope it lasts a long time without feeling the mood ....it's gonna be so crashhhhhh... :x3:shout

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That's awesome :fiesta:drmke:dancin after the majin buu saga it went down hill from there with GT :xp it's about time they gave this global super famous Anime\Manga the respect it deserve with a proper saga , can't wait :zomg hope it lasts a long time without feeling the mood ....it's gonna be so crashhhhhh... :x3:shout
Anime will have at least 100 episodes and Toriyama is only the scenarist so it should be fairly long.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I love it. GT was one of the worst mistakes Japan ever produced

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... in the manga the movies are not cannon? I am guessing the manga will go more or less through the same stuff though. First chapter was ok, I guess we gotta wait a bit for the SSG and SSGSS.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So... in the manga the movies are not cannon? I am guessing the manga will go more or less through the same stuff though. First chapter was ok, I guess we gotta wait a bit for the SSG and SSGSS.
Which movies? The two last ones can be considered canon, but it's a different story for the others.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Which movies? The two last ones can be considered canon, but it's a different story for the others.
I was talking about only the last 2. But what about the movies now in regards to the manga? Which would take precedence, the new manga or the movies? The current chapter has already shown differences with the movie after all.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I was talking about only the last 2. But what about the movies now in regards to the manga? Which would take precedence, the new manga or the movies? The current chapter has already shown differences with the movie after all.
The manga since it's a direct sequel after Buu's death and Toriyama is the scenarist. What are the differences with the movie?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The manga since it's a direct sequel after Buu's death and Toriyama is the scenarist. What are the differences with the movie?
Well, its minor things but there are still differences. Here we see berus remembering the SSG while dealing with some planet. In the movie he had just woken up. I guess the money bit does not necessarily contradict the movie. And the chapter ends with the kaios making some point about a planet disappearing which also did not happen in the movie (and I am not sure of what planet they are speaking about).

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Well, its minor things but there are still differences. Here we see berus remembering the SSG while dealing with some planet. In the movie he had just woken up. I guess the money bit does not necessarily contradict the movie. And the chapter ends with the kaios making some point about a planet disappearing which also did not happen in the movie (and I am not sure of what planet they are speaking about).
The one beerus just nuked. But yea that was the only change I could see, both are canon but manga always takes precedence.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The one beerus just nuked. But yea that was the only change I could see, both are canon but manga always takes precedence.
Is it? The kaios said one of their ancestor's planet had disappeared. It does not seem like those guys beerus destroyed fit into that description. I usually go for manga precedence but in this case the movies came first and were written directly by toriyama.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Is it? The kaios said one of their ancestor's planet had disappeared. It does not seem like those guys beerus destroyed fit into that description. I usually go for manga precedence but in this case the movies came first and were written directly by toriyama.
Toriyama is pretty much a creative council, he outlines the main plot and the character designs, everything else is filled in by someone else. He isn't as involved as he was with dragonball and DBZ.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 2 is out

Kaio speaking like that :lmao.

Good that there's a subplot with Champa, it could make the episodes of the anime more interesting.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am surprised that there is yet another whis. I thought he would be a more unique existence considering his power and apparent ability to make goku into a god of destruction somehow. Even in the last movie he makes the point that he simply is "whis". Maybe he will be special among the attendants of the gods of destruction?

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

And who is the dinosaur guy whom berus asked to destroy the earth?

Ikahel

Reaction score
Country
Poland
This manga is going much faster with pace 1chapter per month than weekly anime ; d Probably this whole beerus arc will end in one volume so it is nice, I wonder if they omit in manga Goku's and Vegeta training with Whis.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Much better than the anime, good pace, and Gotenks actually used his strongest form.

Ikahel

Reaction score
Country
Poland
4 chap is out, and beerus arc is.. already end ; o
It really started to be too fast,I wonder if they wanna keep this pace and for example give us more extra pages in tankobon volumes or without aby bonus pages? Raditz arc took much longer in manga than this : |

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
4 chap is out, and beerus arc is.. already end ; o
It really started to be too fast,I wonder if they wanna keep this pace and for example give us more extra pages in tankobon volumes or without aby bonus pages? Raditz arc took much longer in manga than this : |
Better like that IMO, there is more in the anime, which is taking its time, the arc should be over this Sunday. Pretty sure they are doing this with the anime in mind.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gotta say, I have seen a few episodes of dragon ball super and I am not in the least bit a fan of it. The fight between goku and berus looked like if it was from another manga altogether. The manga is more tolerable though it has not had that many battles or anything. Either way, the story in the anime and manga even though the same is not nearly as enjoyable as battle of gods.