Hangout - Manhua Hangout Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Manhua Hangout Thread

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Manhua finally got their own section on MH! :whoo

Welcome to the Manhua Hangout Thread, which was created for you to socialize with fellow Manhua fans. Ontopic is everything around Chinese comics. For general discussions on East-Asian comics, please go to the Otaku Cafe Hangout and if you want to chat about non-manga related stuff, please attend the General Hangout. But remember, no spamming please. :)

In case you don't know, here is lesson #1 :amuse
  • Manhua are Chinese comics.
  • The comic artists are called Manhuajia.
  • Manhua aren't divided into gender demographics (no thing such as shounen, shoujo, ect).
  • Manhua have a unique art style, different from Manga or Manhwa.
  • A special feature about Manhua is usually the existence of a narrator, which means that there can be more storytelling than speech bubbles.

Have fun! :confetti

Last edited:

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am totally blown by the sheer pace, plot and art of Feng Shen Ji. I will highly recommend it. Three chapters out so far but you will love it from the very start.

Last edited:

The_kid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
City of Darkness seems very promising ^^

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Have read or seen both for a bit. I lost interest though....
Any one have some other recommendations for manhua reading?

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
If you like historical action comics try Blood and Steel
I second this opinion even though it's sometimes messy during fights (too many explanations which are not that interesting). But overall great art, ok story & good characters. It lacks fun a little but still a very good read

Last edited:

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The community awards for 2014 have started! Visit the Community Awards Section and nominate who you thought was BEST this year!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Is there anyone reading the Coiling Dragon's xianxia? I am planning to read it once I complete Stellar Transformations but there's also a manhua adaptation of it, however I heard that they changed some things compared to the xianxia so I was wondering if it was worth it.

dark123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Just read both :D Hmm and i think we should create sub-forum for Battle Through The heavens :D

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just read both :D Hmm and i think we should create sub-forum for Battle Through The heavens :D
By both you mean the xianxia and the manhua? I won't be reading the xianxia before a long time, that's why I am asking if the story in the manhua is totally different.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Is there anyone reading the Coiling Dragon's xianxia? I am planning to read it once I complete Stellar Transformations but there's also a manhua adaptation of it, however I heard that they changed some things compared to the xianxia so I was wondering if it was worth it.
I read Stellar Transformation and Coiling Dragon novel but left half way. The super rapid powerups and then all of a sudden new enemies etc seemed initially awesome but after a while just dropped it because it became too repetitive for me. The manhwa of Coiling dragon didnt feel as good as the novel though. And yes there were some changes.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I read Stellar Transformation and Coiling Dragon novel but left half way. The super rapid powerups and then all of a sudden new enemies etc seemed initially awesome but after a while just dropped it because it became too repetitive for me. The manhwa of Coiling dragon didnt feel as good as the novel though. And yes there were some changes.
Which ones? I only know that they changed his grandpa into a young woman.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Which ones? I only know that they changed his grandpa into a young woman.
Yeh that i guess i shouldnt have said some wasnt thinking straight. The grandpa as a grandpa made more sense to me in the novel when i saw that in first chapter and then in the second one i saw thats being official and not a bad dream in prologue i kind a dropped it.
I should mention that by that time i already dropped the Novel so i didnt have much interest in the issue in the first place.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks awesome. Too bad it's DEEN. We all know what that means.